Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-05-2017, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
so I've heard. If only I understood anything about it

well popularity is separate from winning, obviously. It's all in the heart and I suspect I will go to a cricket match when I'm there, definitely. But at least I will understand what's going on when I go to a rugby match
True, cricket is more of an summer thing anyway. Yep, Qlders in my unbiased opinion have more passion and play for the team where as NSWrs play more for each other.

Quote:
Heh I wouldn't quite call myself that but I have some game
I teach actually. I don't think I could be mean enough to lead a kitchen in a restaurant but I really do enjoy cooking and I've always loved helping people learn things so it was a good move for me. I used to have a boring corporate job but that wasn't a great fit.
When you can make a living from your passions, going to work becomes fun.
True haha, so what do you work then?

Quote:
Oh cool! I heard about that show. Looks pretty good.

Any weekend plan? How is the winter treating you guys down under?
The trailer is Netflix if you want to check it out. Not really, you? Winter isn't that cold this year so good lol.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
True, cricket is more of an summer thing anyway.
That's a very good point and I'm more likely to visit in the winter (since my gf is usually free for traveling only in the Summer, that means winter there; which is a shame because she likes cricket but oh well )

Quote:
Yep, Qlders in my unbiased opinion have more passion and play for the team where as NSWrs play more for each other.
I will definitely look them up. We don't usually have sports talk around here so it's a refreshing change

Quote:
True haha, so what do you work then?
I used to give cooking classes in a school here in Paris but it was too restrictive. Schools like programs and defined classes and I like to adapt things to the people I teach. It's true of everything you teach but with cooking, likes and dislikes, or allergies and other considerations play a big part so I prefer being more flexible. Now I teach people at home, which is also a plus because schools always have great equipment that most people don't have in their own kitchens so they learn things and then they go home and can't cook

I enjoy it a lot and it lets me cook in great kitchens because my place has a closet kitchen so it's a win/win

What do you do, if I may ask?

Quote:
The trailer is Netflix if you want to check it out.
I will. I love thrillers and this one seems to be right up my alley on paper so I'm looking forward to it

Quote:
Not really, you? Winter isn't that cold this year so good lol.
Do you actually get cold usually? I have no idea about temperatures in Australia. It seems like it's always warm and sunny but I know it's just a mental construct.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 08-07-2017, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's a very good point and I'm more likely to visit in the winter (since my gf is usually free for traveling only in the Summer, that means winter there; which is a shame because she likes cricket but oh well )
I will definitely look them up. We don't usually have sports talk around here so it's a refreshing change
Who does your gf like in the cricket? Any Aussie players? I'm from QLD so I tend to be more biased towards my teams than the NSW ones.

Quote:
I used to give cooking classes in a school here in Paris but it was too restrictive. Schools like programs and defined classes and I like to adapt things to the people I teach. It's true of everything you teach but with cooking, likes and dislikes, or allergies and other considerations play a big part so I prefer being more flexible. Now I teach people at home, which is also a plus because schools always have great equipment that most people don't have in their own kitchens so they learn things and then they go home and can't cook

I enjoy it a lot and it lets me cook in great kitchens because my place has a closet kitchen so it's a win/win

What do you do, if I may ask?
Sounds like fun. At the moment, I work in an office shifting paper files to electronic based, which I actually enjoy.

Quote:
I will. I love thrillers and this one seems to be right up my alley on paper so I'm looking forward to it

Do you actually get cold usually? I have no idea about temperatures in Australia. It seems like it's always warm and sunny but I know it's just a mental construct.
I enjoy them too and it definitely seems like my type of show. Nope, I'm that type of person who wears shirts and boardies when everyone else is jumpers and jeans
Old 08-07-2017, 03:53 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
hey my peeps! how is everyone?
Had a very nice weekend. Gamed a lot (Guild Wars 2, which just announced its newest expansion, yay), but those are the best kind of weekends Also went to Rotterdam (15 minutes by train) to get some ice cream (cause it's delicious ^^).

Of course the cat got sick again, but we're kind of used to that by now Sucks for him though. I hope he feels better soon.

How was your weekend?
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Mine was good, just had an lazy weekend.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Who does your gf like in the cricket? Any Aussie players?
Oh I hear about her favorite footie players but I don't know about the Cricket guys
She actually got into it because of a Bollywood movie, of all things, Lagaan. I know she follows it on tv but I don't know who she is rooting for.

Quote:
I'm from QLD so I tend to be more biased towards my teams than the NSW ones.
as you should be Do you play?

Quote:
Sounds like fun. At the moment, I work in an office shifting paper files to electronic based, which I actually enjoy.
I think that's the one job I'd enjoy being in an office for. I spend a lot of time scanning old papers and photos for friends and family and it's very relaxing in a way. Maybe it's the preservation of old memories, maybe it's just that I love computers

Quote:
Nope, I'm that type of person who wears shirts and boardies when everyone else is jumpers and jeans
good for you! People who get cold all the time are great for cuddling though

Quote:
Had a very nice weekend. Gamed a lot (Guild Wars 2, which just announced its newest expansion, yay), but those are the best kind of weekends Also went to Rotterdam (15 minutes by train) to get some ice cream (cause it's delicious ^^).
Gaming but 15 minutes for ice cream? You don't have ice cream any closer to your home, Ingmar?
I looooove ice cream but I have very high standards so I've definitely spent 30 mn in the metro to get ice cream before. But then until I get an ice cream machine (in my closet kitchen, I'd need to put storage on the ceiling ) there's no other way I can get my smoked vanilla and goat's milk caramel fudge fix
What's your favorite?

Quote:
Mine was good, just had an lazy weekend.
Lazy weekends are the reason weekends exist!

I spent mine doing a little more planning for my vacation. Still 3 weeks to go so I have time but it relaxes me to prepare. Anticipation is half the fun!

Old 08-09-2017, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh I hear about her favorite footie players but I don't know about the Cricket guys
She actually got into it because of a Bollywood movie, of all things, Lagaan. I know she follows it on tv but I don't know who she is rooting for.
Just ask her for some names and I will see if I know them or not. I used to play Rugby Union when I was at school, but not in a few years though.

Quote:
Think that's the one job I'd enjoy being in an office for. I spend a lot of time scanning old papers and photos for friends and family and it's very relaxing in a way. Maybe it's the preservation of old memories, maybe it's just that I love computers
Yeah, I enjoy it and it's pretty easy with good money.

Quote:

I spent mine doing a little more planning for my vacation. Still 3 weeks to go so I have time but it relaxes me to prepare. Anticipation is half the funI !
That's true Yes they are and where are you going for your holiday? Less than 2 weeks for mine.

Last edited by Gelfling; 08-13-2017 at 12:05 AM
Old 08-09-2017, 04:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

I think that's the one job I'd enjoy being in an office for. I spend a lot of time scanning old papers and photos for friends and family and it's very relaxing in a way. Maybe it's the preservation of old memories, maybe it's just that I love computers

Gaming but 15 minutes for ice cream? You don't have ice cream any closer to your home, Ingmar?
I looooove ice cream but I have very high standards so I've definitely spent 30 mn in the metro to get ice cream before. But then until I get an ice cream machine (in my closet kitchen, I'd need to put storage on the ceiling ) there's no other way I can get my smoked vanilla and goat's milk caramel fudge fix
What's your favorite?

I spent mine doing a little more planning for my vacation. Still 3 weeks to go so I have time but it relaxes me to prepare. Anticipation is half the fun!
I'm the same with ice cream That's why we go to Rotterdam for Ice-cream. They have won several awards and the ice cream is to die for. Especially fan of their Yoghurt and stracciatella.

Your vacation is getting closer! Yay We leave in 4,5 week. Can't wait either
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
I'm the same with ice cream That's why we go to Rotterdam for Ice-cream. They have won several awards and the ice cream is to die for. Especially fan of their Yoghurt and stracciatella.

What's your favourite ice cream flavour?
Old 08-13-2017, 12:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Just ask her for some names and I will see if I know them or not. I used to play Rugby Union when I was at school, but not in a few years though.
I will and btw, I since learned the rules of cricket. I'll try watching a game (not one that lasts several days though )
Rugby eh? Coming from the South of France, I've seen rugby in action and damn, that's scary! A very skilled game though a,d a true team sport.

Quote:
That's true Yes they are and where are you going for your holiday? Less than 2 weeks for mine.
Portugal I've been there many times but never really in the countryside so it's going to be a fun relaxing vacation.
2 weeks eh? You'll be on vacation when I am. I hope you enjoy the South of France, it's awesome in the end of the summer.

Quote:
That's why we go to Rotterdam for Ice-cream. They have won several awards and the ice cream is to die for. Especially fan of their Yoghurt and stracciatella.
That's very cool. Good frozen yoghurt is hard to find here. It's never the right balance.

Quote:
What's your favourite ice cream flavour?
Pretty sure you were asking Ingmar but just in case: I don't really have a favorite because I like to be surprised so I go to places that change their flavors every week or so and I like to try the weirdest ones
I'm not a big fan of chocolate though. I know, it's weird. Who doesn't like chocolate, right?

What's your favorite?

Quote:
how long are you leaving?

Old 08-13-2017, 09:04 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

Pretty sure you were asking Ingmar but just in case: I don't really have a favorite because I like to be surprised so I go to places that change their flavors every week or so and I like to try the weirdest ones
I'm not a big fan of chocolate though. I know, it's weird. Who doesn't like chocolate, right?

What's your favorite?

how long are you leaving?
Yogurt and Stracciatella (see the post you quoted ) by a long shot

We're in NYC for 7 days, so that's a great amount of time to photograph and look around...and visit our second home
Old 08-15-2017, 01:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hi everyone! How are you doing these days?
Old 08-15-2017, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

Kate! how are you doing? You missed Aga a week back. You were away, right? How is the downtime?

Quote:
We're in NYC for 7 days, so that's a great amount of time to photograph and look around...and visit our second home
I remembered you were going to be in NYC for the 9/11 events but I didn't know how long you were going for.

My weekend was good despite the weather's best efforts. I didn't do much, which is my favorite weekend activity after gaming and cuddling.
What were you guys up to?

Old 08-16-2017, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I will and btw, I since learned the rules of cricket. I'll try watching a game (not one that lasts several days though )
Rugby eh? Coming from the South of France, I've seen rugby in action and damn, that's scary! A very skilled game though a,d a true team sport.
Yeah, Rugby is definitely an team sport and I always used to enjoy playing it. An 20/20 game sounds like something you should start off with and the test matches (they go for an maximum for 5 days) are my favoruite.

Quote:

What's your favorite?
How can you not like chocolate? Strawberry is my favourite
Old 08-16-2017, 01:58 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

I remembered you were going to be in NYC for the 9/11 events but I didn't know how long you were going for.

My weekend was good despite the weather's best efforts. I didn't do much, which is my favorite weekend activity after gaming and cuddling.
What were you guys up to?
Yeah, I don't think I wrote that down, so your memory still works We're leaving for the airport on the 8th (early flight, so we wanted to have a hotel on the airport), so we're flying on the 9th. Leaving on the 16th, but arriving on the 17th due to time difference.

Your weekend sounds super awesome. Those are favorite activities of mine too We had a meet with one of our shared friends. Had lunch and walked around a lot. On Sunday we just gamed, gamed & watched some TV