Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Supreme Fan

Oh man! I can't wrap my head around the whole episode in just one sitting

Good stuff all around! A few things I was not wild about but overall, nicely done.

The "previously" before the episode always bugs me. They always telegraph their next move with their choice of cuts! I hope they don't make a habit of it.
Cute moment with Peter and Alicia talking like normal people about work and smiling at each other. Finally a scene that doesn't feel contrived between them.

Now I get why they didn't advertise on the High School Musical guy. He had what? 4 lines? Variations on a theme and he was meh
Bygones....

I like Griffin Dune and Edward Herrmann. I doubt they'll be back given their profile but I'd love it.

Cary was a douche as in almost every episode since Unplugged. Whatever

Eli finally kicked some butt! He got played... again but at least he showed some political game with the reporter.

Hold the press... Kalinda actually laughed? Wait. what?
Nice to see she can do it. Of course that didn't last. I liked her "Ok" when Alicia told her Squiddy kept calling her Leela. "okay"?! WTF does that even mean? she's not even trying to find a good no-reply reply now?
Alicia! Get on it! You can't let that girl get away with that kind of crap anymore!

Theatre sidebar, your honor? "After the Fall"
Saw it with Carla Gugino as Maggie and seriously... awesome play. I loved Mamie's reading of that line.

ok so... Crozier is back! And man, does she rock! Even Alicia had to admit it. That cross on the drugs? That was Hi-larious!

And... cut to: Kalinda taking her frustrations out on an innocent car
Nicely done by Archie. She looked so cool about it. It clearly was not an angry move. She was just pushing back. And I still think they could have gotten her a lighter bat
The Kiss of death on the rearview mirror was a nice touch. "I totalled your car. Signed: Kalinda"

The partners meeting about the Bar Association gala was a hoot. The way Diane taunted Will was so Brother and Sister. Cute. Poor Derrick doesn't have a date... he could have taken Kalinda

And to prove I'm not anti-Will nor Anti W/A. I loved their interaction in this episode. All of it. Nicely written. Nicely acted. If the writing rose to that level everytime they got into it, I'd have no problem with the love triangle at all. Good going, Kings

Finally, FINALLY, some Childs/Florrick time! If the third candidate didn't do the trick, it would have been hard to believe!

Kalinda gives Squiddy his change... and then some
I'm not gonna say I'm not disappointed that she only gave him a friendly squeeze but ok that girl is good! If she keeps that up (no pun intended) I'm gonna start feeling sorry for Squiddy. Nah.
With Porter's horrible diction, I didn't catch what he said about her background being fabricated... Could anyone make out what is the place he talked about... something Park?

Will kicks some Cary ass. Finally someone slammed that kid down!
I'm wondering if Will is gonna get involved in the campaign or if it was just a one shot.

Kalinda plays chief advisor to Alicia again. That was a nice moment. Trust her to always find the crack you can walk the elephant through! The bedside affidavit scene was hilarious. Alicia was so devious and yet so hesitant. Love that about her.

Diane getting involved was a little short lived. I'd have liked her political involvement to be more consistent but hey... I'm not writing the show.

Finally, the gala scene. As it was foreseeable, the spoilers really spoiled the ending. Oh well... too bad for us. I'd have loved to feel the full effect of the reveal there. Nevermind.
Not sure about Reaser's character. I like the girl. I like the teenage flirtation bit with Will. I thought the writing was hammering the point. We get it. She's not Alicia. But uh... she doesn't know who Peter is? Does she live under a rock? She's into sports, good for her. But even if she's not into politics and that turns Will on she's a writer. Any chance she was on the moon or another country when the scandal broke or when Peter got acquitted or when he announced he was running again? Talk about ham-fisted.
Nope. Doesn't ring true. Let's hope they try to be less obvious next time around.
For some reason it made her sound more juvenile and giggly than Giada who was but wasn't 25. She had this air about her, I dunno... I'll wait it out and see how it goes.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

OMG! When did you write all this, Lily?

Awww now I need to watch it again! Just quick impressions then.

Even better than last week's. I didn't think it was possible. I thought the storylines blended flawlessly for once. It felt like a 2 hours episode! so much going on! But nothing felt rushed this time IMO.

Why can't Nancy Crozier come work at the firm? Pleeease? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

ETA:
Quote:
Could anyone make out what is the place he talked about... something Park?
Got it! Menlo Park (California), home of Joan Baez and small "green" community.
So now we know where Kalinda didn't grow up. Thanks for nothing Squiddy.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 10-19-2010 at 11:40 PM
Old 10-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Got it! Menlo Park (California), home of Joan Baez and small "green" community.
Ooooh nice! Menlo Park, eh? Looks cozy enough. So now we know she probably grew up somewhere entirely different. Inner city kid? I could see that.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know I'm a minority here but Kalinda devastating the car really turned me down.
It may in character or not, this is not the point but I find it an old trick, the baseball bat, the sunglasses and the red lipstick? please...
I simply resent phisical violent and I cannot avoid feeling sick when I see it around me.

You know that I'm not a great fan of Kalinda but I really regret the booze scenes with Alicia or the tense moments with Childs and even the stunt-testimony at Peter trial. I don't like Kalinda around Blake, I hope this is ends soon.

This is just me so it's not really a comment on that scene.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Extreme Fan

The episode was awesome (NO KIDS ) but I forgot most of it

The random files passing was hilarious. I like to think I would've noticed it if I were there.

So Will was great this week defending Alicia and Peter. I wonder how he can know stuff about Glenn? His girlfriend is new, right? I think she's going to stick around for a while, she seemed less attractive (in a good way) than the others and more fitting. But it's a little sad how they showed her to be so different from Alicia and less good than her, 'cause we all know in the end he's going to leave her and it seems unfair she's just this replacement for Alicia.

Quote:
she doesn't know who Peter is? Does she live under a rock?
I'm not surprised, I know people who don't know who the prime minister is. They just have a total lack of interest in the matter.

Quote:
Why can't Nancy Crozier come work at the firm?
Yes! I'd love to see some interaction between her and Cary.

Quote:
So now we know where Kalinda didn't grow up.
that narrow it down...

I was not expecting that woman from last week to be the new candidate! I thought Diane was the one to be nominated Can't wait for next week
Old 10-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It may in character or not, this is not the point but I find it an old trick, the baseball bat, the sunglasses and the red lipstick? please...
It was a means to an end. Nothing more. They are showing more of what Kalinda is underneath the smooth surface. We have discussed before how she might come from a rough background, that certainly confirmed it.
Nobody said those revelations about her background are going to make her more likable. Personally I dislike violence but it's not as if she had taken him down with a baseball bat. That was just a warning, and a way to get into the car.

Quote:
I'm not surprised, I know people who don't know who the prime minister is
I know! Clueless. Although they'd probably recognize the latest sex scandal politician and Tammy is supposed to be a reporter. Even sports journalists are exposed to more news than the average people. They do work in newspapers and magazines with other journalists.

Quote:
So now we know she probably grew up somewhere entirely different. Inner city kid? I could see that.
It would make sense for her to fabricate something as far from the truth as possible so it's not a bad theory. It also goes with the attitude. That doesn't give us a "where" though.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
So now we know she probably grew up somewhere entirely different.
I don't know, maybe that's just what she wants us to think. To fool us more.

Quote:
I know I'm a minority here but Kalinda devastating the car really turned me down.
I don't like most of what she does either, and certainly don't approve of it... but she just looks so good doing it and I might be shallow so...
I'm annoyed that it took Blake of all people to bring it out of her though. It makes her look like a rebellious teenager who acts out for the boy she likes.

Also, isn't it weird that the new candidate works for Childs? He wasn't expecting it at all, it's going to bring us great scenes
Old 10-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Loved the epi, it was one of the best from the begining of the show, enjoyed every second of it.
Can't put my thoughts together to set my opinion clearly ( still bubbled with emothions), will be back later.
Two best scenes: 1) kalinda smashing Blake's car and 2) Will stopping Alicia from admitting discussions of her job with Peter. GO WILLL!!!

Third place is awarded to the scene where our girls received the cosent from co-counselor. Amazing!
As expected, I am not impressed with Tammy, nothing special to me, but who knows
Old 10-20-2010, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Peter and Glenn have baggages so it would be nice to have a fresh face in the race but I reserve the right to be angry because the only way to enter the race (damaging the adversaries) was by committing a crime and try to pin it on another woman?
So the choice was between the bribed judge and Wendy-who-leaked-the tape? please, where is Diane?

Sorry, I didn't like it at all.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Will stopping Alicia from admitting discussions of her job with Peter. GO WILLL!!!
That was such a great scene! Josh played it perfectly! You could tell he was torn and he didn't want Alicia to risk her career to defend Peter but he had to help Peter in order to save her and he did so with such gusto! Loved it!

Speaking of which, I was stunned that Cary almost told them point blank that he thought they were sleeping together! He's really not holding back now, is he?

Quote:
Third place is awarded to the scene where our girls received the cosent from co-counselor. Amazing!
that was brilliant! the way they looked at each other! co-horts in crime!

Quote:
I don't know, maybe that's just what she wants us to think. To fool us more.
That's what I was thinking too but it would go with the recent attitude.

Quote:
I'm annoyed that it took Blake of all people to bring it out of her though. It makes her look like a rebellious teenager who acts out for the boy she likes.
It's a little more than that though but I see what you mean. They couldn't just have her reveal things about herself. It had to be born out of necessity and it had to be someone else feeding us clues. The only reasonable setting was hostility. It wouldn't have been like Kalinda to take it lying down. She had to react so it's all unavoidable I think.

Quote:
Also, isn't it weird that the new candidate works for Childs? He wasn't expecting it at all, it's going to bring us great scenes
I know! The guts of that woman! Love her already

Quote:
I reserve the right to be angry because the only way to enter the race (damaging the adversaries) was by committing a crime and try to pin it on another woman?
It's politics and those who are not ready to play it ugly get eaten alive by those who are. Also she didn't frame Alicia. The journalist drew her conclusions. She just leaked the tape.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
It's politics and those who are not ready to play it ugly get eaten alive by those who are. Also she didn't frame Alicia. The journalist drew her conclusions. She just leaked the tape.
The judge was not good because of her past so this one is better? where is the difference with Childs and Florrick? yes, it's politics but since the female issue seemed so important I was expecting this woman to be different but she's not.
Now I hope for some nasty revenge, since it's not a matter of being different but knowing the best trick.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
The judge was not good because of her past so this one is better? where is the difference with Childs and Florrick? yes, it's politics but since the female issue seemed so important I was expecting this woman to be different but she's not.
Now I hope for some nasty revenge, since it's not a matter of being different but knowing the best trick.
My guess: it is getting more and more difficult to keep Childs in the show as the
main villain. The role has benn so well acted that Peter does not look as a better candidate than childs as a SA (no matter what is written in the script)

Now we have a girl whom nobody likes, playing dirty and having no admirers among the viewers. Former and present SAs combined their efforts to fight this girl. Now it does not matter who wins the office unless it is Wendy

Last edited by kozik; 10-20-2010 at 02:08 AM
Old 10-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
yes, it's politics but since the female issue seemed so important I was expecting this woman to be different but she's not.
I can't speak for the world as a whole but I can tell you that around here, any woman who makes it in politics could just as well be a guy. No more integrity than any other politician. I don't think it's a career for the remorseful.

Quote:
My guess: it is getting more and more difficult to keep Childs in the show as the
main villain.
Also it gives them some cover to have Glenn and Peter work together in a common goal. Beat Wendy! at least until she's out. I think it's a great move plot-wise. But I guess we'll see what they do with it.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I can't speak for the world as a whole but I can tell you that around here, any woman who makes it in politics could just as well be a guy. No more integrity than any other politician. I don't think it's a career for the remorseful.
Absolutely, my remark on being angry was that in the end it's not a matter of being different or woman or gay or black but just to have better trick in your sleeve. I have amore romantic view of politics, we had in the past better men/women (in my country) now it's pretty the same everywhere. But I feel bad nonetheless because it's a woman

Quote:
Also it gives them some cover to have Glenn and Peter work together in a common goal.
It was very nice They were calm, almost joking but I'm sure these two can be sharks when needed and I think this time has come.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm sure these two can be sharks when needed and I think this time has come.
Seems like Peter is willing to take the gloves off when it comes to Alicia.
I absolutely loved that scene between P/G because is so political indeed, meeting over coffee. Very nicely down, they understand that mutual distruction at times is not always the way to go.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick