Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Supreme Fan

Alicia/Kalinda Appreciation Thread #6 - Cause they are best friends and they'll weather this

welcome to the official
alicia · kalinda
a p p r e c i a t i o n t h r e a d

SUPPORTERS

01. autumnღfairytale
02. Little_Grey
03. snatches of sunshine
04. Eternal Flame
05. Lennie1984
06. Brilliant Disguise
07. Libra
08. Lazy
09. Lostcandy
10. crazy_diamond
11. .: DoDs:.
12. ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~
13. Kiki17
14. xmidnightx
15. Pan
16. loganandroryforever
17. Kalinda Smith
18. Lily Marie
19. Gelfling
20. Hugo
21. BK.

Alicia: Does anyone ever surprise you?
Kalinda: No.
Alicia: Even me?
Kalinda: Especially you.

Alicia: I am amazed at how little I know about you.
Kalinda: What do you wanna know?
Alicia: I'm not sure.

Last edited by Gelfling; 07-13-2011 at 11:20 PM
Old 04-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Nice! I see posters remember how to open threads. It seems like all threads have been opened by mods lately. Bunch of lazy puppies!

Thanks for using the optimistic title. Now let's see how disappointed we can end up

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Lily They should make up a besties secret handshake.
How do you do the OP? copy/past then bold, align, etc?
Old 04-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT!

Lily, do yo really think that there's been too little of Kalinda this season? I haven't Maybe it's because on her own, she isn't a fav of mine, I can only take her in small doses (she reminds me too much of me, but then so does Alicia and I love her ) but I've been ok with what we've been given. I'll admit, I could have used the loss of squiddy tagged to her, but otherwise.....

Actually, I think we've seen more of Kalinda than we have of Alicia this seaon, or is that just me?

Alos, could you add me to the list? I love their friendship!

Last edited by Lily_Marie; 04-25-2011 at 05:56 PM
Old 04-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

Now, I thought about this yesterday. Remember that convo between about A/K in the bar in hybristophilia about having "one night, with no repercussion." Now do you think the Kings "really" thought about this plot line and that line was so kind of foreshadow about what K feels about one-night stands? I truly do not really believe the story line was from the start but what do ya think about that line now after the events?

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
How do you do the OP? copy/past then bold, align, etc?
When you're not a mod, you just click "Reply with Quote" on the OP and copy/paste everything as is (making sure to delete the quote tags)

Quote:
Actually, I think we've seen more of Kalinda than we have of Alicia this seaon, or is that just me?
Not sure in terms of screentime, probably not actually, but Alicia didn't have an arc, unlike Kalinda (that was more Squiddy's arc really with Kalinda just not doing anything) so that's probably why you get that impression.

We did see less Kalinda than last season.

Quote:
Alos, could you add me to the list? I love their friendship!
Sure. Looks like we'll need all the support we can get

Quote:
I truly do not really believe the story line was from the start but what do ya think about that line now after the events?
Good question, Kiki! I agree that they made it up only recently but if they didn't, that is certainly telling. And anyway her attitude about that, we discussed already. Whether it's Peter or Will makes little difference.

Last edited by Gelfling; 04-25-2011 at 06:02 PM
Old 04-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Lily, do yo really think that there's been too little of Kalinda this season? I haven't
Too little good Kalinda yeah. Let's be honest, she didn't get a whole lot to do besides stand there and glare at Squiddy scene after scene. She's had a couple of good other scenes but that's it.

Quote:
she reminds me too much of me, but then so does Alicia and I love her
Heh both Kalinda and Alicia remind you of you? I knew there was a reason why I liked you

Quote:
Maybe it's because on her own, she isn't a fav of mine
Brace yourself because something tells me that's not about to be fixed

Quote:
that line was so kind of foreshadow about what K feels about one-night stands
I've been saying it all along
Old 04-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinda Smith (View Post)
I've been saying it all along
But my question, did she say it cause of the Peter thing? Or like Fluff just mention just her general phylosophy. Cause I do agree is just the way she thinks, but I wonder if thats what the writers where trying to get at? (if that makes sense )

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Too little good Kalinda yeah. Let's be fair, she hadn't had a whole lot to do besides stand there and glare at Squiddy scene after scene. She's had a couple of good other scenes but that's it.
I see what you mean Do you think there's still hope that squiddy turn up at the bottom of the Atlantic?

Quote:
Heh both Kalinda and Alicia remind you of you? I knew there was a reason why I liked you
Thanks And yes, in RL, I fall somewhere in between the two of them.

Quote:
I'll wait and see. I do like her a lot better than I did when the show first started though. Like it is being discussed in the epi thread at the moment, I was one of those for who Kalinda came very close to being Mary Sue-ish. It was AP's acting and her relationship with the other characters that saved her for me. Over time, as they grew her out, I started to like her better.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Cause I do agree is just the way she thinks, but I wonder if thats what the writers where trying to get at? (if that makes sense )
Well no since they didn't think of that storyline until a few months ago.

Quote:
Do you think there's still hope that squiddy turn up at the bottom of the Atlantic?
Or Lake Michigan in a Chicago swimsuit, would be fine. I think they have too much on their plate right now but I'm not giving up hope and in the meantime, I have my fic to make him suffer Mwahahaha

Quote:
It was AP's acting and her relationship with the other characters that saved her for me. Over time, as they frew her out, I started to like her better.
I can get that. And I give full credit to Archie for that. I shudder to think what the character would have become with another actress and I think her creative input has brought a lot to make the character more interesting.

Last edited by Gelfling; 04-25-2011 at 11:47 PM
Old 04-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
you just click "Reply with Quote"
right, that's faster. Would you mind adding a space after the 01. under "reasons" ?

Quote:
"one night, with no repercussion."
That's so stupid now that we know she knows it has repercussions.

Quote:
too little of Kalinda this season?
I agree with the too little quality Kalinda. Considering what we saw of K this season, I'm happy there was so little of it. I didn't even mind last episode when she appeared after more than the half, I was even annoyed to see her there.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well no since they didn't think of that storyline until a few months ago.
Now lets say this ridiculous plot line was thought of (planned out) from the beginning(which I doubt), what would you make of that line now? Still see it the same way?

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
That's so stupid now that we know she knows it has repercussions.
She thought it was scot-free. And I think she meant emotionally. "You don't have to fall in love or to be in love to have sex" is what she meant. Very much Kalinda, wouldn't you say?

Quote:
what would you make of that line now? Still see it the same way?
Sure. That's her attitude toward sex. It's separate from feelings.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
right, that's faster. Would you mind adding a space after the 01. under "reasons" ?
Done
We'll be rebuilding the OPs this summer anyway. They're inconsistent and some of them are... well... ugly

Quote:
And yes, in RL, I fall somewhere in between the two of them.
Marie, be careful. Remember who you're talking to. You don't want Lily all over you

Quote:
Lily! I don't want this thread to be the thread of doom! We have enough depressing threads on this board

Quote:
But my question, did she say it cause of the Peter thing? Or like Fluff just mention just her general phylosophy
Either it's pure coincidence or they are trying to reattach it to the K/P thing after the facts. I seriously doubt it though considering the number of holes in that plot. They haven't ironed out the big elements enough to be going into that kind of details.

Quote:
Do you think there's still hope that squiddy turn up at the bottom of the Atlantic?
If there is some justice

Quote:
Considering what we saw of K this season, I'm happy there was so little of it
I know, right? They made me dread the scenes with Kalinda! How did they do that?!

Quote:
Very much Kalinda, wouldn't you say?
although the context was quite different.

Lily, remember you were going to tell us about Kalinda's brand of gums and juice