Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-11-2015, 08:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Still in the air...we're going to the airport later tonight (for a night, since we have an early flight), but we're still in doubt. Making our final decision tomorrow morning. In case we do go to LA..I won't have the time to post in this thread, so I'll make sure to post here again once we're safe and sound. If we can't connect to Wifi somehow I'll make sure to post something on FB (mobile network), so at least Gaby can give through the message we arrived safely.

If we decide not to go...I'll just be home tomorrow again. Here's hoping for a miracle
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

No Ingmar, I am sending you huge good vibes for you to feel better soon
I hope you decided to go. The meds may take another day or two to be fully working their magic so that leaves you with the rest of the trip to enjoy

Gaby! Missed you! I was wondering how you were.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-12-2015, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

I'm good, fluff. Girlfriend and I went up to Vermont for the long weekend. Her folks are up there all week as Friday was their anniversary, but we just went for the long weekend and girlfriend's friend Jess and Jess's son Yoh came along as well. Jess calls girlfriend's parents Mom and Dad and Yoh calls them Grandma and Grandpa so they are close. We're currently on our way back to Jersey. Work again tomorrow.
I made my icon.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:52 AM
Supreme Fan

We landed safely yesterday. It was a tough decision. Guess we will have to see how the progressioj is each day. Going to rest a lot for sure. Flight was looooong, and then we entered LA....omg, that heat. It was freezing in the Netherlands when we left. So hot. We slept for a long time, about 14 hours. Almost 8AM now. Going to check out Carrie Preston today in Crowded!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

I'm so glad you guys decided to go after all. Hope you have a blast!
I made my icon.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:46 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
I'm so glad you guys decided to go after all. Hope you have a blast!
Thanks!
Old 10-13-2015, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We landed safely yesterday. It was a tough decision. Guess we will have to see how the progressioj is each day.
I'm sure you won't regret it!

Quote:
Going to rest a lot for sure. Flight was looooong, and then we entered LA....omg, that heat. It was freezing in the Netherlands when we left.
California is another world! Hawaii will probably be fresher

Quote:
Going to check out Carrie Preston today in Crowded!
Hope you get to talk to her!

Quote:
I'm good, fluff. Girlfriend and I went up to Vermont for the long weekend
All I know from Vermont is what I learned from tv: that it looks amazing in the fall and that they make great maple syrup but going from that only, I'm sure it was great.

Quote:
Jess calls girlfriend's parents Mom and Dad and Yoh calls them Grandma and Grandpa so they are close.
Aww that's sweet. Did they meet when they were very young?

Quote:
We're currently on our way back to Jersey. Work again tomorrow.
Gotta get back to real life some time eh?

Old 10-13-2015, 11:45 PM
Master Fan

Jess and girlfriend have known each other for less than a decade, they know each other through the anime conventions girlfriend started helping out with post-college. Yoh has his first official birthday on Leap Day next year so he's known girlfriend's parents all his life. Jess's relationship with her biological parents isn't too great, so girlfriend's parents have somewhat adopted her as a daughter in a way. Yoh calls girlfriend "Titi" as well. (Jess is Hispanic.)

And tv speaks the truth about VT
I made my icon.

Last edited by BepperGirl; 10-14-2015 at 03:29 AM
Old 10-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Supreme Fan

We went to Crowded yesterday. It was my first tv taping, so I didn't know what to expect, but it was so cool. We had a pretty great view and were very,very close to Carrie Preston, etc. The entire cast was funny and I can definately recommend the show for mid season. Before the taping they showed us the pilot.

Best thing? There was a Good Wife mention (by Carrie Preston and guest star David Spade). David Spades' character was in jail and he knew there was proof out there that he was innocent. Carrie then asked him how his lawyer missed it and he said they didn't have their own Kalinda. Then it went like this:

Oh, I love The Good Wife! (Carrie)
Me too!
I still miss Will Gardner!(Carrie)

The rest I do not remember. Bad thing is...they reshot that scene twice with another script, so we think they will go with that one. Jos and I were the only ones laughing, think the rest didn't get the reference. Carrie Preston waved to us pretty soon after that. That was amazing. Didn't get to talk to her, but being so close...so great!!
Old 10-14-2015, 12:22 PM
Total Fan

sorry for dissappearing for so long but I had crazy 2 weeks and then some Firstly, I got a job and started on Oct 1, so it will be two full weeks tomorrow. It's been pretty great so far and we don't do much right now It's a new department and we're starting regular work on January 11, so for now it's training and preparation. We'll be taking over some responsibilities of German, Austrian and Swiss branches and we have trainings scheduled there. I'll be going to Austria (Vienna! ) for a week in November and to Switzerland (Schaffhausen) in December, also for a week. I'm super excited about the trips, less excited about having to speak German there My friend from uni started working at the same position in September and she's just come back from a training in Germany and she said sometimes she had barely understood anything I think I have to go for some last minute conversation classes

That's all for now, take care and I'll come back on Friday (hopefully) to catch up with the rest of the board
Old 10-15-2015, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

I'm in shock. A woman I met whilst karaoking in the East Village a couple years ago (looking in my email, it was Oct 12, 2013) was trending on Bing earlier because she died in an accident while vacationing in Hawaii.
I made my icon.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! I was starting to worry about you! I'm so glad to hear from you and with such good news!

Quote:
Firstly, I got a job

Quote:
It's been pretty great so far and we don't do much right now
Perfect job

Quote:
We'll be taking over some responsibilities of German, Austrian and Swiss branches and we have trainings scheduled there.
I don't get what you people have against France! Sure it's full of French people, I get it! But it's still nice!

Quote:
I'll be going to Austria (Vienna! ) for a week in November and to Switzerland (Schaffhausen) in December, also for a week.
Well at least you'll get lots of chocolate

Quote:
I'm super excited about the trips, less excited about having to speak German there
there's a price for everything, Freund von mir
That'll teach you to take German. If you'd taken Elvish, you'd be going to Middle Earth for training

Quote:
That's all for now, take care and I'll come back on Friday (hopefully) to catch up with the rest of the board
Thanks for dropping by with all the news. Enjoy your new job and don't worry about Friday. Just come from time to time to let us know how you're doing

Quote:
Yoh has his first official birthday on Leap Day
awww a Leap Day baby!

Quote:
Jess's relationship with her biological parents isn't too great, so girlfriend's parents have somewhat adopted her as a daughter in a way.
Yeah I know that feeling. Well, I'm still looking for my adoptive parents. Plus there's two of us so it's a tough call

Quote:
Yoh calls girlfriend "Titi" as well. (Jess is Hispanic.)
heh same in Portuguese

Quote:
And tv speaks the truth about VT
Well that's good to know Sounds awesome.

Quote:
I'm in shock. A woman I met whilst karaoking in the East Village a couple years ago (looking in my email, it was Oct 12, 2013) was trending on Bing earlier because she died in an accident while vacationing in Hawaii.
Sorry to read that.

Quote:
Best thing? There was a Good Wife mention (by Carrie Preston and guest star David Spade). David Spades' character was in jail and he knew there was proof out there that he was innocent. Carrie then asked him how his lawyer missed it and he said they didn't have their own Kalinda. Then it went like this:
haha! Love that it was a Kalinda and Will reference! Now I guess we know what side Carrie is on

Quote:
The rest I do not remember. Bad thing is...they reshot that scene twice with another script, so we think they will go with that one.
Well it's not on CBS so maybe they aren't sure they can do it for legal reasons so they shot two versions.

It looks like you're having a good time Ingmar

Old 10-16-2015, 11:52 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Aww, that sucks
Old 10-16-2015, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

Apparently she died Monday. So that was 2 years since I saw her. It was at a Meetup event, hence my ability to pinpoint when I had met her to the day.

So crazy. It really makes you think.
I made my icon.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Blergh...got so mad today! For the second time this week we came across a man in the metro who was selling baby turtles in tiny boxes...with very, very little water. He had 2 in his hands (last time he had 4), but he also had a bag on his back so who knows...

People like that...they upset me. I know some people need to beg or sell stuff to survive. I have no issues with people like that..I just feel for them (unless they are buying drugs or something), but this goes too far for me. Using animals like that...poor turtles. Bet they are stressed as hell...all those metro sounds, etc...

I know it was unwise, but when we exited the metro I told him I thought he should be ashamed of himself and I thought it was just sad. I saw some people nod, but he wasn't as happy. Jos blocked me, so he couldn't reach me, but he tried. He had no weapon or anything, but it was still very stupid. But when it comes to animal cruelty...I just had to say something, you know?