Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Georgetowners {Alicia♥Will} Appreciation Thread #11 - Because he has loved her since Georgetown

Welcome to the 11th
Alicia Florrick | Will Gardner
Appreciation Thread

Reasons we like them:
Because they were classmates
Because he is going to be her friend
Because he helped her
Because if she needs him, he will be there for her
Because he winked at her
Because he is on her side
Because Will got Alicia the job
Because Alicia liked to watch him pitch
Because they are going to have diner soon
Because they kissed
Because they've ALWAYS had bad timing
Because he likes himself around her
Because he loves her
Friendship list:
1. autumnღfairytale
2. snatches of sunshine
3. Eternal Flame
4. Libra
5. Brilliant Disguise
6. feelthatrush
7. Lazy
8. hathaross
9. Andie
10. swanklikehilary
11. Nymph Marty
12. silver girl
13. Natih_Fate
14. crazy_diamond
15. Ludmi83
16. Sarang
17. carissinha
18. Srta_Parker
19. ssbailey
20. ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~
21. chicks89
22. MyzButterfly
23. Jen226
24. ConnieB04
25. Ally88
26. carito
27. Nessa233
28. Lily_Marie
29. starrydecisus
30. Caribell
31. Theicequeenq8
32. *Raine*
33. neptune_girl
34. maymayflying
35. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
36. everything|taboo
37. andsoitis
38. met
39. irishsunshine
40. nellygrl
41. *MaryMgo*
42. shippyangel
43. witgit
44. lovedanielmeade
45. fairymama19
46. MadisonNorthFan
47. kozik
Shipper list:
01. Eternal Flame
02. Brilliant Disguise
03. Lazy
04. swanklikehilary
05. alt.er
06. silver girl
07. Natih_Fate
08. crazy_diamond
09. Ludmi83
10. Sarang
11. carissinha
12. Srta_Parker
13. ssbailey
14. Kiki17
15. cloudyday101
16. tulipqueen
17. hannah88
18. Xomaaa
19. memory91
20. feelthatrush
21. crazyfreak
22. Kate7777
23. MissSullivan
24. irulan
25. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
26. ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~
27. chicks89
28. MyzButterfly
29. Jen226
30. ConnieB04
31. Ally88
32. carito
33. Nessa233
34. Lily_Marie
35. starrydecisus
36. Theicequeenq8
37. *Raine*
38. neptune_girl
39. maymayflying
40. everything|taboo
41. andsoitis
42. met
43. irishsunshine
45. Arihas
46. blue_butterflies
47. *MaryMgo*
48. shippyangel
49. moon-light
50. house_stacy
51. hlgreenie
52. Nymph Marty
53. hlgreenie
54. niam
55. witgit
56. brighter_day
57. Cloph
58. agne
59. BoxingKangaroo
60. Meetmehalfway
61. MadisonNorthFan
62. Annso
63. Dancer150
64. BlushingBrunette
65. Kozik
|

Quotes

Will: You know what's so G R E A T about someone like Alicia?
She's a N A T U R A L. She doesn't have to T R Y so hard.
Will: Well, if you ever need A N Y TH I N G...
Alicia: If I ever need...
Will: A N Y TH I N G. Give me a call.
Alicia: Okay, I will.
Will: I’m giving up on L A W anyway. Sick of it.
Alicia: Back to the M I N O R S?
Will: I C O U L D have been a contender.
Alicia: liked watching you P I T C H.
Will: Y E A H, I had some moments.

Alicia: I want to be here
Will: I W A N T Y O U to be here
Alicia: Then I A M H E R E
Will: We have B A D T I M I N G. We've A L W A Y S had bad timing...

|

Alicia & Will FanMix

Coldplay - The Scientist
LIfehouse - It Is What It Is
Neil Diamond - All I really Need Is You
Rascall Flatts - Forever
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Cheated Hearts
Future Threads
Because they finally had their dinner and they loved it.
-Because she came back.
-Because Alicia wants a plan and Will is going to create one.
-Because they have options.
-You can see this makes her feel good, and there’s so little that brings her joy.
-Her head in tilted down, but she’s looking up at him.
-And, yeah, they relax around each other as we don’t see them do with anyone else.
-In no time flat, they are both starry-eyed and waxing lyrical about their days together at Georgetown. - LA Times
-"I like myself around you, Alicia, and I don't like myself around a lot of people."
-The scene is, for lack of a better phrase, kind of adorable, and Alicia shows some admirable pluck. - LA Times
-There is something endearing about how totally un-smooth it is. - LA TIMES
-Because they have true love and passion
Previous Threads
- Cause her friend will be there for her
- Because Will thinks Alicia is a natural
- Because Will know's Alicia's heart is in the right place and she'll get there
- 'Cause he wants her to be there with him
- “We've always had bad timing.”
- Because we want to know what happened in Georgetown
- Because it will be just as romantic when it happens
- Because these two make a cute couple
- Because they need a plan!
- Because her strength and integrity are like oxygen to him

Last edited by Det.Logan; 10-18-2010 at 03:04 AM
Old 10-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Master Fan

Can I be added? I'm new to this board and I love Alicia and Will!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Passionate Fan

Hi Ally, welcome!!

TFTNT!

Old 10-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

whoops I just realized I'm already on the list

Nevermind!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT Lily_Marie. I think the title is just fine. Raquel shouldn't mind. We can use the Kings quote for the next one. Unless Alicia declares her love for Will in the meantime

And welcome Ally.

Quote:
Emily was a test for him, I think, something he wanted to do to get himself away from Alcia, to see if she really did have that much control over him fifteen years later.
I completely agree about Emily being a test. This comes after Baxter needling him about his doomed obsession with Alicia. So he really did have to prove to himself that he could get over her. I'm not exactly sure about what happened between Infamy and Heart. But (and this is when you guys are going to get scared about the level my TGW obsession) when he calls Alicia in Painkiller he's all cleaned up and is apparently going to some event carrying what looks very much like two tickets I don't think that implies a sex life, but it's just conjecture anyway. I think the end of the sabbatical, well and truly, must have come somewhere after Doubt. Between Heart and Doubt he's waiting for Alicia to go out to dinner and discuss things with her. After Doubt, not only has he realized the precarious position it puts him in vis a vis the firm but is also getting signals from Alicia that she is not utterly willing to follow through. Maybe Sadie was the first person he thought of rekindling things with and stuck to her for the time between Doubt and Boom. But I'm pretty sure he had sex with Sadie (something about the way she was looking at him during the mock trial) and that he didn't sleep with Giada. Just the way he says Dinner at their date like that's a big deal.
And now I'm shutting up about this conjectural sex life of a fictional character.

Quote:
I don't think she'd be angry yet. But if he displays a continuity of coldness towards her, then I think the anger will come, because then it would be ike, 'you're the one who decided to drop the issue AND you've moved on, why are you mad at me?'.I don't thinke she'll think him unreliable yet, after all, she's the one who's in between two men.
Exactly, right now she's sad and perplexed. But if he keeps this up I expect her to get mad. As for the unreliable thing, I just thought that with him almost saying something substantial one minute (which has been backed by his actions most of last season) then retracting, then acting hurt about it, and then the indiscriminate, guiltless sex she's going to think maybe the man just can't make up his mind about what he wants.

Quote:
He didn't get out of that court room in the premiere because he had somewhere else to be, he left because he was under the impression that he had now lost to Peter four (?) times and he couldn't stand to be in the sasme room as Peter. Not that Alicia is a prize, but to know that the woman you love has picked the same man over you four times has to be painful.
I think I wrote the exact same thing some posts ago. Hee. Only my count was three.
I was wondering if it helps or makes it worse that there is no way for him to believe that he is in fact the better man as compared to Peter. Not with respect to Alicia, but in general. I think the show has done a good job of showing that Will is not a white hat either. And if he thought about it, he wouldn't be able to justify his own actions many times. For all of Peter's alleged corruption the general public perception is that he was a good SA. Will may probably be jealous of him as Alicia's husband and fail to understand why she keeps taking his hand. But sometimes knowing that the person you keep losing out to has other qualities that trump yours makes it better and sometimes all the more excruciating.
Quote:
This, I think is the underlying reason as to why Alicia and Will are so carefull with their romantic feelings around each other. I always get the feeling that with A/P, they were lovers first and then they got married, had kids, etc, I don't think they were ever really friends. While they probably do know all there isto know about each other, Alicia has probably alway put Peter on a pedestal which came crashing down. With A/W, they are friends first, if the romance doesn't work, there is that fear of loosing each other as friends. They both do put each other on a pedestal, but they are not blind to each other's faults either.
Completely agree. The Kings also said somewhere that A/W will always be friends but their relationship will always edge towards something more. There is a lot of comfort in that friendship for each of them. For Alicia, because he watches out for her at work and gets her to unwind. For him, because he likes himself around her. For a friendship to have survived 15 years without much contact not only speaks about the quality of their interaction during their initial years together but also about the connection between them. I'm sure the friendship itself must have had to face some ups and downs (if anything a secret love doesn't make things easier). I also thought that was the reason they couldn't stay mad at each other. And that they're very aware of the faults of each other, but never seem to call the other person on it. As for them putting each other on a pedestal, I think a lot of it is backed by substance as well. They must not have started with that. They must have gotten to know each other's strengths and weaknesses over time and admired the other for their patent skills. Will appreciates Alicia for her excellent courtroom skill, he thinks she's a natural. He's right about that. Alicia admires Will's out of the box thinking and often daring courtroom tactics. She's also right.
With Peter and Alicia, the age difference could also be a factor. He was elder to her, already good at his job, son of a judge, and she probably met him while she was a student. So putting him on a pedestal must have come very naturally to her.

ETA : Let's make that Welcome Back Ally then
Old 10-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT
Old 10-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think I wrote the exact same thing some posts ago. Hee. Only my count was three.
I was wondering if it helps or makes it worse that there is no way for him to believe that he is in fact the better man as compared to Peter. Not with respect to Alicia, but in general. I think the show has done a good job of showing that Will is not a white hat either. And if he thought about it, he wouldn't be able to justify his own actions many times.
i was wondering this, too. because in will's mind, he can't necessarily say he's the "better man" because it sure seems like he has demons in his past, too, things he'd rather hide than bring to the surface. in a different way than peter, of course, but there's still skeletons in his closet.

thanks for the new post. little typo in "because" though

i can't wait for tuesday!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Elite Fan

tftnt!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

tftnt

This has to be one of my favorite fandoms and threads on . Everytime I come to an A/W thread there are always well thought out long posts.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey Raquel. Hope you're okay with the title.
And I love this thread as well. I'm supposed to be off the forum and off TGW. But keep coming back to this thread. Frankly, I am not really very good at keeping track of the other threads right now (feel rather guilty about that).
But no TGW for me after the next one till 2.07. I know I said I won't watch 2.02, but then I saw the damn promo!! When I log in after a few weeks, I expect to see a new thread by then
Quote:
little typo in "because" though
Nice catch Asra. Lily will have to fix that.

Quote:
i was wondering this, too. because in will's mind, he can't necessarily say he's the "better man" because it sure seems like he has demons in his past, too, things he'd rather hide than bring to the surface. in a different way than peter, of course, but there's still skeletons in his closet.
I sometimes wonder if people will understand my rambling. It's usually at 4 in the morning, before starting my day's work or late at night after a whole day of mind boggling studies. So it almost never makes complete sense to even me. But you decoded it somehow!!
Old 10-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Fan

TFTNT. I just watched the season opener, and somehow they've made me an even bigger fan of AW than before. I'd like to write a thoughtful, deep post, but I'm still trying to process everything. But the feet and Will giving Alicia advice He doesn't seem to let the personal get in the way of the professional. That's something I really respect about him.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by witgit (View Post)
Hey Raquel. Hope you're okay with the title.
And I love this thread as well. I'm supposed to be off the forum and off TGW. But keep coming back to this thread. Frankly, I am not really very good at keeping track of the other threads right now (feel rather guilty about that).
But no TGW for me after the next one till 2.07. I know I said I won't watch 2.02, but then I saw the damn promo!! When I log in after a few weeks, I expect to see a new thread by then
The title is perfect. I love reading your posts gonna miss them when you are gone. When you come back...I expect a thesis on all the A/W scenes.

BridgeChick, I know I'm an even bigger fan of them.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I sometimes wonder if people will understand my rambling. It's usually at 4 in the morning, before starting my day's work or late at night after a whole day of mind boggling studies. So it almost never makes complete sense to even me. But you decoded it somehow!!
aww, i'm honored. I LOVE your posts so i'll miss you when you're gone for the couple of weeks but can't wait for your return. and honestly, this is the only thread here i check 5 times a day lol. sometimes the news and photos one but otherwise, this is it!

Quote:
But the feet and Will giving Alicia advice He doesn't seem to let the personal get in the way of the professional. That's something I really respect about him.
the feet thing just melted my heart. too sweet. and, i agree, he's such a great character and really respectful, it says a lot about the man he is.

like you said, 2x01's made me even MORE of a fan. i can't wait for next ep!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by witgit (View Post)
Unless Alicia declares her love for Will in the meantime
Oh, for that to happen!

To quickly go back to a topic you people were discussing yesterday though, I don't think Alicia is in love with Will. Her feelings are there, and they are strong, very very strong. But she's not at that point yet, but rather on the brink of it. You know the part in the premiere where in the office she office, she was pushing to get him to talk to her? Well, I think that romantically or not, Alicia has realized how much she needs him in her life, how much she wants him to want her, that she like all the attention she get from him and how much she actually values the friendship she has with him. In that scene, I think it was the first time that Alicia was the one that was pushing to preserve their friendship, because she was so afraid that it was lost. Looking at his shoes was an act of desperation.

Quote:
But I'm pretty sure he had sex with Sadie (something about the way she was looking at him during the mock trial) and that he didn't sleep with Giada. Just the way he says Dinner at their date like that's a big deal.
I always assumed that at some point in their past they had slept together. So when Sadie and Will were supposed to have dinner, I assumed it was goin to be a romantic one. Bu first Alicia and then giada threw a wrench into whatever was going to happen.

Quote:
I was wondering if it helps or makes it worse that there is no way for him to believe that he is in fact the better man as compared to Peter. Not with respect to Alicia, but in general. I think the show has done a good job of showing that Will is not a white hat either. And if he thought about it, he wouldn't be able to justify his own actions many times. For all of Peter's alleged corruption the general public perception is that he was a good SA. Will may probably be jealous of him as Alicia's husband and fail to understand why she keeps taking his hand. But sometimes knowing that the person you keep losing out to has other qualities that trump yours makes it better and sometimes all the more excruciating.
I'm hoping that they elaborate on this more. What I have noticed though, is that he doesn't hide his moral flaws from Alicia. He tried it in the begining, when he tried to downplay what happened with the kid who died in the lead poisoning case, but that was it. He know that he hasn't been the most honorable man around, and he's not ashamed of it. He did what he had to do. As a lawyer, is client comes first. But maybe Peter didn't have to make some of those ethical decisions or made different ones (we really need to know more on this), which Will knows of and it's preying on his mind in regards to Alicia. Mind you, I don't want a comparison between Will and Peter. I think eventually, whether Alicia picks Peter or Will, it shouldn't be because one is better that that the other. As I said somewhere, this isn't a competition.

Quote:
I'm sure the friendship itself must have had to face some ups and downs (if anything a secret love doesn't make things easier). I also thought that was the reason they couldn't stay mad at each other. And that they're very aware of the faults of each other, but never seem to call the other person on it.
I think that they know each others faults and know that the other know of them too, which is why they have probably long dropped judging or picking each other out for it (Did that make sense?). But I don't think they stand for the other hiding those faults either. In Heart, when Will went on about how they couldn't drop the class action because there were sixty other couples like their client, Alicia shot him a look that clearly read 'This isn't about the sixty couples, it's more that the firm needs the money'. Will caught that look and then proceeded to acknowledge it.

Quote:
little typo in "because" though
Thank you for catching that. I corrected it

Quote:
We're going to miss you.

Quote:
TFTNT. I just watched the season opener, and somehow they've made me an even bigger fan of AW than before. I'd like to write a thoughtful, deep post, but I'm still trying to process everything. But the feet and Will giving Alicia advice He doesn't seem to let the personal get in the way of the professional. That's something I really respect about him.
Yes, I find myself loving them more too. Not just them though, all the other characters as well.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey everyone, not to take away from the awesome discussion going on, but I made an AW banner that can be added to the main post if everyone likes it: