Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

Alicia ♥ Peter Appr Thread #30 - Because she would love to get him in the bathroom, but we are hoping for the bedroom!

Welcome to the
Alicia & Peter
Appreciation Thread

Supporter list:

01. autumnღfairytale
02. Eternal Flame
03. Brilliant Disguise
04. Emily
05. Det.Logan
06. Natasja1982
07. film_snob007
08. Caribell
09. ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~
10. Kiki17
11.4Florrick
12. tvdramafan
13. EndlessღLove
14. JLarah
15. Pan
16. GoodWifeObsessed
17. Kabous
18. Thenewpsies
19. Goodwifefan
20. HappilyShort
21. claire_bear2007
22. Ladyjosie2412
23. RemDiamond
24. ValeB
25. Steffili
26. TeamWilson
27. Believe2612
28. JanetIsb
29. CarolF
30. Fan-Ncis-Fic

Reasons why we love them:

Because they were together for 15 years
Because Peter wants everything going back to normal
Because they were happy at one time
Because they weren't so bad for an old married couple
Because they were kinky
Because he still has his ring on
Because she has still her ring on
Because Alicia wants to forgive him
Because he hurt her but she can't let him go
Because she visits him in jail
Because he still can make her laugh
Because "separated" doesn't mean "enemies"?
Because they're cute as a couple and deserve a second chance!!
Because Alicia and Peter needs to do a little studying on Brazil together soon
Because they are now spending campaign minutes together!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Elite Fan

30th thread Thanks you everyone for making that happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValeB (View Post)
The episode wasn't bad overall...but that kiss was a little forced...so weird.
Kiss was totally forced, it didn't advance any storyline really. It did nothing really for the episode, but I am gonna blame it on February sweeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValeB (View Post)
Plus, I loved Alicia during the entire episode. I was so proud of her. BUT, last scene...I just hated her. You really don't do that, Alicia! And I am not talking about not kissing Will...but you don't stab in the back the ones that stood by your side (Cary, Kalinda, the other 4th year associate) just for a promotion (promotion, btw, given by people that are just using you). I am so upset with Alicia right now. She deserves everything bad that might come from her decision (like Cary and Kalinda betray her, too). Sorry to say that girl, but this is how I feel right now. I did not like Alicia's choice to take partnership at all.
Ohhh boy do I disagree with you, I think you are seeing things as way to black and white. First of all since when is it a bad thing for Alicia to look at for HERSELF ? for her family, for her children that have to go to college btw? Cary would have done the SAME thing in a damn heartbeat, why should Alicia be any different? I just don't get how so people can be ambitious while others get shot down because they are? Will/Diane/Cary/Peter they are all ambitious, why cannot Alicia be too? Finally Alicia is doing something were she is not a doormat. And is obvious Cary totally understands her, and can we please talk about all Cary did at the end of S1 to get that promotion, bad mouth her? Because everyone has to look at for themselves.
So I am super proud of her, she is finally looking out for what matters and doing exactly what the next person would do, if not she gets left behind.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-18-2013, 03:26 PM
New Fan

god, I love this title!

Quote:
not really in character for Alicia, and who gets like that if they were REALLY angry, which she was. It was very forced, and TGW should be above this.
yeah, i'm so with you in this.. I felt the same way, the kiss came out of nowhere, so forced... I guess they are trying to give the AW fans some hope, but I think nothing good is coming out of this for them..

The episode was good, but I'm still bitter over it... and WOW, Alicia became a partner! I really wasn't expecting that, I thought they were going to stretch this for a little longer... but I'm happy though! I don't think she did wrong for accepting it, she has an apartment, kids and some concerns Cary doesn't have to deal with. She can't risk that amount of money in a new firm that may not even thrive. The firm has the security she needs, she can't turn her back to that! And I think Cary would've done the same.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolF (View Post)
god, I love this title!

yeah, i'm so with you in this.. I felt the same way, the kiss came out of nowhere, so forced... I guess they are trying to give the AW fans some hope, but I think nothing good is coming out of this for them..

The episode was good, but I'm still bitter over it... and WOW, Alicia became a partner! I really wasn't expecting that, I thought they were going to stretch this for a little longer... but I'm happy though! I don't think she did wrong for accepting it, she has an apartment, kids and some concerns Cary doesn't have to deal with. She can't risk that amount of money in a new firm that may not even thrive. The firm has the security she needs, she can't turn her back to that! And I think Cary would've done the same.
Absolutely agree that A HAD totake the job. Remember what D said... A door opens, and you cant always look at why. Cary would have done the same. A is smart, and she has to know they would have picked her or Cary because they were ringleaders among the 4 th years. Which now will cause A issues with her co workers... They will watch her etc.

Do you think kiss will make Alicia break up with Peter, sexually.?.
I was really surprised that so many reviewers did not like the AW kiss. Flint, who said it was disrespectful of A, had a point.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdramafan (View Post)
I doubt it... I really do...
Quote:
I was really surprised that so many reviewers did not like the AW kiss. Flint, who said it was disrespectful of A, had a point.
really? why? I can tell you everyone but the AW shippers disliked it and found it forced and out of left field even saw a couple of AW shippers saying that They didn't like it at all because everyone but the shippers had more or less moved on and found that it came out of no where and why drag it back up, when they both seemed to have moved on.

One on the E.R. Board used this gif as a symbol of it... she dont follow the show anymore but saw it on tumblr and said suddenly this A/W stuff is showing up ... AGAIN??

And I talked to another of those from the E.R. board as well that feels like that too... both used to like AW and have been multible shippers but they moved on.... the last one I talked to even like me felt no desire to watch the episode because of it...
The truth is critics and many others but complete AW shippers had moved on and thought it over and done... as well as how it came out of nowhere and was just there for shock value. Reviewers mostly don't like things that don't make sense...

Thanks for the new thread kiki and we should so have a party to celebrate reaching #30
Old 02-18-2013, 06:15 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Do you think kiss will make Alicia break up with Peter, sexually.?
No, I think it won't change anything at all. Alicia is probably gonna pretend nothing happened... as usual...
Old 02-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Absolutely agree that A HAD totake the job. Remember what D said... A door opens, and you cant always look at why. Cary would have done the same. A is smart, and she has to know they would have picked her or Cary because they were ringleaders among the 4 th years. Which now will cause A issues with her co workers... They will watch her etc.

Hey Gang haven't had a chance to watch the episode yet - Par usual nutty busy with my work - Which I do love so it's okay

But when I heard the kissing spoiler I knew it would be A/W - Try not to be too disheartened or sad A/P fans it's just the pattern of the show

Alicia's almost come full circle since season 1 she's almost becoming Peter - Crush them with your power stiletto's Alicia - Even if I don't always agree with your actions you do lead us on a fascinating journey - Here's to your empowerment

I'll chime in later in the week when I have time to watch the episode...

Is the S.Game still chugging to it's conclusion or are we taking a little break
Old 02-18-2013, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Alicia is probably gonna pretend nothing happened... as usual...
very highlight likeable At least we know it!

Quote:
Doubt it too, I kind of wish we see a *tiny* bit of guilt over it. Doubt it though

Quote:
Flint, who said it was disrespectful of A, had a point.
He really did, I think he made an excellent point about Alicia being on fire and kind of felt a bit disrespectful to just take a huge moment for her and throw a kiss in there. Also as it took away from her determination of actually play in the big table.

Quote:
Is the S.Game still chugging to it's conclusion or are we taking a little break
Still going, will work on it tomorrow

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Extreme Fan

* Speaking of character messiness, we should talk about The Kiss, which bothered some folks on my Twitter feed, but did not bug me at all. It made sense in many ways: Will and Alicia still have an attraction to each other, it’s prone to express itself at a time of mutual stress–and both of them realized within seconds that it was a bad idea. What’s more, where the audience was once cheering for a Will-Alicia hookup, the show masterfully brought us (or me anyway) around to seeing the kiss as a terrible mistake too.

Read more: The Good Wife Watch: Team Red Team! | TIME.com

This review was tweeted, thought this take on the kiss was balanced. Although I still agree it was part of sweeps and still felt forced! REview itself worth a read... He LOVES the show overall, and reminds us what is good abt it OVERALL, without focussing on one rlshp or another. He also made me laugh bec he reminded me of the scene with the actress on the stand! Hilarious!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
This review was tweeted, thought this take on the kiss was balanced. Although I still agree it was part of sweeps and still felt forced! REview itself worth a read... He LOVES the show overall, and reminds us what is good abt it OVERALL, without focussing on one rlshp or another. He also made me laugh bec he reminded me of the scene with the actress on the stand! Hilarious!
Okay when it is the 3rd I have seen that is not bothered by it the two others from huge AW shippers... But I can find many more supporting how absurd it was...
Also Kiki and I was talking last night, she told me how absurd it was that Alicia even allowed him to kiss her with how angry she was at the time. That he even went there with her at that point... My comment was: to me it sounded like something that might work in fanfiction. and I am sure both Steffi and I have used a stundt like that in a fic one point or another... but from there on and to use it in a show is a long jump... there are things you can do ing fanfic that are simply not acceptable in the show for real... Kissing or sex out of no where with no build up, just done to please shippers and for shock factor is one of them...
Think of it this way would we even as shippers really have foudn it normal if Peter had gone and kissed Alicia in 2x21 (in Sickness) Where she was so angry and cold to him?
I am sure I could write a fic where it worked... but from there on if it had actually happened on the show?
I think that would again have fitted disrespectful to Alica like you pointed out a reviewer said...

Also as RK just did it for sweeps well only thing to say is it fell through... most but the shippers shakes their heads... (And something the shippers might not like to hear He kissed her not the other way around! and there is a HUGE difference with that... she kissed back true, but she didn't go there he did...)
and critics asked where the h*ll the kiss came from... (not done a good job if the crictcs has to ask as well and it is not just the viewers)...
(plus it clearly didn't sell in the ratings if it was that he was going for...People still chose DA or zombiies over or something like that...)
Old 02-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

The kiss definitely seemed to have come out of nowhere, I guess that's why all of us assumed it wasn't going to be A/W that kiss because they haven't even been sniffing around that plot line for quite a long time. But as Josie said, I'm guessing it was just for sweeps.

Aside from that, the episode was really good! I loved all the Elspeth moments, I think my favourite part of the whole episode was:

Old 02-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWilson (View Post)
The kiss definitely seemed to have come out of nowhere, I guess that's why all of us assumed it wasn't going to be A/W that kiss because they haven't even been sniffing around that plot line for quite a long time. But as Josie said, I'm guessing it was just for sweeps.
yes shocking how I was the only one assuming it wouldbe them... I should have bet money on it and I would have gotten somehting out of it ;-)
I was not the one sayoing sweeps it was Kiki and Mara and Fluff that said that... but I agree... Kiki told me it is because RK thinks sex sell...
and it can sell but it can be sex out of nowhere... it has to be built up...
Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyjosie2412 (View Post)
yes shocking how I was the only one assuming it wouldbe them... I should have bet money on it and I would have gotten somehting out of it ;-)
I also said they would kiss, remember?? I even got into a bet with Steffi
And what will I get......10 €-Cent!!!! rofl Should have said 10 €

As for the episode and that unfortunate kiss...it looked so forced and totally to get people talking about the show again. Did the writers run out of ideas???

In my opinion it looked like Will wanted to shut her up

I am not overly worried, yet! Let's wait for the next episode and how it will be dealt with. But I will not get my hopes up and think there will be no more mention of it between A/W and especially not between A/P
What I really hope for is that it will get Alicia into thinking what or who she really wants. But I am not holding my breath

Aside from that I really liked the episode. Can Elsbeth be made a regular, please
And I love the ring of Agos, Florrick & Associates But I understand why Alicia went for the stability that L/G can give her financially in regards to the future of her family.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Extreme Fan

"IMO it looked liked will wanted to shut her up." Hilarious. So much for Kings invoking passion.!!!
Hate to say, but I think kings are , or want to lay groundwork for the future. That's why I found it so interesting that so many. , inc shippers , had moved on.
Kings said a couple of years ago they wld do more sex if it got ratings up... Tht year..S2... They made a big fuss and there were few scenes.

J, your line about critics not liking what does not make sense is right on.

Have a friend who is an English teacher, and is funny, because she hates it when things happen the do not make sense or follow from character. There may still be an attraction, or compulsion as RK said, but my friend and KIKI both said..ALICIA was SO MAD, logically she would have clocked him, not kissed him.! And the thing abt not being in the same room alone...what are they saying? What is A saying abt her needs? If you feel that strongly abt someone, wouldn't you do something about it. Makes NO SENSE. That's my 5 cents...onward to next epi.

Also suspect there will be no mention of it for a while. The TIME review was interesting, because the reviewer kind of rationalizes what we complain about, plotlines being dropped and picked up,later.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
but you don't stab in the back the ones that stood by your side (Cary, Kalinda, the other 4th year associate) just for a promotion (promotion, btw, given by people that are just using you)
--> Agree with you in 50% ! I hated how she let down Cary but I understand that maybe she need the partner thing. The part I'm agree with you is about the people using her. Seriously? Just because she's Peter's wife? Lee was not really nice to tell her that it wasn't because she was "appreciated" but he was right. I think Alicia need to realize that she had few oportunity because of Peter (Remember If Eli wasn't here, she will have been fired)!

Quote:
---> Well didn't work obviously, the rating was worse ><

Quote:
I doubt it... I really do..
---> Yeah me too ! i'm not sure but did Will said "Fight for your couple" or something like that to Alicia? Just before telling her that they can't stand alone together

Quote:
still felt forced!
---> It was forced and like always Alicia was a coward -I don't have an other world to her action, she always run away !

Well, my favourite part was when I saw Elsbeth and Eli AND the false mother ! Don't really like the other thing