Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

The Cowboy and The Lady {Diane & Kurt} #2- Because they don't need words to understand each other

Diane Lockhart & Kurt McVeigh
Appreciation Thread #2

MyzButterfly

Supporters List
01. Eternal Flame
02. Kiki17
03. autumnღfairytale
04. Det.Logan
05. crazy_diamond
06. Caribell
07. Brilliant Disguise
08. Full Throttle
09. carissinha
10. MyzButterfly
11. ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~
12. Gelfling
13. Miss GoodManners
14. *MaryMgo*
15. house_stacy
16. Pan

Reasons why we love them
'Cause he gave her a Sarah Palin book

Previous Threads
#1 - A perfect example of opposites attract!

Last edited by Miss GoodManners; 08-21-2010 at 04:05 PM
Old 07-01-2010, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

thanks Ellie for the new thread
Old 07-01-2010, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT
Old 07-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 07-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the New Thread Ellie!!

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

You're all welcome!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't get me wrong but I'm having an hard time picturing Kurt supporting Sarah Palin. Among all the republicans, I would have picked someone else.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

I would have picked someone else too, but there are actually people out there who genuinely like her. Or maybe he's just a legs man and liked the videos of Palin from when she was Miss Alaska or something!
Old 07-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Don't get me wrong but I'm having an hard time picturing Kurt supporting Sarah Palin. Among all the republicans, I would have picked someone else
I agree. As I was saying before, there are Republicans who just are people who have a different set of values than me but I respect them for their beliefs and I certainly think they have a right to them. There are various shades of conservative. Palin is an extremist and a joke.

I guess they used her because she's all the rage right now in Republicans circles (that they'd choose her as a standard bearer to rally voters for the midterms is distressing enough) and to show in one broad stroke that he was totally different from Diane (with the Hillary Clinton vs. Sarah Palin jokes).

I can understand and respect someone who is "pro-life" but posing next to Palin? Really?

Quote:
I would have picked someone else too, but there are actually people out there who genuinely like her.
I don't know. I have a few friends who are card-carrying Republicans (admittingly they are more moderate than Palin or we just wouldn't be able to talk politics) and they are not very happy that she seems to be representing the GOP. Most people I met who "like" her and support her are either very very conservative or just so totally anti-Obama that they are running to the extreme opposite.

Obviously I don't want to start a political debate here as things can get ugly but if anyone wants to give me their 2 cents, you can PM me. I don't mind chatting with people about this, especially people who disagree with me.

Last edited by Gelfling; 07-02-2010 at 10:38 AM
Old 07-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Obviously I don't want to start a political debate here as things can get ugly but if anyone wants to give me their 2 cents, you can PM me. I don't mind chatting with people about this, especially people who disagree with me.
You won't get one from me since I believe we are perfectly alligned
Old 07-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
You won't get one from me since I believe we are perfectly alligned
Alright. Laila has voted. Anyone else?

Going back to this again but I don't know how far they will be able to go with this relationship if they can't talk about issues like abortion without tossing words like 'baby killers" and "Leave it to Beaver mentality".
If he was economically conservative and Diane was merely a closeted liberal, ok but his opinions are very entranched and Diane is very active politically. I don't have a lot of hope for these two in the long run.
Let's hope for some more good scenes before they pull the plug.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I guess they used her because she's all the rage right now in Republicans circles (that they'd choose her as a standard bearer to rally voters for the midterms is distressing enough) and to show in one broad stroke that he was totally different from Diane (with the Hillary Clinton vs. Sarah Palin jokes).
Yes, I think that was the best way to show their differences. The whole Clinton VS Palin thing is something they can play with because they're both popular in the media. Moreover, let's say he was a McCain supporter or he supported someone else, I don't think we would have had such a strong reaction from Diane. She despises the Barracuda not only because she's Republican, but mostrly because she sees her as a woman who's trying to destroy everything she's been fighting for, she's not someone worthy of her respect, imo.

Quote:
Me neither. We share the same views.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She despises the Barracuda not only because she's Republican, but mostrly because she sees her as a woman who's trying to destroy everything she's been fighting for, she's not someone worthy of her respect, imo.
It's like she's the ultimate anti-feminist icon for Diane and maybe... just maybe, Kurt also put a little more pro-Palin enthusiasm as a front to needle Diane a little bit.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
just maybe, Kurt also put a little more pro-Palin enthusiasm as a front to needle Diane a little bit.
This could be. After all he framed the picture just for Diane and gave her Palin's bio because he knew she would have "enjoyed" that. It's not that we know so much about him and being pro-life doesn't mean he's a super huge Palin's fan.
On the other hand, Diane's really active. She could totally be BFF with Hillary.

P.S. Don't pull the plug! *goes back to her rosed colored world*