Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlpnlp (View Post)
i'm suffering some serious a/w withdrawal. I wish i was warned before i started watching tgw how difficult it is not to see a/w on my screen every week.
this
Old 02-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It was clear from the start that in Alicia's current situation her relationship with Will couldn't last. They are both in different places.
For now anyway. I was never a shipper but I was kinda bummed that they rushed into this to have something juicy in the season finale. It made Will look like some kind of rebound guy and I know that's not how Alicia sees him, even if she's not in love with him.

Quote:
how are you supposed to move on and find yourself if you are tied to this fake marrige with the guy who hurt you more than once and one of the people you care about the most ?
That, I agree with, mostly. It does depend on the reason you're staying in the marriage and since they live apart, it's really just a piece of paper now anyway. She's not staying with him to help him out or out of guilt or whatever, she's not making it final just yet because it would cost her financially. That's not exactly weighing her down imo.

Quote:
And if you think that finding herself has nothing to do with who she's sleeping with then why she can't have a relationship with Will while she finds herself ?
Because then there's a confusion of the issues. If you can't figure out your "me" first, it's next to impossible to make "us" work, imo.
Look at the way she ended it. Even the viewers have trouble knowing if it was her own issue or theirs or whatever. It just messes everything up.

Quote:
Alicia desperately needs to figure some stuff out and she can't do that attached to either guy IMO
or someone else. She needs to find out who she is, out of a relationship. She's been stuck in a marriage that changed her, in many ways and now that she's free of it (in every way but on paper), she needs to find the new Alicia in the middle of all this.
She's been succeeding at it mostly, professionally. Now she needs to do the same for her personal life.

Quote:
Have you heard about self-denial ? And as Em said, Alicia is in love with Will, but she doesn't feel allow to live such a love.
I don't know. I'm not going to kick start that old debate again but I have yet to see one single shred of evidence Alicia is in love. Will's love is plain to see and it's almost painful to see it but Alicia's? I just don't know.
So in absence of evidence, I'll have to believe the lady's words and she had no concrete reason to lie, nor even the slightest hesitation saying that.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 02-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

Happy V-day to Alicia and Will !

Quote:
I'm suffering some serious A/W withdrawal. I wish I was warned before I started watching TGW how difficult it is not to see A/W on my screen every week.
Amen

Quote:
Will's love is plain to see and it's almost painful to see it
It is ! The poor guy is suffering

Quote:
she's not making it final just yet because it would cost her financially.
Yeah you're right. I totally forgot David Lee's suggestion to Alicia
I think she is also worried for the press but I think it's inevitable.

Quote:
I'm not going to kick start that old debate again
I know I think we already had this discussion in Alicia's thread a long time ago

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 02-15-2012, 08:35 AM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Quote:
i'm suffering some serious a/w withdrawal. I wish i was warned before i started watching tgw how difficult it is not to see a/w on my screen every week.
Owww, re watching better A/W times, helps to relieve suffering But a new episode is coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srta_Parker (View Post)
I think she´s afraid to stop being the good wife.
I hope the title of the show turns into an irony at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
It made Will look like some kind of rebound guy
Not at all! They are both grown-ups, Will knows it started with an hour, he is aware of her background and imo, he gave her what she needed in that moment: felt desired. Will would have expected to turn the affair into something more serious after some time, but she is not ready. I want to see him put his feelings first for a change.

Quote:
So in absence of evidence, I'll have to believe the lady's words and she had no concrete reason to lie, nor even the slightest hesitation saying that.
Well, I believe this is arguable. Her behavior under certain circumstances, beyond words, says she might be. Anyhow, her mind is more powerful than her heart in relation to Will lately, romantically speaking.

Quote:
You may not want to discuss particularly your opinion, but I don’t understand why you believe her words as truth regarding her feelings towards Will (she never hesitate when saying she is not in love) but you don’t think that her family or children was the reason to end the affair when she said it was too much after freaking out about Grace. Isn’t this contradictory?

I have no idea the direction the writers will take for A/W. We can speculate here that she needs some time to spend by herself. But as we ship them together, and Will also exists, I don’t see him waiting for her eternally under this scenario. He is obviously in love and you don’t get out of love that easy. But if he wants a family (there have been some hints pointing at him looking for it) I don’t see Alicia very open to include him in her. Of course this could change, but not in the short time and not if she wants to spend some time alone. Imo, they need to sit down and have a talk, decide to move on, be only friends or try it seriously, but before they need to figure out what they want, individually.

Only the good ones leave early, I will miss you Caloi
Old 02-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree that Alicia needs time to figure out what she wants and be on her own for awhile. Because I love A/W so much I tend to forget that is impossible for Alicia to jump from one relationship to another no matter how much I want to see A/W have a real chance already.

I consider the time from A/W break up and up untill now already included in the time Alicia needs to figure things out and being on her own. So by the end of this season I will be more than ready and actually I will expect of her to make serious decisions about her life (divorce or not, to be with Will or not etc).
Old 02-15-2012, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

4 more days ! According to the promo, we are getting some AW talking

Old 02-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
4 more days ! According to the promo, we are getting some AW talking
Are you sure? TGW comes back this weekend? Wow, great! We're about to find out what happens on Will next! Hopefully not another boring case about murder or suing a big pharmaceutical company.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus (View Post)
Are you sure? TGW comes back this weekend? Wow, great! We're about to find out what happens on Will next! Hopefully not another boring case about murder or suing a big pharmaceutical company.
Yep, here is the promo:

The Good Wife 3x15 EXTENDED PROMO "Live From Damascus" - YouTube

So, Alicia and Will are talking in both different scenes

Old 02-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know I think we already had this discussion in Alicia's thread a long time ago
I know and looks like I did it anyway, sorry

Quote:
I consider the time from A/W break up and up untill now already included in the time Alicia needs to figure things out and being on her own.
Hehe I don't think time is the issue here, just having the timeline move forward without seeing any change from her, any move towards finding herself, is not enough. Just like the absence of A/K interaction was not a way to deal with the problem. Not really sure why they do those things sometimes.

Quote:
Not at all! They are both grown-ups, Will knows it started with an hour, he is aware of her background and imo, he gave her what she needed in that moment: felt desired.
I never said he wasn't aware of it. I still feel like they should have put some time into it instead of jumping into it for the sake of finale hype. It was a mistake in the planning/writing of the storyline. Will deserves better as a character.

Quote:
Her behavior under certain circumstances, beyond words, says she might be.
I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not opposed to the idea, I just haven't seen any evidence, and I don't mean big ILY declarations
If you have any example to give me, I'll be happy to change my mind about it.

Quote:
I don’t understand why you believe her words as truth regarding her feelings towards Will (she never hesitate when saying she is not in love) but you don’t think that her family or children was the reason to end the affair when she said it was too much after freaking out about Grace. Isn’t this contradictory?
I don't mind discussing this at all. I hope nobody's offended by my opinions but I like a good debate
I don't see how that's contradictory really. For one, she didn't say her family were the reason she was breaking up with Will. I know that's what a lot of people heard but she didn't say it. However she did say, unprompted and without hesitation, she wasn't in love with Will. I think there was nothing ambiguous about Julianna's acting there. Again, I'm not saying she doesn't care about Will. Love him even. But she's a grown up talking to her brother, the kids are not here, I don't see why she would lie. And if she was in love, she'd know. That's not something you can wonder about. Either you are, or you aren't.

Quote:
But if he wants a family (there have been some hints pointing at him looking for it)
I don't think he wants a family. I think he wants something more than work. It's a terrible reason to have a family, imo, and I think that's what Kalinda was pointing out to him. I think he was ready to try her family on for size if things got serious with Alicia but I don't think he is actively looking for the traditional lifestyle.

Quote:
Imo, they need to sit down and have a talk, decide to move on, be only friends or try it seriously, but before they need to figure out what they want, individually.
I agree with that. Although it's easier said than done. They have never had a very serious talk as far as we know and I'm sure Will wouldn't want to look like he's issuing ultimatums. She broke up with him. Now he's giving her space. It's what you do when you love someone.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 02-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know and looks like I did it anyway, sorry
What ? No, you don't have to be sorry

Quote:
I don't think he wants a family.
I do think he wants. He said that when he saw Alicia with Grace, he could do that.

About the all Alicia/loves Will-Alicia/doesn't love Will discussion, the only thing I am going to say is that, first of all, words lie but actions doesn't, they speak louder. Alicia's actions show me that she loves Will but that's me

Old 02-16-2012, 05:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
About the all Alicia/loves Will-Alicia/doesn't love Will discussion, the only thing I am going to say is that, first of all, words lie but actions doesn't, they speak louder. Alicia's actions show me that she loves Will but that's me
For me too
Old 02-16-2012, 06:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I agree.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:12 AM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Quote:
What ? No, you don't have to be sorry
Oh is this discussion like a déjà vu for you all?

Quote:
I consider the time from A/W break up and up untill now already included in the time Alicia needs to figure things out and being on her own
I like your honesty!

Quote:
I don't mind discussing this at all. I hope nobody's offended by my opinions but I like a good debate
Thank you Hope nobody's offended by mine either.

Quote:
I still feel like they should have put some time into it instead of jumping into it for the sake of finale hype. It was a mistake in the planning/writing of the storyline.
I think it was a good introduction for the next season, showing how different Will and Alicia see the possibility of a relationship, but also how great sex was.

Quote:
I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not opposed to the idea, I just haven't seen any evidence, and I don't mean big ILY declarations
I’m not concluding or saying anything from your words, I’m just giving my two cents based on your words and what I think.

Quote:
If you have any example to give me, I'll be happy to change my mind about it.
I’m not sure she is in love either, but I do think she has some symptoms - What reason did she have for rushing off from the FBI chamber when she heard the tape just to check her VM? - What was the reason for asking what he said almost a year before in a VM when he was in a relationship with another woman and looking happy? Is it possible to be jealous if she isn’t in love with Will? I’m sure I’m leaving some hints, but just for a start, I would like to know what this is if not love.

Quote:
For one, she didn't say her family were the reason she was breaking up with Will
Well, she didn’t say she was angry with Kalinda for sleeping with her husband, but everything pointed in that direction. She was paranoid about a possible kidnap of her daughter and in the next scene she stopped the affair. How do you understand this scenario? Also, while talking with Owen in the bar, now that you mention this, she said she can’t be with Will because she is a mother. Again, I would like to hear other perspective about this.

Quote:
I think he was ready to try her family on for size if things got serious with Alicia but I don't think he is actively looking for the traditional lifestyle.
What is the traditional lifestyle? Family can be your couple and nothing else, imo. He wants commitment and something more than work, if this doesn’t mean a family what does this mean?

Quote:
She broke up with him. Now he's giving her space. It's what you do when you love someone
Totally agree, but he also loves himself, and I believe he should tell her what he wants or what he feels at some point, it is healthier for both, imo

Old 02-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

It has been a month since we opened this thread Can we kill it before next episode ?

Old 02-16-2012, 09:22 AM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It has been a month since we opened this thread Can we kill it before next episode?
It has been almost a month since we had the last episode, I think we did pretty good