Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-16-2017, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Yeah, I don't think I wrote that down, so your memory still works We're leaving for the airport on the 8th (early flight, so we wanted to have a hotel on the airport), so we're flying on the 9th. Leaving on the 16th, but arriving on the 17th due to time difference.
Where are you going on holidays again?
Old 08-16-2017, 10:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Kate! how are you doing? You missed Aga a week back. You were away, right? How is the downtime?
Busy with work And I sooooo can't wait for my vacations to start which are still a month away because I'm so tired and I need some climat change Climat change I just want to go the sea

Quote:
My weekend was good despite the weather's best efforts. I didn't do much, which is my favorite weekend activity after gaming and cuddling.
What were you guys up to?
My kind of favourite weekend too
Old 08-16-2017, 10:51 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Where are you going on holidays again?

New York
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
New York
Nice, sounds like fun
Old 08-17-2017, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, Rugby is definitely an team sport and I always used to enjoy playing it.
My Dad used to play and although I've never seen him play, I could tell he enjoyed the team work most of all, from his stories anyway
Why did you stop? No time or did you get injured? It seems like it's pretty rough even in amateur competitions

Quote:
An 20/20 game sounds like something you should start off with and the test matches (they go for an maximum for 5 days) are my favoruite.
I bet. I do like long slow winded games (I watch baseball after all ) so I'd love to see that but yeah I need to watch a couple of 20/20 games first to get what's going on

Quote:
How can you not like chocolate?
I'm odd that way And honestly there is very little I wouldn't eat so it's not me being difficult. I don't hate chocolate but I prefer it as an element in a more elaborate dessert than as the central part so I'm not a fan of chocolate cake or ice cream. I'd rather eat plain fruit than a brownie, and yes it makes me look weird, I know

Quote:
Strawberry is my favourite
I love strawberry anything! I recently made a strawberry ice cream dessert with a client. The strawberry ice cream had coconut meringue bits and a balsamic caramel swirl, and we paired that with a basil and olive oil short cake and a mint whipped cream. Damn, I'm drooling.

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think I wrote that down, so your memory still works
my memory works in the funniest ways. I can never remember a phone number but you can ask me the names of all my teachers since my first year of school (and that was a while ago ) and I manage to retain every little bit of arcane information I ever heard

Quote:
We're leaving for the airport on the 8th (early flight, so we wanted to have a hotel on the airport), so we're flying on the 9th.
Ah cool, yeah you're doing that again, it's a smart way to go. The jetlag in that direction is not too bad but it's better to have had some rest before the flight

Quote:
Your weekend sounds super awesome. Those are favorite activities of mine too

Quote:
We had a meet with one of our shared friends. Had lunch and walked around a lot. On Sunday we just gamed, gamed & watched some TV
Sounds awesome too! Friends and food, and gaming and tv

Quote:
And I sooooo can't wait for my vacations to start which are still a month away because I'm so tired and I need some climat change
Ah that's right, you are leaving on a late vacation, my mistake. Hot in Poland then eh?

Quote:
Climat change I just want to go the sea
I can't wait to be in the pool! I'm going to look like an old prune with a sunburn but I don't care!

Quote:
My kind of favourite weekend too
Awww we should have a group cuddle

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 08-18-2017, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
My Dad used to play and although I've never seen him play, I could tell he enjoyed the team work most of all, from his stories anyway
Why did you stop? No time or did you get injured? It seems like it's pretty rough even in amateur competitions

I bet. I do like long slow winded games (I watch baseball after all ) so I'd love to see that but yeah I need to watch a couple of 20/20 games first to get what's going on.
Just haven't had the time in the last few years to play really and most of my mates are league fans anyway. Definitely do that and hopefully you enjoy it

Quote:
I'm odd that way And honestly there is very little I wouldn't eat so it's not me being difficult. I don't hate chocolate but I prefer it as an element in a more elaborate dessert than as the central part so I'm not a fan of chocolate cake or ice cream. I'd rather eat plain fruit than a brownie, and yes it makes me look weird, I know

I love strawberry anything! I recently made a strawberry ice cream dessert with a client. The strawberry ice cream had coconut meringue bits and a balsamic caramel swirl, and we paired that with a basil and olive oil short cake and a mint whipped cream. Damn, I'm drooling.
Fair point haha, chocolate is amazing on it's own for me though. That cake sounds nice minus the caramel lol
Old 08-20-2017, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Just haven't had the time in the last few years to play really and most of my mates are league fans anyway.
Yeah it takes commitment to play a team sports. I used to play basketball. I played for almost 20 years but then I had to choose between playing basketball for fun and getting good grades in school
I do miss it though. I get a sense of excitement when I pick up a basket ball even today.

Quote:
Fair point haha, chocolate is amazing on it's own for me though.
Heh so I keep hearing from everyone. I guess I'm difficult. I like layers.

Quote:
That cake sounds nice minus the caramel lol
Is it a general thing against caramel or is it the balsamic that turns you off? It doesn't taste like vinegar or anything.

Old 08-20-2017, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah it takes commitment to play a team sports. I used to play basketball. I played for almost 20 years but then I had to choose between playing basketball for fun and getting good grades in school
I do miss it though. I get a sense of excitement when I pick up a basket ball even today.
What position do you play in basketball?

Quote:
Heh so I keep hearing from everyone. I guess I'm difficult. I like layers. Is it a general thing against caramel or is it the balsamic that turns you off? It doesn't taste like vinegar or anything.
Fair point and I just don't like caramel haha. Cya guys, I'm leaving for my trip tonight.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)

Fair point and I just don't like caramel haha. Cya guys, I'm leaving for my trip tonight.
Have fun on your trip!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Fair point and I just don't like caramel haha.
You haven't had my kind of caramel, that's why

Quote:
I was a point guard. I wasn't a big scorer under the hoop but I was pretty good at scoring from just inside or waaaay ouside the paint. I held a record in my league for 3 points scores for years (maybe I still do ) but I think mostly my coaches just wanted me there because I had a good quick eye for the pass and I was fair so my teammates never had any problem with me passing to someone else if I thought they were in a better place to score.

Damn, I miss it

Quote:
Cya guys, I'm leaving for my trip tonight
Have fun and au revoir

Old 08-24-2017, 03:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

Damn, I miss it

Wish I had such love for a sport!

Next weekend is almost here. Time goes pretty fast. I saw you leave on monday Carla, that's a great thing to look forward to! The together time will do you both some good, I'm sure

We're visiting Jos' brother (one of 'em anyway) and his GF on Sunday. They live in new house....well, they've lived there for nearly 6 months now I believe, but I've never been there yet. Probably just gaming on Saturday.

Vet wanted us try new food again (for the cats ofc ^^). The cats like it slightly too much it gave them motivation to find out how to unlock our cabinets (where we normally store their food, or empty bowls) in the past they'd need 2 bowls to live through the day. With this food..if we are not careful they eat it all within 30 minutes. It's insane.

We got Seth Meyers tickets for the week we're in NYC. No idea who the guests are that day, but we wanted to experience a late night show for once in our lives. Back when we were in LA we were invited to one, but I was sick, and it was the day in between the tapings of Crowded (Carrie Preston ftw) and Big Bang Theory. Looking forward to seeing a late night show. We were also invited to a signing of Michael Ausiello (Creator of TVLine), since he wrote a book. He's being interviewed by the creator of Gilmore Girls, so kinda special for us. Fanboys? Naaaaaaah
Old 08-24-2017, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Wish I had such love for a sport!
Not one you enjoy playing or even watching? You don't even have to be good at it to enjoy it

Quote:
Next weekend is almost here. Time goes pretty fast. I saw you leave on monday Carla, that's a great thing to look forward to! The together time will do you both some good, I'm sure
Gods yes! It was a looong time coming too. Like most summers, before you know it, 2 months went by. We always screw it up in the summer so it's going to be really good. I'm going to be a mess when she comes get me at the airport

Quote:
We're visiting Jos' brother (one of 'em anyway) and his GF on Sunday. They live in new house....well, they've lived there for nearly 6 months now I believe, but I've never been there yet.
Family time. Yay? Do you get along with that brother?

Quote:
Probably just gaming on Saturday.
Ooooh I got some great couch-co op games to play together during our vacations. Ofc between my sis and J, there is no way I'll get to play Dead by Daylight or any other horror survival game but I have lots of fun party games.

Quote:
it gave them motivation to find out how to unlock our cabinets (where we normally store their food, or empty bowls)
what kind of drugs are they putting in that food?

Quote:
He's being interviewed by the creator of Gilmore Girls, so kinda special for us. Fanboys? Naaaaaaah
tv is really weird these days. Shouldn't the journalist be interviewing the writer?

Old 08-26-2017, 05:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

Ah that's right, you are leaving on a late vacation, my mistake. Hot in Poland then eh?

I can't wait to be in the pool! I'm going to look like an old prune with a sunburn but I don't care!

Awww we should have a group cuddle
Thankfully,the heat has gone away (almost ) and I can't wait for autumn to arrive

How are you doing these days?
Old 08-26-2017, 02:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Not one you enjoy playing or even watching? You don't even have to be good at it to enjoy it

Not one. I liked soccer on some level and I played it when I was young, but mainly, because I forced to: ''it's healthy to sport and make friends there, go!''. Never really liked it. The best thing about sporting was the fact we had to shower together

Quote:
Gods yes! It was a looong time coming too. Like most summers, before you know it, 2 months went by. We always screw it up in the summer
Even more to look forward to then!

Quote:
Family time. Yay? Do you get along with that brother?
Well, I get along with everyone in his family, but it's more ''tolerate'' I suppose. They are friendly(ish) to me, I return that favor. They're not bad people, just very different, which is ok. We can chat, we can laugh, but at the end of the day I'm glad if we leave again but it's family!

Quote:
what kind of drugs are they putting in that food?
Good question

Quote:
tv is really weird these days. Shouldn't the journalist be interviewing the writer?
Very weird he wrote a book and considering he's good friends with the creator I'm sure he loved the idea...I mean..Jos and I would have gone either way (we didn't even plan around the signing, it was a miracle the signing was announced for the week we had already planned), but having a kind of celeb for your signing...it's good marketing I suppose.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:29 AM
Elite Fan

Kaaaate you're back!

Quote:
Thankfully,the heat has gone away (almost ) and I can't wait for autumn to arrive
Hey hey, not yet, I am going on vacation. Autumn can wait 2 weeks, right?
I'm praying for Sun so send some of your heat my way, please

Quote:
How are you doing these days?
Preparing for fun times and running a bit on empty but looking forward to the next couple of weeks. I'm good. Feeling lighter than I usually do.
And I'm thinking about dying my hair purple because my sister is bugging me with her bright red hair. Now people think she's my little sister. I mean, she is but by 5 minutes so let's not overdo it, alright? I'm the fun one!

And btw, I'll stick around because I'll have wifi so don't go anywhere

How about you? Reading, working, not sleeping?

Quote:
Not one. I liked soccer on some level and I played it when I was young, but mainly, because I forced to: ''it's healthy to sport and make friends there, go!''.
Yeah that reminds me of my Dad with my brother. That's exactly the wrong way to go with a kid, imo

Quote:
The best thing about sporting was the fact we had to shower together
Silver lining

Quote:
We can chat, we can laugh, but at the end of the day I'm glad if we leave again but it's family!
Well, if I could say the same about my relationship with my own family, that would be a step forward (or several) so yeah it's good enough with your in-laws I guess

Quote:
Very weird he wrote a book and considering he's good friends with the creator I'm sure he loved the idea...
Yeah I assumed they were friends. Would be weird otherwise
Doesn't matter anyway since it works for you, right?