Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-19-2017, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

The Good Fight Discussion Thread #1 - We just really want to hear Diane say the F word!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 02-19-2017, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Sooo... any takers?

Old 02-19-2017, 11:21 PM
New Fan

Loved it so very much!
Old 02-20-2017, 04:32 AM
Supreme Fan

Will comment tonight
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope I can find a way to catch that?

Maybe top this and untop the series finale thread of TGW?

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 02-20-2017, 12:10 PM
Supreme Fan

Loved the two episodes. The cast seems really strong and I have yet to notice a weak link. I'm especially happy to see Sarah Steele back on my screen, she's awesome as Marissa. There was a small text about Alicia, but it still didn't answer whatever happened to her. Apparantly she left, but where to? Jason, I suppose. While her story is over I do admit I'm curious what happened in the year that's missing. Marissa was working for Alicia that year aswell (I know she worked for her during S6, but this seemed more recent?).

Other than that the cases seemed strong and Maia is easy to root for. I have a feeling her dad is indeed innocent, but I don't think you can say the same about her mother and the guy she's now sleeping with. This story really has my attention. It was a captivating piece of drama.

The intro rocks by the way, we both appreciated it.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
The intro rocks by the way, we both appreciated it.
Yeah, the intro is great! Clasy and intriguing, but still different from TGW.

The show was good, very good, even though when I watched Maia and Diane I was instantly reminded of Alicia. But those scenes when Diane find out just how few friends she has left were absolutely heartbreaking. The Kings sure like to be cynical.

Does anybody have any theories on who's really guilty of the financial scheme? My bet is on the uncle, with the help of the mother.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:56 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annima (View Post)
Yeah, the intro is great! Clasy and intriguing, but still different from TGW.

The show was good, very good, even though when I watched Maia and Diane I was instantly reminded of Alicia. But those scenes when Diane find out just how few friends she has left were absolutely heartbreaking. The Kings sure like to be cynical.

Does anybody have any theories on who's really guilty of the financial scheme? My bet is on the uncle, with the help of the mother.
Betting the same, if you mean the mother and the guy she apparantly slept with. The mother I'm sure of. Looked way too suspicious.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I hope I can find a way to catch that?
They aired one episode on CBS and another right after on All Access or whatever it's called but I don't think there's any other legal way to watch so far.

Why does RK keep piling it on Diane now? First Kurt, then Trump (well that's reality ), now she's robbed by someone she trusted? Come on!

Love her attitude though.

I liked Rose Leslie's character but it still freaks me out to hear her speak without her accent

Still not sold on Lucca but I'm happy Marissa is back

And a big to seeing so many TGW names in the credits. It seems most of the crew is the same and obviously you could tell Beth K is working on the sets

Old 02-21-2017, 09:32 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm afraid to watch it. I don't wanna fall in love with show that can be easily cancelled
Old 02-21-2017, 07:57 PM
Extreme Fan

AAAAAND... I've watched first 2 episodes.
1. Intro is boring. I don't get the praise. Thanks god it's not some CGI mess or just scenes from show, though.
2. It looks better and more expensive than TGW. You can still tell that there are green screens here and there, though.
3. Actors are great. GOT girl is surpisingly good, Diana and Lucca are amazing. Her new chief is not as annoying as I thought he will be.
4. Story... Not as basic as I thought it will be from full trailer. I thought GOT girl will try to get Diane respect after what her parents did but there is no such thing, which is amazing. I like that they didn't take easy road with it. Case of second episode was nice.
Thoughts:
1. Her mom actually lied about cancer, but not her being innocent.
2. Race conflict will happen between Diane and Barbara. It's very clear, but it can be interesting considering that Diane is actually a minority in firm.
3. Diane will def. become a lawyer of GOT girl father, or their firm.
4. Maia's girfriend of she herself (yep, twist) was behind it (even if she didn't know it).
5. I missed Justin Bartha???
6. That person from elevator will be back and will probably do something to Maia.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm afraid to watch it. I don't wanna fall in love with show that can be easily cancelled
It won't last 8 years but I think they'll try for a couple of seasons at least.
Considering how bad CBS is doing this year with new shows, if All Access doesn't take off, they might even switch it to CBS with a rerun of episodes that aired only on AA, some editing included if necessary so they'll probably get another season there

Quote:
1. Intro is boring. I don't get the praise. Thanks god it's not some CGI mess or just scenes from show, though.
Compared with the TGW logo we always had, it's a step up

Quote:
2. It looks better and more expensive than TGW. You can still tell that there are green screens here and there, though.
CBS is not known for its modern production facilities but if they screw up green screens there, I'm kinda worried for Star Trek

Quote:
GOT girl is surpisingly good,
Hey Rose Leslie was awesome in GoT
She had to pretend to be all in love with Jon Snow... I mean...

Quote:
Her new chief is not as annoying as I thought he will be.
I like the actor. Seen him many many times but I must say he never really got material that did him justice so maybe TGF will do him good

Quote:
2. Race conflict will happen between Diane and Barbara. It's very clear, but it can be interesting considering that Diane is actually a minority in firm.
I kinda hope not but the Kings are rarely subtle so it'll probably happen

Quote:
6. That person from elevator will be back and will probably do something to Maia.
A little mystery never hurt but I hope they don't drag it season-long either.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:43 PM
Extreme Fan

IMO, but he will probably comeback in season finale to
Spoiler:
It's clear that her/her parents story is the story of the season. Or I'm missing something? They will have that big story with case of the week stories here and there.
I'm also kinda here for the race conflict. But they need to be careful, so no "Black people can be racist too", something more complicated. David Lee is so freaking terrible for sending Diane those "black masks" btw, he was never like that in og show.
Oh, and I forgot to say that I actually reaaally liked it. Second episoded was also better than the first one.
1st: 7/10
2nd: 8.5/10.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's clear that her/her parents story is the story of the season. Or I'm missing something? They will have that big story with case of the week stories here and there.
That's what they advertised I think and I don't mind. It seems like there's enough there for a story that will last over the season, if they do it right and since they also have other cases, it's fine I think

Quote:
I'm also kinda here for the race conflict. But they need to be careful, so no "Black people can be racist too", something more complicated.
Yeah that's kinda why I was hoping not. I'm all for interesting race conflict but it's hard to do well and if it's the Kings writing... I don't know

Quote:
David Lee is so freaking terrible for sending Diane those "black masks" btw, he was never like that in og show
Yeah he's kinda become the catch-all bad guy now which I don't really like. He was always quirky and un-PC but that's just OoC imo.

Quote:
Oh, and I forgot to say that I actually reaaally liked it. Second episoded was also better than the first one.
Lots of reviews are saying the same. I think they had to establish things in the first episode... and also that they knew it was going to air on CBS so they were keeping it more... network?

Old 02-22-2017, 05:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Yep, it was just racist. I was surprised Diane didn't explain it to Barbara or that Barbara didn't ask her, cuz it feels like she is that type of character that will. Diane "ignoring" potential black assistants was a bigger deal, IMO.
More thoughts:
And why no one knows who Marissa is? Wasn't Eli well known and powerful? I just got that impression like Marissa is some sort of unknown girl from the street. I know she doesn't want to use her father for career, but still.
They shouldn't mention Alicia at all or they should've said what happened to her. "After Alicia left" is not gonna cut it for me.
Why Maia just didn't change her number? I also feel bad, but some of voice mails were funny.
Nurse Jackie husband only as some D-level guest star?