Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-25-2016, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
And the FF interface is screwed up yet again for me, lol. Keeps saying FF is a dangerous site, even when I disable everything.

Since I don't know how active ppl (me included) are going to be the next few days I wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas and an even better 2017. I love that we all got to know each other, you especially Carla, it's been a blast getting to know you
Thank-goodness that message is gone again. I won't come here if its shown, even if the site is "safe". I just don't want to risk it, if I don't have to. I got enough stuff that needs setting up and fixing. Don't need to add my laptop to the list.

Merry Christmas everyone! I'll be back here on Monday catching up on things. If the site co-operates.

- Mel
Old 12-25-2016, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Merry Christmas !!!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 12-25-2016, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Any New Years Resolutions?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 12-27-2016, 01:20 AM
Elite Fan

Hey Peeps How did your Xmas weekend go?
Did Santa spoil you?

Or was it more of a...

Karen! Mel! Merry Christmas!

Quote:
Took me quite some time, but now I'm really happy with the friends I do have. They have your back always and I can be myself with them.
That's the most important thing. Real friends are the ones you don't have to hide from. If you feel you can trust them to be yourself with them, they're the good ones

Quote:
Your logic is kinda nice, I need to remember that. Why be nervous in real life, while I have no issues meeting them online and then in real life after
sounds easy, doesn't it? I know it's not that easy but it's something that's worth working on, believe me

Quote:
We were both on a dating site. He sent the first message, asking me if wore my glasses all the time. We chatted for like 2 months untill we met up, but later on we both admitted we were already feeling butterflies very early on (while chatting).
Awww nerves are always a good sign when chatting with a stranger
It's your heart giving you a nudge

Quote:
The first date was a disaster though.
well that's a good story to tell. As long as you went past it

Quote:
I valued the click and I could feel he had feelings for me, so I knew it would just be a matter of time before he'd let him go. After a few months he couldn't figure out why it took him so long, he wasn't even that great and the relationship itself was horrible (his words).
Sometimes it's hard to let go of a relationship that went wrong because you're blaming yourself. Either for how it went or for even getting into it in the first place.

Quote:
Now..more than 6 years later..I must admit I didn't think it would last this long, since it's my first relationship. Guess I'm very, very lucky.
you are. I think a lot of people get way too fast into relationships and then they just go on because it's easier or because they don't want to be alone, and they settle for less than they deserve and end up bitter.

Quote:
I don't really love the Netherlands, but it's always nice to hear that other people love it.
what don't you like about it?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 12-27-2016, 03:02 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Did Santa spoil you?

Or was it more of a...

what don't you like about it?
We just stayed at home. Went for dinner and a movie on Christmas eve though (the new Star Wars). Transfered some things from our old apartment, but the rest of the time we just relaxed. How did it go for you?

In the end I think I just don't like the Netherlands, because of the simple fact that I was born here. Seen it all. Grew up with this kind of nature and cities. Don't like the language (prefer talking in English actually) and the climate. I'm always saying to Jos that if we ever get a chance to migrate to the UK, or somewhere in the USA we should go for it. He thinks the same, so maybe maybe. My dream would be to live in a small town near San Francisco. Now that's a nice climate...if you forget about the earthquakes..
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hi guys! how's your week going? Any plans for the New Years Eve?

Quote:
Did Santa spoil you?
For me Santa was great this year, nothing to complain about and how about you?

Quote:
Real friends are the ones you don't have to hide from. If you feel you can trust them to be yourself with them, they're the good ones
Exactly
Old 12-29-2016, 12:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We just stayed at home. Went for dinner and a movie on Christmas eve though (the new Star Wars). Transfered some things from our old apartment, but the rest of the time we just relaxed. How did it go for you?
Sounds nice. No need for a lot of partying for the holidays. Good times with people you love is all anyone needs

There was some cooking but mostly we relaxed and I got to spend some quality time with my sis, and we played with our gifts

Quote:
In the end I think I just don't like the Netherlands, because of the simple fact that I was born here. Seen it all.
Heh yeah I get that

Quote:
Don't like the language (prefer talking in English actually)
I'm actually not a fan either. I'm not sure why but it's not a good sound to my ears (but then again, I don't really like French either and people tell me it sounds awesome )

Quote:
I'm always saying to Jos that if we ever get a chance to migrate to the UK, or somewhere in the USA we should go for it. He thinks the same, so maybe maybe.
Not sure how long the UK will stay open but I think they'll change their tune very fast. As for the US, well I guess I'll stay out for the next 4 years but I'd love to live there too.

Quote:
My dream would be to live in a small town near San Francisco. Now that's a nice climate...
I believe it was Mark Twain who said the coldest winter he'd had was a summer in San Francisco
It's not like the rest of California I'm afraid but I think I'd like it better than LA for many many reasons, including the milder climate. Not to mention the culture, open-mindedness, wine region and the great gastronomy scene.

Quote:
Hi guys! how's your week going? Any plans for the New Years Eve?
More cooking! and a fair amount of drinking (not that I can get drunk because I get sick first so I don't drink that much)
Joana will be here in a couple of days so I'll spend the end of the year, and the beginning of the next one with my two favorite people in the world. Can't ask for more. How about you?

Quote:
For me Santa was great this year, nothing to complain about and how about you?
how mysterious
My sis and I made a pact not to go over 200 euros and not to get more than one gift for each other. Ofc we got a couple because we're both liars but I loved mine. I finally got an Immersion Circulator to do some sous-vide cooking at home. Can't wait to get the rest of my stuff to try it and I got some lovely earrings.
I still have stuff on the way from other people so I'll let you know

Old 12-30-2016, 04:12 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Sounds nice. No need for a lot of partying for the holidays. Good times with people you love is all anyone needs

There was some cooking but mostly we relaxed and I got to spend some quality time with my sis, and we played with our gifts

Heh yeah I get that

I'm actually not a fan either. I'm not sure why but it's not a good sound to my ears (but then again, I don't really like French either and people tell me it sounds awesome )

Not sure how long the UK will stay open but I think they'll change their tune very fast. As for the US, well I guess I'll stay out for the next 4 years but I'd love to live there too.

I believe it was Mark Twain who said the coldest winter he'd had was a summer in San Francisco
It's not like the rest of California I'm afraid but I think I'd like it better than LA for many many reasons, including the milder climate. Not to mention the culture, open-mindedness, wine region and the great gastronomy scene.

More cooking! and a fair amount of drinking (not that I can get drunk because I get sick first so I don't drink that much)
Joana will be here in a couple of days so I'll spend the end of the year, and the beginning of the next one with my two favorite people in the world. Can't ask for more. How about you?

how mysterious
My sis and I made a pact not to go over 200 euros and not to get more than one gift for each other. Ofc we got a couple because we're both liars but I loved mine. I finally got an Immersion Circulator to do some sous-vide cooking at home. Can't wait to get the rest of my stuff to try it and I got some lovely earrings.
I still have stuff on the way from other people so I'll let you know
Good to hear you had a great time and you both went overboard with presents, lol

We didn't give gifts, but I did bought myself a costume. My first ever. Figured it was about time that I got one, now that we have more financial room. I did already have some jackets, but for weddings....funerals..big parties, you want to go in costume. This one:

Men’s Suits, Jackets, Shirts, Trousers, and More | Suitsupply Online Store

No tie though. I hate them. I may buy myself another one for the summer months. Good thing is that you can wear the jackets from the costumes casually aswell, which I love.

Don't know if I'm around tomorrow, so in advance: have a very great New Year tomorrow!! All of you
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:57 AM
Supreme Fan

Happy new year!
Old 01-02-2017, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Well my Christmas was fine until my mom had to bring up the topic of Church with my brother. He hasn't gone in awhile and my mom just won't let it go. She doesn't realize that the more she aggravates him, the less he comes around. The price we all pay then. It's his choice, he is a grown-up. I'm not too sure who keeps asking where he is, I think she is making that part up. If not, just tell them he works or he doesn't live at home anymore.

Happy New Year to everyone!

- Mel
Old 01-03-2017, 03:23 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle (View Post)
Well my Christmas was fine until my mom had to bring up the topic of Church with my brother. He hasn't gone in awhile and my mom just won't let it go. She doesn't realize that the more she aggravates him, the less he comes around. The price we all pay then. It's his choice, he is a grown-up. I'm not too sure who keeps asking where he is, I think she is making that part up. If not, just tell them he works or he doesn't live at home anymore.

Happy New Year to everyone!
That doesn't seem like a problem at all, weird that she makes an issue of it There comes a time kids are old enough to make choices themselves.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
That doesn't seem like a problem at all, weird that she makes an issue of it There comes a time kids are old enough to make choices themselves.
With my mom, it's all about her. So because he decides not to go to church, she thinks it reflects negatively on her. What she doesn't understand is that 99% of the people could care less. Cause like you said he is old enough to make his own choices. But my brother is at fault too. He can't seem to accept that mom is the way she is and won't change. You just gotta suck it up or work around it. It's hard though because no matter what you do, it's never good enough for her. You could do 98 thing right, but she will focus on the 2 things you didn't do. She is a real negative nancy.

It's getting cold here again. Super windy out too. I'm suppose to go to the doctors on Thursday, but I'm going to see if I can change it. Negative temp with wind chill, won't be good for my lungs.

I'm dreaming about being on a nice beach. Sun is shining and it's like 75 degrees. Who is with me?

- Mel
Old 01-04-2017, 04:27 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle (View Post)
With my mom, it's all about her. So because he decides not to go to church, she thinks it reflects negatively on her. What she doesn't understand is that 99% of the people could care less. Cause like you said he is old enough to make his own choices. But my brother is at fault too. He can't seem to accept that mom is the way she is and won't change. You just gotta suck it up or work around it. It's hard though because no matter what you do, it's never good enough for her. You could do 98 thing right, but she will focus on the 2 things you didn't do. She is a real negative nancy.

It's getting cold here again. Super windy out too. I'm suppose to go to the doctors on Thursday, but I'm going to see if I can change it. Negative temp with wind chill, won't be good for my lungs.

I'm dreaming about being on a nice beach. Sun is shining and it's like 75 degrees. Who is with me?
I'd sign for a trip to a hot island somewhere!

Good luck with your cold! Whenever I get a cold I'm just not worth a penny. At least when my husband gets a cold he can still function, he can do everything he can do when he doesn't have a cold. For me? I just want to sleep. Impossible to focus on anything else.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Peeeps! :grouo_hug: I don't know where my mew year message went
I could swear I posted on sunday. My sis thinks I was too drunk and I didn't hit reply but I definitely wasn't that drunk!

So back to your previous posts.

Ingmar that suit looks veeeeery cool! Totally the kind I'd get if I was a guy
And I know it's been a while now but I can't help 'aaaawwww'ing when you call Jos "my husband" (yes I'm hopeless like that :lol)

Mel I'm totally with you on that beach! It's only -5C here but my asthma is not being cool and my face feels like leather

Old 01-05-2017, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Mel I'm totally with you on that beach! It's only -5C here but my asthma is not being cool and my face feels like leather
Cool smilie. Happy New Year to you too!

My entire body feels like leather. I don't like lotion much. Too greasy. I wish I could talk my folks into using the humidifier that I spent $65 on. But they don't think we need it as the house has enough moisture. Then why is my skin so dry and my eyes so dry?

The beach is just the perfect temperature. The breeze off the ocean is great. The smell is awesome too. Overall I would just feel better.

- Mel