Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-31-2016, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So a couple of days have gone by and I think we're passing on it because where would we put all the bookshelves? There's not much room for them
I love that! Best reason to pass on a place!
I would be the same way

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 02-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

We put a bid on the place we saw with her dad on Monday. They rejected our initial offer with a "best and final" that was only 5k under their asking. Our realtor thought it wasn't worth that, he thought it was halfway between our initial offer and what the seller had as "best and final." which was a difference of 30k. We countered with 10k under the "best and final" so we'll see how best and final it is.
I made my icon.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:13 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
We put a bid on the place we saw with her dad on Monday. They rejected our initial offer with a "best and final" that was only 5k under their asking. Our realtor thought it wasn't worth that, he thought it was halfway between our initial offer and what the seller had as "best and final." which was a difference of 30k. We countered with 10k under the "best and final" so we'll see how best and final it is.
Keeping my fingers crossed!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I know, I pop in here and then don't come back for awhile. Not sure why that is, but I guess it's because TGW is no longer my fun show to watch. I still watch, but my passion is gone.

I stopped here at FF to read about the GG reboot and to see what Matt was up to. I'm one of those "lurkers".

- Mel
Old 02-05-2016, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
oh the realtor gaming.

Quote:
Yeah I know, I pop in here and then don't come back for awhile. Not sure why that is, but I guess it's because TGW is no longer my fun show to watch. I still watch, but my passion is gone.
Yeah I feel you, girl The only reason I'm still here is because of my peeps. The community replaced the show long ago for me

What is everyone up to? I'm cooking so much these days, that's all I've been doing. At work, at home... I think I need an intervention. Bring the pizza

Old 02-05-2016, 01:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
What is everyone up to? I'm cooking so much these days, that's all I've been doing. At work, at home... I think I need an intervention. Bring the pizza
Now I'm curious what your dinner smells like

Doing good here. Jos is very much wanted by a lot of companies, so the first offers are coming in. Now he has to choose. After he signs something we can start to look for a new place of live. Yay. Looking forward to that step SO, SO much!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

Well, now our realtor is suggesting for us to look at our places. The seller's agent was telling him how the seller doesn't have much money and was complaining about attorney fees, blah blah blah. Our realtor's saying this isn't a good place to start from, the inspector is bound to find something during inspection (because they always do, or what we paying them for?) and what if we can't negotiate a lower price with the found issues, which it sounds like we won't be able to? The more we think about it, we might be better off looking for another place. It's tough though because we really liked it, and her dad really liked it, too.

But if our realtor saying telling us to walk away and he only gets money from us (well, usually the seller is responsible for realtor commission but the seller factors in that with their original asking) when the deal is closed, we probably should, right? If he just wanted to make the sale, he would tell us to go to the halfway mark between our current offer and the seller's "best and final" and be done with it.
I made my icon.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Well, now our realtor is suggesting for us to look at our places. The seller's agent was telling him how the seller doesn't have much money and was complaining about attorney fees, blah blah blah. Our realtor's saying this isn't a good place to start from, the inspector is bound to find something during inspection (because they always do, or what we paying them for?) and what if we can't negotiate a lower price with the found issues, which it sounds like we won't be able to? The more we think about it, we might be better off looking for another place. It's tough though because we really liked it, and her dad really liked it, too.

But if our realtor saying telling us to walk away and he only gets money from us (well, usually the seller is responsible for realtor commission but the seller factors in that with their original asking) when the deal is closed, we probably should, right? If he just wanted to make the sale, he would tell us to go to the halfway mark between our current offer and the seller's "best and final" and be done with it.
After we sold my Grandma's house, we found out we got screwed by our Realtor because she was in on it with the other person's Realtor. They told us to take the person's offer, we ended up paying all closing costs and for what was wrong with the house. Which wasn't much of anything but they were picky. They said their mom was going to live in the basement and wanted things fixed up. Then the roof was 10 years old and they wanted a new one. The house wasn't even on the market 2 weeks and the Realtor pressured us into taking the deal. My mom was a pushover and agreed.

If the owners are not agreeing with what you are offering or come close, I would look elsewhere. Because I have watched enough HGTV and know that when the inspection comes they will find things. You have to pay for the inspector right? Then when he finds things, will the sellers want to fix them or give you a discount? Probably not since they didn't want your offer to begin with and need the money.

- Mel
Old 02-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Hey Mel how are you?

My laptop is acting out I don't have "N", "B", "G" or the delete key. It makes typing English sentences very hard so I just type as usual and then I go over my posts and fill in the missing letters with the virtual keyboard so I haven't posted this weekend. Hopefully I'll fix it.

Quote:
Now I'm curious what your dinner smells like
Heh like goodness but I can only post pictures, no smell or taste. Tonight, it was a Smoked Chicken Gumbo to celebrate Mardi Gras.

Quote:
Jos is very much wanted by a lot of companies, so the first offers are coming in. Now he has to choose. After he signs something we can start to look for a new place of live. Yay. Looking forward to that step SO, SO much!
That's great! So you'll be looking for a new place too it's a recurring theme.

Quote:
Yeah I think your realtor is looking out for you there. He could have just told you to take the deal, make his commission and that was it. If he said it was a rotten deal, it's definitely not good.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Well, we saw 5 houses today. None of them clicked. So we went back to the house we liked and offered them the same amount we did before, but with the provision that we wouldn't negiotate a new price after inspection barring any environmental or structural defects (basically big ticket items). They accepted it this time. So now we have the attorney review period.
I made my icon.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:34 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Hey Mel how are you?

My laptop is acting out I don't have "N", "B", "G" or the delete key. It makes typing English sentences very hard so I just type as usual and then I go over my posts and fill in the missing letters with the virtual keyboard so I haven't posted this weekend. Hopefully I'll fix it.

Lol, that's unfortunate ^^ would suck for me...writing a lot on my laptop and all. Hope it gets fixed!

Gaby, good to read they accepted it at this time. I hope you guys won't get any more surprises..
Old 02-10-2016, 02:25 PM
Master Fan

Hit another snag. Apparently there's an ex wife on the deed. We don't have a valid contract until she signs, too.
I made my icon.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hit another snag. Apparently there's an ex wife on the deed. We don't have a valid contract until she signs, too.
Damn that sucks! It seemed to be a good compromise

Quote:
Lol, that's unfortunate ^^ would suck for me...writing a lot on my laptop and all. Hope it gets fixed!
tell me about it! Takes me 10mn per post basically ad I'm not even talking about emails

Old 02-11-2016, 05:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Jos received a job offer last monday...they wanted him to decide before today. The job seems attractive and the connection is there, but it's impossible for us to find a proper living situation in that area (not much houses to rent in the area). If we keep searching we'll find something ofcourse, but in other regions it would be much easier. He has two other job interviews (and Jos already knows they are happy with him) so he expects other job offers aswell (both of those jobs would be closer to us and closer to an area with more houses to rent). He managed to get a few more days to think about the job offer that's already on the table, so it's very tense over here. Tough choice for him...

Sucks, Gaby! You two don't have it easy atm...
Old 02-13-2016, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
He managed to get a few more days to think about the job offer that's already on the table, so it's very tense over here. Tough choice for him...
Tell him that it's just a first step. He's not deciding about the rest of his life. He should pick the one that works best for him and not worry about anything else. There's no bad choice when you get your first job.

How's the weekend going?

I got myself a good marble slab, and a mortar and pestle on my way home from work and I haven't been so excited about a purchase since I got my Alienware laptop that's how big a food geek I am
Sooo much I am going to be able to do with that marble