Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-05-2017, 04:47 AM
Supreme Fan

Grey's was still doing quite well in S4. It only dropped a little from S2/S3, so I don't think they did it for ratings. If it had anything to do with ratings I think they did it to get even more viewers, but not because they lacked viewers. Hell, even in S13 (which is airing this season) the ratings are better than average. Think it's the best ABC drama, and third drama overall (behind This is Us and NCIS most likely).

The fourth episode will be here soon, cannot wait
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Grey's was still doing quite well in S4. It only dropped a little from S2/S3, so I don't think they did it for ratings. If it had anything to do with ratings I think they did it to get even more viewers, but not because they lacked viewers. Hell, even in S13 (which is airing this season) the ratings are better than average. Think it's the best ABC drama, and third drama overall (behind This is Us and NCIS most likely).

The fourth episode will be here soon, cannot wait
Actually decline started with second part of 3rd season. They did jump the shark with that arc when Meredith was dying for 3 episodes. 4th season saw at least 4-5 million drop in ratings and big decline in 18-49 numbers. While it wasn't that bad, it was clear where the show was going.
4th season was really really bad and that "hot bisexual doctor" story was def. a rating stunt. Actually, I just checked wikipedia and most of story happened in 5th season which saw even bigger decline. BTW, don't get me wrong, there is nothing hotter than 2 sexy females together, but some things just come out as very.... obvious.
I'm not sure if I'll be dissapointed if Maia will go bisexual route, cuz it will be her choice. But I can def see why lesbian killer will look bad and story-wise it will be... basic.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:01 AM
Extreme Fan

WOW, I'm Nostradamus. Bisexual story came way early than we all expected.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Either way, another fantastic episode. Just finished.
1. Matthew Perry is not aging good. It's sad seeing him so young in Friends and so old now. I don't wanna become older, lol.
2. His character is still an *******. I like it. Maybe Peter should appear in finale? Without Alicia, don't get triggered guys, lol.
3. It's really a team show. I like everyone, even Justin Bartha. Marissa/Maia team up was great.
4. Crazy ex, well... It worked okay. I like the social media aspect of the show.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Watching it now

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 03-06-2017, 04:00 AM
Supreme Fan

Enjoyed the latest episode a lot. I liked seeing Matthew Perry again, he sure knows how to get under your finger nails I bet he will be the reason Carrie Preston shows up later this season. To defend the firm. Liked that they mentioned Alicia's problems with Matthew's character.

Marissa helping out Maia was quite enjoyable, I have a feeling they will be the Alicia/Kalinda of this show, but without the off-screen drama I've always argued that TGW (and now TGF) does social media very well.

The case was the most interesting aspect of the episode. I could see both sides, but I'm glad with how the case closed. That dude saying the F word after being offered some sort of visitation right made me laugh out loud. It didn't feel like they had him mention the F word because they could, but really, because it would be a realistic way to respond.

Don't know how I feel about Lucca and Justin Bartha's character.

The talk between Barbara and Diane was really nice. Good scene

Can't wait for the next episode!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:29 AM
Extreme Fan

I thought he is going to spit on her for some reason. They also wanted us to beleive it's Alicia holding that paper at the end of episode, didn't they?
Old 03-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
WOW, I'm Nostradamus. Bisexual story came way early than we all expected.
****. What is it about network tv and lesbians? Are they really that worried that men will be threatened by female characters not interested in them? I mean... I doubt TGF has a huge male audience anyway

Quote:
1. Matthew Perry is not aging good. It's sad seeing him so young in Friends and so old now. I don't wanna become older, lol.
He's not that old. And if you don't do drugs and booze like he does, you will age fine.

Quote:
2. His character is still an *******. I like it. Maybe Peter should appear in finale? Without Alicia, don't get triggered guys, lol.
No thank you. On both

Now I need to watch the episode to comment on it

Quote:
I actually said it because once you mentioned on OB forum that only FF sees first season as the best, when 2nd season was better rated and beloved by general public.
but it's mostly because shippers are hysterical. And I don't mean funny

Quote:
2. Agree about Archie. But she is still wasting her talent on bad shows.
That's why I don't watch Blindspot

Quote:
ER was still #1 show after George left. It actually started declining after Anthony Edwards and Eriq La Salle departures in 8th season. Lesbian story happened before and I actually think that I didn't have to mention it cuz it was def not a rating stunt, more like "we are hip, critics will like it' thing and also it was still a big deal for big 4 channels back in the day.
Well it was a big deal back then, for sure. And Weaver wasn't exactly a "lipstick lesbian" even though she wasn't really butch either. So it was a different take, especially for a popular show

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-07-2017, 12:13 AM
Extreme Fan

I actually liked that story. Usually it's the other way around. Crazy ex-girlfriend or boyfriend, who were nothing more than college experiment, of a straight character. Like it was just a phase (though, it can really be, but you know how hip critics would've react) or mistake, but here it's actually the opposite. I like how writers turn "I've seen it all before" stories in something interesting.
Yep. MP did drugs, sadly. But he mostly did it to lose weight because NBC pushed him to do so. Who would thought that Ross will turn out as the one who aged the best, lol. Jennifer looks very good also.
Weaver story is kinda like how it should be done on television tbh. She is really neither "lipstick" or butch, not queen of beauty, but certainly not ugly, she was just a normal woman. Also, she didn't come out and find piece in a matter of season, it happened over the years. There was a story, towards the run of her character, when she finally found her mother and she was super religious and she decided not to hide her sexual orientation, despite the fact she was afraid to admit it before.
BTW, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2di2Q1AkSL0, .
Old 03-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Elite Fan

Do we know how long S1 is going to be?

Quote:
Like it was just a phase (though, it can really be, but you know how hip critics would've react)
... like it's a huge cliché and if you want to have a character getting it on with a same sex partner, you should at least have the balls to have him or her be gay?

Quote:
Yep. MP did drugs, sadly. But he mostly did it to lose weight because NBC pushed him to do so.
Nah. He did drugs because he's a drug addict. It's like alcoholism. Nobody makes you an alcoholic. It's a tough draw and I hope for him he's out of it for good.

Quote:
Also, she didn't come out and find piece in a matter of season, it happened over the years.
True. Most of the time the way you know characters are gay is them suddenly getting a love interest. As if there weren't any gay people who were not in a relationship or sleeping around

Love her! I wish she was living in NYC so we could have her on TGF

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-10-2017, 04:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Season 1 will have 10 episodes iirc
Old 03-10-2017, 10:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Yep, but they did the opposite in TGF, which I liked.
I feel sorry for Matthew either way. There is def. a lot of pressure on actors/singers to stay young and hip. Was it his choice to become a drug addict? Yep. Did media play part? Yep.
Is Alex only doing UK shows now?
News about next episode: The Good Fight, the CBS All Access show, will be ripped from the headlines this Sunday. And, for the first time ever, Law & Order: SVU will be the subject of those headlines. Remember how SVU did a Trump episode, and they released a promo for it? And then they rescheduled it? And then they rescheduled it again? And then they shelved it permanently?

Well, the writers for The Good Fight thought that was hilarious, so they wrote an entire episode about it. In their fictional version of events, the Faux SVU writer gets sued by Faux NBC for leaking the Trump episode online (like we all hoped the real SVU writers would).

In a further twist, Gary Cole (who played Faux Trump in the unaired SVU episode) will be guest starring in this SVU-themed episode of The Good Fight (as Diane's husband, of course). Also, the SVU episode was called "Unstoppable", while (according to imdb) this episode of The Good Fight will be called "Stoppable: Requiem for an Airdate".
Old 03-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Yep, but they did the opposite in TGF, which I liked.
I feel sorry for Matthew either way. There is def. a lot of pressure on actors/singers to stay young and hip. Was it his choice to become a drug addict? Yep. Did media play part? Yep.
Is Alex only doing UK shows now?
News about next episode: The Good Fight, the CBS All Access show, will be ripped from the headlines this Sunday. And, for the first time ever, Law & Order: SVU will be the subject of those headlines. Remember how SVU did a Trump episode, and they released a promo for it? And then they rescheduled it? And then they rescheduled it again? And then they shelved it permanently?
".
They rescheduled it twice and shelved it permanently
Old 03-13-2017, 05:30 AM
Supreme Fan

The last episode can be described in one word for me: Elsbeth Seriously, she was amazing and the highlight of the episode. Marissa was great aswell.

The case of the episode was nice too and I liked how Neil Gross influenced the case; that they kept fighting due to him.

I like how they keep talking about Alicia, but without mentioning where she's off to. My guess is she's with Jason, but it would be nice to hear something conclusive in a future episode, but I doubt it will happen. I bet the producers are happy to have a drama-free set again, not sure they want to risk that I loved the bit where Elsbeth asks about Alicia and Alicia Keys is mentioned
Old 03-13-2017, 10:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Another amazing episode.
1. I like Neil. He was always mine favourite guest star. I kinda ship him and Diane.
2. The case was good. Poor NBC. What were they thinking creating this episode tbh? At the end it turned out girls are lying. While it can be true in RL, creating such episode based on Trump... Well...
3. Elsbeth is kinda trying too hard. I still beleive she is just playing tbh.