Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Kalinda and Cary lacked a lot of things. I just wish Kalinda could've gotten her crap together and realized that Cary was really in love with her.
so? She wasn't in love with him. He was in love with her so she was supposed to marry him for the honor?

Quote:
The silly writers just didn't want to tell the story.
Because it made no sense. Spaghetti and Hydrogen was fun. Lovey Dovey made no sense. Cary deserved someone who would take him seriously. She never did. And she deserved someone who could break through the shell. Cary couldn't.

Quote:
But I'm not sure if I wanted them to be a couple really. Just maybe bed buddies and just have each others back.
That's the one story they could have written. But for some reason they didn't. They just kept them around to get a "hot kiss" they could just edit into a trailer from time to time when their key demos were dipping low

Quote:
Does she want to just sleep around with women or does she want to be with one man?
Why does it have to be a choice between ****ting around with women or belonging to one man?
Kalinda is bisexual. Her interest in men and women was the same. Fun. She could have met someone who changed that and took it deeper but obviously she never did.

Quote:
At her age, I thought she would have had the men/women thing figured out. She didn't have anyone to answer to, other then herself.
Thank you! I take a certain offense to the assumption that she somehow was going through a phase or that she was just having sex with women while secretly waiting for some guy to sweep her off her feet

Quote:
I still go back to the writers not wanting to commit to one thing. They just wrote whatever, whenever. Just a plot point or time filler.
The problem is that the writers who took Kalinda seriously left at the end of season 2. The Kings were never interested and used her for demo bait whenever sweeps were on. Either with Cary or Recurring Lady of the year.

Season 1 Cary and Kalinda I miss that. They were fun and nobody was getting hurt, or melodramatic, or presumptuous.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 11-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
so? She wasn't in love with him. He was in love with her so she was supposed to marry him for the honor?
I never mentioned marriage! But I would like to see Kalinda actually admit feelings for Cary, even if it was just a "i like you" or something. Just something that gives Kalinda a bit more feeling and commitment and her not running from one bed to another.

Quote:
Cary deserved someone who would take him seriously. She never did. And she deserved someone who could break through the shell. Cary couldn't.
Cary given a good enough storyline to make him want to fight. Kalinda just always being around, Cary didn't have to feel to fight for her, he was more waiting for her. Kalinda wasn't one who wanted anyone waiting for her, she wanted someone to fight for her, to know that she can depend on someone. Loyalty is very important to Kalinda.

Quote:
or that she was just having sex with women while secretly waiting for some guy to sweep her off her feet
Kalinda was not a woman to be swept off her feet.

Quote:
The problem is that the writers who took Kalinda seriously left at the end of season 2. The Kings were never interested and used her for demo bait whenever sweeps were on. Either with Cary or Recurring Lady of the year.
Then why keep her, let Archie go if they just use her for screen time and not anything stable.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I never mentioned marriage!
I was being hyperbolic because it all seems very archaic to me

Quote:
But I would like to see Kalinda actually admit feelings for Cary, even if it was just a "i like you" or something.
If she didn't like him, she wouldn't even bother having him in her life. She doesn't love him though. And considering it's easy to see he has or had feelings for her (minus certain episodes that make me want to punch him but it's the RK episodes), she should have cut him loose a long time ago.

Quote:
Just something that gives Kalinda a bit more feeling and commitment and her not running from one bed to another.
Why with him though? I think she definitely opened up to Lana more than she ever did with Cary. She's not a less viable candidate for that just because she's a woman.

Quote:
Kalinda wasn't one who wanted anyone waiting for her, she wanted someone to fight for her, to know that she can depend on someone.
I don't think Kalinda expects anyone to fight for her. She's too independent for that. I think it was just that they are too different, if only because Cary needs people and wants to be needed and Kalinda is trying to avoid people being too emotionally dependent on her.

Quote:
Loyalty is very important to Kalinda.
definitely but then she did use Cary many times so I guess it's not always important

Quote:
Kalinda was not a woman to be swept off her feet.
Nope.

Quote:
Then why keep her, let Archie go if they just use her for screen time and not anything stable
She generated a lot of media coverage from season 1 forward. And they needed that. They did the best they could, I think, to minimize it and try to get rid of her without losing too much of that but it didn't work. Also, she had a contract and they didn't have a good reason to end it

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"