Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limbo bimbo (View Post)
Do you think Alicia will come back to her senses anytime soon? I hope she will stop hiding behind her children and break with her stasis. As much as I like Alicia, I think she's regressed . We've been promised at the beginning of this season a fierce woman who knows what she wants and she has reverted to being a 1950s role model wallowing in guilt and self-mortification.
Yeah you're right it's not that their children are little kids. Zach is not a virgin anymore and Grace met this guy online who baptized her. So, wtf Poor Will, I am so sorry for him, he is committed to this relationship now but Alicia isn't.
And it's not that she is being ****ty or anyting. Their father had sex with prostitues and she can't be in a relationship with a great guy ? Wth

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 02-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Poor Will, I am so sorry for him, he is committed to this relationship now but Alicia isn't.
And it's not that she is being ****ty or anyting. Their father had sex with prostitues and she can't be in a relationship with a great guy ? Wth
I agree. Alicia needs to take this step and really finalize her divorce with Peter. She deserves to be happy and Will makes her happy and HE LOOOVES HER for god sakes. As a mother, of course she will put her children first and there is nothing wrong with that. But now she needs to do what she wants♥
Old 02-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We've been promised at the beginning of this season a fierce woman who knows what she wants and she has reverted to being a 1950s role model wallowing in guilt and self-mortification.
But is it what it is though? I don't see it that way at all. She needed something, to have someone who cared for her, who she cared for. Now she needs to find herself.
I think her guilt over losing touch with her kids (which is real) has nothing to do with Will and their relationship.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 02-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

I think she´s afraid to stop being the good wife. It´s normal to make that change, because she always has followed the same role. What she has to do is to stop feeling guilty about be a woman.

She started being a lawyer, having a job. Now she has to start with herself, being a free woman
Old 02-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
. Now she needs to find herself.
Yeah but hasn't she been trying to find herself since season 1, aka, the beginning of the show ? Ending his marrige with Peter is a good start, I mean, what's the point in keeping with a fake marrige ? First of all, Peter doesn't deserve anything. And then, the Republicans are going to publish it anyway, so again, what is the point ?

Quote:
I think her guilt over losing touch with her kids (which is real) has nothing to do with Will and their relationship.
Well, tell her that

Quote:
HE LOOOVES HER for god sakes
Agreed. And she loves him too. I don't care what everyone says, she is in love with him too, deal with it.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
Ending his marrige with Peter is a good start, I mean, what's the point in keeping with a fake marrige ? First of all, Peter doesn't deserve anything. And then, the Republicans are going to publish it anyway, so again, what is the point ?
God I cannot wait until we see this separation being finalized. She doesn't owe Peter anything and doesn't have to help him at all. She does it owe it to herself to be happy though.

Quote:
Agreed. And she loves him too. I don't care what everyone says, she is in love with him too, deal with it.
nope I agree. She just hasn't admitted it to herself yet.

Last edited by redrose13; 02-11-2012 at 09:13 PM
Old 02-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
God I cannot wait until we see this separation being finalized. She doesn't owe Peter anything and doesn't have to help him at all. She does it owe it to herself to be happy though.
yes, yes and yes ! She obviously can't move one if she doesn't get divorced. I am not just talking about her relationship with Will but about her life.

Quote:
nope I agree. She just hasn't admitted it to herself yet.
yeah, self-denial

Old 02-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She started being a lawyer, having a job. Now she has to start with herself, being a free woman
I totally agree.

Quote:
Ending his marrige with Peter is a good start, I mean, what's the point in keeping with a fake marrige ?
it's funny because I'm talking about Alicia finding herself and that has nothing to do with who she's sleeping with or stays married to or not for me.

Quote:
I don't care what everyone says
Including Alicia of course

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 02-12-2012, 12:54 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
God I cannot wait until we see this separation being finalized.
Me too. But as much as I want to see her with Will, I wouldn't mind seeing her taking some time alone. Divorced from Peter and not in a relationship. She should have done that in the first place, and not rushing anything with Will.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:16 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
She should have done that in the first place, and not rushing anything with Will.
I agree. It would have been better for everyone involved. It was clear from the start that in Alicia's current situation her relationship with Will couldn't last. They are both in different places.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:11 AM
LGC
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzoka (View Post)
Me too. But as much as I want to see her with Will, I wouldn't mind seeing her taking some time alone. Divorced from Peter and not in a relationship. She should have done that in the first place, and not rushing anything with Will.
It was intented to be a one hour moment with Will. Imo, she extended that time to some months because she obviously liked the sex with someone she cares for and viceversa. Will, on the other hand, has not changed his feelings at all, he was in love with her before the months they spent together.

Beyond Alicia being in love with him or not, if she spends some time alone, I'm wondering if Will is going to wait for her

Quote:
It was clear from the start that in Alicia's current situation her relationship with Will couldn't last.
I think this was intentional from the beginning of this season and clear from almost every interaction they had during S3

Quote:
And she loves him too. I don't care what everyone says, she is in love with him too, deal with it.
I don't know if she is in love with him or not, but even if she is, she has to acknoweldge this first and then change a lot in her life, and I believe this changes are giant steps for her (including him in her daily life, her children, separation from Peter, leave L&G?).

Only the good ones leave early, I will miss you Caloi
Old 02-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
it's funny because I'm talking about Alicia finding herself and that has nothing to do with who she's sleeping with or stays married to or not for me.
Yeah but how are you supposed to move on and find yourself if you are tied to this fake marrige with the guy who hurt you more than once and one of the people you care about the most ? So again, getting divorced will be a good start.
And if you think that finding herself has nothing to do with who she's sleeping with then why she can't have a relationship with Will while she finds herself ? Ofc I don't agree, I think it's better to stay alone to find yourself.

Quote:
Including Alicia of course
Have you heard about self-denial ? And as Em said, Alicia is in love with Will, but she doesn't feel allow to live such a love.

But imo, she needs to spend some time alone before starting something serious.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm suffering some serious A/W withdrawal. I wish I was warned before I started watching TGW how difficult it is not to see A/W on my screen every week.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlpnlp (View Post)
I'm suffering some serious A/W withdrawal. I wish I was warned before I started watching TGW how difficult it is not to see A/W on my screen every week.
Welcome to the club

Quote:
Alicia is in love with Will, but she doesn't feel allow to live such a love.
But imo, she needs to spend some time alone before starting something serious.
Yeap

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGC (View Post)
Beyond Alicia being in love with him or not, if she spends some time alone, I'm wondering if Will is going to wait for her
I hope he will.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Alicia desperately needs to figure some stuff out and she can't do that attached to either guy IMO. That truly matters, she needs to be by herself for a while.