Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-12-2019, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

I have been thinking about this a lot, and I think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 12 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. We would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let me know what you think. I'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as I love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

This board has always been very special to me. I love these characters, these actors, and these stories. I initially wanted the board to be around at least until the last season of the Netflix shows airs which was Jessica Jones S3 a month ago and we did that. Since the shows have been cancelled for now, even though they might be revived by the new Disney channel, there's still no guarantees and with the lack of news about it I know it is hard to maintain interest with the posters. Who knows, if it does happen, maybe we could revive the board as well at some point, so it's still not forever.

So, you guys let me know how you feel about it, please, and whatever happens, thanks for sticking around as long as you have!

Last edited by JoJoF92; 07-12-2019 at 04:31 AM
Old 07-12-2019, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry to see you having to make this thread, but I sadly agree I think after the news about all of the Marvel shows getting canned had led to some people losing interest on posting on those boards.

You have been a great mod though :
Old 07-12-2019, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks, Sam yeah I'm interested in whatever the cast is up to next and I'll gladly reminisce on the memories but I get that most people would rather have new stuff I wish we did too

Old 07-12-2019, 05:35 AM
Moderator Manager

Ohh Joanna! I'm sorry about this!
And I'm sorry I haven't posted here in a long time But yeah, with the cancellation of TD and IF and with me not liking JJ S2 I lost a bit of my interest in posting in the boards.

I know how hard it is to open this thread and I'll support the decision you make just want to say that you have been a wonderful mod! I've always felt very welcome and loved the vibe of this board when I posted here. It's not an easy job to keep a Netflix show, let alone one that only had one season going and you did it!
Old 07-12-2019, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

You have been a wonderful mod here, Joanna! These Netflix show boards are definitely difficult to maintain, due to the long hiatuses. And then you have Netflix canceling them all at once where we are only left with discussions about the actors/actresses and future roles they will play. You've done outstanding though!
Old 07-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

thank you girls, that means a lot to me

damn Netflix is to blame for sure

Old 07-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

sadly I agree, so many great characters tho, Netflix/Marvel dropped a huge bomb for sure, you did a great job tho
Old 07-13-2019, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks a lot, Jaye

Old 07-13-2019, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

Aw I’m sorry but I understand

It sucks and is depressing that the Netflix MCU was so promising and had amazing shows crashed and burned due to money and corporate greed

If the shows went to Disney Netflix would have to stop streaming them and I don’t see that happening
Old 07-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Sad to hear about the potential closing. Netflix's stupidity of cancelling all the shows because Disney has a competing service sucks because it means we lose on quality shows. Unfortunately, my understanding is that Disney cannot use the characters for two years after the shows and due to contract.

Hopefully there is room to talk about Marvel Netflix on the Daredevil board and the Avengers board.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

a lot can happen in a few years I still have hope the shows will be revived at some point