Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

I understand you all, and in RL this sure is true.
But this is a TV show, and if I spend my spare time watching TV I want to enjoy this time. And I guess the show came to a point where I definitly can't enjoy watching it anymore.

As Srta_Parker said, I don't like Alicia's Character anymore, and I can't start to like her again.
So maybe that's why I don't want her to move on, I don't want her to have someone new.
She could have had Will be she choosed to break his heart (more than one time) and stay with her cheating *** (insert any bad word you like ;-) ) of a husband.
And not only that, she betrayed him, stabbed him in the back, the man who not only deeply loved her, who also had been her friend for a long time.

Doing all this was her free will, noe one was blackmailing her or anything. And all those things she did just made me strongly dislike her.

I am not sure if I am able to write donwn exactly what I mean, since English is not my first language, and sometimes it seems to me, that I cannot find the right words.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Just watched the episode, and honestly, I hated it too. Hearing JC's voice was emotional but the weird stand in actor that you could clearly tell wasn't him was very weird.
but in general, I disliked this episode to much. I think it was a good decision to stop watching this season. looks like no one is enjoying it
Old 03-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Loyal Fan

okay don't know how to start but I'll try

@ newgirl I think I understand what you want to say and I can feel with you.

@ sabrinaberetta and Mrs Jude Law Of course it's alright to move on and to be happy again and it's for sure that you'll never forget , that's how it is in real life and that's how it is in many other series BUT in my opinion the biggest problem with Will's death is that the producers and writers didn't handle it right.

It's not only that Will is dead it's what they did after his death. He died , Alicia and the others were sad for 2 episodes ? and after it everything was "alright". Don't get me wrong. I ( and I think a lot of other people too ) don't wanted 100 episodes of tears and sadness or drama. What I only wanted to see was an Alicia who would be honest to herself, who said that she loved him, that she miss him, only some honest words from the bottom of her heart in a nice talk with Owen or with her mother or with anybody else. She only said to Owen that she didn't want to cry anymore but that's what we wanted to see a real farewell, a real Alicia who tries to deal with it without displacing it. I just wanted her to be all by herself just for this season. No new love ( what's about this new clip ? really ? Alicia with sex dreams ? 3 different guys ? oh please ) just Alicia. What would be wrong to show us an independent woman who tries to find her way ?

For all the Will fans this was really cruel. Not only that he died , he also seemed to be worthless. To make it short we never had a real goodbye . Not the fans and not Alicia. ( and I'm not talking about the way he died that could happen in real life too , you don't always have the chance to say what you want to say , I'm just talking about the whole story after it ) You know what I want to say ?

With it I think I could handle his dead much better. I still would miss him and I still think that the show isn't the same anymore without him but I would be fine and I wouldn't hate this plot and the new Alicia so much.

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble

Last edited by Finity; 03-09-2015 at 11:35 AM
Old 03-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Absolute Fan

I miss Will.

Season 5 was incredible and this season I'm just left wandering what am i rooting for ..... there is just nothing. If this Alicia/Johhny thing happens just wtf. There's no emotion there there's nothing.

Alicia's better than that, she never risked it for love so now way just for lust. It's kind of a slap in the face.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
she is realizing just how much the race for SA has changed her and for most of the time that Will knew her, he thought of her as someone thorougly good and fair and honest and those are the qualities that Alicia realizes won't necessarily help her succeed as SA, in a position of power that entails difficult and hard decisions at times.
But if she has to become Peter to be the SA, then I say **** the whole thing. I mean... with the way the show started and the way it's going, I don't know what to think about the way Alicia is evolving.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Fuuuu them tbh!!!! This is a slap in the face for Will fans and Will/Alicia shippers. I didn't even watch the whole episode just the important parts...If they couldn't get Josh WTF don't get a correct double...Is not even Will hair style for fs...

I know people are like "Alicia has to move on with her life", but like other people say Will died and Alicia was sad for like 2 episodes only then she was a little sad for 2 other episodes. But that was it!!!
THIS IS NOT THE CLOSER I WANTED!!!! For the Kings ofc this is perfect...oh yeah put a double of Will and made this so they can finally shut up...and the good bye part. Is done we will never get any other Will reference ever again!!! AND THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED!!!!

And what now she is going to have sex with either a dude she knows about 5 months ago or a guy who only knows about a year ago, when she spend 2 YEARS (and she knew WILL SINCE AGES AGO) trying to see if she was going to have sex with Will.

My heart is broken cos now I realize she just use him and never loved him like he did and that my fav character never got a happy end. Will was never loved, the one he loved never loved him back really and he die alone

I'm angry and sad...I just want Kalinda out so I could stop actually reading news about the show.

Grissom and Cath allways my OTP coz she is THE WIFE FOREVER!!
[Avatar: missbuterfly
Old 03-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm angry and sad...I just want Kalinda out so I could stop actually reading news about the show.
I get the feeling. It's like everything that the show was is no more and as if they took great pleasure in killing it over and over while making us believe we're going to get what we want.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I get the feeling. It's like everything that the show was is no more and as if they took great pleasure in killing it over and over while making us believe we're going to get what we want.
Exactly that is how i feel!
Old 03-10-2015, 04:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Right , they tried to make it better for us but they just made it much worser and I really thought that was not possible. They did the balcony scene ....

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 03-10-2015, 05:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finity (View Post)
Right , they tried to make it better for us but they just made it much worser and I really thought that was not possible.
I fell, like the Kings never really cared about Will/Alicia, as well as they never cared abeout Kalinda/Alicia.

I still don't understand the fact that A. was able to forgive her husband all the cheating, and was willing to renew their vows, but she couldn't forget Kalinda, who didn't even knoe her, the time she slept with Peter.

These are just characters I don't get.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

@newgirl: If you ever feel like talking about how you feel, do feel free to message me (auf Deutsch). We might not agree on everything, but I'm a good listener and I like discussing fandom stuff and well, we 'share' a language.

@SrtParker: (I was overcome by Tibette this winter and did a massive re-watch of my favorite episodes.)

@Gelfling: I don't think she is going to turn into Peter or the person politics has turned Peter into. I do believe, though, that Alicia is learning to steel herself in a way that she hadn't before, in a professional way.

More, later, but I'm going to be discharged - hopefully - within the hour, so I need to get as ready as I can w/o further assistance.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

That's nice of you, thanks.

I am afraid I complained a lot about TGW. I hope I didn't offend anyone who still loves it.
It's just that I really liked the beginning of the show, and I really loves Will's character.
I don't know if I'd dislike this season that much, if I had never seen the previous seasons.

I have to admit I am a happy-ending perspon, and I'll always think Will deserved better thn being shot in court, dying, without ever finding out if Alicia loved him at all.

And now, I will stop complaining, or at least try, I promiss
Old 03-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Hearing JC's voice was emotional but the weird stand in actor that you could clearly tell wasn't him was very weird.
That stand in was so dodgy I couldn't take any of those scenes seriously. It wasn't a fitting send off for Will IMO. They should have left the already botched story alone.

Quote:
I still don't understand the fact that A. was able to forgive her husband all the cheating, and was willing to renew their vows, but she couldn't forget Kalinda, who didn't even knoe her, the time she slept with Peter.
The worst part of this for me is how they still portray Alicia obsessing over Peter and Kalinda, when there has been so much water under the bridge. I just don't buy that this is still such an issue for her. Peter moved on- albeit to other women, we've lost Kalinda, do they really need to retread it all?

A whole episode that could have said so much about the Alicia character, and instead to me had the feeling of a clip show, but with 'new' scenes about the same old things.

Sorry- I guess it is clear I was also not a fan of the episode!
Old 03-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I fell, like the Kings never really cared about Will/Alicia, as well as they never cared abeout Kalinda/Alicia.
What do they care about then? And why make us care about them if it was just a pain in their side as they seem very fond of reminding us in every interview?

Quote:
I don't think it was ever meant to make sense, that's the problem. They had something going on and they were trying to make the audience take sides against Kalinda

Quote:
I don't think she is going to turn into Peter or the person politics has turned Peter into. I do believe, though, that Alicia is learning to steel herself in a way that she hadn't before, in a professional way.
In last week's episode, she came really close to throwing all her principles out the window for money. What's the point of running if you're going to corrupt yourself to win?

Old 03-11-2015, 12:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
What do they care about then? And why make us care about them if it was just a pain in their side as they seem very fond of reminding us in every interview?
Honestly, I don't know.
In my opinion if you write stories (which I do) you care about your characters.
That's why I don't understand what the Kings are doing, or where they are heading. IMO they were able to ruin every character they created, or just cut off his/her screen time. Except fot Peter, he's the same scummball he'd always been, and Eli. Maybe they are planning to to a Peter/Eli spin off

Quote:
I don't think it was ever meant to make sense, that's the problem. They had something going on and they were trying to make the audience take sides against Kalinda
That sounds very possible to me.

Quote:
In last week's episode, she came really close to throwing all her principles out the window for money. What's the point of running if you're going to corrupt yourself to win?
I don't know if she was throwing out her priciples, but she made a great deal justifying herself/her lie with "the greater good", which I thought was very very lame. Especially her line to Prady "Than I don't think you should win"..

I was like OMG, what a crap

For me it seems like with the Kings or JM or whoever not linking Kalinda, and trying the audiance to feel the same way, and later with JC wanting to leave the show, there had been only two options, ending the show, or remodeling it.
The Kings have choosen the second, and IMO they did a terrible job.
It's like they went: "Never mind who the characters have been befor, or what the audiance like, let's create a lot of drama and change, maybe kill somebody off, that always works with Grey's anatomy!"

IMO it would have been better to end the show, with a really good last season, and a propper ending for Will/Alicia.

I still can't get over this ridiculous stand in actor! What were they thinking?