Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-17-2016, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

No. I had planned on it, but summer was busy for me. I was hoping to watch it on ABC Family as its a lot easier to do that, then putting in the DVD. But they changed the channel and GG was only on once a day. Now would be a good time, but if we end up going on vacation (in limbo cause of Hurricane Matthew), I won't get done before the Revival airs.

In some weird way, I think GG is like Full House. You have young kids discovering it every day. So its no longer just us that were around when it first aired.

I'm hanging in Karen. Have had many ups and downs since my days of regularly posting on the Matt forum. I stopped posting there years ago I guess (time flies) and never got back into posting regularly. Now I feel like a outsider, I don't even go and lurk. Seems like you miss weeks or even months, its hard to follow.

Hope you are doing well yourself. I haven't seen you around in ages. I think before I left, you had taken a break yourself. Glad you were able to come back. Maybe I will get to that point too.

- Mel
Old 10-18-2016, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Time can be a pain You don't have netflix? You can rewatch it there as well.. no DVD's necessary!

Quote:
In some weird way, I think GG is like Full House. You have young kids discovering it every day. So its no longer just us that were around when it first aired.
In some ways that's good so the show will always have a fanbase and be alive!

Quote:
I'm hanging in Karen. Have had many ups and downs since my days of regularly posting on the Matt forum.
Awww for you!
Kinda know how you feel. Kind of had a few weird years too when I wasn't on I wasn't feeling like my private life let my have an life too because it was so demanding and frustrating... Right now I'm in an upwards spiral where life is looking better despite some setbacks sometimes... but it only makes me stronger in the end
I'm back now since a few months... I think in the summer or something like that and it's nice being back on the Matt forum I did need some time to adjust yes but I do hope you pop in sometime soon! I'll be there to catch you
I do understand how you can feel an outsider, I did feel like that too in the beginning, but I'm sure they'll try to make you feel at home

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 10-18-2016, 02:43 AM
Extreme Fan

He has that "young face".
GG longevity is not really surprising. A lot of people can't really let their nostalgia go so they will always re-watch these types of shows like GG and that FOX show with Misha Barton. Though, GG was actually good, unlike many others teenage shows. I always disliked Rory though. But CW/WB always had annoying leads (not counting charmed who were actually grown and kinda known professional actresses).
Old 10-20-2016, 01:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

you mean the OC?

haha i liked both girls and their chemistry together, they made the show for me.. Plus it was Matt's big break acting wise so I'm glad he got the opportunity to grow on a show like that because I do feel we saw him grow as an actor on that show

Old 10-20-2016, 03:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, the OC.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

- Mel
Old 10-26-2016, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Karen! So nice to see you drop by

Quote:
I'm hoping I still like Logan and MC as much as I did the first time around. I can't believe thats a fear of mine, but it is.
Why wouldn't you? What's not to love, honestly?

Quote:
I think the fanbase has only grown with re-runs
Netflix wouldn't touch it otherwise.

Quote:
Kinda know how you feel. Kind of had a few weird years too when I wasn't on I wasn't feeling like my private life let my have an life too because it was so demanding and frustrating
I know how you feel. That's pretty much where I am right now.

Quote:
Right now I'm in an upwards spiral where life is looking better despite some setbacks sometimes... but it only makes me stronger in the end
good to read you are doing good and your spirits are up

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-27-2016, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nice to see you too Carla!
I hope you'll feel better soon too!

Love the trailer

Old 10-28-2016, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

I was never a GG addict but I'm looking forward to seeing Matt in it. It's going to be fun to see him step back into a different character after Cary.

Old 10-29-2016, 01:29 PM
Supreme Fan

Trailer was awesome
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:28 PM
Extreme Fan

I wasn't a fan of trailer. I was never a big fan too, but enjoyed it as it was different to other CW/WB shows, but trailer looks kinda cheap and Matt is barely in it.
Will still watch, though.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

I think they tried too hard to not give anything away and it did come out boring. One little glimpse of Matt and he is suppose to be in at least 3 (maybe all) of the seasons.

- Mel
Old 10-29-2016, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think they tried too hard to not give anything away and it did come out boring.
Trailer editing is a hard job because you want to attract people enough to make them watch without giving too much away.

In a show that's returning after so many years, they mostly want to say "hey look, it's back! and look, remember all these people? they're back too" so job done I guess

Old 10-30-2016, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Matt is rumored to be in all episodes.

I didn't think the trailer was that boring honestly. I thought it captured the essence of the show. Two girls and their lives, struggles and precious bond with a sense of humor to the side. I like that it puts both ladies at crossroads in their lives as to where do you go next, and even for Emily (the grandmother). I like that it doesn't give anything away, it only intrigues me.

Well at the Matt C board we think it's on purpose since Matt hasn't spoken about the show either, while Milo has (even before his show went on air)

Old 10-30-2016, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Length wise, I just thought it could have been better. There were good moments though. We are already intrigued before without the trailer, thats why I guess I was expecting more.

- Mel