Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-10-2016, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

The Court (OT) #192 - Springtime is here! Blossoms and sunlight and... new shows?

Sorry for the title, but it's the least pessimistic I could think of...

Hope there's still a democracy in 4 years and you guys can take your country back

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 11-11-2016, 12:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Carla
See what it takes to shake off my lethargy?
Well, I started to lose faith in humanity with Brexit, but this?
We have our own Trump here, and people who vote for him usually do this in protest (or they're actually that dumb, IDK ), but even here I couldn't ever imagine him to become a president.

I Sam Bee.

France and Germany, I'm watching you!

Oh, and I actually don't think our gov put a stake on Trump winning, they needed him to lose to prove that democracy is a bogus and doesn't work even in the US (they used the same rhetoric as Trump, that HRC is corrupt, the media is biased against Trump, the elections is rigged), and then blame all of our problems on HRC as they did with Obama.
But if they had anything to do with it, America, I'm sincerely sorry.

Quote:
And now he says he wants to be the president of "all the Americans" after spewing hatred and taking shots at everyone who wasn't white, straight and hateful in his campaign. seriously? Guess he's a politician now, eh?
I spit out my coffee when he said he's now gonna build bridges and roads, and no mention of walls, who would have thought.

And Obama has to shake hands with the president-elect who was endorsed by the KKK (among other things), I can't imagine how that feels.

Last edited by PetiteFleur; 11-11-2016 at 09:39 AM
Old 11-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread Carla.

- Mel
Old 11-12-2016, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the new thread
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-12-2016, 02:55 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread carla!

Hope everyone is doing allright, besides of the obvious Trump elephant in the room..

We're busy with preparing our move in 3 weeks. Also visited our future cats for the first time last weekend. They were 3 weeks old when we saw them. Still so tiny, but oh, so cute. You could hold them in one hand. When they're 13 weeks we can take the two of them home.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

sorry I wasn't around for a couple of days. Life got busy. I guess I needed it to forget the beginning of the week.

I'll read and reply to your posts tomorrow. Have a good Sunday my friends and remember

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Master Fan

Back at you Carla.

I haven't posted much in this thread either, just trying to ignore the beginning of the week too. But the great thing about this place is we might have different opinions, but we are respectful of each other.

- Mel
Old 11-14-2016, 11:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

I couldn't believie it, really..Not much I can say really..

Speaking of more fun things, my book order has arrived and I started Les Bienveillantes and I'm speechless most of the time...Anyway, I'm just in the beginning but I would definetly recommend
Old 11-14-2016, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

I might have to put the credit card in the freezer... Gosh I went to the Puma Outlet and damn I spent too much $$$. Now to thin out the closet to make room. Lucky for me I *think* I have shopping done for my brother for Christmas. Well unless I find more bargains.

I still have to put in my Book/DVD order yet. Ugh

I'm glad Christmas only happens once a year. It's the time I spend the most on myself and others. I just can't pass up a good bargain.

- Mel
Old 11-15-2016, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
See what it takes to shake off my lethargy?
Well, I'm sorry it had to come to that, Anna because you are missed ;hug:

Quote:
Well, I started to lose faith in humanity with Brexit, but this?
Brexit was the starters.

Quote:
We have our own Trump here, and people who vote for him usually do this in protest (or they're actually that dumb, IDK ), but even here I couldn't ever imagine him to become a president.
And considering who you have, that's saying a lot.

Quote:
France and Germany, I'm watching you!
Couldn't happen here. The closest we came a few years back to a right-wing president, he got his ass handed to him in the second round. That's the beauty of a second round. People who think they aren't concerned realize that **** just hit the fan and that one guy CAN be worse than another and they fix it.

Quote:
(they used the same rhetoric as Trump, that HRC is corrupt, the media is biased against Trump, the elections is rigged), and then blame all of our problems on HRC as they did with Obama.
Heh between a stooge and a strong woman who already kicked them in the balls repeatedly, obviously they had their preference.

Quote:
I spit out my coffee when he said he's now gonna build bridges and roads, and no mention of walls, who would have thought.
He switched strategy to try and seduce the Electors now.

Quote:
And Obama has to shake hands with the president-elect who was endorsed by the KKK (among other things), I can't imagine how that feels.
Like a kick in the heart, I imagine. Two steps forward and three steps back.

Quote:
Hope everyone is doing allright, besides of the obvious Trump elephant in the room..
Not a fun topic anymore but I like what you did there

Quote:
We're busy with preparing our move in 3 weeks. Also visited our future cats for the first time last weekend. They were 3 weeks old when we saw them. Still so tiny, but oh, so cute. You could hold them in one hand. When they're 13 weeks we can take the two of them home.
PIIIIIICS! We need kitties!

Quote:
I haven't posted much in this thread either, just trying to ignore the beginning of the week too.
How's the twitter filter working? (Ugh I wish someone would invent a web filter that would filter out that jerk's face from all my websites. I'm just tired of seeing it already and even gaming websites have something to say about him so...

Quote:
But the great thing about this place is we might have different opinions, but we are respectful of each other.
I hope so. Things like that are really hard to discuss calmly but they are still worth discussing.

Quote:
I couldn't believie it, really..Not much I can say really..
Let's wait and see

Quote:
Speaking of more fun things, my book order has arrived and I started Les Bienveillantes and I'm speechless most of the time...Anyway, I'm just in the beginning but I would definetly recommend
I'll give it a go in a bit. I need something fun these days so I went back to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and after that some Gaiman probably.

Quote:
I might have to put the credit card in the freezer... Gosh I went to the Puma Outlet and damn I spent too much $$$. Now to thin out the closet to make room. Lucky for me I *think* I have shopping done for my brother for Christmas. Well unless I find more bargains.
well between November and January, I have Xmas, an anniversary, my brother's birthday, my sis's birthday and my ladybug's birthday so let me tell you my credit card is not happy with me

Quote:
I'm glad Christmas only happens once a year. It's the time I spend the most on myself and others. I just can't pass up a good bargain.
I get the gifts to others but you should indulge yourself a little more the rest of the year

Old 11-17-2016, 12:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Don't forget the fence! Don't we have one of those already along Mexico? That has been working out so well...

I read this tweet the other day and almost spewed my water. For anyone who watches Deadliest Catch, this would be something to see. Considering his age and plumpness.

Quote:
Not a fun topic anymore but I like what you did there
No its not and the more I keep hearing, I just shake my head. Found out that Ivanka's father-in-law is/was in prison. So yeah her husband being one of Donald's top advisors should be a real treat. How is that gonna work considering that Ivanka will be running the Trump company along with her brothers. How will they keep that all separate?

Quote:
PIIIIIICS! We need kitties!

Quote:
How's the twitter filter working? (Ugh I wish someone would invent a web filter that would filter out that jerk's face from all my websites. I'm just tired of seeing it already and even gaming websites have something to say about him so...
It's a work in progress. Still trying to get all my bases covered. I'm sick of all things orange, but can't give up my cheetos.

Quote:
I get the gifts to others but you should indulge yourself a little more the rest of the year
I'm too damn frugal to my own detriment sometimes. My brother is getting me to lighten up a bit. It's a work-in-progress.

- Mel
Old 11-18-2016, 07:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I'll give it a go in a bit. I need something fun these days so I went back to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and after that some Gaiman probably.
Yeah I should read something fun too.

Quote:
my credit card is not happy with me
Mine isn't either

I'm going to Italy tomorrow So when I get back my bank account will be a catastrophe for sure
Old 11-19-2016, 05:01 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardengrill (View Post)
Yeah I should read something fun too.

Mine isn't either

I'm going to Italy tomorrow So when I get back my bank account will be a catastrophe for sure
Poor bank account

For Carla and the other people who love kitties:

They're 4 weeks now
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

They are beyond cute.

Thanks so much for sharing. Put a on my face.

P.S. Does anyone have work advice? My brother is hating his job, but the benefits and pay are just too go to go someplace else. He gets in these moods every few months...where he thinks he is the only one who cares about the work that needs to be done. He gets the worked dumped on him because they are short handed. I dunno what to tell him anymore. He is tired when he gets home. He isn't feeling well because of allergies. I think his co-workers dump on him because he is single and lives on his own. They feel like he should have all the time in the world...

- Mel
Old 11-20-2016, 03:42 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Throttle (View Post)
They are beyond cute.

Thanks so much for sharing. Put a on my face.

P.S. Does anyone have work advice? My brother is hating his job, but the benefits and pay are just too go to go someplace else. He gets in these moods every few months...where he thinks he is the only one who cares about the work that needs to be done. He gets the worked dumped on him because they are short handed. I dunno what to tell him anymore. He is tired when he gets home. He isn't feeling well because of allergies. I think his co-workers dump on him because he is single and lives on his own. They feel like he should have all the time in the world...
He could try talking to his boss? Not really fair that everyone throws work in his direction. Has he talked about it with his colleagues? Kinda lame Money is important...you kinda need enough of it to be able to live your life, but feelings/health is even more important. His boss needs to respect that.

And thank you! Yes, they're incredibly sweet!