Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Though I think they went a bit too far since we all saw Ephram/Amy's emotional connection as 100% being the cornerstone of their everlasting love so demontrating scenes where they couldn't take their hands off of each other would still have been way more realistic because even if they were all about having a mature relationship they still were teenagers with hormones flying everywhere, not to mention being so passionately in love... that drive-in scene should have actually been about Ephram/Amy kissing so intensely that they were getting all hot and heated, so much so, they couldn't wait to get back to Ephram's piano studio in order for some clothes to come off as well. Okay that's dirty so I'll stop there.

Exactly!! You can have a deep respectful love for someone, but still have an intense desire to be physical with them at the same time.
I'm sure that this was brought up before- but I'm fairly new- so I'll bring it up again. I was so into Amy and Ephram getting together. When they finally did, I waited for their affection to be portrayed in every sense. It didn't have to be sex all the time, but at least there should have been more kissing. I believe (not counting the final scene of the series) that there were 2 really nice kissing scenes between the two of them in all 4 seasons of Everwood (picnic-season 2) and (return from NYC-season3). The rest of their kissing consisted of polite pecks. They were like brother and sister.
I know that Ephram was full of passion and desire for Amy. You could see this illustrated in season 2- Blind Faith, dance at the wedding when Amy wrapped her arms around Ephram. the look on Ephram's face....didn't appear as if he wanted to peck her on the lips. The other scene that showed Ephram's passion- (Mrs. Browns old avatar), season 2- Ephram leaning against the locker watching Amy walk away. He had so much longing, desire, passion in his face in those 2 scenes.
He wanted Amy so badly. When he finally got her- he was not able to carry out these feelings!!

Sorry for my long rant!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
One thing I thought of was this...

Believe me, I was never a fan of the Ephram/Madison relationship but funny how Andy was preaching to Ephram nonstop regarding how wrong it was that he would date Madison then the very next year he's with a married woman who just so happens to be his stroke patients wife. Talk about Andy being a bit stupid there. LOL. Of course we know the reasoning as to why he went there with Amanda, or the insinuation... Andy making mistake after mistake as a result of the guilt that was eating away at him (aka bleeding ulcer) due to withholding the truth about the baby and all but still... I found it weird how he's telling Ephram he's wrong being with Madison yet he ends up rolling around in the sheets having an affair with his patients wife, Amanda.
It is true. Most men are really dense!!
Old 04-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Exactly!! You can have a deep respectful love for someone, but still have an intense desire to be physical with them at the same time.
That's so right on. In fact, it's naturally how it works if there's love that is real and meaningful that's involved.

Quote:
I'm sure that this was brought up before- but I'm fairly new- so I'll bring it up again. I was so into Amy and Ephram getting together. When they finally did, I waited for their affection to be portrayed in every sense. It didn't have to be sex all the time, but at least there should have been more kissing. I believe (not counting the final scene of the series) that there were 2 really nice kissing scenes between the two of them in all 4 seasons of Everwood (picnic-season 2) and (return from NYC-season3). The rest of their kissing consisted of polite pecks. They were like brother and sister.
AMEN! I'm so with you, totally and completely. You should really check out the episode discussion threads sometime whenever the episodes were airing because there was huge frustration going on with Ephram/Amy fans during every episode whenever they were romantically together due to people being pissed off over the lack of Ephram/Amy affection. It was a constant annoyance to many and the buzz supposedly was that during season 3 filming both Greg and Emily were sick constantly with colds and they kept passing viruses back and forth to each other so due to this, they held back on the intimate scenes. I know, I know, sounds lame, but that reasoning was floating around at the time, I totally remember that.

Wow, you also really pointed out how much there was a lack of affection being that there were only 2 substantial kissing scenes. Amazing.

There were so many moments that I couldn't believe they weren't making out and all over each other or at the very least having some longer kisses here and there besides pecks on the cheek or forehead and we got many of those, not even on the lips half the time!

It's like the minute they exchanged ILYs in Staking Claim they turned into a couple married for 50 plus years. It was very strange for sure. I don't understand it at all. It could have something to do with Greg/Emily being sick but I don't know how much stock I put into that, or it could be they just went overboard showing how mature and comfortable Ephram/Amy were together which I still find weird but I leave it as a possibility only because of Amy's speech in Staking Claim whenever she told Ephram about the finally being able to relax bit. The problem is the both of them relaxed so much they practically both went comatose.

Quote:
I know that Ephram was full of passion and desire for Amy. You could see this illustrated in season 2- Blind Faith, dance at the wedding when Amy wrapped her arms around Ephram. the look on Ephram's face....didn't appear as if he wanted to peck her on the lips. The other scene that showed Ephram's passion- (Mrs. Browns old avatar), season 2- Ephram leaning against the locker watching Amy walk away. He had so much longing, desire, passion in his face in those 2 scenes.
He wanted Amy so badly. When he finally got her- he was not able to carry out these feelings!!

Sorry for my long rant!
Don't apologize I love it!

And yes so true. He had so much pent up passion, emotion and love for her and think about it, this went way back to season 1 with how he was yearning to be with her. It's all he wanted from practically the first day he set his eyes on Amy yet the day comes when he finally gets his dream come true and they act like they are married for 50 years most of the time. LOL. It was VERY unrealistic for sure. Especially moments when you KNOW they should have acted with more than pecks. Such as when they made up completely over their slight break up after the Madison band lie. Granted it was insinuated that they went off to be alone while Bright and Hannah stayed behind but why didn't we get to see a kiss at least? A heavy kiss since they spent weeks barely talking to each other? It's moments like these that totally drive me crazy for sure.

And LMAO about most men being dense.

Andy was so clueless with Nina's feelings and it frustrated me watching this for sure. And my God weren't Andy/Amanda hurl-worthy? Wow. They were the worst, it was so tough on the eyes seeing this take place and that's why even if I didn't love Nina with Jake I liked how Andy at least got a taste of his own medicine, seeing how difficult it was not being with the one you love because poor Nina endured this for how long before Andy finally came to his senses?

Quote:
You know, I never connected Andy's guilt being associated with his relationship with Amanda. But now that you mention it- I can see that.
Yeah, it's kind of how I translated it because if you see Andy's journey throughout this entire season he keeps going from bad to worse, making mistake after mistake due to his guilt and his bleeding ulcer being an end result of his pain as he was literally choked with agony.

I remember an interview with Treat and he said he really disliked Andy's storylines in season 3, I gathered he couldn't stand the Andy/Amanda pairing so he was certainly with us it seems.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-19-2008 at 03:18 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
during season 3 filming both Greg and Emily were sick constantly with colds and they kept passing viruses back and forth to each other so due to this, they held back on the intimate scenes. I know, I know, sounds lame, but that reasoning was floating around at the time, I totally remember that.
Wow. a cold for an entire season! Didn't anyone ever hear of vitamin C?

Quote:
The problem is the both of them relaxed so much they practically both went comatose.

Quote:
You should really check out the episode discussion threads sometime whenever the episodes were airing because there was huge frustration going on with Ephram/Amy fans during every episode whenever they were romantically together due to people being pissed off over the lack of Ephram/Amy affection

Thanks. I'm going to check out those threads.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Wow. a cold for an entire season! Didn't anyone ever hear of vitamin C?
Exactly. If you listen closely in Staking Claim they both seem to be sick with Emily sounding much more obvious. That couch scene whenever Amy's getting jealous over Ephram's possible but not true affection towards Hannah... Emily sounds like she has a cold there and Greg appears as if he's almost swallowing conservatively due to a sore throat, even. LOL. I remember hearing someone in Utah say that Emily was super sick while filming this episode and she even left early a day or two because she was running a fever and feeling so exhausted.

And the general talk was supposedly both Greg/Emily kept getting sick throughout the year thus they didn't kiss as much on the screen. No clue if I buy this as the reason why there was lack of EA affection but that was the rumor. LOL.

Quote:
Thanks. I'm going to check out those threads.

I remember MAKRO and I constantly talked about it, in particular, while others joined in as well. The lack of affection was a very heavy topic for sure, especially between MAKRO and I. LOL.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-20-2008 at 11:05 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

I have absolutely nothing to really add, but I just want to say I'm loving reading this discussion. You guys are really spot on on the Ephram/Amy physical affection that we got. You know, first time going I barely noticed it because when they did get together, a lot of their scenes are so special and amazing without the physical stuff, but when you look again, it is odd. Not less special, because you put Emily and Greg in a scene together and it's goooing to be special no matter what, but odd for sure!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
posted by Everwoodfan52
I read this on another Everwood site yestersay. It was a writer inconsistency that I never thought of.

In season 2 when Ephram wrote his Tragic Flaw essay, he wrote about how difficult is it for someone to change. People think about and fight change. He said that when we do change we hope that it is final and we don't have to change again.

In season 3, The Reflex, Amy and Ephram were in bed together. Ephram told Amy that people often change without thinking about it. You wake up one day and things are different, for the simple reason that they are.

These are 2 differing versions about how people change. Maybe it was different writers?
I think these are two different senses of "change". I think the one Ephram wrote his Tragic Flaw essay is more of the inability to change human traits, human consciousness, attitudes while the Reflex one is about a profound change in their routine activities. But I may be wrong. (Do I make sense in here?)

Michelle and Everwoodfan52, I really love the discussion about Ephram and Amy's physical affection (or lack thereof). I couldn't agree more with what you two said. Not only because it's unrealitisc, but also I love me some make-out scenes.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBrown (View Post)
I think these are two different senses of "change". I think the one Ephram wrote his Tragic Flaw essay is more of the inability to change human traits, human consciousness, attitudes while the Reflex one is about a profound change in their routine activities. But I may be wrong. (Do I make sense in here?)
Yes, you do make sense. Not going to a lake house anymore is definitely not as profound as taking off a wedding ring or signing divorce papers.
There is a definite difference in those changes.

Quote:
Michelle and Everwoodfan52, I love me some make-out scenes.
That's what we all wanted! We got jipped.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yes, you do make sense. Not going to a lake house anymore is definitely not as profound as taking off a wedding ring or signing divorce papers.
There is a definite difference in those changes.
Okay, I may be exaggerating a wee tiny bit. Well, I am an American afterall, Alex might say.

Quote:
That's what we all wanted! We got jipped.
We all did.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I confess, that I saw this topic on another message board, but I think that it's a good topic for this writer inconsistency thread.

Which characters on Everwood should have had, but did not, have enough interaction with each other?
Some characters never spoke to each other!
Looking forward to your ideas.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Betty, wonderful topic - this is so fun.

Here goes:

Which characters on Everwood should have had, but did not, have enough interaction with each other?

Harold and Ephram!!! Yeah, they had a few scenes together throughout the seasons but still not enough! I thought it would be interesting to see them interacting more since they were much alike.

Ephram and Rose... Rose would make a perfect surrogate mother for Ephram even though Nina had already stepped up to the plate. I really loved that delete scene of "Episode 20" when Epram went shopping with Bright and Rose. I wish we would see more of that.

I'm trying to think more...
Old 05-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

Amy and Delia. This has been touched on here before many times, but Delia becoming a young woman, dealing with Ephram leaving, dealing with the popular crowd, and dealing with Andy are all things Amy could have helped with. Amy went through her depression and fights with her parents and could have helped Delia with trying to prevent any of that from going on in her own life, and was a member of the popular crowd and could have helped Delia with that too. This is something I still regret not seeing. Amy could have been huge for Delia, getting her through that important transition in life. Their experiences have a lot of parallels.

Ephram and Edna. We needed more snark-fests between them.

Hannah and Ephram. Not in the way Berlanti wanted them to get together, heh. But, Ephram was the first person she met, and Nina introduced her to him, but they really didn't do all that much together, unless it was in a group. She moved on to Amy and Bright, but I also thought these two had some things in common worth exploring as a closer friendship.

Delia and Nina, post season-one (because they obviously interacted a lot in that season). After the first season, and some of the second, Delia and Nina lost touch which was really sad. Nina was a big part of Delia in season one, and took care of her a lot of time, and it would have been nice to see Delia go see her for help, or Nina to offer, and have that bond continue because it was a nice bond. Again, Delia was going through some issues, mother figure and how to hold on to her mother, dealing with Andy (something that Nina rocks at), and just how to be a young girl and, c'mon! Nina could have been more involved there. I really felt they dropped that bond they had. Bah.

I totally agree, MrsBrown , Harold and Ephram! Yes! They really are quite alike. Good call.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 05-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Hey I just wanted to pop in and say that I absolutely adore your discussions here. I'm not smart enough to join you right now, but I love reading.
Abomasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

First off I love this discussion thread. It is SO awesome. I haven't seen any of the episodes since they aired on television except for the finale. But anyway so I cannot contribute really to this thread. Hmm but I just love Everwood sooo much. Everwood actually introduced me to the idea of watching a series (lol). I was/am a huge series bookworm but never was a television series watcher until Everwood. I remember sneaking up at 9 to watch Everwood. Then my mom & dad found out and I was allowed to stay up. lol

btw if you want to respond or address me, my name is Rachel

I agree with 'Tos.

Amy & Delia: Amy and Delia could have been like sisters. Amy was an older sister like figure to Delia...if the writers had written that in!! Amy was not only popular and pretty and nice but she was Delia's older brother's girlfriend. They must have interacted much more than shown on television. I mean, come on!!! Amy could have sat with Delia and talked to her about being popular and fitting in. (lol cause Ephram was a bad example of that, being a loner & a boy at that) Like I know that Delia was a tomboy in the beginning so its logical that she went to Andy but then she even stopped seeing Nin aand seeing her as a mother figure, so it kind of makes sense that the next person she would go to is Amy. Ephram was her brother and their relationship was kind of awkward and Delia (it is assumed, I forget if this was in the series or not or if its just fan fic lol) had a crush on Bright. lol Awkward!! So yes I believe Amy & Delia should have had more screen time. I can just imagine their cute and witty and girly scenes together!!
Brody♥Bilson
How Cute Is She is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Hehe, Delia definitely had a crush on Bright on the show, Rachel . I remember the first time they met, Delia had on a cute little dress and her hat, but when she saw Bright, she hid her hat, and went "You're HUUGE!" Adooorable!

I totally agree that Delia should have went to Amy, and so true, they could have been like sisters. Delia used Madison kind of that way, as someone she could bond with and do girl stuff, but after Madison, or even during, what was wrong with Amy?? She'd be much more able to help Delia than Madison was. She was the next logical step, for sure.

And word to the witty and cute scenes, they're both really funny and share a similar humour.
Reply   Post New Thread