Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks, guys. I think we're going to try to do some painting this weekend before we move our stuff in.
That's the best way to do it, imo.

Quote:
Also, my dad and his brother are driving up from Florida during the second half of this week, so they want to see the place on their way, so I'll see them on Saturday afternoon (they're spending Friday night at my great aunt's house, which is half an hour from girlfriend's parents).
How's your Dad been, btw?

Quote:
So it'll be the first time one of my parents meets girlfriend's parents. My mom is coming down when we move the big stuff and that's when Mom meets girlfriend's parents. I hope all the parents all get along.
Heh that's another big step but hey, they just have to get along enough to be in the same room every once in a while. As long as you two get along, it's all good

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-06-2016, 01:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hi everyone! 😃 any plans for the weekend?
Old 05-06-2016, 08:34 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardengrill (View Post)
Just a quiet (long) weekend at home. Yesterday we had to make a family photo as gift for Jos' father, who is getting married next month. That would be the ''biggest'' thing this weekend, lol
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
How's your Dad been, btw?
he seems to be doing better, but I'll probably get a better idea when I see him tomorrow.

Quote:
Heh that's another big step but hey, they just have to get along enough to be in the same room every once in a while. As long as you two get along, it's all good
heh. We've actually already planned for me to take the Monday after Father's Day in June off so girlfriend and I can go to Vermont for a long weekend. Her parents were already planning to go then, so we then invited Dad along (girlfriend's parents have been after me to invite him there when he's up for the summer), so I hope they all get along tomorrow so Father's Day won't be an awkward mess.

Oh and Ingmar, my thing upstate on the 11th is getting moved, but not sure if it's going to be the 12th just yet. In any event, there's a networking thing I went to last year in the city and this year's event is on the 11th, so I will try to do that instead. I'm sure we'll have time to catch up during the week you're here though!
I made my icon.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:22 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)

Oh and Ingmar, my thing upstate on the 11th is getting moved, but not sure if it's going to be the 12th just yet. In any event, there's a networking thing I went to last year in the city and this year's event is on the 11th, so I will try to do that instead. I'm sure we'll have time to catch up during the week you're here though!
We're pretty flexible, so we'll figure something out Looking forward to it!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hey Kate! how have you been, Stranger?
The board will be closing soon, come spend some time with us

We went at the shooting gallery at the Fair today. It was awesome. Only thing that would have been better would be Trump's face on the balloons we shot but hey, I just pictured it

Quote:
Just a quiet (long) weekend at home. Yesterday we had to make a family photo as gift for Jos' father, who is getting married next month. That would be the ''biggest'' thing this weekend, lol
Oooh swanky

Quote:
he seems to be doing better, but I'll probably get a better idea when I see him tomorrow.
Good to read

Quote:
heh. We've actually already planned for me to take the Monday after Father's Day in June off so girlfriend and I can go to Vermont for a long weekend. Her parents were already planning to go then, so we then invited Dad along (girlfriend's parents have been after me to invite him there when he's up for the summer), so I hope they all get along tomorrow so Father's Day won't be an awkward mess.
I'm sure it'll be fine. You were both raised by your parents. You're in love with each other. I'm sure your parents will find some common ground

Old 05-08-2016, 01:20 AM
Elite Fan

Hello there! Does someone remember me? hehe I really need to catch up I hope you're all doing great

Like I said in the A/W thread, since the show ends tonight, I felt like I had to come here. I have so many great memories from this board

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter •
Old 05-08-2016, 01:39 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
Hello there! Does someone remember me? hehe I really need to catch up I hope you're all doing great

Like I said in the A/W thread, since the show ends tonight, I felt like I had to come here. I have so many great memories from this board
How could we forget? Nice to have you around again. Hope you're doing well!
Old 05-08-2016, 12:57 PM
Total Fan

Hello everyone! I realized I've been gone for almost two month But I had to come back before the finale. The show might not be what it used to, but still I spent 7 years with it and I wouldn't be on this board without TGW

Fluff, I dug up the previous thread to continue our conversation

Quote:
Wow. Passing laws in the middle of the night; countering judicial decisions; corrupting the justice system; ignoring International organizations. Censorship of dissidence. Check, check, check. They really are checking all the bullet points on the "how to alienate people and load the dices in your favor" list of the Dictatorship for Dummies manual.
Taking over the public media: check That was the second bill they passed. The act ended the terms of all the heads of public TV stations and they were replaced by those faithful to the party. A lot of journalists were fired after that and now the public TV is mostly manned by those who worked in the two radical PiS-loving right-wing channels, and the public TV is now unwatchable because of the primitive propaganda. Thankfully we're not in the time of communism anymore and people can just switch the channel and they do, because the main news programme has lost almost a million viewers already and has the worst ratings since the measurements started. Seriously, they are like anti-Midas, everything they touch turns into ****. Our currency was called "world's worst currency" last month and I could go on and on... Of course, the Tribunal's ruling hasn't been published still and when the Supreme Court announced thay they would follow the tribunal's rulings to protect the unity of our legal system, they were called by PIS-spokeswoman "a group of cronies who protect the status quo of the previous government" Can you believe anyone would dare to say such stuff about the Supreme Court in the U.S for example?
On one hand, the resistance is only growing stronger, yesterday there was the biggest anti-government march in Warsaw, around 200k-250k people (that's the estimate of the City Hall, according to the police there was only 45k :lol) and no-one sane believes this **** anymore, but really, how can we kick them out? They have everything, the parliament, the army the police, the attorney general's office, they're ignoring the judiciary, they fired anyone they could fire in public institutions and installed their own people. So they won't give up the power willingly because it all went too far already. Maybe only when the economy will be totally destroyed or some blood spilled, and I'm not ruling it out down the line, because according to them the democracy is just fine in Poland, because "we don't send the police agains the protesters"

Quote:
Hard to believe they didn't even have to stage a coup to come into power People actually put them there
That's the worst part really. On one hand people were tired of the previous government, who were in charge for eight years and really ****ed things up in the 2 last years or so - by ****ing up I mean they didn't do anything and got too sure of themselves and arrogant. Although in comparison with the arrogance and hypocrisy of PiSlamists they now seem like the most competent and sane people ever....
On the other hand, 50% of people didn't go to vote (because there's not one to vote for, or it never changes anything, yeah right...) and since PiS has the most disciplined electorate it gave them the upper hand. But PiS lied so much during the campaign that they were going to be so much better than the arrogant previous government, that there's really so much money for everything (because the previous government stole it ) they convinced a lot of people, who are naive enough and don't really know how it all works. And now they go on and on how they have a mandate to do all of their so-called "good change" (when they were really elected by 18% of all the electorate). Ok, people elected them, but not for them to completely destroy democratic checks and balances and to introduce authoritarian rule.
Quote:
a bit of well deserved fangirling will save any production
Yep and we're fangirling so hard right now, we're seeing Jekyll and Hyde for the 4th time at the end of May

Quote:
Damn! Still can't believe we don't have it here!
I can't believe it either! I went to see Hangmen with David Morrissey last week. I'm so happy we have NTL here, I've seen so many plays I wouldn't get to see otherwise.

Quote:
maybe it's like all the idiot Republicans who sing "Born in the USA" because they only know the title and they assume it's a song about how great the US are when it's just the opposite
OR maybe the Church has acquired a sense of humor... but I still think they just assume it's a show about how awesome Jesus was
Yeah... I was naive to believe that they would just leave Jesus Christ Superstar alone, but nothing is safe from the "good change" now.... They changed the ****ing ending of the play!! There was a random scene at the very end showing the resurrection That was so lame we were speechless. What about the licence? Did they tell ALW what they wanted to do with it? Apart from that the show was good, although the stadium wasn't the best place for it because the sound was pretty bad at times
Quote:
my bad. Turns out he can.
There was a concert I found on youtube where he sang songs from JCHS, he was Jesus, Judas, Simon Iscariote and Peter. I bet he could also play Mary Magdalene just fine

Quote:
I'm going to London next month and I still can't believe what I'm going to see so I'll tell you later. At this point I'm just worried I'll jinx it if I even say it out loud but I'll give you a hint
Aaaaaaaaah!! So you've seen it already? How was it?!

Quote:
Loved it! I'm really happy I'm loving Capaldi as the Doctor because I loved Matt Smith so much, I would have been let down by anyone else if it hadn't been for Capaldi's calibre! I hope he stays on forever
Did you like the Xmas special?
I love Capaldi so much and he could also be on the show forever if it was my decision. But I must say Matt Smith was my least favourite Doctor, I can't really say what it was that I disliked, but the seasons with him dragged for me and I couldn't wait for him to go. I liked all the specials with him though. I loved the latest Christmas special, although I'm really sorry to see Clara go, she must've been my favourite companion, especially with Peter
Old 05-08-2016, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But I had to come back before the finale. The show might not be what it used to, but still I spent 7 years with it and I wouldn't be on this board without TGW
Aga, hey! I've been gone for like a year and I felt like I had to come back as well. I'm glad some old posters are still here

Quote:
How could we forget? Nice to have you around again. Hope you're doing well!
You too

Old 05-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Euge! Agaaaa!

Ingmar!

I wish everyone else would come and say goodbye before the board closes but I'm truly glad you girls made it
(Ingmar, obviously, is not a girl and he's been sticking around so )

Quote:
But I had to come back before the finale. The show might not be what it used to, but still I spent 7 years with it and I wouldn't be on this board without TGW
*sniff* I don't even care for the show and I'm emotional about the finale mostly because of the community and the good memories. My life would have turned out very different without the show.

You know what Ingmar? I also owe it to Gilmore Girls
If Matt hadn't been in Gilmore Girls, the Matt fans on the GG board would never have opened a Matt board, and then a TGW board here. Crazy, huh?

Quote:
Fluff, I dug up the previous thread to continue our conversation
you're like a conversation archeologist. Dig away, by all means I'm totally good with continuing interesting conversation over an extended period of time. I guess that's me being old and used to emails

Quote:
Taking over the public media: check That was the second bill they passed.
Shocker.

Quote:
Thankfully we're not in the time of communism anymore and people can just switch the channel and they do
Modern technology is something to be grateful for. Doesn't prevent propaganda but makes it harder to make it the only perspective. Not that it stops China but Poland is still part of the EU.

Quote:
On one hand, the resistance is only growing stronger, yesterday there was the biggest anti-government march in Warsaw, around 200k-250k people (that's the estimate of the City Hall, according to the police there was only 45k :lol) and no-one sane believes this **** anymore, but really, how can we kick them out?
All these people against them. How did they manage to actually get elected? Foul play? But then again, it's like a glimpse of the US's future if the Orange Psycho gets elected. People are actually campaigning for that nutjob.

Quote:
Maybe only when the economy will be totally destroyed or some blood spilled, and I'm not ruling it out down the line, because according to them the democracy is just fine in Poland, because "we don't send the police agains the protesters"
Looks like there's a bona fide revolution in your future.

Quote:
Although in comparison with the arrogance and hypocrisy of PiSlamists they now seem like the most competent and sane people ever....
That's always the way it goes, isn't it? We never learn.

Quote:
On the other hand, 50% of people didn't go to vote (because there's not one to vote for, or it never changes anything, yeah right...)
Can't blame people for being jaded about politics. The only reason I keep voting is because we have those fascists too and they won't get elected without me trying to stop them by voting for anyone else. But I vote against them. People should know better than to abstain.

Quote:
Ok, people elected them, but not for them to completely destroy democratic checks and balances and to introduce authoritarian rule.
True enough. Even you didn't think they'd go that far.

Quote:
Yep and we're fangirling so hard right now, we're seeing Jekyll and Hyde for the 4th time at the end of May
not a bad play but not one I'd see 4 times Fangirls.

Quote:
I can't believe it either! I went to see Hangmen with David Morrissey last week. I'm so happy we have NTL here, I've seen so many plays I wouldn't get to see otherwise.
#Jealous.

Quote:
They changed the ****ing ending of the play!! There was a random scene at the very end showing the resurrection That was so lame we were speechless.
shocked

Quote:
What about the licence? Did they tell ALW what they wanted to do with it?
ALW is currently on Broadway with his latest musical. School of Rock. I kid you not. I think he's fine with everything so long as he gets a big bunch of money

Quote:
Aaaaaaaaah!! So you've seen it already? How was it?!
Breathtaking! Glenn Close is the ****ing Queen of this part! If they ever make a movie from it with someone else, I'll be really mad!
Apparently she was sick when we saw her because she had to cancel the next bunch of performances. She was hospitalized for a severe chest infection but damn the pipes!
And she's really the best actress for the part. Everyone else I saw or heard plays Norma like a nutjob or a caricature. She brings tears to your eyes. Amazing woman.

Quote:
I love Capaldi so much and he could also be on the show forever if it was my decision.
I think there's a strong possibility he will be the last doctor and I am totally fine with that. As long as the next season last 24 years, like a night on Darillium.

Quote:
But I must say Matt Smith was my least favourite Doctor, I can't really say what it was that I disliked, but the seasons with him dragged for me and I couldn't wait for him to go.
Heh I loved the arcs and the Ponds so I loved his seasons. However, the doctor was a bit too childish for me. Capaldi's Doctor makes more sense. He's old and cranky and he cares but he wishes he didn't care so much because he's been hurt from it over and over.

Quote:
I'm really sorry to see Clara go, she must've been my favourite companion, especially with Peter
I really liked Clara. She had a lot of depth and she was a great fold to Capaldi's Doctor. I thought her ending was the most brilliant of any of the recent companions though;
I'm curious about the newbie. Hope they make her a good one.

don't feel you need to reply that loooong post this week ok?

Old 05-09-2016, 03:30 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

Ingmar!

I wish everyone else would come and say goodbye before the board closes but I'm truly glad you girls made it
(Ingmar, obviously, is not a girl and he's been sticking around so )

*sniff* I don't even care for the show and I'm emotional about the finale mostly because of the community and the good memories. My life would have turned out very different without the show.

You know what Ingmar? I also owe it to Gilmore Girls
If Matt hadn't been in Gilmore Girls, the Matt fans on the GG board would never have opened a Matt board, and then a TGW board here. Crazy, huh?

I think Matt was the main reason why I checked out the show in the first place. I imdb stalked all of the GG actors and one day I noticed he'd be starring in TGW. For a while I forgot untill I saw an episode on Dutch television. Hooked ever since. If I wouldn't have known that Matt would be playing a role I wouldn't have tried it. Ironically it was Kalinda who mainly hooked me in the first place.

It's kinda sad the board is coming to a close. Wish I would have joined sooner. Think I joined around S4/S5. Wish it was even earlier. So many nice people here. At least we made it till the very end. Even till the end I loved the show, so it was nice to have a place to talk about it, besides spamming Jos Haven't seen the finale yet though, so if you don't hear from me I burned everything out of rage, lol
Old 05-09-2016, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ironically it was Kalinda who mainly hooked me in the first place.
Heh well she's a very good bait

I like Matt. I hope he does well now that the show is over.

Quote:
It's kinda sad the board is coming to a close.
I know
Technically we could keep it going forever (Xfiles and ER have been over forever) but it's been hard enough to get over the 15 posts a day limit with the show going.

Quote:
Wish I would have joined sooner. Think I joined around S4/S5. Wish it was even earlier. So many nice people here.
Awww well I've been glad you joined, even late
Quote:
At least we made it till the very end. Even till the end I loved the show, so it was nice to have a place to talk about it, besides spamming Jos
I know the feeling. My sister is the one who found the board for me. One day she sent me a link with "hey look, now you can talk about TGW with people who actually care"

Quote:
Haven't seen the finale yet though, so if you don't hear from me I burned everything out of rage, lol
let's just say I've seen very few people saying they didn't hate it but if anyone can remain positive enough to see the good parts and let the bad parts slide, it's you Ingmar

Last edited by Gelfling; 05-09-2016 at 06:21 PM
Old 05-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I've talked to Carol, she's gonna come and say hi She's almost graduating and finishing her thesis so she's very busy but I'm sure she will make it

Is Kate still around?

Old 05-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I've talked to Carol, she's gonna come and say hi
Awww that would be awesome. I miss Carol and Brooke.

Quote:
She's almost graduating and finishing her thesis so she's very busy but I'm sure she will make it
Brilliant! Wow I can't believe how many posters were still in school when the show started and are now graduated or working I'm old.

Quote:
Is Kate still around?
She drops by sometimes.