Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

I mostly disliked Kalinda's face, she looked so rattled, and scared
Not really sure what she was feeling? it was like she was in "alternative" world. Like she needed that information from Cary, she looked spooked!

I truly wonder where they go from here? cause we know from recently that K does not really do love or intimacy so what gives now?

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But that Cary kisses her after she says she wants normal? That's just plain weird. Like... who does that?!
Yeah my point exactly. I don't mind these two and I liked the way Matt played it (not really the big smug smile though) but it was clumsy. Made it look like it was a statement about her sexuality. Lana=not normal. Cary=normal. That was icky.

Also I dislike the word "normal" and the general concept of normality.

Quote:
Well they don't have a lot of choices The cool younger characters are Cary, Kalinda, Becca.
I told Kiki last night. Who's up next for some Kalinda making out? Zach?

Quote:
I mostly disliked Kalinda's face, she looked so rattled, and scared
After? She didn't look like she was basking in the after-effect, did she?
Maybe she was thinking "nope, nothing there... damn... maybe normal's just not for me"

Quote:
cause we know from recently that K does not really do love or intimacy so what gives now?
They are making royal hay out of it though. Let's just hope it will only last until the next episode to get some hype going and they are not seriously considering it.

I feel somewhat reassured by Archie's recent comments about love and Kalinda and the fact that Kalinda didn't invite him up

It would just piss me off if they keep it up that way. It felt out of character, especially after she tells him "I like you but...", he kisses her? Come on, dude.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
After? She didn't look like she was basking in the after-effect, did she?
both before and After, is like she really was not there. She was thinking of something else, like how the heck and I am going to deal with this **** now!

Quote:
Maybe she was thinking "nope, nothing there... damn... maybe normal's just not for me"
Maybe, cause she was definitely had this look her in face, of like "what do I do no" I think there next interaction is what really is going to be telling about the C/K relationship moving forward?

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
She was thinking of something else, like how the heck and I am going to deal with this **** now!
Yeah. Rewatching again, and recovering from my initial "oh ****, they are really going for this crap, aren't they?" reaction I agree with you there. She looks like she's thinking more "oh hell, how am I going out of this without screwing myself up?" than "oh how sweet, I'm so into him"

Quote:
I think there next interaction is what really is going to be telling about the C/K relationship moving forward?
I don't see it. Honestly, it would be betraying the character on so many levels, I shudder to think they would actually go for it. But then again, she wasn't exactly falling head over heels.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I don't see it. Honestly, it would be betraying the character on so many levels, I shudder to think they would actually go for it. But then again, she wasn't exactly falling head over heels.
Yea, when I say "relationship" I do not mean romantically, I mean their relationship in general, the friendship, you know! what happens now? Cause I agree, I do not think they will go down the romantic route, so if they do not, how would the dynamic between C/K change?

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I truly wonder where they go from here? cause we know from recently that K does not really do love or intimacy so what gives now?
She felt fat Like you said, I don't think they're going to keep talking about it on the show or make a big deal out of it. I wonder how she's going to react when she wakes up from the daze and the threat of her husband or whatever is gone. I'm praying they don't make this the life changing moment from which she sets her path to becoming a normal person

Quote:
Made it look like it was a statement about her sexuality. Lana=not normal. Cary=normal.
Well, I don't think that was it. I think she wasn't scared yet when she had that moment with Lana, and she's closer to Cary so the obvious choice would be him. Besides, not to make her look bad, but would Lana still like Kalinda when she's not all playful or whatever?
Although I'm disappointed they couldn't use Alicia, Cary was the best choice in my opinion. I just think that for him, kissing her was to make her feel better in a way she'd understand and wouldn't reject. And also, to share that he's there, and that's the "normal" I saw, her having someone, despite that at the moment he can't really do much to help her.
What bothered me was that she barely looked present and he basically went and kissed her just because he could.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I do not mean romantically, I mean their relationship in general, the friendship, you know! what happens now?
Oh, ok, got it. I think it won't change things as they are now. I don't think Cary will be rebuffed and act like a jerk if that's what you're afraid of. Hopefully it will be like it never happened because I like their dynamic too much to see them going all cute and fluffy (no pun intended ) now.

Quote:
She felt fat
yeah all insecure, poor thing, she had to run into the nearest guy's arms for reassurance

Quote:
I'm praying they don't make this the life changing moment from which she sets her path to becoming a normal person
You know, I don't think so. It would be a betrayal of the character and they have enough "normal" characters already. Like I was saying in the K thread, I think she would like to be like everyone else but that ship has sailed and going through the motions of normality won't get her there.

I think/hope that's where they are going with this. It just was a little clumsy the way they did it. But they were obviously looking to excite the little girls I don't mind as long as they remain true to the character in the end.

Now let's wait for the buttload of Gilmore Girls fanfics with "Logan"changed to "Cary" and "Rory" to "Kalinda"

Quote:
Besides, not to make her look bad, but would Lana still like Kalinda when she's not all playful or whatever?
I don't know. I think she asked her if she wanted intimacy because she's trying to find an angle to get closer to her. She obviously likes the chase but she wants something more at this point. And she reminded me a little of Burton, reassurring Kalinda that she wasn't after love, just intimacy was fine.
her reaction after Kalinda tells her "no luck" (although she was interrupted by the phone) looks more like "hm... bummer" than relief.

Quote:
I just think that for him, kissing her was to make her feel better in a way she'd understand and wouldn't reject.
Maybe. I still think kissing her in the middle of that conversation was awkward. Oh btw, you're about to get indicted, can't tell you more... you want to be normal? how about I stick my tongue in your mouth, that's normal, right?

Also the "welcome back to normal"? what kind of line is that? wth does that even mean?

Quote:
What bothered me was that she barely looked present and he basically went and kissed her just because he could.
Yeah she didn't stop him but she wasn't really into it. It made it feel off, I agree. I know he wasn't using the moment to make a move or anything but it looked like he was... cause she gave him her address so he's entitled, right?

Thank God Alicia didn't feel that way

Old 03-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I just think that for him, kissing her was to make her feel better in a way she'd understand and wouldn't reject. And also, to share that he's there, and that's the "normal" I saw, her having someone, despite that at the moment he can't really do much to help her.
Yup that's how I saw it too. Not romantic, more reassuring and sweet-intentioned. Although I don't think K felt particularly reassured

Quote:
Also the "welcome back to normal"? what kind of line is that? wth does that even mean?
Sounds like something from CSI right before The Who starts blaring and that dude puts on his sunglasses
Old 03-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sounds like something from CSI right before The Who starts blaring and that dude puts on his sunglasses

Quote:
Although I don't think K felt particularly reassured
I think she was even more worried after

Old 03-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't think Cary will be rebuffed and act like a jerk
Think she's going to thank him?

Quote:
I think she would like to be like everyone else but that ship has sailed and going through the motions of normality won't get her there
Then why does she look down on them? I think she likes not being normal in a way. But who knows, now that she has a new address and two friends maybe she thinks she can start anew This is getting me worried! I don't want to see her crash and burn

Quote:
Now let's wait for the buttload of Gilmore Girls fanfics with "Logan"changed to "Cary" and "Rory" to "Kalinda"
Well, if they're having fun... I'd never read those though.

Quote:
how about I stick my tongue in your mouth, that's normal, right?
No talk of his body parts in her body parts please
He thinks he's bringin it but yeah, that scene wasn't done well at all. It could have been like a farewell kiss but somehow I have a feeling they'll meet again

Quote:
I think she was even more worried after
Why would she be?
Old 03-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirani (View Post)
Why would she be?
Maybe cause she's thinking, I do not have the name of the witnesses. And now I have to deal with this kiss, and it could be messy I think K really likes Cary as a friend and does not want to loose him, so maybe she does not want this kiss to make things awkward.

Quote:
Yea, is like she was not really there. Just compare that kiss to the Burton kiss, the Donna kiss....

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And now I have to deal with this kiss, and it could be messy
Mmh, I doubt she feels concerned about that, especially when her life is in danger I thought it was pretty clear that there was nothing more to the kiss than just a one time thing or that there was nothing more expected. But maybe it's just me being naive

Quote:
Just compare that kiss to the Burton kiss, the Donna kiss
Yup, it's not the same feeling at all. The Donna kiss doesn't compare, it was out of this world
Old 03-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I thought it was pretty clear that there was nothing more to the kiss than just a one time thing or that there was nothing more expecte
Yes! after my shock of the kiss, which I thought was sweet, my other thought was, that it seem like a one time thing. It was so sweet that it was almost friendly? but maybe thats cause I'm weird. But I do agree, it did not seem like more was going to happen after that. But who knows...could be.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Think she's going to thank him?
I don't know how she's going to react honestly. I'm not 100% sure the writers knew when they wrote that scene either.

Quote:
This is getting me worried! I don't want to see her crash and burn
You and I both. I like the character exploration and the fact they are trying to put her in unusual circumstances to see how she's going to react but if the point is to turn her into "the girlfriend with issues"... not sure how I feel about that.

Quote:
Then why does she look down on them? I think she likes not being normal in a way
I think she's not really sure what she wants. She is in a situation where she knows she could use the help of the people who care for her but she has a nasty habit of burning bridges with everyone who gets too close so maybe she's thinking she has to stick with it this time.

Again, I don't like the word "normal". Who's "normal"? What IS the norm? I'm not denying Kalinda has issues but what is "normal" for someone like her?

Quote:
No talk of his body parts in her body parts please
sorry

Quote:
It could have been like a farewell kiss but somehow I have a feeling they'll meet again
My sis thinks he's just trying to show her he cares for her and that's what "normal" is. I don't know. I'm still not 100% sure of what's going on in that scene.

Quote:
Why would she be?
Well, it might complicate things. I think the main reason Kalinda is not letting anyone in is that it gets complicated. She has to worry about someone else than herself and things get messy. Look at what happened in Hi. Without Alicia, she would have just testified and told the truth. Much less complicated.
So with Cary involved in that investigation and him making it obvious he cares for her... what happens now? I think that's part of it.

Quote:
But maybe it's just me being naive
Let's say hopeful instead

Quote:
It was so sweet that it was almost friendly? but maybe thats cause I'm weird
I don't go around kissing my friends like that, even the gay guys.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~ (View Post)
WHAAAAAAATTTTTT?????????? OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm with CrazyInLove on this one - That kiss was AWESOME.

These two ooze chemistrly - both intellectually and physically - So superior to the whole Kalinda/Blake thing/Storyline - Not sure what that was ever supposed to be