Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-03-2015, 03:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi, I haven't been here for a long time.

Main reason was that I still miss Will on that show, and coming here reminded me too much of better times.
Second reason was, that I was "kicked out" or my permanent loging, and I couldn't figure out my PW for quite some time *shame on me*

Even if I sweared I won't watch this season, I started to do so anyway, after like the fith episode was aired.

I can still hardly look at alica, and I have to admit, I never started to like her again, since she betrayed Will.

Sometimes I come to a point where I almost enjoy this show, or at least parts of it, but then I emediatly think of Will, and how they killed of this great charackter.
I think if I'd never seen any of the episodes bevor Will's death, I could find some joy in TGW. But so, I'm always remerbered how great this show had been, and how the started ruining everything, finalising in Will's death.

What makes me angry the most, is, that I cannot watch old apisodes and enjoy how great Josh always played Will, and who I loved this charackter. Cause I always have to think about how that stupid plot twist dragged down the complete story (for me).

I do not care for Alicia at all. I don't care if she's going to be S.A., or not.
The moment she is starting to have an affair with this campaign manager of hers, will definitly the last moment I ever spent watching this show.

I don't know how most people who are watching TGW think about the show now. Does it concern most of them, that Will is gone, and how?
Does anyone her knows that?

I still wish the'd have made him find someone else, get married and lived happily ever after, and left Alicia behind, jelous and misrable forever. (Sorry for beeing mean, but I am a very loyal person, and I can't get over what she'd done to the person who cared for her and loved her soooo much!)
Old 03-03-2015, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hi, I haven't been here for a long time.
hey

Quote:
Main reason was that I still miss Will on that show, and coming here reminded me too much of better times.
I know, right?

Quote:
Second reason was, that I was "kicked out" or my permanent loging, and I couldn't figure out my PW for quite some time *shame on me*
heh that happened to me several times
Quote:
Even if I sweared I won't watch this season, I started to do so anyway, after like the fith episode was aired.
It's hard to stay away, isn't it? Even if you know you won't like it, you just have to see what's going on. It's like breaking up with someone you used to date and going to work every day with them. You don't want to know if they're dating again but you have to ask.

Quote:
I can still hardly look at alica, and I have to admit, I never started to like her again, since she betrayed Will.
I haven't had a lot of love for Alicia since season 2 but I must say that was a very bad move from the writers.

Quote:
I think if I'd never seen any of the episodes bevor Will's death, I could find some joy in TGW. But so, I'm always remerbered how great this show had been, and how the started ruining everything, finalising in Will's death.
there's always this perspective that makes everything very dark.

Quote:
What makes me angry the most, is, that I cannot watch old apisodes and enjoy how great Josh always played Will, and who I loved this charackter. Cause I always have to think about how that stupid plot twist dragged down the complete story (for me).
It's not just you, believe me. And the worst part is that it was so gratuitous! They just did it to get the media and people talking.

Quote:
I do not care for Alicia at all. I don't care if she's going to be S.A., or not.
The moment she is starting to have an affair with this campaign manager of hers, will definitly the last moment I ever spent watching this show.
I'm very sure they could have had her without a love interest until the end of the show next season. But no, they just had to go ahead and "replace" Will with just anyone.

Quote:
I don't know how most people who are watching TGW think about the show now. Does it concern most of them, that Will is gone, and how?
Does anyone her knows that?
I believe the vast majority of the audience (the ones who are considered for "ratings") don't really care about characters. They probably keep tuning in out habit and call Alicia "that politician lady" and Kalinda "the investigator" and I don't think they are as invested as we are or the ratings would have suffered.

Quote:
I still wish the'd have made him find someone else, get married and lived happily ever after, and left Alicia behind, jelous and misrable forever.
that would have been my favorite exit! Sorry, shippers
Seriously though, if they were going to destroy it anyway, at least Will would have left a happy man.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-04-2015, 05:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Seriously though, if they were going to destroy it anyway, at least Will would have left a happy man.
It's so great to hear, that I am not the only one :-)
I will try to post here more frequently, to help save the board.
I think Will deserves this ;-)

I have read that season 5 will be the last season of TGW - is that true?
Old 03-04-2015, 05:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Before ending dead I would prefer this ending too
Old 03-04-2015, 08:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I don't think that this is against the shippers If he exit the show there can be no "shipper end"

But of course you're all right, it was just for public. Josh said that they had done it because there would have never be an end , if Will had just left and that everybody would wanted him to come back and that it wouldn't be realistic that he wouldn't had any contact with Alicia anymore or something like this. Of course we would have want him to come back , but we want him back right now , too , even though he is dead. That makes no sense. I could imagine thousand things they could have write , withouth Josh coming back for one episode, but still like he would have contact with Alicia or Diane and everybody would be a little happier about this.
But no ... they didn't want that for us.....

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 03-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I am sticking with death

My great tragedy with all the tv shows I watch is that usually otp > character for me. It sucks but I can't help it. And it's happening to me right now with Frank and Claire for example where while everyone is rooting for Claire I am rooting for the team (and I love her more than Frank).

As for Alicia I couldn't see her with someone else that is not Will. The same goes for him so yeah, death it is then

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 03-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't think that this is against the shippers If he exit the show there can be no "shipper end"
You're right but I was apologizing mostly because of the anti-Alicia sentiment. I know she's the lead and we are supposed to idolize her but at this point, it seems all she did is make everyone else around her unhappy, and especially people who were devoted to her like Will and Kalinda. I think she'd deserve a little Karma.

Quote:
I could imagine thousand things they could have write , withouth Josh coming back for one episode, but still like he would have contact with Alicia or Diane and everybody would be a little happier about this.
But no ... they didn't want that for us.....
Right. They wanted the drama and the pain. I'm really wondering if RK is a sadist who found a big group of masochists (us) to torture.

Quote:
I have read that season 5 will be the last season of TGW - is that true?
I think next season is supposed to be the last although nothing is official yet so season 7 is the end game.

Quote:
I will try to post here more frequently, to help save the board.
I think Will deserves this ;-)
thanks

Quote:
My great tragedy with all the tv shows I watch is that usually otp > character for me. It sucks but I can't help it. And it's happening to me right now with Frank and Claire for example where while everyone is rooting for Claire I am rooting for the team (and I love her more than Frank).
oh boy. You're bound to be disappointed. Sucks for you

Old 03-05-2015, 01:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think next season is supposed to be the last although nothing is official yet so season 7 is the end game.
Oh sorry I just saw my typo, I meant season 6 not 5 ...
If there will be a season 7 I am really not sure if I am going to watch it.
It's just, that I am asking myself "what for?".

After Alicias betrayal, Will was the reason I kept watching. Then they killed the poor guy off. I kept watching to see, if they don't dre to forget about him, but they did pretty soon IMO.

Then I started watching again to see what happend to Kalinda, Diana and Carey.
But now Kalinda is leaving, and Diane doesn't have much storyline anymore, and Carey too, since his trial is over.

It's all about Alicia, which is ok, since she's the lead, but also I just happen to not like her at all anymore.
The Kings did a pretty good job making her unlikable for me
I was mad at her avery time she was sad about Will's dead, 'cause I thought she has no right to mourn.

I don't want to offend anybody who still likes A. or the show, but for me TGW is a pretty good example how drastic plot twists can ruin a show.

For me it almost feels like if Louis Lane would have killed Clark/Superman and rode off to the sunset with Lex Luthor.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
You're right but I was apologizing mostly because of the anti-Alicia sentiment. I know she's the lead and we are supposed to idolize her but at this point, it seems all she did is make everyone else around her unhappy, and especially people who were devoted to her like Will and Kalinda. I think she'd deserve a little Karma.
But I think you're right . At the beginning I liked her a lot and all the new this series brought to us, but after some things ( like forgiven Peter 100 times and not allowed herself to be happy and of course the things you said ) I sometimes wanted to slap her or to scream at her, how she could be so stupid or so ignorant .

Quote:
Right. They wanted the drama and the pain. I'm really wondering if RK is a sadist who found a big group of masochists (us) to torture.
Sure he is

Quote:
After Alicias betrayal, Will was the reason I kept watching. Then they killed the poor guy off. I kept watching to see, if they don't dre to forget about him, but they did pretty soon IMO.
How funny this were exactly the reasons I watched it a little bit longer , too . I also think it was pretty soon by the way

Quote:
I was mad at her avery time she was sad about Will's dead, 'cause I thought she has no right to mourn.
I was not mad at her because she cried but sometimes I was sitting there and thought to myself ( with a little satisfaction) now she sees what she had lost and what she will never ever have again and that she will never know what he wanted to tell her on the phone and so on . It is kind of "the right penalty for her ". But I also want to say that I can understand that people still like her and that I don't hate her but I'm very angry about a lot of things.
Like after his death she wants a " open marriage " but when Will was alive it was not right ??? I just hate the fact that she now seems to understand everything and sees what we all saw the whole time. Oh and how can she not be sure that he loved her ? Will was the one who never ever heard the words .

Btw I like the Louis and Clark comparison

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble

Last edited by Finity; 03-05-2015 at 09:40 AM
Old 03-05-2015, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
oh boy. You're bound to be disappointed. Sucks for you
I am So from now on I am focusing on comedies because I usually don't ship people there. I started Arrested Development recently. I need happiness in my life

If Will would have left the city instead of dying I would be really mad at Alicia for not going after him tbh and Jules said there's no possible scenario where Will is alive somewhere else and Alicia is not wanting him even more

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 03-05-2015, 11:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
If Will would have left the city instead of dying I would be really mad at Alicia for not going after him tbh and Jules said there's no possible scenario where Will is alive somewhere else and Alicia is not wanting him even more
I read that too, but I, personally, don't care (anymore) what Alicia wants.
That would have made the version of Will being happily married to another woman so great for me.
Will happy, Alicia punished for what she did.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finity (View Post)
BOh and how can she not be sure that he loved her ? Will was the one who never ever heard the words .
Oh this is so true and so sad, poor Will :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finity (View Post)
Btw I like the Louis and Clark comparison
Thank you

Last edited by newgirl; 03-05-2015 at 12:25 PM
Old 03-05-2015, 12:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
I red this too and like I said Josh said this also. First I believed it but when you think about it it's not true . Of course we would ever want him to come back but at first Alicia wouldn't follow him . They had an argument , they start to behave friendly with each other nothing more. Without his dead she would still be with Peter and had learned nothing. Will could go to LA to lead LG there. Alicia would never follow him because of her children and maybe this distance would have worked for them. At least this was one of the reasons why Alicia did her own thing with Cary.

Maybe after some time it would make sense that she would want to follow or that he would want to come back but hey the Kings write the story not the fans ( like we know) and if we want to talk about "realistic stuff" there are a lot of stories or plots in this series where I think this is not right , so to come to an end , this would just be another point of this list and it wouldn't be that heartbreaking like Will being dead.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh sorry I just saw my typo, I meant season 6 not 5 ...
If there will be a season 7 I am really not sure if I am going to watch it.
It's just, that I am asking myself "what for?".
Well according to the Kings, they've known where they wanted to end it since the beginning, which is hilarious considering since then they:
- lost two actors in the show, both playing characters they said several times were "core relationships" with Alicia,
- got Alicia to run for office, which was JM's idea
- pretty much changed Alicia into a completely different person

Quote:
And it felt incomplete. Even when she was mourning, it was almost like it was for show. It was just an afterthought

Quote:
I don't want to offend anybody who still likes A. or the show, but for me TGW is a pretty good example how drastic plot twists can ruin a show.
I agree. It's plot driven and it should be a show about characters, but they are just devices in the plot twists.

Quote:
but after some things ( like forgiven Peter 100 times and not allowed herself to be happy and of course the things you said ) I sometimes wanted to slap her or to scream at her, how she could be so stupid or so ignorant .
Right?? and then she throw things like "it's not about marriage or the 50ies, it's about me"?! Well then, stand up for yourself!

Quote:
I am So from now on I am focusing on comedies because I usually don't ship people there. I started Arrested Development recently. I need happiness in my life
comedies are the answer. They don't usually kill characters brutally or break off relationships for drama and they try to stay happy

Quote:
Well, good! then she'd be tortured for a while and go to him at the end of S7. Hell, it could even happen off screen but at least Will would be alive somewhere and happy.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Well according to the Kings, they've known where they wanted to end it since the beginning, which is hilarious considering since then they:
- lost two actors in the show, both playing characters they said several times were "core relationships" with Alicia,
- got Alicia to run for office, which was JM's idea
- pretty much changed Alicia into a completely different person
Oh well, the Kings say a lot of things... ;-)