Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-12-2018, 02:25 AM
Elite Fan

Closure Notice - My time with you as your friend was the best I ever had... and I'm not sorry

This is it, friends. You all know we've been struggling to meet the daily requirements from and it's just time to say goodbye to the board.
I have been putting this off way longer than I should have because the board means so much to me but I will cherish the memories and the friends I made along the way and just say goodbye to the place.

I've loved every single day of my time in this community, posting and then moderating.
When I say the board changed my life, I do not say it lightly. It changed me in many ways. It made me more open to others. It made me a better person.
I have laughed, cried, shared thoughts and opinions, respectfully argued to hell and back with other opinionated smartasses, but most of all, I made real friends, met amazing people, and found true love.

This community, this little board, literally changed my life. Without it, and this little show, I would never have met my soulmate and it's a big thing for a little place like ours.

So with that in mind, I would like to thank all the posters, past and present, and the mods who came before me, or modded with me.

I would especially like to thank the Gilmore Girls community, and the Matt Czuchry fans (especially Mel, Carmen, Karen and Jess) and the ER/JM fans (especially Stephen, Es and Ju) who campaigned so hard for the board to exist in the first place, as well as Jerry and the admins. Without you, my life would be very different today.

I should also thank the Kings, CBS for The Good Wife and the lovely and talented Archie Panjabi for making it impossible for me *not* to google for a place to discuss the show. And Fate for leading me to

And last, but certainly not least, I would like to thank all of you who made our little board live and resonate with laughter, tears and cries of joy, frustration, sheer madness and exultation, and who shared your love for a little show, a little bit of your life, and a piece of your heart.

My ladybug, Miss Femina. You painted colors on my life and your love keeps me going.

Ingmar, Mel, ERussia, Kate, Ty, Aga, I could never have gone that far without you

Lily, Kiki, you kept me coming back and made me laugh til I cried on many many sleepless nights.

Laila, Shama, Marie, Caro, Euge, Anna, Nanda, Boots, Sabrina, Nessa, Elie, Gabby, Mare, Maria, Brooke, Uzzy, Rian, Ana Banana, ylana, Chrissy, Rye, Barbara, you made this place a home to come to as the end of long days.

There were so many of you and I know I'm forgetting people I should mention so please forgive me. Just know that if my brain is suffering a momentary lapse, my heart knows who you are.

So here's to absent friends, and the ones who are here today

We will see each other around (remember the Television board ) and if you feel nostalgic, you can revisit the TGW board after Sunday in the Fanforum Archive
and if you ever need a friend, you can drop me a PM, as always.

Fluff

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Last edited by Gelfling; 01-13-2018 at 11:44 PM
Old 01-12-2018, 05:43 AM
Supreme Fan

Sad to see the board go, but it was a long time coming. I'm glad that I found this place back when TGW was airing S4/5. It's one of my two favorite boards here ever, so I'll miss it. Thankfully we can continue elsewhere.

Thank you for everything you did Carla, it was a blast posting with you (and others!).
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for sticking with me to the end, Ingmar

Old 01-12-2018, 07:50 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks to you, Gelfling.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the beautiful words, Carla, it was great to be a part of this community, and I wish everyone the very best!

Hope to see you in the Television board (we always say that's where we'll go after a board closes, but no one ever does, not for more than a week, I hope that's not the case here )
Old 01-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Ty

Quote:
Thank you for the beautiful words, Carla, it was great to be a part of this community, and I wish everyone the very best!
We had great times, haven't we?

Quote:
Hope to see you in the Television board (we always say that's where we'll go after a board closes, but no one ever does, not for more than a week, I hope that's not the case here )
Well you can count on me. I would miss my peeps too much and I need a place to discuss tv or I can actually blow up so see you there

Old 01-12-2018, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay, we could revive the OB thread, it's been dead forever

Quote:
We had great times, haven't we?
We did

And I'm SO happy to read you found your soulmate here, that's amazing, a real life ship!
Old 01-13-2018, 12:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yay, we could revive the OB thread, it's been dead forever
With great pleasure. I need a rewatch!

Quote:
And I'm SO happy to read you found your soulmate here, that's amazing, a real life ship!
When I think about the odds we were up against, it makes my head spin
Just for both of us, in different countries, neither being a native English speaker, to find each other on for this little show (thanks to Archie and Kalinda I might add) was nothing short of miraculous. I feel like I won the cosmic lottery and I thank the Gods (and the Kings ) every day

Old 01-13-2018, 04:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
With great pleasure. I need a rewatch!

When I think about the odds we were up against, it makes my head spin
Just for both of us, in different countries, neither being a native English speaker, to find each other on for this little show (thanks to Archie and Kalinda I might add) was nothing short of miraculous. I feel like I won the cosmic lottery and I thank the Gods (and the Kings ) every day
Love stories like that make me smile ^^ Doesn't happen really often. I already praise myself lucky with finding Jos using a dating site (he was the first who sent me a message ), but your story is so rare and unique. Glad you found one another
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Love stories like that make me smile ^^ Doesn't happen really often. I already praise myself lucky with finding Jos using a dating site (he was the first who sent me a message ), but your story is so rare and unique. Glad you found one another
Wow, this board really was special, I had no idea it we had a great love story here! I'm glad that you found each other.

I'm just sorry that I didn't start posting earlier, so I could get to know all of you better. See you soo on other boards I hope
Old 01-13-2018, 03:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Love stories like that make me smile ^^ Doesn't happen really often
I know, right? When I think of all the things that had to happen in just the right way for us to meet here, it makes me believe in Fate.

Quote:
I already praise myself lucky with finding Jos using a dating site (he was the first who sent me a message )
See? Fate and I'm glad you found each other too.

Quote:
I'm just sorry that I didn't start posting earlier, so I could get to know all of you better. See you soo on other boards I hope
We were glad to have you around. I'm sure we'll see each other around

Old 01-13-2018, 06:04 PM
Addicted Fan

So here it is! The final call....

It's been a long time since I last came here. Essentially because the show ended up losing almost everything I liked about it. And what was kept (Christine Baranski) wasn't enough for me to hold the commitment I once had to this board.

Also the people I met here, with whom I had/have a bigger connection, I more or less keep in touch through other means.

However, because this board brought me the Unthinkable, the Impossible, I felt I needed to come here in these final moments to express my deeply appreciation. To be honest I thought it would be easier to come here and say goodbye. I was wrong.

For months on end, on a daily basis, I was a constant presence on this board. Yes it was the show that brought me here. Well to be honest, Kalinda Sharma and Archie Panjabi brought me here! But what kept me, were the people who participated in it. The discussions we had, countless times well beyond and above the show.

From the characters threads, to the relationship ones, the Game threads (which have always fuelled my competitive spirit! Can I be named Queen of the Hangman???? Can I????!!!!! ), to my precious Music Thread, the fun moments were many, with lots and lots of interesting debates and serious discussion, exchanging different opinions and theories, that led us much beyond the simple and average appreciation for a television show.

I will forever be grateful to Archie for creating and giving life to Kalinda and ofc to , for giving me the chance to meet my ONE, my Soulmate. Someone I thought only existed in my head, or in my writings as a dreamer, where I once described what my ideal person would be like. And day by day, week by week, month by month, the ideal person proved to be real, and the impossible love, actually came true!

Although many have been here, with more or less participation, there was someone who made this board a place I wanted to be and something I wanted to take part in. Someone who kept it alive, a fun place to be: the Best Moderator any forum can have: Fluff (Gelfling)! She gave the best of herself, her great sense of humour, her fairness, her kindness, her empathy and her persistence.

Best of all?? I can keep the moderator to whom I can call My Fluff! (Apologies to all of you who can't say the same )

Last edited by Gelfling; 01-13-2018 at 11:20 PM
Old 01-13-2018, 06:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So here it is! The final call....
There she is!

Quote:
Also the people I met here, with whom I had/have a bigger connection, I more or less keep in touch through other means.
I can testify to that

Oh and before I forget

Quote:
(which have always fuelled my competitive spirit! Can I be named Queen of the Hangman???? Can I????!!!!! )
Anything for you, my Queen. By the powers (still) vested in me, I hereby name you Queen of the Hangman

Quote:
However, because this board brought me the Unthinkable, the Impossible, I felt I needed to come here in these final moments to express my deeply appreciation. To be honest I thought it would be easier to come here and say goodbye. I was wrong.
Aww babe we'll always have Paris (that was my best Humphrey Bogart impression and you missed it because I'll never do it again)

Quote:
I will forever be grateful to Archie for creating and giving life to Kalinda and ofc to , for giving me the chance to meet my ONE, my Soulmate. Someone I thought only existed in my head, or in my writings as a dreamer, where I once described what my ideal person would be like. And day by day, week by week, month by month, the ideal person proved to be real, and the impossible love, actually came true!
Now my eyes are getting blurry again. Who's crying? I'm not crying

Quote:
Although many have been here, with more or less participation, there was someone who made this board a place I wanted to be and something I wanted to take part in. Someone who kept it alive, a fun place to be: the Best Moderator any forum can have: Fluff (Gelfling)! She gave the best of herself, her great sense of humour, her fairness, her kindness, her empathy and her persistence.
Although I would never insult your prized objectivity, I suspect a bit of a bias there but I'm still blurry eyed so I will not say anything...

Quote:
Best of all?? I can keep the moderator to whom I can call My Fluff!
That, I am, my love.

I love you my ladybug

Last edited by Gelfling; 01-13-2018 at 11:24 PM