Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-01-2015, 04:07 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

I know of it actually. I'm not called Fluffypedia for nothing. My random knowledge of the useless variety is unparalleled
Always interesting to know who I should contact if I am in desire of useless variety info

Quote:
Traveling always makes me nervous. I'm not usually a very punctual person although I try hard so airports, trains, schedules, all that stresses me. I think that was the right call.

I'm exactly the same. Normally I'm quite optimistic, but when it comes to flights, or vacation plans in general....I like to be punctual/sure. Always scared that everything that COULD go wrong, WILL go wrong, lol. This way our vacation starts 1 day earlier and I'm feeling slightly more relaxed about the flight.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:25 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hi everyone!

Quote:
You can say that again. Actually, literally. Say it again please in a bonus post.

Quote:
You can say that again too You're very lucky that my friends are a collection of the finest pains in the ass in the world. I'm very proud of it
I'm right with you Those are the best people

Quote:
I'd say Spanish. Italian and Portuguese are a tie.
Oh yes Italian Maybe I'll learn it finally one day
Old 10-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Always interesting to know who I should contact if I am in desire of useless variety info
Fluffypedia is your friend

Quote:
Normally I'm quite optimistic, but when it comes to flights, or vacation plans in general....I like to be punctual/sure. Always scared that everything that COULD go wrong, WILL go wrong, lol.
I'm a control freak so ofc being not completely in control is always stressful. Traveling in general will do that.

Quote:
his way our vacation starts 1 day earlier and I'm feeling slightly more relaxed about the flight.
brilliant solution really. You're going to have such a great time!

Hey Kate

Quote:
I'm right with you Those are the best people
as long as you're not trying to sit down

Quote:
Oh yes Italian Maybe I'll learn it finally one day
I think Italian is probably the easiest of the Latin bunch. Spanish and Portuguese can be confusing and I'm not even getting into French because I don't even know how people who were not born here learn it
in fact I sometimes wonder how people who are born here learn it. And considering the routine butchering of the language I hear all around me every day, they probably don't.

But hey, you learned Polish so everything else is pretty much a breeze after that

Any plans for the weekend? Can you believe it's already the weekend? And October? Where does time go??

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-04-2015, 03:38 AM
Supreme Fan

About a month and a half ago we applied for Jimmy Kimmel tickets (for the 14th and the 15th). We were told that we'd get a mail 2-3 weeks in advance. When we would receive that mail we had to confirm our tickets asap (because they send them out in waves - so if we wouldn't accept within a certain amount of time another group of applicants would receive the tickets). We checked the site often and checked our mail every hour, but still..when I checked last week the 14th October installment was ''sold out''. Seriously, there were that many people that applied for tickets before us? We didn't even get a mail -_- There's still a chance we get tickets for the 15th, but I highly doubt it. We've read online that sometimes they select people on their looks. For example: A man applied for multiple days..but never got tickets, even when the show was still ''OPEN'' and not ''SOLD OUT'', but when his daugther applied she got tickets the next day Guess we're not handsome enough

Anyway, since we didn't get tickets for the 14th we searched for other talkshows in LA on the 14th and we found James Corden. One day later we got the mail and we were able to confirm our tickets (priority even). The guests on that day (which we didn't know before we applied) are Juliette Lewis (we were planning on watching Secrets and Lies, so we might as well do that in the future), Matthew Fox (totally happy about that! Jaaaack <3) and Colin Hanks (who I know from Roswell and Dexter). Could be worse, right? We also checked the guests for the 13th and the 15th..on the 13th Jeff Daniels is one of the guests. Kind of sad that we won't be able to see him and Kirsten Dunst (who's also there on the 13th), but hey, Matthew Fox is awesome too. At least it's not Archie Panjabi, or Baranski who we miss by one day, lol. The guests for the 15th are Matt Bomes and Cindy Crawford. The guests for the Jimmy Kimmel show (the 15th) aren't announced yet.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We've read online that sometimes they select people on their looks. For example: A man applied for multiple days..but never got tickets, even when the show was still ''OPEN'' and not ''SOLD OUT'', but when his daugther applied she got tickets the next day
You're kidding Do they check people out on FB or something?

Quote:
Guess we're not handsome enough
Their loss

Quote:
Anyway, since we didn't get tickets for the 14th we searched for other talkshows in LA on the 14th and we found James Corden. One day later we got the mail and we were able to confirm our tickets (priority even). The guests on that day (which we didn't know before we applied) are Juliette Lewis (we were planning on watching Secrets and Lies, so we might as well do that in the future), Matthew Fox (totally happy about that! Jaaaack <3) and Colin Hanks (who I know from Roswell and Dexter). Could be worse, right?
Pretty cool lineup. Matthew Fox is trying a come-back? Last I heard his career was in the recycle bin after all those "rumors" about him. The last time I saw him was in World War Z and I swear he didn't even have a line. If it wasn't for my sister saying "Isn't that the guy from Lost playing the helicopter pilot?" I wouldn't even have noticed him

Quote:
We also checked the guests for the 13th and the 15th..on the 13th Jeff Daniels is one of the guests. Kind of sad that we won't be able to see him and Kirsten Dunst (who's also there on the 13th), but hey, Matthew Fox is awesome too. At least it's not Archie Panjabi, or Baranski who we miss by one day, lol
yeah you still get pretty good guests. Jeff Daniels is awesome on talk shows and he'll probably sing but then he never really stays very long

Old 10-05-2015, 03:43 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
You're kidding Do they check people out on FB or something?

In order to have the biggest chance you are obligated to post a picture on your profile page (which is required to get tickets), so they can check your picture anytime they'd like. Ofcourse you can choose to not upload a picture, but we were under the assumption a picture would only help increase our chances, lol. Then again...I may be wrong and all of these stories I have read may be false

I haven't seen Matthew Fox in anything else than Lost actually, so I'm not sure why he's there...but hey, I am happy he's a guest, since I loved him on Lost. Jos finds it kinda funny that he will see Matthew Fox and Hawaii (lots of filming locations) before he has actually seen the series. He saw the first couple of episodes, which he loved, but we got real busy after that and we also wanted to wait for the Blu-ray box-set (which we now have).

Only 6 more days till we leave for the airport. So glad it's almost there. Sorry if I talk about the trip A LOT btw; I just love to travel and to talk about it

Do you have any plans this week? And Kiki, once you read this post, how about you? Or anyone else for that matter
Old 10-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
In order to have the biggest chance you are obligated to post a picture on your profile page
or a smaller one, more like it
Ah Hollywood. Even the audience gets to audition

Quote:
Jos finds it kinda funny that he will see Matthew Fox and Hawaii (lots of filming locations) before he has actually seen the series
true

Quote:
Only 6 more days till we leave for the airport. So glad it's almost there. Sorry if I talk about the trip A LOT btw; I just love to travel and to talk about it
I'm not jealous so you can go ahead
I hate traveling but I like being other places so it's a problem
I'm just praying for teleportation to be a reality in my lifetime

well I guess a reality for people since it's already a scientific reality.

Quote:
Do you have any plans this week?
I have a lot of classes this week because I'm trying to take time off to go to Porto for a month so I have to keep my clients happy before going.

Besides that, I'm seeing my godson and it's been a couple of years so I'm really looking forward to it. I'm sure he won't find me as cool as he did when he was 6 but hey, they never stop growing

I really want to go to the movies but can't find anything interesting so I guess it'll be an oldie at one of the indie theatres again.
(I shouldn't complain because I love old movies but I wish I could see something new )

How's Jos doing with his work?

Old 10-07-2015, 05:25 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Ah Hollywood. Even the audience gets to audition
Ah, well, I always wanted to act, so now I finally get the chance to shine. Woohoo!

Quote:
I hate traveling but I like being other places so it's a problem
That's unfortunate I understand you though; I hate flying. The first hour is kinda of cool (the ''yeah, we're going on a holiday feeling''), but as soon as the flight lasts longer than that.....I start to dislike it Especially when there's turbulence. You could argue that it's weird we're flying to Hawaii then (which is literally the longest flight we could pick (alongside New Zealand), but hey..a challenge Would be cool if we could all teleport/orb around!

Quote:
I have a lot of classes this week because I'm trying to take time off to go to Porto for a month so I have to keep my clients happy before going.
It's a good thing I don't have a dirty mind

Porto sounds amazing though! Would you be going to relax, or is it required for your work?

Quote:
Besides that, I'm seeing my godson
Yay! I'm sure he will still like you Just don't talk in baby voices

Quote:
I really want to go to the movies but can't find anything interesting
We haven't been in the cinema since the latest Hunger Games movie. So little movies that appeal to us these days. Still some movies to watch on Blu-ray though.

Quote:
How's Jos doing with his work?
Could be better. He really wanted to be done before the vacation, but now he's struggling to finish the second version before we leave. After that he will get some new feedback (which should be less than the amount of feedback he got after delivering his first version). Then he still has some time to edit his paper, with the latest feedback in his mind. After that it's time for the presentation. Honestly I doubt it will be done before our wedding in December. He lacks the motivation (not really blaming him) and he just wants to be done. He's really looking forward to the vacation (even more than I am if you could believe that ), because he needs the rest and a few weeks to not think about his paper.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ah, well, I always wanted to act, so now I finally get the chance to shine. Woohoo!
or not
Did you really? Want to act, I mean.

Quote:
That's unfortunate I understand you though; I hate flying.
I don't mind as long as it's not too long. I must admit a few years back I wasn't feeling very safe in planes but being in a long distance relationship means you have to get over that so now it's like taking the bus. Just with a little bit more hassle to get to the bus.

Quote:
The first hour is kinda of cool (the ''yeah, we're going on a holiday feeling''), but as soon as the flight lasts longer than that.....I start to dislike it
yeah I know what you mean. I'd rather be 10 hours in a train than 4 hours in a plane. At least you can get up and move.

Quote:
Especially when there's turbulence.
Oh man, I hate it. And every time I crossed the Atlantic, it was like being on a theme park ride. Up and down and up and down. Ugh.

Quote:
You could argue that it's weird we're flying to Hawaii then (which is literally the longest flight we could pick (alongside New Zealand), but hey..a challenge
yep it's weird but hey, you could just go to Amsterdam but you want a change of scenery so you have to go far. At least you're not going straight there.

Quote:
It's a good thing I don't have a dirty mind
well there's more than one way to keep clients happy and I'm going with the stomach (I honestly was going to write the mouth but then I realized it was only going to make things worse )

Quote:
Porto sounds amazing though! Would you be going to relax, or is it required for your work?
Oh I'm going to relax! To see my baby nephew (6 months old in November!) And enjoy life
I'll probably try to finish my blog and get some posting material while I'm there, about Portuguese cuisine and ingredients (hopefully the weather will be good and I'll do some foraging as well) though but it won't be my main focus.

Quote:
Yay! I'm sure he will still like you Just don't talk in baby voices
oh he already hated that a couple of years ago! And he didn't want hugs either. I hope he grew out of that phase because I fully intend to smother him

Quote:
We haven't been in the cinema since the latest Hunger Games movie. So little movies that appeal to us these days. Still some movies to watch on Blu-ray though.
At least there's that, right?

Quote:
Could be better. He really wanted to be done before the vacation
Yeah I bet. He would be more relaxed if he had that done.

Quote:
Honestly I doubt it will be done before our wedding in December.
Shame. That would have been neat

Quote:
He's really looking forward to the vacation (even more than I am if you could believe that ), because he needs the rest and a few weeks to not think about his paper.
I believe it. At least he'll air his brains out and forget about the work

Old 10-08-2015, 04:03 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Did you really? Want to act, I mean.
Yes actually! I'm really good with emotions (crying on command for example), but I just never got around to try it. A week ago I subscribed on a casting website actually. I want to pursue it slightly more after our holiday. I don't expect miracles (be in a show with Peter Dinklage and dragons for example ), but I want to try it out. There's A LOT that's scaring me though. The way you look is so important and other than that...the remembering your text part...I know I can do it, but it will be hard

Quote:
I don't mind as long as it's not too long. I must admit a few years back I wasn't feeling very safe in planes but being in a long distance relationship means you have to get over that
Yeah, I imagine that was tough. I've always wondered what a long distance relationship would feel like. When I met Jos 2.5 hours by train every weekend already felt way too long.

Quote:
yeah I know what you mean. I'd rather be 10 hours in a train than 4 hours in a plane. At least you can get up and move.
At least we have seats with extra legroom on our way to Los Angeles (the longest flight). I have pretty long legs, so it's a blessing that I can stretch them the whole way. There's noone sitting in front of us, so we can stand up and walk around very easily too. It's our trip home that I'm worried about (Honolulu-Amsterdam), but at least we got a 7 hour stop over in Seattle. That said, I'm in the seat closest to the aisle every flight, so at least I can easily stand up and walk.

Quote:
Oh man, I hate it. And every time I crossed the Atlantic, it was like being on a theme park ride. Up and down and up and down. Ugh.
When we flew back from Rome earlier this year we got into heavy turbulence above the Alps. Shaking for about 15-30 minutes, it was quite scary. I honestly though we were going to crash. Jos had the same feeling, so we just grabbed each others' hand. Deep down I knew it was just turbulence, because the staff was still walking around, etc, but let's just say I felt uncomfortable. We had very little turbulence last year when we visited the USA (I expected more), so I hope we can say the same this year. I'll make sure to post here when we land safely

Quote:
yep it's weird but hey, you could just go to Amsterdam but you want a change of scenery so you have to go far. At least you're not going straight there.
There's a charm in realising that you're literally at the other side of the world, so that makes it worth it. Plus Hawaii is very secluded...(6 hours from LA), so that makes it slightly more special, haha. After the trip we can tell you if it was worth it for sure, ha. At least we have a long stop-over in LA. We plan to relax a lot in LA (and Hawaii for that matter), so we'll be fine I suppose. The first day in LA (monday) will be the toughest due to jetlag. We have to be at Schiphol @7AM Dutch/France time and our flight departs around 10AM. Then the flight takes 11 hours, but we still arrive at noon in LA. I'm sure all we want to do when we arrive is to sleep, but it's not the best thing we can do. We plan to dump our baggage in the hotel and then walk to Hollywood..be in the sun.

Quote:
well there's more than one way to keep clients happy and I'm going with the stomach (I honestly was going to write the mouth but then I realized it was only going to make things worse )
Hahahahah Yeah, I know how you meant it, haha. I'm sorry! Jos and I both have a very dirty mind, so it's very hard for us to ignore things like that

Quote:
Oh I'm going to relax! To see my baby nephew (6 months old in November!) And enjoy life
I'll probably try to finish my blog and get some posting material while I'm there, about Portuguese cuisine and ingredients (hopefully the weather will be good and I'll do some foraging as well) though but it won't be my main focus.
Oh, that sounds awesome! Makes me hungry too! I hope the weather will be good enough for outside activities during that time!

Quote:
oh he already hated that a couple of years ago! And he didn't want hugs either. I hope he grew out of that phase because I fully intend to smother him

Quote:
I believe it. At least he'll air his brains out and forget about the work
True that!
Old 10-09-2015, 05:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hi everyone! And sorry for late answer yet again

Quote:
as long as you're not trying to sit down

Quote:
And considering the routine butchering of the language I hear all around me every day, they probably don't.
Same here with polish You wonder sometimes how on earth some people passed the elementary school

Quote:
you learned Polish so everything else is pretty much a breeze after that
If only

Quote:
Any plans for the weekend? Can you believe it's already the weekend?
For this one it's just work altough I'm trying to figure out something more fun for tonight

Quote:
And October? Where does time go??
No idea I'm in a nostalgic mood lately

And how about you?how's the blog and photography class?

Quote:
A week ago I subscribed on a casting website actually. I want to pursue it slightly more after our holiday.
Wow,that's great!Fingers crossed!
Old 10-09-2015, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes actually! I'm really good with emotions (crying on command for example), but I just never got around to try it. A week ago I subscribed on a casting website actually.
Cool. I was drafted into "drama club" back in my last year of high school by my literature teacher who was in charge of it and it was pretty fun. I don't remember most of the performance we gave because it felt like I blacked out but everyone thought I did good so

I'd have liked to keep at it but then school kept me too busy.

Quote:
I want to pursue it slightly more after our holiday. I don't expect miracles (be in a show with Peter Dinklage and dragons for example ),
hey you never know, they have Dutchies! (for some reason they spend a lot of time naked though )

Quote:
The way you look is so important and other than that
Well it's important and not. Theatre is more about getting into character. As for movies and tv, they are attached to looks but mostly in the way that serves characters. When it doesn't come to leads I mean

Quote:
.the remembering your text part...I know I can do it, but it will be hard
My teacher said the best way to remember the lines is to study the character enough that it almost feels like he/she is speaking through you. Like there's really nothing else you could imagine them saying.
Our play was a classical play so not exactly rolling off the tongue but I didn't have a hard time memorizing it because we spent a lot of time trying to understand the characters so I guess that's why I was on auto-pilot during the play.

Quote:
When I met Jos 2.5 hours by train every weekend already felt way too long.
Heh I know what you mean. 2m away seems too far sometimes. At least it's just a couple of hours by plane but still, every weekend is not a possibility.

Quote:
At least we have seats with extra legroom on our way to Los Angeles (the longest flight).
Brilliant!

Quote:
I'll make sure to post here when we land safely
Thanks I was going to ask but I don't want to be the smothering mother hen

Quote:
'm sure all we want to do when we arrive is to sleep, but it's not the best thing we can do. We plan to dump our baggage in the hotel and then walk to Hollywood..be in the sun.
Yeah keeping busy is the only way to fight jet lag. And high sugar food

Quote:
Hahahahah Yeah, I know how you meant it, haha. I'm sorry! Jos and I both have a very dirty mind, so it's very hard for us to ignore things like that
oh don't apologize. I have a dirty mind too and I am used to way worse when I'm with my best buddies. It's come to a point where it's hard for us to readjust to normal people after we spend a weekend or a vacation together because there's a lot of smack and dirty jokes going on and you want to watch that with "normal" people

Quote:
Oh, that sounds awesome! Makes me hungry too! I hope the weather will be good enough for outside activities during that time!
November is usually good there. The water might be a little cold for beach foraging (I'd really like to look for crabs, barnacles and samphire and other sea weeds) but I shouldn't have a problem in the countryside.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Elite Fan

Kaaaaate! I didn't see your post! (it's ok I'll just double post, don't tell the mods )

Missed you!

Quote:
Same here with polish You wonder sometimes how on earth some people passed the elementary school
same as here, I suppose. Teachers just giving up and passing the baby to the next guy

Quote:
For this one it's just work altough I'm trying to figure out something more fun for tonight
A little fun in a work weekend is what the doctor ordered! If all else fails, just bring vodka to work that should make things interesting.

Quote:
No idea I'm in a nostalgic mood lately
For the summer or other times and places?

Quote:
And how about you?how's the blog and photography class?
I'll answer that with my first post I guess ... in 2016
No, I hope I'll be online before that. It's going forward. I know I shouldn't try to get everything perfect from the start but I have trouble with readjusting once things start so knowing myself, I'd rather make it look and feel the way I want it before I start posting.

Ideally I want to be able only focus on food and posting once I'm started.

The photography class went well. I still have loooots to learn but I feel like I progressed already and the rest will come with experience. I'm trying to set up a portable and light "studio" so I can take pictures easily and there are so many options in a lot of different price ranges, it's a little daunting.

I'm developing new recipes every couple of days though so I'll have plenty to post.

How's the jewelry collecting?

Old 10-10-2015, 02:02 AM
Supreme Fan

Not a big post, but I just wanted to let you know we may not be going away after all. I have had a few pains the last couple of days. Nothing I have never seen before, so I assumed it would just go away. It didn't. The pain and symptons just increased. Went to the doctor. He ordered some medicine for me. In most cases it was the solution...but in some cases it didn't help much. I don't know what the term is called in English, but it's an infection around either my prostate, or balls, or both. Pretty painful. So yeah..we are going to see how I feel tomorrow. Biggest chance is that we will stay home though.

I am so pissed. Looking forward to the trip for months and the time went so slow...and now I only have 2 days to get better. Oh, the irony
Old 10-10-2015, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Oh Ingmar, I hope you don't have to cancel your trip. That would suck a lot.
I made my icon.