Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-22-2017, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I was surprised Diane didn't explain it to Barbara or that Barbara didn't ask her, cuz it feels like she is that type of character that will.
Maybe it'll happen later. It could be one of those things that evolve over the season

Quote:
Diane "ignoring" potential black assistants was a bigger deal, IMO.
And it's so weird to me. Anyone but Diane?

Quote:
And why no one knows who Marissa is? Wasn't Eli well known and powerful? I just got that impression like Marissa is some sort of unknown girl from the street. I know she doesn't want to use her father for career, but still.
well she's not a celebrity. I didn't mind that part so much.

Quote:
They shouldn't mention Alicia at all or they should've said what happened to her.
It was more a shout out to remind the CBS viewers that it was a TGW spin off than a resolution really.

Quote:
Why Maia just didn't change her number?
I also asked myself that.

Quote:
I also feel bad, but some of voice mails were funny.
in a Cartman kind of way

Quote:
Nurse Jackie husband only as some D-level guest star?
Ugh. I hope so. Can't stand that dude. He also has the same expression on his face except when he's shouting.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 02-23-2017, 05:27 AM
Supreme Fan

I had no issues with Diane ignoring those assistants. I don't think it had anything to do with race, she would have done the same if they were caucasian. I like that she hired Marissa She's not famous, so didn't mind her not mentioning Eli either. I hope Marissa mentions him at some point tho, just to let the viewers know where he is.

Personally I doubt they are going to kill off Maia. Even if that storyline (of her parents) is over I bet she will still stay on as regular. She's like the Alicia of TGF, so no, her death is not going to happen imo. That guy from the elevator was just there to portray to the viewers that people recognize her and that her fear/emotions are based on something real. People know her, know her number, etc. I just found it odd (like you both) that she didn't change her number.

The girlfriend as suspect? I've thought about that. She looked smart and all, but in the end she seemed too innocent for me. I don't think they are going there. But who knows?

Impossible for me to ''like'' her voicemails. Only portrayed how much people despise her. There''s nothing fun about it imo.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I had no issues with Diane ignoring those assistants. I don't think it had anything to do with race, she would have done the same if they were caucasian.
That gave a bit of an undertone though.

Quote:
I hope Marissa mentions him at some point tho, just to let the viewers know where he is.
Well that's the least mysterious bit of them all. He's probably doing what he's done on TGW every episode since he got in (try to get Peter elected as a Pope maybe? I don't know. What is there after the POTUS election? :p)

Quote:
Personally I doubt they are going to kill off Maia.
Obviously but maybe try to.

Quote:
The girlfriend as suspect? I've thought about that. She looked smart and all, but in the end she seemed too innocent for me. I don't think they are going there. But who knows?
Let's just say it's not totally unlike RK to believe he's being edgy by having a killer lesbian (hm.... Basic Instinct, dude it's been done. A LOT)

Quote:
Impossible for me to ''like'' her voicemails. Only portrayed how much people despise her. There''s nothing fun about it imo.
I didn't find them funny either because I tend to identify with people who are being bullied and I get mad but if I applied the same strategy I do in life when people act like that, I'd be laughing at them.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:29 AM
Extreme Fan

I didn't say she will be killed, I say that guy from elevator looks like he will try to kill or do something with her.
There was a certain race aspect in first 2 episodes. Also there is a bit of irony in the first one. I'm not sure where they are going with it, though. Diane was so shocked by Trump win, she went to another country to buy an expensive house. Can a person that can potentially be effected by Trump presidency do this? No. When she met Barbara they talked about her "work for black people/minorities" (don't remember correctly) speech and you can tell Diane was a little bit ashamed of it. I think they are trying to portrait Diane as a privileged white saviour even when it comes from her heart. Race conflict is certainly coming and so far I like everything they are setting for it. I have high hopes for this show. Even if it's a one season wonder.
Maia voice-mails were definitely presented with a little sense of humor.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:47 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
I didn't say she will be killed, I say that guy from elevator looks like he will try to kill or do something with her.
There was a certain race aspect in first 2 episodes. Also there is a bit of irony in the first one. I'm not sure where they are going with it, though. Diane was so shocked by Trump win, she went to another country to buy an expensive house. Can a person that can potentially be effected by Trump presidency do this? No. When she met Barbara they talked about her "work for black people/minorities" (don't remember correctly) speech and you can tell Diane was a little bit ashamed of it. I think they are trying to portrait Diane as a privileged white saviour even when it comes from her heart. Race conflict is certainly coming and so far I like everything they are setting for it. I have high hopes for this show. Even if it's a one season wonder.
Maia voice-mails were definitely presented with a little sense of humor.
Sorry, misread it then You literally said ''but he will probably comeback in season finale to kill her'', so can understand that I read it like that

Still not thinking he'll come back tho, he seemed to play a small guest spot, just to show the fans that people even know where she works, etc. But you could be right

I do agree that something with race could happen, but just saying some things had nothing to do with it in my eyes
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think they are trying to portrait Diane as a privileged white saviour even when it comes from her heart.
Yeah that's how I perceived it too. I know even people who have their heart in the right place tend to live in their own bubble and they don't always realize what's going on but Diane has always been portrayed as pretty involved, I don't know

Quote:
Even if it's a one season wonder.
I hope that they get enough notice to close storylines if it's the case.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Diane chose Marissa because she is good, but in Barbara eyes she chose her because she is white. There was a moment when she saw black assistants being ignored by Diane and she gave that "I'm not surprised" look. She also was the one who lobbied them to Diane.
She ignored black masks, this thing and maybe will ignore a couple of more racist (in her eyes) things before conflict will reach its culmination and explode, leading to Barbara saying "either her or me" to Robert.

Last edited by ERussia; 02-23-2017 at 04:55 PM
Old 02-24-2017, 06:45 PM
Extreme Fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxk2SG_NRqU
next episode promo.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:23 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks

Old 02-25-2017, 02:38 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Cheers!
Old 02-26-2017, 05:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Episode 3 is here.

https://twitter.com/thegoodfight/sta...65096638906369
Old 02-27-2017, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Having seen ep 1 I really like it, it's different from TGW but still with really good writing.

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 02-27-2017, 08:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Saw it last night. Stellar episode, made me love Marissa even more. The case was also really interesting.

Don't know what to think of the main plot of the season. Strong arc, but no idea who is behind it.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Another very good episode. Final scene was a little bit over the top though. Maia adventures in her uncle house were strange too. I understand that it was a comic relief moment, but still.
- Julius voting for Trump was interesting. He is gullible enough to do it. The whole story about him being threatened was an interesting take on current political situation.
- The episode felt very TGW-ish which is a plus.
- Bartha and Lucca can be interesting. But the whole story is "been there done that", but they are not even hiding they will hook-up so whatever.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:55 PM
Extreme Fan

The Good Fight - Episode 1.04 - The Verge of Truth - Promo amazing promo for 4th ep.