Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Stephanie did serve the purpose of making Amy realize that she was not over Ephram and that she should do anything to get him back.
Stephanie also served the purpose of getting Ephram a new jacket...too bad she didn't work on his hair!!

What??????? You didn't like Amanda? Why?
That's true, too.

And shocker, huh?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Glad to see these two here. They were nice. Kind of a break from the loneliness for Andy. Despite the Linda relationship having an HIV story and the Dr. Trott relationship being tied to Andy being unable to have a relationship yet, I thought both relationships were kind of light and the show needed that, especially with Amy/Ephram, Amy/Tommy, Ephram/Madison going on while those did.

Agreed. He was a good guy! He deserved someone great, even if it couldn't be Nina. I would hope in a S5 even with Berlanti's crazy idea that we'd hear that Jake turned out very well.
Agreed on both accounts!

Looking over the lists, it's amazing how every couple had some sort of reason to being together or impacts of their breakups except Andy and you know who.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm on Season 3 now. I am indifferent to most of the adult pairings except Linda/Andy of course and Irv/Edna and Harold/Rose.

I don't ship everyone, Betty.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemony
Harold and Rose - Not one I comment on as frequently, but I did love them together. I always immensely enjoyed seeing their moments and episodes that centered around their relationship. They balanced each other out quite well, and both the humorous and serious moments they shared were a delight to watch. Everything about them was so sweet and a great example to the younger characters. I loved that they fell in love in high school and actually made it through 25+ years together without falling out of love. Inspirational!
That's good to hear that you're not really trying to break them up! I do think they are kind of underrated in terms of discussion, because everything you said is so true. They were the most consistent, most loving and most together of all the couples. A good example to the younger characters, for sure, but also for Andy and Nina, and I imagine that Andy and Nina would be mining their friends for advice.

One of my favourite moments of theirs is still the pencil stub and Harold bringing in the marching band and it's just so sweet, and then the poor extra who couldn't stop looking into the camera, hee.

Quote:
Irv and Edna - They were good together, they had some sweet moments...but I didn't really care much for either character, so I wasn't too invested in this ship.
I still don't get your Edna dislike, but now Irv too???? Heh, kidding, but it would be interesting to hear about. They're a tough couple. I liked them in S1 when they were sweet and nice and adorable and the episode where Irv has his heart attack breaks my heart, but as the seasons went along they weren't so sweet and nice and adorable and I didn't really feel them together as much as a result. Honestly, it's not until Irv dies that I start to feel them as a couple again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan
Looking over the lists, it's amazing how every couple had some sort of reason to being together or impacts of their breakups except Andy and you know who.
The only reason we've always only been able to come up with is...they wanted Anne Heche. That's about it, heh. I don't know if Marcia Cross or Scott Wolf counted as stunt casting when they were on, but at least they had full characters, and had relationships and impacted stories and...they had a point!!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganandroryforever (View Post)
I'm on Season 3 now. I am indifferent to most of the adult pairings except Linda/Andy of course and Irv/Edna and Harold/Rose.

I don't ship everyone, Betty.

You don't ship Amy/Ephram and Andy/Nina?
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
You don't ship Amy/Ephram and Andy/Nina?
whoever Ephram and andy are happy with.

I liked most of the pairings. I finished Everwood. I loved nina and jake together. I thought he was a great guy and a great couple. I thought scott wolf was good in it.

I may be a hopeless romantic and ship everyone Betty.

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 12-01-2011 at 12:12 PM
Forwood4Bamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:37 AM
Master Fan

So I decided to add my two cents in this discussion seeing that the last post was not that long ago.

Liked:

- Ephram/Amy: Just because Ephram clearly wanted her. And the actors did have chemistry together.

- Andy/Nina: I thought that they will end up together from the Pilot. I usually have couple radar and I almost always predict the final couples (unless the shows are cancelled and don't have proper ending).

- Harold/Rose: They kinda of seem like my parents. Well my dad is not that funny and over dramatic, but definitely my mother is the one that puts up with his quirks. Oh and the long stories that no one wants to listen - totally my father , the estranged relationship with brother/sister too. Granted my mother is not a mayor, but they asked her to be a politics player in the town, she just didn't want .

- Ephram/Laynie: Well since Ephram needed someone to smack him and tell him to not pine over unavailable girl, every distraction for him while Amy is not with him is always welcomed. Besides Laynie was cute.

- Bright/Hannah: They didn't strike like realistic couple or long-term one, but I liked them. It was the beginning for Bright, he needed this relationship. In a way Hannah was his first real girlfriend.

Indifferent:

- Edna/Irv: I'm one of the minority here, but they weren't interesting for me as separate characters or couple. While Edna was funny, I would like her if she was let's say 40 years younger. It just doesn't suit for a woman that age to act the way she acted. I respect their love and so on, but marrying someone 2 months after your husband has died? Nope, sorry. I saw the relationship my grandparents had and how devastated my grandmother was when her husband died. They were like those cheesy couples that you watch on TV. Married after 1 month dating. Now that was real love for people at that age.

- Amy/Tommy: Honestly I knew that this was just phase for Amy, besides I wasn't even that big fan of Amy, so I didn't care at all.

- Nina/Jake: I liked Jake, but since it was clear that Nina and Andy will end up together, it was clear that this is just plot. And I'm never annoyed by just a plot.

- Ephram/Stephanie and Amy/Reid : I didn't mind Amy and Reid (except the Amy inconsideration. It's called having brain to warn your ex that you date his roommate ). I didn't mind Stephanie either and if there was Season 5 I wanted this couple to be there. I wanted to see Ephram in normal relationship different from Amy. Part of the reason why I like him with Amy, it's because he wasn't in other real normal relationship (either two short flings or with Madison which wasn't normal). And he needed to see other things before deciding that Amy is the girl for him.

- Ephram/Madison:
I didn't mind them, like I said Amy wasn't available in Season 2 and I didn't want to see him pinning yet another year over her.

Disliked:

- Colin/Amy: Shocker I know, but I didn't like that couple, because I couldn't tolerate the way Amy treated Colin - pushing him to be what he used to be. She was so self-centered in that period, she claimed that he loved him, but she thought only for herself. She was so selfish, even more than in her interactions with Ephram. Part of Colin's end is due to her blindness and pushiness. She was so wrapped in the idea of being in love that she didn't even consider the affection of her love. Speaking of that her depression might have been better handled - like having guilt. Not about the car accident, but the fact that she didn't listen to her father, Ephram or Bright about Colin's condition.

- Andy/Amanda: That was just tasteless.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved Ephram and Amy and Ephram and Madison. Madison was my favorite girl on the show. Amy I didn't like but when she was with Ephram I liked her. But from day one, I was an ephramy fan. I did cry when ephram and madison broke up. "I own this bitch" I liked Jake. But I'm more of an andy and nina fan. i did like Sarah and Scott when they were on this show.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Now that I think about it, I actually like Andy and Amanda.

Just kidding!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
- Colin/Amy: Shocker I know, but I didn't like that couple, because I couldn't tolerate the way Amy treated Colin - pushing him to be what he used to be. She was so self-centered in that period, she claimed that he loved him, but she thought only for herself. She was so selfish, even more than in her interactions with Ephram. Part of Colin's end is due to her blindness and pushiness. She was so wrapped in the idea of being in love that she didn't even consider the affection of her love. Speaking of that her depression might have been better handled - like having guilt. Not about the car accident, but the fact that she didn't listen to her father, Ephram or Bright about Colin's condition.
I disliked this pairing but because I hated Colin. I agree with what you mean about Amy being in love with the idea of wanting Colin which is why I have always maintained that Amy was never in love with Colin. But I also think Colin was horrible to Amy pre-accident. He was going to break up with her before he got into the accident, he seemed cocky and all knowing to both Amy and Bright. So essentially, Amy was trying to take care of a guy who didn't even want her in the first place before he got seriously hurt. Colin was also horrible to Ephram.

I was never a fan of Amy/Colin as a result.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Well yeah maybe you're right, but I don't think that Colin was horrible to Ephram without a reason and that's coming from big Ephram's fan . Colin tried to be a friend of Ephram, but at some point it was clear for him that Amy liked Ephram (at that point for me it was only attraction there and nothing more). And he was jealous, which is quite normal for 16 years old teen.

I didn't like the whole break up story, because it was some cheap way for me to not root for Colin and Amy. I actually liked Colin before the accident - he was like Bright and we know that behind that behavior, Bright wasn't that bad. Colin had it hard - they all say that it's difficult for the family and friends, but I think that his situation wasn't easy either. And the whole pressure made things worse and made him act even more angry. Colin needed therapy btw if you ask me. I really felt for him, because everyone knew him and acted like he has to remember them, like he has to act like he used to. He couldn't do that, he didn't know how.

Person without past is lost. And at some point he realized that even his girlfriend (although she was pushy, at least he got someone) thinks about somebody else - the one that he wanted to be close to, because he doesn't know him and has no expectations of him. At that point he felt lied from Amy and Ephram. I couldn't blame the guy for being angry. I'm not saying that he was right to beat up Ephram or Bright, but it's not like he had no reasons to be that way.

But that's my take, I liked Colin .
Old 03-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Colin was also horrible to Ephram.
I hated the way that Colin treated Ephram...and I don't blame it entirely on his brain injury. He had this type of jealous/possessive personality before the accident....I'm sure.

Quote:
Now that I think about it, I actually like Andy and Amanda.
Wait a minute.......what????????????
Old 03-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Master Fan

Took me a while to figure if Dolfan had been ed by s too, Betty, but hover under his text. Sneaky bugger.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Took me a while to figure if Dolfan had been ed by s too, Betty, but hover under his text. Sneaky bugger.
Oh!!!!! I missed that!!!
Old 06-30-2018, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

LOVED:

Ephram/Amy of course! OTP!!!

Andy/Nina, adorable.

Liked:

Harold/Rose. They were a nice pairing.

Okay:

Edna/Irv - cute but nothing that exciting for me.

Ephram/Laynie - were cute temporarily.

Bright/Hannah- They had some decent moments.

Ephram/Stephanie - She was cute. But hey had no chemistry and there was no purpose to them.

Andy/Linda - They were cute ish at times but I didnt see the chemistry.

Andy/Julia - Im sure they were great in their peak, but from what we know about the relationship they kinda were never on the same page.

Disliked:

Andy/Tommy - Paul is hot but he was a jerk at the end. They were kind of entertaining to watch though.

Nina/Jake - They were okay at first but dragged on way too long.

Andy/Amanda - how they got tougher was shady. I didnt HATE her but they annoyed me.

Hated:

Colin/Amy - Colin wasn't horrible imo but this relationship just dragged on and they didnt work.

Ephram/Madison - Gross. Just from start to end and the pregnancy made it even worse.

Did I miss any?
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
LOVED:

Ephram/Amy of course! OTP!!!

Andy/Nina, adorable.

Liked:

Harold/Rose. They were a nice pairing.

Okay:

Edna/Irv - cute but nothing that exciting for me.

Ephram/Laynie - were cute temporarily.

Bright/Hannah- They had some decent moments.

Ephram/Stephanie - She was cute. But hey had no chemistry and there was no purpose to them.

Andy/Linda - They were cute ish at times but I didnt see the chemistry.

Andy/Julia - Im sure they were great in their peak, but from what we know about the relationship they kinda were never on the same page.

Disliked:

Andy/Tommy - Paul is hot but he was a jerk at the end. They were kind of entertaining to watch though.

Nina/Jake - They were okay at first but dragged on way too long.

Andy/Amanda - how they got tougher was shady. I didnt HATE her but they annoyed me.

Hated:

Colin/Amy - Colin wasn't horrible imo but this relationship just dragged on and they didnt work.

Ephram/Madison - Gross. Just from start to end and the pregnancy made it even worse.

Did I miss any?
LOL Love the Ephram/Madison gross bit.

I agree with all your thoughts on the pairings.

Let’s see...

Amy/Reid, but they lasted a second. I can’t think of any you missed.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread