Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-06-2011, 03:16 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
We thought it would be Kalinda in that sandwich. Turns out it might be Cary
Okay. Now tell me how you say things like that and not expect my mind to go to dirty places?

Quote:
I think he'll just say "yeah you screwed up" (no pun intended) and then he'll be nice and understanding and she'll kiss him again cuz that's how she rolls.
Anyone else thought his reaction was a little um... flat?
Old 04-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
how you say things like that and not expect my mind to go to dirty places?
as if your filthy mind needed guidance to get there (or ever really left the gutter anyway )

Quote:
all the C/K shippers, I'm sure.
But yeah I thought that was clumsy writing. The way he just casually announced (or rather implied) that he knew what had happened... that was just wrong.

I liked that he told Kalinda he thought Alicia wouldn't have made a big deal out of it. Although I think he got them both really wrong there but he's a guy so what else is new?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 04-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
as if your filthy mind needed guidance to get there (or ever really left the gutter anyway )
Sad but true

Quote:
all the C/K shippers, I'm sure
Yeah probably. It didn't really feel very personal.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah probably. It didn't really feel very personal.
He didn't even really looked shocked to hear the news from Matan.

But I still liked the way he minimized it to Kalinda saying she should have told Alicia sooner. It's misguided perhaps, not to mention wasting words at this point, and also a little arrogant of him to think he knows the situation when he clearly has only a little piece of information, but I liked that he was so (naively) confident in Alicia and her affection for Kalinda, in a way.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
It's misguided perhaps, not to mention wasting words at this point, and also a little arrogant of him to think he knows the situation when he clearly has only a little piece of information, but I liked that he was so (naively) confident in Alicia and her affection for Kalinda, in a way.
I'm reading this and I'm not even sure if you are criticizing him or giving him props, Fluff

I think the writing was clumsy, again... like that "normal" crap scene and that takes away from the effect they wanted that he's devoted to her and he "gets" her but on the character level, I agree, it's nice that he sticks with A/K
Old 04-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
He seemed discouraged/disappointed. But I don't think they're done talking about it.

Quote:
I liked that he was so (naively) confident in Alicia and her affection for Kalinda, in a way
I think it's because he doesn't mind being used by Kalinda. I don't think it's weird though that Cary thinks that's why they became friends because she's been like that with everybody so why would A be different?
Old 04-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
He seemed discouraged/disappointed.
you think? He seemed like nothing to me. He read like he had just learned that his neighbor's dog had a cold or something... uninterested

Quote:
I think it's because he doesn't mind being used by Kalinda.
you're probably right.

Quote:
I don't think it's weird though that Cary thinks that's why they became friends because she's been like that with everybody so why would A be different?
The question is why would he say that? Do you usually go around asking your friends why they became friends with other people? That sounded so fake. It was one of those "we don't trust our audience to get that it's where we are going with that so let's have someone say it out loud" moments.
Not to mention it's ridiculous.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
you think? He seemed like nothing to me
I thought he was being slow because he was resigning himself to accept that Kalinda is Kalinda.

Quote:
The question is why would he say that?
So Fluff, why did you become friends with Lily? Seriously though, I thought it sounded fake because she was leaving the car when suddenly he screamed that to her. Like they wanted to attract the attention specifically on that, but otherwise I have no problems with it (well, if I hadn't read that damn interview of theirs it wouldn't bother me). Would you also be opposed to him asking her why she slept with Peter? I personally want to know those things
Old 04-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I thought he was being slow because he was resigning himself to accept that Kalinda is Kalinda.
when Matan tells him? Maybe. I thought he was just processing why Kalinda was so concerned about the interview.

Quote:
So Fluff, why did you become friends with Lily?
we bonded while defending Kalinda to haters on another board

Quote:
Would you also be opposed to him asking her why she slept with Peter? I personally want to know those things
You know, I would have liked him asking that better actually. Because a)I want to know too and b)it would have made more sense for him to ask that.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:31 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
But I don't think they're done talking about it.
heh, good guess

Quote:
I don't think it's weird though that Cary thinks that's why they became friends because she's been like that with everybody so why would A be different?
What do you mean?

Quote:
So Fluff, why did you become friends with Lily?
I kick ass and take names

So it looks like our boy really has no idea how much Alicia means to Kalinda... or was he just pretending to be clueless to lighten the load? Didn't look like it to me but I'm curious to read what you think.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So it looks like our boy really has no idea how much Alicia means to Kalinda... or was he just pretending to be clueless to lighten the load? Didn't look like it to me but I'm curious to read what you think.
Hard to tell but now I'm confused. I thought he was receptive last week and now?

Old 04-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
What do you mean?
"Befriending" people for a reason. She's using Cary and he probably thinks she's also doing that with Alicia in some way.

Quote:
Hard to tell but now I'm confused. I thought he was receptive last week and now?
I don't think he cares all that much. What was he supposed to say anyway?
Old 04-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"Befriending" people for a reason. She's using Cary and he probably thinks she's also doing that with Alicia in some way.
Hm. That's a good point. Although there was nothing she could have gained from becoming friends with Alicia and that's usually the "reason" she befriends people.

Quote:
I don't think he cares all that much. What was he supposed to say anyway?
I don't know. Last week he seemed more concerned on a human level of the impact it would have on the A/K relationship. At least that's what I thought when he told K she should have told Alicia earlier.
But in this episode, he just made a pun out of what is obviously a hard time for Kalinda. He didn't get her at all.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
What was he supposed to say anyway?
The thing was "what was he not supposed to say" and he stepped nicely into all of them, trampled, more like, with big heavy boots (and not the pretty ones like Kalinda... like farmer Elmer's mud boots )

Quote:
But in this episode, he just made a pun out of what is obviously a hard time for Kalinda. He didn't get her at all.
So much for them being "connected"
Old 04-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So much for them being "connected"
Nobody said anything about a connection, did they?

But as much as I agree with everything that's being said here, and in light of that scene, I wonder what role, if any, Cary will play in the second part of the A/K drama. What do you think? We're having a conversation in the A/W thread that Will looks more likely to act as a go-between than Cary now.

Thoughts?