Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2018, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You are caught up!

That's good.

I think I might wait as discussed with Patricia because I don't want to get irked over the Abby/Trace stuff. I might change my mind and end up watching before we find out if the series will continue.
Old 10-24-2018, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
You are caught up!

That's good.

I think I might wait as discussed with Patricia because I don't want to get irked over the Abby/Trace stuff. I might change my mind and end up watching before we find out if the series will continue.
There was a lot of closure in this finale but there are also a lot of loose ends… A pretty big loose end. Hopefully the show will be renewed.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 10-24-2018 at 05:10 AM
Old 10-24-2018, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
There was a lot of closure in this finale but there are also a lot of loose ends… A pretty big loose end. Hopefully the shower will be renewed.
This network is known for producing happy endings. They've also totally increased showcasing the series with promos/commercials. Golden Girls is on at 11 PM and more times than not, I'm seeing a Chesapeake Shores promo which is awesome! The pairing showcased the most in their commercials and promos is Abby/Trace. You can tell the network adores Trace/Abby.

Thus, I think the network has known another season at the very least is happening. Otherwise, Trace/Abby wouldn't have been left in such a blurry/gray place.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Thus, I think the network has known another season at the very least is happening. Otherwise, Trace/Abby wouldn't have been left in such a blurry/gray place.
I agree.
Are you caught up as well, Michelle?
Old 10-24-2018, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I agree.
Are you caught up as well, Michelle?
No. I still have the last two to watch but even Patricia said maybe I'm better off waiting until we see if the series gets renewed. As a Trace/Abby fan the finale is tough. So I might wait or I might watch soon, depends on my mood, lol.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Still debating on whether or not to watch the last two before getting word on a new season or not.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Still debating on whether or not to watch the last two before getting word on a new season or not.

If you want to punch your television, sure, go ahead and watch. If not, I'd wait. But then again, it might be a long wait
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-28-2018, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
This entire situation sucks. I was hopeful Trace seeing John having to say goodbye to his family was going to have a large influence on his future decisions. Really too bad it didn't translate on the screen. I also want Leigh and John to go. I know they're deliberately written in an irritating way. Well, it's working.
The accident, John needing multiple surgeries and Trace feeling guilty, that ship has sailed because Trace wouldn't mentioned something by now like he owed it to John to keep going. So it's not that theory.

I just wonder what Trace was thinking. Did John speaking about how his wife and kids understand that going on tour is a good thing. Did Trace really think Abby was okay with him being gone most of the time. It's not about the press and the public attention. It's the fact that Trace isn't there. Sure the girls are young now and not having really big life moments, but they will. Life passes you by when you're there to see it and even caster when you're not. Sooner than later the girls will be going into middle school and high school. Sure Wes is their father but Trace, being with Abby, automatically makes him step into that stepfather role no matter if they make it official or not. I don't think Trace gets that, well, not until the last few moments of the finale. The look on his face says a lot even though Trace doesn't say a word. Peyton Sawyer said it best "you say a lot when you keep you mouth shut". Not sure how they'll play that into Season 4. I cannot see Trace spending another minute on tour much less months overseas when he finally realized what he's going to be giving up since it's clear that his life will not include music career, being gone all the time and Abby with the girls. Unfortunately I think life kind of kicked him in the ass and well, Trace needed a good kicking reminder.

Quote:
You just convinced me to wait until we know if a season 4 is taking place. There's no point in watching, getting frustrated and then having to wait until we get word about season 4. I'm going to wait to watch the last two episodes until we know for sure season 4 is taking place. It's better for my mental health.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty (View Post)
Why is Connor letting Daniela dictate this relationship? Why would he take her back so willingly and easily?
Connor really lets women control him in relationships doesn't he? I keep feeling that Danielle is going to get bored or someone more interesting comes around and she'll cheat on Connor all over again. I don't see what he sees in Danielle? She cheated on him not too long ago, what, like a month...not even that long? I know Connor loved her, but really, does he value any part of his beating heart in all of this. DANIELLE IS NO GOOD!

Quote:
Why did it take so long for Abby to finally tell Trace how she feels about his leaving? Thank goodness Gran put some sense into her, because Abby was numbly accepting all of Trace's travels up until now.
I hated when Trace responded to Abby objections by saying, "But we talked about it."
No..they didn't talk about it. Trace did all the talking and Abby just accepted the situation like a Stepford Wife.
I adore Trace, I really do. I really do think he has every intention of being Abby's husband one day and stepfather to the girls. But this REALLY PISSED ME OFF. They talked about!??! When did they have this so-called discussion. I know they mentioned it, but something THIS BIG needs to be over long hours maybe even days of figuring out what works best for everyone. It's working really great for Trace. Having a girl wait for him when he comes home after being gone for months. Yeah, it's working pretty good for him.

I think Abby just agreed to everything because she is so used to taking care of everyone else and everyone having their needs met, she forgot about hers. I'm glad Gran reminded Abby to take charge even if it means being the bad guy. She cannot put her and the girls' lives on hold while Trace does something that may or may not be a future for him. It's time to let the pipe dream go.

I just don't see why Trace cannot realize that he can still write music, produce music and perform at the club? I'm sure lots of locals would visit to see Trace Riley sing original music. That's what the club is for right? Local talent, local bands that otherwise wouldn't see the light of day as a band? Trace obviously has a loyal following of fans if the band gets these big tour gigs like with Donovan and that creepy fan who called Abby by name. I don't think Trace gets that he can have music and Abby too, just not the same way it used to be.

Quote:
Sarah and kevin...finally someone steps up and realizes the two of them having a long distance relationship is ridiculous. It seemed as if Kevin was the only one with sense here, while Sarah appeared to be clueless regarding the situation.
I'm glad we have one smart relationship here! Kevin might be the only O'Brien with his head screwed on straight as of late

Quote:
David's parents: Is there an ulterior motive for offering to buy an Inn?
I'm with you Betty! I don't know and don't trust that they aren't just using their money, ONCE AGAIN, to control Jess. I cannot see them giving Jess money for a B&B outright without expecting kickbacks. Will there be this massive prenup, will she need to name her children after members of THEIR family? Will she have to give them a percentage of earnings. I mean it never stops with them. They have ruled David's life for years and his poor sister for holding her back from what she is destined to do. I cannot believe them. I'd rather Jess grovel and ask Mick for a loan, which she can pay back than get any sort of nickles and dimes from the Pecks. With them, money comes at a price...for life.

Quote:
Bree and Simon: Why is Caroline so important?
I have to confess. I mostly fast forward through their scenes, not a fan of Simon. I still love Jake way too much! Oh the book was so good for them! So in that sense, I haven't paid to much attention to when I don't fast forward through them. All I gather is that she is an ex girlfriend!? Not sure though.

Quote:
How can a sailboat that was falling apart a few weeks ago be Regatta ready so soon?
Because everything works when you want it to in Chesapeake Shores. Like calories not counting, it's just a place where magical things happen lol Well, minus some relationships though

Quote:
I hate Leigh.
We all do sweetie!

I gather that Leigh is Everwood's Madison. Madison broke up a lot of things, but this is not the thread to go into.

Leigh is definitely think about HER LIFE and her paycheck at the end of the day. Of course she ever found someone that could love and tolerate her, she might see where Trace is coming from. Sure Leigh's dream is to be on tour, so is...or was Trace's dream. Dreams change as people grow. I think Leigh needs to find a new band to build a dream with. I think she's mostly pleading with Trace to come on board so she can be with Trace as long as she can without Abby around. We all know that Leigh is still hung up on him, so obvious. So obvious like a school girl crush, well, kind of more on the annoying side really.

It's not just Abby/Trace a reason not to watch the finale. The finale opened up so many doors that will make the O'Brien family finally open up to each other and repair the past that almost broke their futures.

Quote:
That sucks too. I don't expect the TV show to be an exact replica of the books but based on what you're saying, the show can do better. Like you said, hopefully things will change if we get a season 4.
Well, the book did touch on some drama for Trace and Abby that held them back a little, which was written in a very nice way. But yeah, the relationship as a whole was fifteen times and more better. Now that's not speaking for the entirety of the show. The first season was pretty close to the connection they had in the book, but once music entered everything, well, the book went with the tide and set sail, nothing would ever be the same.

Quote:
There was a lot of closure in this finale but there are also a lot of loose ends… A pretty big loose end. Hopefully the show will be renewed.
Yes, some parts of the finale could have ended with the finale and hope for the future and if the show ended on just that, it would be justified.

But the Trace/Abby stuff is a HUGE, almost anchor reason to get a Season 4. Abby came back to Chesapeake Shores to be a family with her girls. Trace came back into her life and she knew within a short time, that Trace would be the man that would be the man in her life and the girls' lives. For her, that doesn't mean part time or whenever he's not touring or in the studio or doing whatever it is he needs to do to make record labels happy.

She sees how much this troubles Trace to be away from everyone. Abby comes from the demanding world of Wall Street. That's why she moved back home, to take a step back, to be a mom. She understands the pressures of what Trace is going through, always being needed but not valued. I don't think Trace really gets that his life will never slow down, it will never change. He left the music business the first time around because the life was too fast. I wonder, has he forgotten how fast the fast life was the first time he had a music career?
{EphramAmy}
patricia

Last edited by break the window; 10-28-2018 at 10:29 PM
Old 10-29-2018, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
If you want to punch your television, sure, go ahead and watch. If not, I'd wait. But then again, it might be a long wait
Man that doesn't sound great.

I wonder when we'll find out if it's renewed. Could be months.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
The accident, John needing multiple surgeries and Trace feeling guilty, that ship has sailed because Trace wouldn't mentioned something by now like he owed it to John to keep going. So it's not that theory.

I just wonder what Trace was thinking. Did John speaking about how his wife and kids understand that going on tour is a good thing. Did Trace really think Abby was okay with him being gone most of the time. It's not about the press and the public attention. It's the fact that Trace isn't there. Sure the girls are young now and not having really big life moments, but they will. Life passes you by when you're there to see it and even caster when you're not. Sooner than later the girls will be going into middle school and high school. Sure Wes is their father but Trace, being with Abby, automatically makes him step into that stepfather role no matter if they make it official or not. I don't think Trace gets that, well, not until the last few moments of the finale. The look on his face says a lot even though Trace doesn't say a word. Peyton Sawyer said it best "you say a lot when you keep you mouth shut". Not sure how they'll play that into Season 4. I cannot see Trace spending another minute on tour much less months overseas when he finally realized what he's going to be giving up since it's clear that his life will not include music career, being gone all the time and Abby with the girls. Unfortunately I think life kind of kicked him in the ass and well, Trace needed a good kicking reminder.
Loved that Peyton quote.

I just don't get it because it seemed like the entire season built up to a realization for Trace. It really seemed like the only decision he would make would be to remain in Chesapeake Shores. It doesn't make sense. Is it possible the network filmed two endings? Maybe if the series was concluding, we would have gotten the ending of Trace staying home. But along the way they knew another season was happening, so they aired the present ending?

Quote:
Well, the book did touch on some drama for Trace and Abby that held them back a little, which was written in a very nice way. But yeah, the relationship as a whole was fifteen times and more better. Now that's not speaking for the entirety of the show. The first season was pretty close to the connection they had in the book, but once music entered everything, well, the book went with the tide and set sail, nothing would ever be the same.
That sucks. I wish they would have stayed closer to the books. I guess they highlighted music because the actor is so damn good in this area. The irony is the music parts are the most boring. I would bet a lot of people don't even watch the tour scenes.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I just don't get it because it seemed like the entire season built up to a realization for Trace. It really seemed like the only decision he would make would be to remain in Chesapeake Shores. It doesn't make sense. Is it possible the network filmed two endings? Maybe if the series was concluding, we would have gotten the ending of Trace staying home. But along the way they knew another season was happening, so they aired the present ending?
I'm thinking that Trace thought they talked about it and Abby was okay. I guess Trace isn't as good at reading Abby as he thinks he is or he used to be. I think Trace is a little lost right now. Both him and Abby have been going at this the same way of making everyone happy except themselves. Maybe they are more alike then we gave them credit for.

I think Trace hasn't checked in with Abby to really make sure all of this is okay with her. He should've seen a HUGE red flag when that fan addressed Abby by name and of course it was obvious that the two had never laid eyes on each other much less know each other well enough to go by first names. Trace just doesn't get that he's living two different lives. Country star and family man. They don't mix. Look at Donovan's case. He's giving Trace all these clues to how life turns out if you go the same path he did. I think Trace finally got it when seeing Donovan with his daughter. That look on his face said it all.

Quote:
That sucks. I wish they would have stayed closer to the books. I guess they highlighted music because the actor is so damn good in this area. The irony is the music parts are the most boring. I would bet a lot of people don't even watch the tour scenes.
I think they did it for more dramatic effect of making it look like Abby and Trace were from two different words which could not be farther from the truth.

In the books, Trace was so confidence and kind of made me a little more sexy actually. That confidence just exuded from him. It was honestly like reading the most precious love story of how he took care of a lot of things that became a problem in the series because the writers wanted to add drama because it's tv. Makes me want to read the first book again because the 1st book was all about Abby and of course with Abby always involves Trace.

All the books are about one member of the O'Brien/Riley families. So there is LOTS of backstory that go into how the characters are shaped and you get to understand them more. If you do get to read the books, really get into Bree's story. It is so rich and wonderful and just so...AMAZING. I wish everyone could dive into the books and just feel what a wonderful story this is
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-29-2018, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I think Trace hasn't checked in with Abby to really make sure all of this is okay with her. He should've seen a HUGE red flag when that fan addressed Abby by name and of course it was obvious that the two had never laid eyes on each other much less know each other well enough to go by first names. Trace just doesn't get that he's living two different lives. Country star and family man. They don't mix. Look at Donovan's case. He's giving Trace all these clues to how life turns out if you go the same path he did. I think Trace finally got it when seeing Donovan with his daughter. That look on his face said it all.
The thing is Trace never took the time to look at Abby's face everytime he would run his next tour by her. And that's exactly what he did....run it by her and not really discuss it with her or wait to see her actual reaction. We got to see this reaction when he hugged her at the end of his announcement. Too bad while hugging his face was facing in the opposite direction to Abby's face!

Quote:
Connor really lets women control him in relationships doesn't he? I keep feeling that Danielle is going to get bored or someone more interesting comes around and she'll cheat on Connor all over again. I don't see what he sees in Danielle? She cheated on him not too long ago, what, like a month...not even that long? I know Connor loved her, but really, does he value any part of his beating heart in all of this. DANIELLE IS NO GOOD!
I hate that Connor is acting like this puppy dog who jumps when Danielle says, "Jump." She is controlling the relationship. She decides if they should date, and he just happily agrees. Awful.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'm thinking that Trace thought they talked about it and Abby was okay. I guess Trace isn't as good at reading Abby as he thinks he is or he used to be. I think Trace is a little lost right now. Both him and Abby have been going at this the same way of making everyone happy except themselves. Maybe they are more alike then we gave them credit for.

Sucks so dang much. Especially since it appeared as if their communication overall was pretty good all season long.

So are they officially broken up or trying to make it work long distance?

Quote:
I think they did it for more dramatic effect of making it look like Abby and Trace were from two different words which could not be farther from the truth.

In the books, Trace was so confidence and kind of made me a little more sexy actually. That confidence just exuded from him. It was honestly like reading the most precious love story of how he took care of a lot of things that became a problem in the series because the writers wanted to add drama because it's tv. Makes me want to read the first book again because the 1st book was all about Abby and of course with Abby always involves Trace.

All the books are about one member of the O'Brien/Riley families. So there is LOTS of backstory that go into how the characters are shaped and you get to understand them more. If you do get to read the books, really get into Bree's story. It is so rich and wonderful and just so...AMAZING. I wish everyone could dive into the books and just feel what a wonderful story this is
I'm definitely going to read the books! How many are there? Where did you get the books? I wonder if Amazon has them.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Patricia, is Danielle in the books? I can't stand her!
Old 10-29-2018, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Patricia, is Danielle in the books? I can't stand her!
nope, different girl entirely. Different story entirely for Connor. One with a lot of heart and spirituality
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Closed Thread   Post New Thread