Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-13-2017, 11:47 AM
Extreme Fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXZwL_EG15c
Old 03-13-2017, 02:14 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the promo

I don't think Elsbeth's whole character is fake/just an act. I think she's really as weird as we see her. That said, you're correct (imo) if you meant that she's aware of her own character, so she can 'use' it, so that people won't see her as a threat at first. I think MIke thought she was harmless and just a weirdo. I love her unique way of thinking and seeing the world.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-13-2017, 06:59 PM
Extreme Fan

I was always waiting for them to expose it's just an act in TGW, but she is kinda "too much" on this show even just after one episode, I'm even more sure it is.
I understand she supposedely has illness, but this is what I think... Her befriending his wife and going to his home was a little bit too calculated, IMO.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:39 AM
Supreme Fan

That's what I meant. I am sure she's aware of her ''strange'' (hey, who is normal? ) characteristics, and I'm sure she uses it to throw people off. She is calculated, she has brains, but at the same time her character isn't really an act imo. She's really that odd, she just uses it to look ''weird'', so people underestimate her but it's not a complete act, she's just playing her true character. God, I suck at explaning her character through my eyes

Anyway, I love her
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
That's what I meant. I am sure she's aware of her ''strange'' (hey, who is normal? ) characteristics, and I'm sure she uses it to throw people off. She is calculated, she has brains, but at the same time her character isn't really an act imo. She's really that odd, she just uses it to look ''weird'', so people underestimate her but it's not a complete act, she's just playing her true character. God, I suck at explaning her character through my eyes

Anyway, I love her
Yeah, that's my take on this too. She's both weird and clever. I love her, there's noone like her and can't wait to see how she's gonna deal with Cresteva. That guy is horrible, well all pathological liars are.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:37 PM
Extreme Fan

This is what they show: She is weird and clever. But, I always thought that her being weird is her acting for some reason. Like it's safer this way. IDK, how to explain it.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:40 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
This is what they show: She is weird and clever. But, I always thought that her being weird is her acting for some reason. Like it's safer this way. IDK, how to explain it.
You're explaining yourself very well, I can see how you see it
Old 03-16-2017, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

I think that's what makes Elsbeth so interesting (and clearly it's all on Carrie Preston for making her so flaky in her first episode). She's always so straight forward and friendly, at least on the surface, that you never know when she's plotting something.

I'm really happy she's back on TGF. I was hoping she'd be a regular but I'm fine with recurring. Honestly, I'd pay to see a Patti Nyholm/Elsbeth parntership

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-16-2017, 03:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I think that's what makes Elsbeth so interesting (and clearly it's all on Carrie Preston for making her so flaky in her first episode). She's always so straight forward and friendly, at least on the surface, that you never know when she's plotting something.

I'm really happy she's back on TGF. I was hoping she'd be a regular but I'm fine with recurring. Honestly, I'd pay to see a Patti Nyholm/Elsbeth parntership
Have you seen last episodes? How do you like them?
Old 03-16-2017, 03:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Love lucca and Colin scenes
Old 03-17-2017, 12:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

YES to that partnership!!
Old 03-17-2017, 05:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
YES to that partnership!!
Thirded Can you imagine that? The rest of Chicago's law firms would go bonkers, no way they would be able to deal with them.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

And on the topic of Elsbeth, interesting interview with Carrie Preston.

EXCLUSIVE: Why Carrie Preston Was 'Concerned' Elsbeth Didn't Fit in on 'The Good Fight'

Quote:
“You sometimes don’t know if she’s manipulating someone or not,” Preston said of Elsbeth.
exactly!

Quote:
Thirded Can you imagine that? The rest of Chicago's law firms would go bonkers, no way they would be able to deal with them.
I know, right? The level of manipulation would be too much to take. I'd also love to see them work together because they seem polar opposites in their personalities and their methods but there's more than meets the eye with both of them.

Quote:
Have you seen last episodes? How do you like them?
I'm still not convinced by Lucca. I wish they would give her more personality and I was hoping TGF would do that since TGW didn't care. Somehow there's more to Maia in just a few episodes than there's been to Lucca.

The cases are like in TGW, a bit of a hit and miss but I like the characters and I like the interaction between them.

Is it possible we have seen more Diane in 5 episodes of TGF than in the past two seasons of TGW?

I'm not looking forward to the SVU thing but then that's no shocker since anything Trump related makes me sick to my stomach but I thought the one before that about the embryos was very interesting, although not exactly original.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:09 PM
Extreme Fan

So how many episodes you watched? 4 or 5? 5th one was about SVU episode. It was very good, imo. I liked how they showed a bad side of firm
Spoiler:

The 6th episode is about some racist guy Milo something.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So how many episodes you watched? 4 or 5?
Only 4. I'm going to watch 5 this weekend, just to be able to push through to the next one

Quote:
I liked how they showed a bad side of firm
I'm looking forward to that. It was missing in TGW

Quote:
The 6th episode is about some racist guy Milo something.
Ugh. I get they want to rip headlines but must it only be about the a-holes who are already plaguing our lives?