Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So weird to see activity on this thread before I head to work (posted a minute before you, fluff.)
I'm so lame at this thread!

Quote:
when she was a student, yes. We went to the alumni match earlier this year where she won one of her 3 bouts against the current students.
Coool I wish I'd done some fencing. It feels like something I would have enjoyed

Glad that she's feeling better. It seems now is the time where people are getting sick. Spring, right!

Quote:
I really have to leave a spare set of work clothes at her apartment should these keep happening. Coulda spent an extra two hours with her if I had clothes available.
It's a good idea. Unless it's a big step but after 4 months, it's not that big a step, right? especially if it maximizes the time together

Quote:
You asked for a photo of our rings! The photo is made by my iPad, so the quality could be better, but you can get a good idea:
soooooo pretty

Quote:
Yeah, but for once I'd like to vote for something and not just because the guys I'm voting for are bad but the other guys are just so much worse
tell me about it. People died just so I could vote and the only reason I'm dragging my ass to the voting booth is that the Front National still exists

Quote:
Well said I must say I forgot about last elections here
Forgot as in blocked them from memory or just "forgot to go"? :p

Quote:
Seriously,first I forgot about the first round,then I found out it happened in the first place only because my mom called me and I forgot about the second again I will try do better this time
sounds like me in the usual elections.

Quote:
My friend found on her fb page a photo from two years ago from the exact same day and it was WAY WORSE
"spring" my a$$

Quote:
although the word for ok is 'dobrze' so it's short and not complicated in pronunciation compared to other stuff,
still too many consonants in a row for my soft Western European mouth to wrap around :p

Quote:
I can see it's a higher level of rap
I'm not sure I posted that before (because Karen Olivo is in it) but he's also a musical fan (he was a musical theatre and English major in college) so the Easter Bonnet performances were always interesting and I think you know where that one comes from

I don't know if you know the Easter Bonnet event on Broadway but it's pretty cool and it usually gives casts a lot of fun even though they don't have that much time for it

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-03-2015, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's a good idea. Unless it's a big step but after 4 months, it's not that big a step, right? especially if it maximizes the time together
heh, I already leave my spare toothbrushes (one manual and one electrical) and an extra stick of deodorant and extra mouthwash (honestly, she bought these extra items except for the toothbrushes so I wouldn't have to keep bringing them with me every weekend -- as she probably would have bought the toothbrushes as well if I didn't already have the spares) at her place. So really not that big of a step.

Edit: happy Easter, all! Easter dinner at the girlfriend's parents' house consisted of this. Earlier in the day, they gave me a huge box of Easter chocolates as well as Easter babka. (The girlfriend also got an identically sized box of Easter chocolates and Easter babka.)
I made my icon.

Last edited by BepperGirl; 04-05-2015 at 06:08 PM
Old 04-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

Hey my peeps

I have been under the weather and also suffering a bit of a long distance blues but I'm back to bug you all

How's everyone been doing? Anyone recuperating from massive Easter chocolate overdose?

Quote:
heh, I already leave my spare toothbrushes (one manual and one electrical) and an extra stick of deodorant and extra mouthwash (honestly, she bought these extra items except for the toothbrushes so I wouldn't have to keep bringing them with me every weekend -- as she probably would have bought the toothbrushes as well if I didn't already have the spares) at her place. So really not that big of a step.
I keep hearing it's different for girls because we tend to be less territorial whereas guys and their commitment phobia can create a few problems when it comes to moving things in

Old 04-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

Holy crap, tonight and last night were early enough nights at work that I am managing to get the last bus to Jersey. I haven't been back to the Heights since Saturday. Definitely glad I brought some stuff with me over the weekend.
I made my icon.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:18 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Hey my peeps

I have been under the weather and also suffering a bit of a long distance blues but I'm back to bug you all

How's everyone been doing? Anyone recuperating from massive Easter chocolate overdose?

I keep hearing it's different for girls because we tend to be less territorial whereas guys and their commitment phobia can create a few problems when it comes to moving things in
Hehe, then Jos and I must be quite girly, because we had no issues at all But I do agree that it's harder for most men to move in or let someone move in than it seems for girls. Most men feel like they are giving up their freedom when someone moves in....

Easter was nice. We had a big brunch with Jos' family. Tasty food (all you can eat buffet) and the conversations were nice aswell. For once we were in the central with our engagement news and our rings It lasted only 3 hours, but I was pretty tired after that, so we had a quiet couple of days after that.

I am in the market for a new phone. God, it's so hard deciding. I don't want a phone with a subscription anymore, because it always costs more. Instead I am going to buy a device without a sim-lock and get a subscription on its own, if that makes sense. Jos did the same and it's way cheaper.

Thing is...I am having doubts between two phones honestly. iPhone 6 plus (I already have an iPad and very happy with it, but never had an iPhone, because they are so expensive), and the Samsung Note 4. Both get awesome reviews and it seems like they can both do the same, so I will probably go with the Samsung, but I am getting a bit tired of Android and I actually prefer the Apple interface. But spend 200 euro more, just because of the interface?
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
My friend found on her fb page a photo from two years ago from the exact same day and it was WAY WORSE
I know But I got caught up in a hailstorm last Tuesday and then the next day had to cancel dinner plans because it was too awful to drag my ass to Katowice

Quote:
tell me about it. People died just so I could vote and the only reason I'm dragging my ass to the voting booth is that the Front National still exists
Yeah, I have my 'favourite' party as well, so I'm never giving up voting as long as they have a real chance of winning.

Quote:
still too many consonants in a row for my soft Western European mouth to wrap around :p
yep, try this one:

Quote:
I didn't overeat this year, weird

Quote:
I'm not sure I posted that before (because Karen Olivo is in it) but he's also a musical fan (he was a musical theatre and English major in college) so the Easter Bonnet performances were always interesting and I think you know where that one comes from
Awesome
Old 04-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

I have a cold and I found I was completely unable to use my voice this morning when I woke up so I basically did my classes in sign language today

And Archie left the building last day for Kalinda. What a sad sad day for TGW

Quote:
Hehe, then Jos and I must be quite girly, because we had no issues at all
men who are not afraid of commitment should rule the world

Quote:
Most men feel like they are giving up their freedom when someone moves in....
Or losing the opportunity to score with other people

Quote:
Easter was nice. We had a big brunch with Jos' family. Tasty food (all you can eat buffet) and the conversations were nice aswell. For once we were in the central with our engagement news and our rings
Haha I bet! Doesn't happen every day

Quote:
Instead I am going to buy a device without a sim-lock and get a subscription on its own, if that makes sense. Jos did the same and it's way cheaper.
Yeah it used to be that you could get good phones for less money from providers but now they make deals with manufacturers and it's often the other way around.

Quote:
iPhone 6 plus (I already have an iPad and very happy with it, but never had an iPhone, because they are so expensive), and the Samsung Note 4. Both get awesome reviews and it seems like they can both do the same, so I will probably go with the Samsung, but I am getting a bit tired of Android and I actually prefer the Apple interface.
Down with the Apple!
Besides Iphones are on their way out. They're too expensive and they're getting eaten by Samsung and android phones so you should get a phone that will still get support in a year or two. I have a Samsung Galaxy and it's been flawless. Also it's built for stunts I keep dropping it and it doesn't have a mark on it.

Quote:
I know But I got caught up in a hailstorm last Tuesday
Holy Molly! And I thought it was bad here!

Quote:
Yeah, I have my 'favourite' party as well, so I'm never giving up voting as long as they have a real chance of winning.
It's kinda scary when you see how that keeps happening everywhere. It's like nobody gives a **** anymore except the crazies so statistically, they slowly get the most votes.

Quote:
yep, try this one:
I'm technically mute today but I'll definitely do that as soon as I get my voice back

Quote:
I didn't overeat this year, weird
Whuuuuuuuut?? It's like Kiki not overdrinking on July 4th or something!

Quote:
Awesome
I know, right? The next year, they did Fiddler on the Roof (and he actually organized a flashmob for his wife on their wedding day using Broadway songs so he's a cool kid)

Last edited by Gelfling; 04-08-2015 at 06:30 PM
Old 04-10-2015, 07:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And Archie left the building last day for Kalinda. What a sad sad day for TGW
A very very sad day. The essence of this show is dead, I mean it has been for a while. It just feels more real now.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
A very very sad day. The essence of this show is dead, I mean it has been for a while. It just feels more real now.
I know, right? It's like it's getting colder and more distant from the sun.
Thank the Gods for Diane but I don't know what she'll be able to do since we don't even know what her part will be next season.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Master Fan

Dang. Tonight is the first night since Saturday where I won't be falling asleep next to the girlfriend. Quite unfortunate.
I made my icon.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Dang. Tonight is the first night since Saturday where I won't be falling asleep next to the girlfriend. Quite unfortunate.
I know the feeling. I'm back to falling asleep alone and I keep waking up because it doesn't feel right.

You'll be seeing each other this weekend though, no?

Old 04-10-2015, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Just on Sunday and before she goes to work Monday morning. She has her monthly chiropractor visit tomorrow, so she's down at her parents' house (chiropractor is close to her parents' house, which is about an hour from her apartment) and on Sunday, there's her monthly anime convention prep meeting in the afternoon, so I'll be keeping myself busy
Saturday with games with the GGNY crowd in the afternoon and live music with one of my favourite bands in the evening at a dive bar in the LES.
I made my icon.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

I know I'm saying this because I'm damn greedy but I'd take one night a week gladly

I just can't sleep tonight, I feel lonely

On the positive side: one week to Orphan Black. Yes, I'm using tv addiction to help but hey, at least it's not sweets!

Old 04-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

We got too damn spoiled with work being so light this week for me so I was able to catch the last bus out of the city every night I was working. (I didn't work last night, so the whole day was in Jersey.)

Saw the new Cosima poster on my walk to work tonight. I think I saw the Sarah one on my walk Wednesday.
I made my icon.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We got too damn spoiled with work being so light this week for me so I was able to catch the last bus out of the city every night I was working. (I didn't work last night, so the whole day was in Jersey.)
Yeah it's easy to get spoiled when you're with the one you love. As long as you never take her for granted though, it's alright

Quote:
Saw the new Cosima poster on my walk to work tonight. I think I saw the Sarah one on my walk Wednesday.
Aaaaarrrrgh! I feel so disconnected! You'd think that with the web, it's easier but it's not. It's going to be the same when the Xfiles start again!

saying that I know I'm being dramatic because the Xfiles was my first online fandom (hell, the web was an infant!) and all we had was irc chats and BBS and it took hoooooooours to download episodes and yet it was glorious but I guess the immediacy of the web and social media makes me feel out of the loop not being able to watch live