Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-22-2017, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

AGAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Quote:
Hey guys!! How is everyone? I've been gone for too long!
You have! Bad girl! how is life treating you?
Good thing you made it here before the end of the month because you'd have found the board closed.

For future reference, we plan on meeting in the OT of the tv board after the TGW board is archived. IF you want to find us

So how about the 13th Doctor?

Quote:
Not just ''there's a chance for rain a few hours per day'', but ''raining the entire day, with no (or very little) sun at all.
****. Sorry to read that. I know it's not like it was going to be a once in a lifetime trip and you can do it again soon but still, you were looking forward to it

Quote:
We're both kind of grumpy about it too, we were looking forward to ''being away'' quite a bit....but with that kind of weather...better to be home I guess. At least we'll still have NYC in 7 weeks
True. Not all is lost

Quote:
Vet was thinking that part may have to do with his long fur, so we got it trimmed yesterday. Oh my god. You should have seen how much hair they removed. He looks exactly the same (fur-wise), but she removed A LOT of ''under hair''.
oh you don't have to translate. I've had long hair most of my life and I know how crazy it is and it's definitely layered.

I did nothing today, well outside of work so it was a lazy Saturday. Played games with my sis and watched some tv. Like a teenager

We wanted to go see Baby Driver but our neighborhood theater didn't have it so we'll probably go Monday downtown.

What did you end up doing?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-22-2017, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
You're in Australia, right?
Yes I am. You guys got any plans for the weekend?

Last edited by stlavin95; 07-23-2017 at 02:34 AM
Old 07-23-2017, 01:35 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

I did nothing today, well outside of work so it was a lazy Saturday. Played games with my sis and watched some tv. Like a teenager

We wanted to go see Baby Driver but our neighborhood theater didn't have it so we'll probably go Monday downtown.

What did you end up doing?
Well, doing nothing can be very satisfying Hope you'll like the movie!

It's only Sunday morning now, but we haven't done anything big yet either. Most of Friday night & Saturday was spent on trying to find a last minute destination....as a replacement for Berlin.
We're going to Amsterdam tonight to eat at the Hardrock Cafe there though, since we were really looking forward to eating there in Berlin Our favorite deserts are on their menu...cheesecakes, brownies You're right, it wasn't a once in a lifetime travel destination, it's just that we really needed a break from the stress at home, so this only adds atm, which sucks. We'll be mad for a few days, but we know how to let things go thankfully
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Amsterdam sounds like a fun place
Old 07-23-2017, 03:50 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
AGAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

You have! Bad girl! how is life treating you?
Good thing you made it here before the end of the month because you'd have found the board closed.
Damn, talk about good timing
I'm good, I've been to London for the 1st time 2 weeks ago Really by coincidence, I made plans with a friend from work to go to see Elton John in Sopot, Poland on July 9th and then it was announced that The Killers were to play in London the day before and she's a big fan so she had to go So we went on Friday, and since I had a half of Saturday to myself because of the concert I went to see Les Mis and Audra McDonald in Lady Day
Next time I'm going in March to see Hamilton

And I'm mostly done with renovating the apartment, took us 6 months more or less. I still don't have any furniture apart from the kitchen and the bathroom, I'm too broke right now

Quote:
For future reference, we plan on meeting in the OT of the tv board after the TGW board is archived. IF you want to find us
Good to know! And you have a twitter account, right? I don't really use mine, but that could also be a way of staying in touch

Quote:
So how about the 13th Doctor?
I was pretty sure they were going to cast a white male again, and were only teasing, so they surprised me I'm really happy with the shake up, it was about time, although I'm not sure I would cast this actress. But I'm giving her a chance! And I feel I'm not ready to say goodbye to Peter Capaldi But Christmas special looks promising, I loved David Bradley as the 1st Doctor in the special for the 50th anniversary.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
6 days long enough to see all the highlights, plus a little more.
True, 6 days is normally enough in any city for me.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hi everyone! How are you doing these days?
Old 07-24-2017, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

Hope everyone had a good Monday my peeps (and Kate, happy weekstart )

stlavin95, Australia sounds awesome! I hope to make it there someday. When I can brave the long flight or maybe make a pit stop somewhere in the middle.
Have you been to Europe or the Americas?

Quote:
Well, doing nothing can be very satisfying Hope you'll like the movie!
Baby Driver was brilliant! Best movie I've seen this year, methinks

Quote:
Most of Friday night & Saturday was spent on trying to find a last minute destination....as a replacement for Berlin.
that's one way to occupy a weekend: plan for one, then cancel and then try to plan another one at the last minute

Quote:
We're going to Amsterdam tonight to eat at the Hardrock Cafe there though, since we were really looking forward to eating there in Berlin
Love the Hard Rock Cafe! Been to many of them and while the food tends to be on the lower end in Paris, it's been great everywhere else. Great drinks and music too

Quote:
We'll be mad for a few days, but we know how to let things go thankfully
Yeah no need to get more stress out of it

Quote:
Amsterdam sounds like a fun place
It is! Tested and approved. It's also a very romantic city with the right companion

Quote:
Damn, talk about good timing
I know, right? Not that I would have faded into the sunset without shooting you a PM first but you have time traveler instincts!

Quote:
I'm good, I've been to London for the 1st time 2 weeks ago
Looks like you enjoyed it

Quote:
Really by coincidence
did you trip over a teleportation device or something?

Quote:
I made plans with a friend from work to go to see Elton John in Sopot, Poland on July 9th and then it was announced that The Killers were to play in London the day before and she's a big fan so she had to go
Best reason to go to London, imo. The music and the theatre.

Quote:
I went to see Les Mis and Audra McDonald in Lady Day
How did you like this production of Les Mis? I heard good things
I'm not asking about Audra because the show is brilliant and she's, well, Audra

Quote:
Next time I'm going in March to see Hamilton
I hope it's close enough to Blanchett doing All About Eve that you can do both in one trip but tickets for both will be hard to score. I missed out on Hamilton already but I have All About Eve on Google Alert.

Quote:
And I'm mostly done with renovating the apartment, took us 6 months more or less. I still don't have any furniture apart from the kitchen and the bathroom, I'm too broke right now
Piiiiics!! When Joana asked about you, I said "she's not on the board much, she's doing an episode of Pimp My Home" so I wasn't far off

Quote:
Good to know! And you have a twitter account, right? I don't really use mine, but that could also be a way of staying in touch
I do have it still. I don't use it either because it seems everybody I liked there is not using theirs anymore and I get mad at Trump if I go there and he never replies to any of my tweets for some reason

Quote:
I was pretty sure they were going to cast a white male again, and were only teasing, so they surprised me I'm really happy with the shake up, it was about time, although I'm not sure I would cast this actress.
Same same. I was excited about the idea, much less so about the actress but she's done stage work so I'll give her a chance. Bitterly disappointed that they felt the need to ditch Bill to have a male companion just to keep enough testosterone on screen though. I think it would have been more interesting with someone who'd known the Doctor before but hey, I'll give it a chance

Quote:
And I feel I'm not ready to say goodbye to Peter Capaldi But Christmas special looks promising, I loved David Bradley as the 1st Doctor in the special for the 50th anniversary.
I know! I still haven't seen all the episodes from this season because I'm trying to make Capaldi last!
I was the same with Matt Smith but the perspective of Capaldi following made it easier. Let's see what happens now. The online abuse is starting already so I think I'm going to take a break from the Whovians

How was Sir Elton?

Old 07-25-2017, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Hope everyone had a good Monday my peeps (and Kate, happy weekstart )

stlavin95, Australia sounds awesome! I hope to make it there someday. When I can brave the long flight or maybe make a pit stop somewhere in the middle.
Have you been to Europe or the Americas?
Awesome, what parts do you want to visit? I've been to USA and Canada a few years (separate trips) and I'm going to Ireland and France in a few weeks actually.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:44 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

Baby Driver was brilliant! Best movie I've seen this year, methinks

that's one way to occupy a weekend: plan for one, then cancel and then try to plan another one at the last minute

Love the Hard Rock Cafe! Been to many of them and while the food tends to be on the lower end in Paris, it's been great everywhere else. Great drinks and music too

Yeah no need to get more stress out of it

Good to know you enjoyed the movie Our next movie will be Valyrian, which is releasing this Wednesday in the Netherlands. Trailer looked nice.

Yes, it wasn't the most optimal weekend. We found peace with our decision though, we still have NYC to look forward to. Looking at the current weather of Berlin...yeah, thankful we decided to cancel. We'll most likely plan something else for November (Jos' last vacation week of the year). Thinking of Tenerife. Quite cheap, still good weather and beatiful nature.

I know! Hard Rock Cafe is one of those chains we're always looking for whenever we are on a holiday. So far we've found (and ate at): New York, Washington DC, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Lahaina (Maui), Rome...and now Amsterdam I think we forgot about the London one The brownie is always a desert we're looking forward to (aswell as the Oreo cheesecake for me )
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Wow, you like Hard Rock Cafes a bit
Old 07-25-2017, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Awesome, what parts do you want to visit? I've been to USA and Canada a few years (separate trips) and I'm going to Ireland and France in a few weeks actually.
You're going to France? Cool. I live in Paris

I'd love to get enough time to see my around Australia. I have a friend who lived there for a couple of years, moved around a lot and she's come back exhausted but really happy of the time there. I don't think I could leave my life here for that long but she made me want to go even more than I already did.

Quote:
Good to know you enjoyed the movie Our next movie will be Valyrian, which is releasing this Wednesday in the Netherlands. Trailer looked nice.
Luc Besson nope I won't see that one
I loved the graphic novel and everybody who has seen the movie said it was a dumbed down version of it with lots of special effects and bad acting so I'll skip it.

Quote:
We'll most likely plan something else for November (Jos' last vacation week of the year). Thinking of Tenerife. Quite cheap, still good weather and beatiful nature.
And perfect in the Fall

Quote:
Hard Rock Cafe is one of those chains we're always looking for whenever we are on a holiday. So far we've found (and ate at): New York, Washington DC, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Lahaina (Maui), Rome...and now Amsterdam I think we forgot about the London one The brownie is always a desert we're looking forward to (aswell as the Oreo cheesecake for me )
I can teach you to make them, it'll be cheaper

Old 07-26-2017, 02:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
^ Wow, you like Hard Rock Cafes a bit
We sure do

Wanted to visit Australia for ages too, but I got less exciting the last couple of years. So many spiders/snakes that could kill you It's just an irrational fear I have. Sydney is still on our to-visit list though.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
You're going to France? Cool. I live in Paris

I'd love to get enough time to see my around Australia. I have a friend who lived there for a couple of years, moved around a lot and she's come back exhausted but really happy of the time there. I don't think I could leave my life here for that long but she made me want to go even more than I already did.
Yeah, we are visiting the South of France, not 100% sure where though but we definitely aren't visiting Paris though. What parts of the country did they live in? Where do you want to visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
We sure do

Wanted to visit Australia for ages too, but I got less exciting the last couple of years. So many spiders/snakes that could kill you It's just an irrational fear I have. Sydney is still on our to-visit list though.
All of the snakes/spiders definitely are an downside Sydney is an great place to visit, same with Melbourne.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So many spiders/snakes that could kill you It's just an irrational fear I have.
Don't forget sharks and jellyfish

Quote:
All of the snakes/spiders definitely are an downside Sydney is an great place to visit, same with Melbourne.
They seem to be such exciting cities! And being a foodie, I already have a long list of restaurants to try

Quote:
Yeah, we are visiting the South of France, not 100% sure where though
Brilliant. I love the South more than any other region but then I was born there and lived half of my life on the Mediterranean coast before coming to Paris in 2000 so I may not be objective.

Quote:
What parts of the country did they live in? Where do you want to visit?
All over really. My friend Sarah lived there for 3 years and worked for about 6 months in Sydney, then moved around a lot. She also spent several months in Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth and I know she went around the wilder side doing odd jobs in farms and animal shelters the last 6 months, which she loved but I don't know any of the names of the places she stayed. I'm sure she told me but since I didn't know them and a lot of them sounded strange to me they went right through my brain.

The good thing is she has a lot of friends all over so we could go and spend time with people instead of being isolated in hotels, which is way more fun when you're discovering a country. I'd also like to see Canberra and another friend of mine was born and raised there so she still has family in the area, even though she moved to Ireland when she married one of my exes.
I also know a few online peeps I met here who are in various areas so it'd be fun to visit them.

A big network is the best way to see the world

It just seems like a country that has a lot to offer and it's very attractive culturally and since my girlfriend is into photography and looooves wild landscapes, it's high on out list. And since we've watched quite a few Australian shows, we wouldn't have too many problems with the slang and the accent

Last edited by Gelfling; 07-26-2017 at 07:37 PM