Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-06-2015, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, good! then she'd be tortured for a while and go to him at the end of S7. Hell, it could even happen off screen but at least Will would be alive somewhere and happy.
One of the things I definitely did not want for AW back then was to remain apart the whole show and then get back together in the season finale Will and Alicia getting serious was never explored, like her introducing him to the kids and stuff, that's what I wanted

All we can root for right now is a flashback fml

Quote:
got Alicia to run for office, which was JM's idea
I hate this plot so much and I haven't even started S6. First of all, Alicia backstabbed Will and joined Cary in a new firm so then she could run for SA less than a year later... Like it was supposed to be the major plot twist of the show and her big life choice and then she chooses politics?

Secondly, Alicia always seemed pretty annoyed everytime she had to speak to the press or anything related to politics and blah blah. She hated being on the spotlight but now she doesn't?

Quote:
Maybe after some time it would make sense that she would want to follow or that he would want to come back but hey the Kings write the story not the fans ( like we know) and if we want to talk about "realistic stuff" there are a lot of stories or plots in this series where I think this is not right , so to come to an end , this would just be another point of this list and it wouldn't be that heartbreaking like Will being dead.
Killing Will was the easy choice so they wouldn't have to think what to do with Will off screen.

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 03-06-2015, 04:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
Killing Will was the easy choice so they wouldn't have to think what to do with Will off screen.
Killing Will got the Kings/the show a lot of attention at least. Like everybody was talking about it. A big shock moment.

I think it was a cheap move, and it felt like the Kings were laughing into the fans faces...

I don't like the S.A. plot either. Alicia always hated politics, so why doing them themselfs.

And, as you pointed out, why do all the ffort to betray Will, steal is clients, start her own firm with Cary, just to leav it shortly after....

Anyhow, IMO there is not much left of her original character.
The show became to much about plot twists, than anything else.
And there are so many plotholes (I hope that's a word in Englisch).
Sometimes it feels like the Kings don't remember which and how many storylines they started...
Old 03-06-2015, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh well, the Kings say a lot of things... ;-)
they do, don't they? So now we also know that RK is a pathological liar on top of a sadist. Nice.

Quote:
One of the things I definitely did not want for AW back then was to remain apart the whole show and then get back together in the season finale
Well sure but your beef is with Josh for leaving :p
I'm talking about possible scenarios they could have ran *knowing* that he was leaving and there was nothing they could so.
Sure they could have used the 15 extra episodes he gave them doing *something* with A/W instead of the stupid cold war thing

Quote:
I hate this plot so much and I haven't even started S6. First of all, Alicia backstabbed Will and joined Cary in a new firm so then she could run for SA less than a year later... Like it was supposed to be the major plot twist of the show and her big life choice and then she chooses politics?
Well, JM is the one calling the shots, obviously, and she didn't want the Alicia-Cary partnership to last, she wanted Alicia to be someone else basically

Quote:
Secondly, Alicia always seemed pretty annoyed everytime she had to speak to the press or anything related to politics and blah blah. She hated being on the spotlight but now she doesn't?
Yeah this storyline makes no sense. I'm all for character evolution and development but it has to feel organic.
Kalinda and Will helped her get out of her shell in s1 and s2 (she repaid them nicely ) and then all of a sudden, she's like Hilary on Crack?

Quote:
Killing Will got the Kings/the show a lot of attention at least. Like everybody was talking about it. A big shock moment.
and they even used it as an argument later for awards. Oh look we were one of the most talked about show this season on twitter or something which they weren't! (not with the season GoT, Breaking Bad and TWD had, and the following they have, sorry RK) so it was purely for shock value but I think Euge is also right, it was the easy way out.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
One of the things I definitely did not want for AW back then was to remain apart the whole show and then get back together in the season finale
Oh I'm not so sure. I mean I understand what you want to say I had another end in my mind too but if I could choose between " Will dead" or " Will and Alicia back together in the end " I would definitly take the second one

Quote:
Well, good! then she'd be tortured for a while and go to him at the end of S7. Hell, it could even happen off screen but at least Will would be alive somewhere and happy.
@ gelfing Nice idea This would have been an easy way to solve the "Will problem" without dying. Maybe you had better joined the Kings

Quote:
amen to this I really can't understand this decison and this is one reason why I wish that season 7 is the last one. I never ever before wished that a series will end but in this case I really hope that this will end soon. Like somebody said before all the characters changed, the relationships changed , people aren't there anymore, there is nothing left what makes this show so great like in the beginning and this is not only because of Will's dead. I'm not against change or development but it has to fit or at least it has to make sense. Other shows did this before and they did it great.

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 03-07-2015, 11:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sure they could have used the 15 extra episodes he gave them doing *something* with A/W instead of the stupid cold war thing
The worst thing is, I was enjoying S5 because I thought that in the end, they were using all that "hate" to bring them back together. Silly me.

Quote:
Kalinda and Will helped her get out of her shell in s1 and s2 (she repaid them nicely )
I loved A/W/K so much

Quote:
and then all of a sudden, she's like Hilary on Crack?

Quote:
but if I could choose between " Will dead" or " Will and Alicia back together in the end " I would definitly take the second one
Yeah of course

Quote:
Yep. I am actually surprised they kept the secret so well.

Quote:
I never ever before wished that a series will end but in this case I really hope that this will end soon.
Before Will's death I couldn't even imagine the series finale, I didn't think I could live without this show but tgw ended for me the moment Will died.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
...but tgw ended for me the moment Will died.
I feel the same way!
Old 03-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
The worst thing is, I was enjoying S5 because I thought that in the end, they were using all that "hate" to bring them back together. Silly me.
Don't blame yourself, you weren't the only one I thought that , too

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 03-08-2015, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finity (View Post)
Don't blame yourself, you weren't the only one I thought that , too
They completely led us to believe they were getting back together in all the interviews Jules and the Kings did, I am so mad That was low.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

WILL'S VOICE

You guys, I heard there was a scene will Alicia imagining Will in this episode. A moment where Alicia thought she saw him.

She said I MISS YOU WILL

Last edited by redrose13; 03-09-2015 at 11:11 AM
Old 03-09-2015, 03:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just finished watching 4x16, and I have to say I hated it.
To me it was the worst episode since the one where they killed off poor Will.

At the and, when she looked at that campaign guy, and then said good bye to the fake Will (couldn't they find anyone who lookes at least a little like himm?), I wanted to scream at my TV.

So she over Will now, and looking forward to slepp with that guy?
I think I am finaly done with that show.
I was only watching to catch up on Diane, Cary and Kalina, but they barely are on screen anymore. everything is just about A. and her campaign. Honestly, I have to go with Rhett Butler on this: I don't give a damn

sorry, if I sund harsch, but I am just so amd about what the Kings have done to the show and the charackters.
I used to love TGW, and now I just thinks I wasted 45 Minutes of my live to that crap.

Like someone said, this show died with Will.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

I think there is a difference between mourning a loss and pining for someone. Anyone who's ever lost someone will recognize what I'm talking about. Alicia's goodbye to Will wasn't her stating that she was over him, but that she was over pining for him, pining for the the chance she'll never get. That is a step forward, it is a good thing. Alicia will mourn his death - the loss of him - for the rest of her life. She'll carry it with her forever. Nothing is going to change that, BUT she made a conscious decision to live again, live life after Will and I am glad about that. I am glad, because I know what it feels like.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Jude Law (View Post)
I think there is a difference between mourning a loss and pining for someone. Anyone who's ever lost someone will recognize what I'm talking about. Alicia's goodbye to Will wasn't her stating that she was over him, but that she was over pining for him, pining for the the chance she'll never get. That is a step forward, it is a good thing. Alicia will mourn his death - the loss of him - for the rest of her life. She'll carry it with her forever. Nothing is going to change that, BUT she made a conscious decision to live again, live life after Will and I am glad about that. I am glad, because I know what it feels like.
I am sure you are completley right with this.
But it's a TV show, and I am not over Alicia betrayal yet, so I don't want to be over Will in any kind.
I guess it's just me, being angry how the whole story turned out.
If it was a book, I guess I'd have stoped reading after Will's death.
He was the main charackter, the main reason for watching for me. I could never really identify myself with Alicia. I think I am pretty different from her.
I would never hav fogiven Peter in the first place, after he cheated on her.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:05 AM
Ultimate Fan

Don't get me wrong, I am not in any shape or form over Will's death. I loved him, loved the complexity of his character - hell, I wrote a story in which he had a kid with Alicia, because I wanted something essential and good come from that relationship. I miss him, a lot actually, but the show still holds an insane amount of appeal to me and I really like where the show has been heading since his death (That is a personal opinion and I have no intention to change your mind).

Another thought completely, but what if her saying goodbye was more about the person Alicia was to Will. Alicia is at a crossroad and she is realizing just how much the race for SA has changed her and for most of the time that Will knew her, he thought of her as someone thorougly good and fair and honest and those are the qualities that Alicia realizes won't necessarily help her succeed as SA, in a position of power that entails difficult and hard decisions at times.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

I have to admit that they were the reason I watched the show so after his death I haven´t got any reaon reason to keep watching.

Nevertheless, at first they weren´t the only reason. The first two seasons are the best seasons of a show for me but after it I don´t know, I think I get bored in season 3 and 4. So they were the only thing that kept me watching it. But now without him I don´t have any.

I think one of the problems for me to keep watching is that in season 3 and 4 and 5 also they made me dislike Alicia´s character. And I can´t love her back, sorry.

On another subject. Mrs Jude Law I love your avi. Tibette
Old 03-09-2015, 08:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Jude Law (View Post)
Replying quoting all your post because that's exactly how I felt it. You never really move on when you lose someone but a moment comes when eventually you realize that living in the past for the rest of your life is pointless. I saw it myself, people losing their loved ones and starting a new life with someone else. They don't forget. They never do. But they still have a life to live and it would be unfair to them to have to live it alone just because fate hit them hard.