Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-16-2016, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

I thought I was but I just don't see it possible, at least for now. Maybe in a year or two

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 06-16-2016, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah me too. It's expensive and my travel budget is better spent elsewhere for now.

I'm bummed I missed CB in London for Follies though. I just couldn't make it. But I have recordings

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-16-2016, 06:09 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah me too. It's expensive and my travel budget is better spent elsewhere for now.

I'm bummed I missed CB in London for Follies though. I just couldn't make it. But I have recordings

Old 06-17-2016, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

And I missed her in Buenos Aires She was on vacation and it was impossible for me to look for her in this huge city, I didn't even know where to begin and it was SO hot but still...

Old 06-18-2016, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And I missed her in Buenos Aires She was on vacation and it was impossible for me to look for her in this huge city, I didn't even know where to begin and it was SO hot but still...
Yeah if she'd been to an event or something public, it would have been something else but randomly? Chances were slim.

Old 06-18-2016, 11:13 PM
Elite Fan

And right now I'm missing my chance to see Jessica Lange on Broadway. A TONY WORTHY PERFORMANCE. Being poor sucks.

Btw, Jessica Lange basically took a break from winning Emmys to win a Tony. What kind of life goals
Only a Grammy away from the EGOT. Quick, someone pay her to record an album!

Old 06-19-2016, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And right now I'm missing my chance to see Jessica Lange on Broadway. A TONY WORTHY PERFORMANCE. Being poor sucks.
Every performance from Jessica Lange is a Tony performance. And yeah it sucks, I know.

Quote:
Btw, Jessica Lange basically took a break from winning Emmys to win a Tony. What kind of life goals
Only a Grammy away from the EGOT. Quick, someone pay her to record an album!
Or she could be in a musical.

CB would be another one likely to get to the EGOT, I think, if she got the right parts.

And it's a pretty small club as it is. Well Lin Manuel Miranda is only missing the Oscar now (since the Pulitzer Prize doesn't count ) and he's doing music for the next Disney so he's getting closer

Old 06-19-2016, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Or she could be in a musical.
She did sing in AHS, too bad they didn't release a soundtrack
My favorite one was when she performed Lana del Rey's "Gods and Monsters"

Quote:
CB would be another one likely to get to the EGOT, I think, if she got the right parts.
CB and Hollywood... well basically Hollywood and middle-aged women

Maybe we can kill four (?) birds with one stone and have a musical (film) with Jessica Lange and Christine Baranski. They can both get an Oscar AND a Grammy for this

Anyone wants to pick up this project? I wonder how's that there are not people interesed in writing stuff for women like them. It would be my dream and honor to write for Lange or CB. Or maybe there are but Hollywood thinks people wouldn't want to watch it

Old 06-20-2016, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She did sing in AHS, too bad they didn't release a soundtrack
That's right! Well they probably wouldn't have made it to the Grammys

Quote:
CB and Hollywood... well basically Hollywood and middle-aged women
I think it's getting a little better thanks to cable. A lot of movie actresses that have been pushed aside by Hollywood are coming to tv, for amazing parts, and showing that they can still be popular, and going back to movies.

Quote:
Maybe we can kill four (?) birds with one stone and have a musical (film) with Jessica Lange and Christine Baranski. They can both get an Oscar AND a Grammy for this
OMG! Don't even joke about it! That would be brilliant!

Quote:
Anyone wants to pick up this project? I wonder how's that there are not people interesed in writing stuff for women like them.
Because most writers are white men who are only writing about what they know and that definitely leaves interesting women out... and because when women are hired to write stuff, it's only for stupid girly **** and that's way under these ladies? just a theory

Quote:
It would be my dream and honor to write for Lange or CB. Or maybe there are but Hollywood thinks people wouldn't want to watch it
Definitely. I read something last month and I couldn't believe it. They changed the villain in the last Iron Man movie from a woman to a man because "they thought an action figure of a male villain would sell better". seriously?? That's how they decide whether to have women in movies? If little boys are going to buy their toys?

The BS never ends

Old 06-21-2016, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

It still amazes me. Here "old" actresses are praised and it's an honor to see them in movies/tv. The same goes to european directors like Haneke or Almodóvar, they love working with women of all ages. It's just Hollywood. I hate them.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:57 AM
Extreme Fan

At least there are roles for them. Should we discuss the ageism Madonna and Kylie Minogue are getting?
Old 06-22-2016, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It still amazes me. Here "old" actresses are praised and it's an honor to see them in movies/tv. The same goes to european directors like Haneke or Almodóvar, they love working with women of all ages.
Here too. Although I'm sure they don't get their pick of parts the way they did when they were young but they get parts written for them *specifically*

Quote:
At least there are roles for them. Should we discuss the ageism Madonna and Kylie Minogue are getting?
I guess that goes double when you bank on your appearance so much and you're a musician

Old 06-22-2016, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It still amazes me. Here "old" actresses are praised and it's an honor to see them in movies/tv. The same goes to european directors like Haneke or Almodóvar, they love working with women of all ages.
Here too. Although I'm sure they don't get their pick of parts the way they did when they were young but they get parts written for them *specifically*

Quote:
I guess that goes double when you bank on your appearance so much and you're a musician

Old 06-23-2016, 01:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Most young actresses and musicians rely on appearance.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
You live there? I've always wanted to visit Buenos Aires.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.