Thanks for the new thread, Ms. Fluff!
I made my icon.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Glad you did.
I thought you'd be around

Quote:
If I thought I could get ready for the afternoon trivia in time, I would, but that's probably not going to happen.
Yeah rushing to fun things cuts down on the fun

Quote:
My basil isn't whole (couldn't find it in the store I was at), I got both the basil and garlic minced and in olive oil already.
Good the best way to go is some kind of pesto if you can't find basil. Rare are the recipes that call for basil and can't accommodate olive oil and garlic

Quote:
Mmm chili. I had a good recipe for a Hmong chili a few years back, I adapted it so it was pescatarian-friendly. (Veggie burgers instead of ground meat. There was fish sauce in it. That's why it wasn't fully vegetarian.)
mmmm that sounds really interesting! I do have to admit to an umami craving and fish sauce hits all the right spots

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 08-15-2014, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
mmmm that sounds really interesting!
I'll send ya the recipe when I get home, it's deep in an old e-mail account. I made it for Dad (& Mom-Mom) once in Florida and they really liked it, too. Last time I made it was probably late 2012/early 2013. I remember making it with Jeanne (we usually eat out, but there was one time when she made us dinner at her apartment and one time when I made her dinner at my place when I was in Albany) and then freezing the leftovers.
Quote:
the best way to go is some kind of pesto if you can't find basil.
Good to know!
Quote:
rushing to fun things cuts down on the fun
Oh yeah.
Quote:
I thought you'd be around
lol.
I made my icon.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'll send ya the recipe when I get home
I'd love it! I'm always curious about different takes and I have so much to learn about Asian cooking! It's very vast and it has so many flavors

Quote:
I remember making it with Jeanne (we usually eat out, but there was one time when she made us dinner at her apartment and one time when I made her dinner at my place when I was in Albany) and then freezing the leftovers.
I'm working on getting a freezer because it's so convenient!

Oh and since we're speaking of Jill Sobule, I recently learned she was in a long time relationship with Kim Dickens, who is amazing so I guess she also has good tastes

And now I should go back to bed or Ness will wake up and take my tablet away

Goodnight Gaby and get some rest too!

Old 08-15-2014, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'd love it! I'm always curious about different takes and I have so much to learn about Asian cooking! It's very vast and it has so many flavors
Cool
Quote:
I'm working on getting a freezer because it's so convenient!
Yes!
Quote:
Oh and since we're speaking of Jill Sobule, I recently learned she was in a long time relationship with Kim Dickens, who is amazing so I guess she also has good tastes
I don't know who Kim Dickens is.
Quote:
Goodnight Gaby and get some rest too!
I will, when I get home in 3 hours.

Take care, Fluff!
I made my icon.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
yeah so much for my 4am resolution eh?

Quote:
it takes you a week of vacations to relax from your work stress and an hour of work is enough to erase a week of vacations
Words of wisdom

Quote:
unless it's a private beach but there's still sand
Ah so sand is the problem?

Quote:
I really like amber and natural gemstones like amethyst etc. I know it's crazy but I prefer that to gold or diamonds.
same!!Amethyst is one of my faves too,I also love coral There's a big exhibition of minerals and jewelry here twice a year,I always go there

Quote:
when do you start??
I'm starting formation in September With one of my best friends at work,so I'm really happy about it

I read all of your talk about food and now I'm just
Old 08-17-2014, 07:45 PM
Elite Fan

And lots of love, Kickster! And remember you're not old, you're just vintage!

Thanks for the recipe, Gaby! My email has been bugging me this weekend so I couldn't reply to say thanks How was the singalong?

Quote:
I don't know who Kim Dickens is.
Kim Dickens - IMDB
She's an indie actress who's done quite a lot of tv at this point. She's probably most known to mainstream audiences for a famous love affair with Calamity Jane in Deadwood, and more prosaically for Friday Night Lights and Lost. She was recently in Treme (although ironically her character was in NYC in the episode where Jill was in the show )

Quote:
Words of wisdom
I have no idea where they came from really
Lack of sleep makes me wax poetic or philosophical depending on how much sleep I've had

Quote:
Ah so sand is the problem?
On the spot, in the moment, no. 2 weeks later when I still find it in my ears, towels, shoes etc... yes!

Quote:
same!!Amethyst is one of my faves too,I also love coral There's a big exhibition of minerals and jewelry here twice a year,I always go there
awww I love that! There used to be one in my hometown pretty regularly but since I've moved to Paris... I guess Paris is all about diamonds and Art with a capital A.

Quote:
I'm starting formation in September With one of my best friends at work,so I'm really happy about it
Back to school with a friend! Sounds like fun
How long before you're done with the formation? (you haven't started yet and I'm already asking about the end )

Quote:
I read all of your talk about food and now I'm just
Heh good! That's a much better reaction than "" even if you don't cook. Though I don't know if you don't. I mean people in general

Last edited by Gelfling; 08-17-2014 at 07:59 PM
Old 08-17-2014, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

I made the avocado pasta for dinner tonight along with some minestrone soup (just warmed a can of Amy's). So good!

Anyway, had a great time at the Buffy Singalong. Stayed at the after party for about 4 hours, after about 2 hours, I joined some of the cast to go to this Thai place to get some takeout to bring back to the bar. Anyway, it was lots of fun and they were so welcoming. I'm looking forward to attending more of their events in the future. Next up is Geek Trivia at the LGBT Community Center in about a month (it's always 2nd Sunday). It was also great to know that some of the people live in my neighbourhood

Edit: Haha, just saw your post, Fluff. Saw you post on other threads, so figured you'd come here sooner or later, so we were writing at the same time Thanks for the link to Kim's IMDb -- I've seen her in FNL and White Collar if not other things. And you're welcome for the recipe
I made my icon.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I made the avocado pasta for dinner tonight along with some minestrone soup (just warmed a can of Amy's). So good!
I'm putting it in my to-do list for the week!

Quote:
Anyway, had a great time at the Buffy Singalong. Stayed at the after party for about 4 hours, after about 2 hours, I joined some of the cast to go to this Thai place to get some takeout to bring back to the bar. Anyway, it was lots of fun and they were so welcoming.
Sounds awesome! I'm glad you had a good time and made new friends
Quote:
I'm looking forward to attending more of their events in the future. Next up is Geek Trivia at the LGBT Community Center in about a month (it's always 2nd Sunday). It was also great to know that some of the people live in my neighbourhood
Heh Geek trivia! My raison d'ĂȘtre!

Quote:
Edit: Haha, just saw your post, Fluff. Saw you post on other threads, so figured you'd come here sooner or later, so we were writing at the same time
yeah we got our wires crossed, it happens

Quote:
Thanks for the link to Kim's IMDb -- I've seen her in FNL and White Collar if not other things.
Yeah she's been around for a while and has done a lot. I really like her and even though she has played lady loving parts before and she was kinda pinging the ole gaydar I only recently learned she was with Jill. They are keeping it very low profile, which I get because who needs media attention on their private life?

Quote:
And you're welcome for the recipe
Sounds delicious! And I just acquired a book on Hmong cooking because I know nothing about it so it's great timing too
And now I owe you a recipe or two.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I'm putting it in my to-do list for the week!
Sweet!
Quote:
Sounds awesome! I'm glad you had a good time and made new friends
Yep Btw, Buffy was a drag queen. The woman who was Anya said she wants to be butch lesbian Spike next year, which sounds amazing. Maybe the whole thing will be genderswapped.
Quote:
Heh Geek trivia! My raison d'ĂȘtre!
Hehehe.
Quote:
yeah we got our wires crossed, it happens
Yep.
Quote:
Yeah she's been around for a while and has done a lot. I really like her and even though she has played lady loving parts before and she was kinda pinging the ole gaydar I only recently learned she was with Jill. They are keeping it very low profile, which I get because who needs media attention on their private life?
Cool
Quote:
Sounds delicious! And I just acquired a book on Hmong cooking because I know nothing about it so it's great timing too
I remember it being quite delicious.
Quote:
And now I owe you a recipe or two.
You do! You're the cook here, why am I the first to give you recipes? hahaha.

BTW, I'm watching Broadchurch at the moment. Just finished episode 6, so two episodes left.
I made my icon.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yep Btw, Buffy was a drag queen. The woman who was Anya said she wants to be butch lesbian Spike next year, which sounds amazing. Maybe the whole thing will be genderswapped.
Hahah! That sounds like a great idea! And if any show got the best of (and played off) gender stereotypes (especially in the genre), that's Buffy! So that would be just perfect!

Quote:
You do! You're the cook here, why am I the first to give you recipes? hahaha.
because I'm a lazy cook and I have to type them. J keeps telling me I should have all my recipes in a book somewhere but they're mostly in my head unless I use them for class.

Quote:
BTW, I'm watching Broadchurch at the moment. Just finished episode 6, so two episodes left.
I have yet to try it!

ETA: I'm actually sleepy so I'm going to bed before I wake up. Goodnight Gaby

Last edited by Gelfling; 08-17-2014 at 08:28 PM
Old 08-18-2014, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww thank you guys for the birthday wishes And the thread title love you all!!

Quote:
you're not old, you're just vintage!
Well I love looking it this way

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 08-18-2014, 09:52 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww thank you guys for the birthday wishes And the thread title love you all!!

Well I love looking it this way
A while too late, but I was busy for a few days. Congrats!!

Hope everyone is okay!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm late too,but I wish you all the best Kiki! Have a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
On the spot, in the moment, no. 2 weeks later when I still find it in my ears, towels, shoes
Yeah,I know something about it too

Quote:
I guess Paris is all about diamonds and Art with a capital A.
Oh that's a shame Here you can always find something original and not expensive.

Quote:
Back to school with a friend! Sounds like fun
Actually,she's the one who will teach me

Quote:
you haven't started yet and I'm already asking about the end
I guess it will take a month or so,I'm not sure yet.

[QUOTE]That's a much better reaction than "" even if you don't cook. ]/QUOTE]

Talk about food ? Never

Quote:
Though I don't know if you don't. I mean people in general
I do,sometimes,but I'm not good at it