Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Season Finale

What a wonderful season finale. I loved every minute of it.

I ADORE this show. It has such an Everwood feel to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Hopefully this show will be renewed, but this finale could be a series finale the way that so many loose ends were buttoned up, except for one thing. All I will say is: Poor Trace.
That part sucked rocks. I did want to scream at Trace for getting out of the truck when the cop told him to stay in it. That pissed the cop off right away. I know he was upset over whatever was happening with his dad (we called that one, Betty) but that cop was a control freak prick to begin with. I find it unrealistic that he treated him like some hardened criminal because he had an outstanding warrant. I mean, of course procedure says you take the person in due to the warrant but weird how the cop never asked what kind of warrant it was. It obviously was a non-serious one, so he shouldn't have been treated so severely. Whatever. I'm not worried about Trace and this situation. It will turn out that he had a warrant for something non-serious, he'll pay a fine and be done with it. As for his father... obvious something was wrong with him. I wonder if he's going to die. I bet he truly was trying to set up his life for him before something happened.

It's weird but Trace being away allowed that exclusive family moment at the end that was all kinds of outstanding. I LOVED that last moment, Mick going around talking to all of them saying such kind/funny words. The best. That really could have been a series finale. Not that we want it! Actually, during the commercial the two actresses announced it was the number one show. There's no way on earth we won't be getting a season 2.

Quote:
Jess...she is a sister from heaven! She is there for everyone..for Bree..for Kevin. What she did for Bree was very very selfless. I know that guy is not really for her, and he didn't seem too upset about the breakup, but you can tell that Jess really likes him!
I despise that guy so much. I just hate him. I want to take his hair on top of his head and mess it all up and tell him to go away. He actually acted jealous and mad when Bree's ex returned. I wanted to jump through the screen and tell him to shove it. Jess gave him the job, possibly a huge break in his career, she clearly stepped back only because she saw sparks between him and her sister, and it's just all kinds of uncomfortable and stupid. At this point, I hope Bree gets back with Martin and that says something since he's a cheating pig and you can tell he has arrogance issues. I don't really want this but I certainly don't want Bree and David. I just don't like how it got started. Jess doesn't deserve that reminder that in her mind, she wasn't good enough. Plus, just because he likes books doesn't suddenly make him compatible with Bree. Go away, David.

Quote:
I felt kind of badly for Jess at her own barbecue. That was an interesting group of people. Abby had two guys: Wes and Trace. Bree had 2 guys: Her ex boyfriend and Jess's former boyfriend. Who did Jess have?
The only good thing is Jess is free from David who obviously flirted with her sister while with Jess and she doesn't need complications in her romantic life right now. She is working on herself and that's the most important thing anyway.

Quote:
Speaking of Wes...he did a good thing. I had a feeling he was coming around. I don't know how him leaving nearby is going to affect Abby and Trace, but it sure will be good for the girls.
All thanks to Connor, Wes finally did the right thing! Great news. Yes, I wonder what's going to happen now that Wes is going to live close to them. I hope his talk about seeing Abby sometimes as the young woman he was in love with doesn't mean he's going to try hard to win her back. You know the girls want their parents together and that's understandable. Plus, they don't even know Trace yet. So I could see maybe a sticky situation in season 2 with Wes putting on the charm trying to win Abby back maybe and the kids really pulling for it. That will be another battle Abby will have to deal with.

Quote:
Mick is one savvy businessman. He really earned his wealth with hard work and persistence. Mick is trying for the first time to be a family man, as he said to his business associate: He should have done this a long time ago.
Loved Mick's speech to all of his children. He truly loves all of them and is very very proud of everyone of them.
I liked it too. I am waiting for the speech though where he announces his part in why their mother left all those years ago. I honestly think it's coming. It really should. But yes, that last scene was great.

Quote:
Kevin can't get married. That was random. Going back to medical school. Hmmmmm that's going to take a few years. Well good for him and good riddance to his fiance.
I liked him better in this episode. I speculated that he was relieved and glad Georgia left because he didn't try hard to keep her there. It was confirmed that was the case. He did say he still loved her though so I wonder if they will work things out eventually. I hope not. I can't stand her. You can tell he's still very scarred from his past and I loved that Jess reached out to him. That was awesome. Jess is my favorite, hands down. I love her.

Quote:
Leigh: Maybe we should just keep her and Bree's ex together permanently.
I actually could easily like Leigh if she leaves Trace alone romantically. I can see why Connor finds her hot and appealing. I wonder if something might happen between them.

Quote:
Loved the way that Jess finally opened up to and had a civil moment with her mom.
That was the best moment of the episode if you ask me. It was the most important. It was everything. She opened up on something very, very serious and emotional for her. She was vulnerable and went there. I was proud of Jess!

Quote:
Trace's mom is really sweet, but she did breakup a nice little visit and then asked Abby, "What brings you here?" What the heck did she think brought her there?!?
I absolutely adore Abby/Trace. They make Dawson/Joey and even Pacey/Joey look pathetic by comparison. There is so much chemistry between the actors I can hardly stand it. When Abby took Trace to "their spot" that she felt safe in (she did that since she was jealous over Leigh being there but felt secure again taking him there) and they were sitting there, I almost felt like the entire atmosphere/world closed up around them and it was just the two of them sitting there, inhaling each other, just melting together, they are so thick with chemistry, love and caring. I love this pairing, they are so beautiful together. I can't wait to see more of them in season 2!

Oh and did you catch when Megan told her son she might see him sooner than he thinks? I think that was extreme foreshadowing. I will bet she's moving back to CS.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I loved that scene so much!
Old 10-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)

I loved that scene so much!
Beautiful!

Quote:
That part sucked rocks. I did want to scream at Trace for getting out of the truck when the cop told him to stay in it.
An idiotic thing to do...especially in this day in age!
I'm also pissed at Trace for leaving without saying anything to Abby. He just leaves!
Quote:
So I could see maybe a sticky situation in season 2 with Wes putting on the charm trying to win Abby back maybe and the kids really pulling for it. That will be another battle Abby will have to deal with.
I have this fear as well.
Quote:

Oh and did you catch when Megan told her son she might see him sooner than he thinks? I think that was extreme foreshadowing. I will bet she's moving back to CS.
No one is able to stay away from this place.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Beautiful!
Seriously!

Quote:
An idiotic thing to do...especially in this day in age!
I'm also pissed at Trace for leaving without saying anything to Abby. He just leaves!
A great point! I never realized that until you mentioned it. He has to absolutely stop leaving like that without saying a word to Abby. They are official now. He has the girl of his dreams, the one he has always loved and never given up on. He should be communicating so much he develops laryngitis as a result.

You are so right. He absolutely should have told her briefly what was going on. My guess is for storyline purposes the separation was necessary so she could be with her family at the end of the episode and if she knew it was an emergency she would have gone with him. Fine, writers, then create another way for Trace to leave. Have him tell Abby he quickly had to let his dog out or go to the store for a second then he gets the emergency call and speeds to the hospital. Don't show Trace getting the call, storming out, having Abby be worried like crazy trying to call him wondering what happened because of the lack of communication.

Quote:

I have this fear as well.

No one is able to stay away from this place.
It's so true.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
Season Finale

What a wonderful season finale. I loved every minute of it.
This one was extra special. It showed what Chesapeake Shores really is. FAMILY. Mick talking about his family and everything that everyone has accomplished and how he feels about their accomplishments, golden! I just want this show to come back so bad so I can love these characters that much more! It's insane not knowing the fate of this show!

Quote:
I did want to scream at Trace for getting out of the truck when the cop told him to stay in it. That pissed the cop off right away. I know he was upset over whatever was happening with his dad (we called that one, Betty) but that cop was a control freak prick to begin with. I find it unrealistic that he treated him like some hardened criminal because he had an outstanding warrant. I mean, of course procedure says you take the person in due to the warrant but weird how the cop never asked what kind of warrant it was. It obviously was a non-serious one, so he shouldn't have been treated so severely. Whatever. I'm not worried about Trace and this situation. It will turn out that he had a warrant for something non-serious, he'll pay a fine and be done with it. As for his father... obvious something was wrong with him. I wonder if he's going to die. I bet he truly was trying to set up his life for him before something happened.
None of this really surprised me with Trace, to be honest. Yeah, it's not a great situation by any means, but not surprising.

He cares about Abby, he always has. But Trace has been on his own FOR A VERY LONG TIME. It doesn't excuse his behavior, but it explains it. Whatever he's dealt with his father over time he doesn't want anyone, you know, burdened with. He seemed genuinely concerned about his father, as he should be. He knows him and Abby are solid and she will always be there.

It will be a nice relationship twist for Trace to be reamed over the coals by Abby. She needs a man who will communicate with her and not just assume everything is going to be okay. I think Trace needs to be a little bit more understanding about who is in his life now. There's Abby, she has kids, she can't have the guy in her life just running out without an explanation.

Quote:
It's weird but Trace being away allowed that exclusive family moment at the end that was all kinds of outstanding. I LOVED that last moment, Mick going around talking to all of them saying such kind/funny words. The best. That really could have been a series finale. Not that we want it! Actually, during the commercial the two actresses announced it was the number one show. There's no way on earth we won't be getting a season 2.
It's all a matter of time! And how could this show not be number 1. This show is exactly what Hallmark stands for. Family, Drama and developments. It's perfect.

Quote:
I despise that guy so much. I just hate him. I want to take his hair on top of his head and mess it all up and tell him to go away.
I know guys don't get the girl code or sister code when liking someone becomes a conflict. But it's a conflict. He, unless he's blind, which is possible. He should see there is a conflict between the sisters. I mean there's a brother code about the same thing when dating girls. It's the same thing with sisters and dating guys.

[QUOTE=Michelle;87797859]He actually acted jealous and mad when Bree's ex returned. I wanted to jump through the screen and tell him to shove it.

That was more than uncomfortable. They've known each other for live five minutes and he's jealous of an ex boyfriend! I mean come on! This guy has no business dating anyone especially sisters. He's just going to mess everything up.

Quote:
Jess gave him the job, possibly a huge break in his career, she clearly stepped back only because she saw sparks between him and her sister, and it's just all kinds of uncomfortable and stupid.
It's going to get super uncomfortable very quickly. I hate that Jess found someone that can be a great chef at her inn and he's going to screw it up. I know he hasn't even started yet, but I can see this going bad very quickly. I want Jess to succeed with her inn so badly and I think hiring this guy is a huge mistake. I know she's super excited and think she can control her feelings but Jess is all about feelings and it's just not going to go well

Quote:
At this point, I hope Bree gets back with Martin and that says something since he's a cheating pig and you can tell he has arrogance issues. I don't really want this but I certainly don't want Bree and David. I just don't like how it got started. Jess doesn't deserve that reminder that in her mind, she wasn't good enough. Plus, just because he likes books doesn't suddenly make him compatible with Bree. Go away, David.
Both guys...need to go away. Power to the sisterhood!

Quote:
I liked it too. I am waiting for the speech though where he announces his part in why their mother left all those years ago. I honestly think it's coming. It really should. But yes, that last scene was great.
Mick is not innocent in their mother leaving, no matter how much I don't like the mother. With the later parts of Season 1, it's clear to see why Megan wanted to leave. Mick can be neglecting, harsh and very cold when it comes to communication. Megan felt isolated and alone, who wants to live in a one person marriage, no one. I can see why she would leave. I just wonder how Mick picked up the pieces after Megan left. The children are amazing. I know Gran helped a lot, but Mick does have a great relationship with all the kids.

But to leave as long as she did and not have any communication with her children. That's on her! I still hate her for that. You divorce spouses, not children!

Quote:
I liked him better in this episode. I speculated that he was relieved and glad Georgia left because he didn't try hard to keep her there. It was confirmed that was the case. He did say he still loved her though so I wonder if they will work things out eventually. I hope not. I can't stand her. You can tell he's still very scarred from his past and I loved that Jess reached out to him. That was awesome. Jess is my favorite, hands down. I love her.
I want to say it's more that they've been together for a very long and they have seen each other through a lot. We, as civilians have no idea what goes on in Afghanistan. So we don't know who Kevin and Georgia connected. Did they connect because they were over there alone? Did they connect because they had things in common. It doesn't seem like they have things in common but we don't know much about Kevin and even less about Georgia. We see them not being compatible at all, why are they even together. Kevin's not stupid, he wouldn't just want to marry a girl to marry a girl. He had a reason to want to marry her and have a plan to spend the rest of his life with her. For the life of me, I can't figure out why. Kevin's easy going, let it fly. Georgia is very hands on, some might say controlling. But we didn't get to know her but yet, Georgia didn't allow us to get to know her. She was all Nurse Georgia, no questions asked. How do we get to like her when we can't even get to know her?

Quote:
I actually could easily like Leigh if she leaves Trace alone romantically. I can see why Connor finds her hot and appealing. I wonder if something might happen between them.
She certainly is a pushing little thing, isn't she. I can tell that Leigh is a great musician and really cares about Trace and his music. She's seen him in his limelight, having fun on stage. But is that all Leigh sees is music. Trace is so much more than music and relationships. He's an amazing person and she, I don't think, has seen that. I don't know what Leigh's motive is, but it doesn't seem to really fit with what Trace really wants in Chesapeake Shores. It only fits to what she wants and how Trace used to be...on stage.

Quote:
That was the best moment of the episode if you ask me. It was the most important. It was everything. She opened up on something very, very serious and emotional for her. She was vulnerable and went there. I was proud of Jess!
Jess is really coming into her own. I want her to succeed so badly...for herself. Not just with the B&B, but to know she can do anything she sets her mind to. I don't want her to think she has to put a B&B to meet new people. Although Chesapeake Shores isn't full of new people, but I feel like Jess is on the shy side and is just waiting for the perfect moment to...bloom.

Quote:
I absolutely adore Abby/Trace. They make Dawson/Joey and even Pacey/Joey look pathetic by comparison. There is so much chemistry between the actors I can hardly stand it. When Abby took Trace to "their spot" that she felt safe in (she did that since she was jealous over Leigh being there but felt secure again taking him there) and they were sitting there, I almost felt like the entire atmosphere/world closed up around them and it was just the two of them sitting there, inhaling each other, just melting together, they are so thick with chemistry, love and caring. I love this pairing, they are so beautiful together. I can't wait to see more of them in season 2!
These two certainly do give you the "our own little world" affect, don't they . I love that they have "their spot" already. In some ways it's like they were never apart. Feels like it just took time to get them back together. I just want to know how close they were before Abby left for New York and built her life there.

Quote:
I thought she had ready moved back to Chesapeake Shores, she has her own house. I didn't realize she was renting. It was only a matter of time that Megan would move back to Chesapeake Shores. I can see her getting closer to the children. But I don't want to see her ever getting back with Mick, I think there's just too much damage there.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-14-2016, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
This one was extra special. It showed what Chesapeake Shores really is. FAMILY. Mick talking about his family and everything that everyone has accomplished and how he feels about their accomplishments, golden! I just want this show to come back so bad so I can love these characters that much more! It's insane not knowing the fate of this show!
I know! The network just needs to announce renewal already. The actors are even doing bits talking about it being the #1 show. If they're doing stuff like that, you can tell the network is high on the show. Announce renewal now!

Quote:
None of this really surprised me with Trace, to be honest. Yeah, it's not a great situation by any means, but not surprising.

He cares about Abby, he always has. But Trace has been on his own FOR A VERY LONG TIME. It doesn't excuse his behavior, but it explains it. Whatever he's dealt with his father over time he doesn't want anyone, you know, burdened with. He seemed genuinely concerned about his father, as he should be. He knows him and Abby are solid and she will always be there.

It will be a nice relationship twist for Trace to be reamed over the coals by Abby. She needs a man who will communicate with her and not just assume everything is going to be okay. I think Trace needs to be a little bit more understanding about who is in his life now. There's Abby, she has kids, she can't have the guy in her life just running out without an explanation.
Exactly. It was a good sign when Trace opened up to her about the car accident and his band-mate. He knows he can trust Abby. But you make a good point about Trace being on his own for a long time. He had a distant relationship with his father and while his relationship with his mother seems better, you can tell they still didn't have an ideal relationship either, not one where he'd confide in her very much. He's finally together romantically with Abby which is what he's always wanted. I guess it's going to take time to naturally go there without having the instinct to run and handle his personal problems on his own. But I have a feeling Abby's going to talk to him about this. She doesn't strike me as someone who will put up with it for long. She was married to Wes! She's been to hell already, lol. Not that she'd ever think Trace would cheat on her but she does have a history of someone deceiving her. She's going to want her relationship with Trace to be honest and trusting from the start.

Quote:
I know guys don't get the girl code or sister code when liking someone becomes a conflict. But it's a conflict. He, unless he's blind, which is possible. He should see there is a conflict between the sisters. I mean there's a brother code about the same thing when dating girls. It's the same thing with sisters and dating guys.
He has to see there is conflict. I just don't think he wants to do anything about it. I think he wants to be with Bree and either loves that Jess likes him or he doesn't know how to tell her he wants to be with Bree, especially since she offered him a possible career-changing job opportunity. I don't buy his passiveness though. Not saying anything or trying to make the situation better is even worse than openly trying to deal with the situation and being honest about feelings. If he likes and wants to be with Bree, he should tell Jess that straight up. The right thing to do would be to tell them both he just wants to be friends but he's certainly not going to do that since he wants Bree. He's basically a wimp who wants the sisters to fight it out and Bree to come running to him.

Quote:
That was more than uncomfortable. They've known each other for live five minutes and he's jealous of an ex boyfriend! I mean come on! This guy has no business dating anyone especially sisters. He's just going to mess everything up.
Right! I couldn't believe his non-verbal communication. He acted like he was being cheated on almost. It was ridiculous. They are not together, and hardly even know each other! They know they both like to read and that's it. There is nothing between them. He had no right looking like he was jealous. I really hope he goes away soon but since he's working for Jess I guess that's probably not happening. I just hate that any screentime is wasted on this situation. He's pointless. There's so many other things to focus on instead.

Quote:
It's going to get super uncomfortable very quickly. I hate that Jess found someone that can be a great chef at her inn and he's going to screw it up. I know he hasn't even started yet, but I can see this going bad very quickly. I want Jess to succeed with her inn so badly and I think hiring this guy is a huge mistake. I know she's super excited and think she can control her feelings but Jess is all about feelings and it's just not going to go well
I know it. I don't see it working out either. It wasn't the right decision at all. Once again, Jess is going to get hurt.

Quote:
Both guys...need to go away. Power to the sisterhood!
Right on!

Quote:
Mick is not innocent in their mother leaving, no matter how much I don't like the mother. With the later parts of Season 1, it's clear to see why Megan wanted to leave. Mick can be neglecting, harsh and very cold when it comes to communication. Megan felt isolated and alone, who wants to live in a one person marriage, no one. I can see why she would leave. I just wonder how Mick picked up the pieces after Megan left. The children are amazing. I know Gran helped a lot, but Mick does have a great relationship with all the kids.

But to leave as long as she did and not have any communication with her children. That's on her! I still hate her for that. You divorce spouses, not children!
I really wonder if there was an agreement between Mick and Megan about her seeing the children. It might have been on his terms. I wonder if there's more to the situation. She immediately reunited and is closer than ever with Abby and her Grandchildren because they entered her living environment where she had to go because she had help there given friends, etc. I have to wonder if there were conditions about her returning to CS. Mick really did paralyze her. Given how he still doesn't listen to her that much (angrily drove away from her, literally stranding her on the road) I would guess Mick got so angry she decided not to stay and be under his control, he might have told her she couldn't return for visits, or with all his money he'd fight her in court and win. She also probably worried about what he would do with the children around too. She didn't want the children exposed to their failed marriage. Like the showrunner said, she made a heartbreaking decision FOR her children because she was in an impossible situation with Mick.

I hope they address why she didn't visit CS. I have a feeling there might have been a reason that could have been out of her control.

While they were growing up Mick was still distant with the children some and there were issues. At the beginning of season 1, Jess had both her parents in the doghouse. She was bitter and pissed at Mick too. She warmed up to him more quickly because he was the parent that didn't leave but she had major issues with her father too.

It's a terribly complex situation to be sure. I hope more is revealed because I have a feeling we have only scratched the surface on the broken relationship between Mick and Megan while the children were growing up.

Quote:
I want to say it's more that they've been together for a very long and they have seen each other through a lot. We, as civilians have no idea what goes on in Afghanistan. So we don't know who Kevin and Georgia connected. Did they connect because they were over there alone? Did they connect because they had things in common. It doesn't seem like they have things in common but we don't know much about Kevin and even less about Georgia. We see them not being compatible at all, why are they even together. Kevin's not stupid, he wouldn't just want to marry a girl to marry a girl. He had a reason to want to marry her and have a plan to spend the rest of his life with her. For the life of me, I can't figure out why. Kevin's easy going, let it fly. Georgia is very hands on, some might say controlling. But we didn't get to know her but yet, Georgia didn't allow us to get to know her. She was all Nurse Georgia, no questions asked. How do we get to like her when we can't even get to know her?
Very true. My psychological take is Kevin wanted a controlling/always there feminine figure in his life because he wanted to make up for his mother not being there. That's why he picked this larger than life, take charge potential marriage partner in Georgia. But I also think what he felt he wanted while at war, away from home is completely different from what he wants now. I think now that he's home, recovering, knowing he's never going back, allows him to get perspective and analyze what he truly wants to do with the rest of his life. He might be realizing while he loves Georgia and is thankful for their time together in the past, he can't see himself living day to day with her during this new phase of his life. Or he knows his wants and desires do not match hers. He wants to go to medical school, he wants to be near his family. He knows she's never going to go for living anywhere near Chesapeake Shores and that could be a deal breaker for Kevin.

Quote:
She certainly is a pushing little thing, isn't she. I can tell that Leigh is a great musician and really cares about Trace and his music. She's seen him in his limelight, having fun on stage. But is that all Leigh sees is music. Trace is so much more than music and relationships. He's an amazing person and she, I don't think, has seen that. I don't know what Leigh's motive is, but it doesn't seem to really fit with what Trace really wants in Chesapeake Shores. It only fits to what she wants and how Trace used to be...on stage.
I can't tell if she's using him for music/livelihood/money or she does have true feelings for him as well. It's really hard to know. It seems like if she had genuine feelings she'd think of him and his needs first before trying to throw him back in the music scene again. She's pushing music more than actually focusing on Trace, the person. But from the way Jess describes her, she's talented and could go on in the music industry and be successful on her own too so why does she need Trace? It's weird.

Quote:
Jess is really coming into her own. I want her to succeed so badly...for herself. Not just with the B&B, but to know she can do anything she sets her mind to. I don't want her to think she has to put a B&B to meet new people. Although Chesapeake Shores isn't full of new people, but I feel like Jess is on the shy side and is just waiting for the perfect moment to...bloom.
Agreed. I love Jess so much. At the beginning of season 1, it almost seemed like an impossibility/unreachable dream for her to even open this B&B, let alone get it up and running. She's actually probably the most successful out of the entire family (minus Connor who got through Law School which is a huge deal too) which is so great.

Quote:
These two certainly do give you the "our own little world" affect, don't they . I love that they have "their spot" already. In some ways it's like they were never apart. Feels like it just took time to get them back together. I just want to know how close they were before Abby left for New York and built her life there.
I would love just a show starring Abby and Trace and each episode we could have them sitting in their little spot and telling us stories about each day in their lives growing up until Abby left for NYC. That would be a successful series lasting about 8 seasons long with excellent ratings.

Quote:
I thought she had ready moved back to Chesapeake Shores, she has her own house. I didn't realize she was renting. It was only a matter of time that Megan would move back to Chesapeake Shores. I can see her getting closer to the children. But I don't want to see her ever getting back with Mick, I think there's just too much damage there.
I am wondering about that too. I can't see it either but it is rather interesting that both Mick and Megan are single. You have to wonder why that is. I do think they still love each other but their communication is damaged. They would have to be friends first before anything else and even then it might be too late.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-14-2016 at 08:51 AM
Old 10-17-2016, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I know! The network just needs to announce renewal already. The actors are even doing bits talking about it being the #1 show. If they're doing stuff like that, you can tell the network is high on the show. Announce renewal now!
I keep thinking they're trying to secure contracts and figure out how many episodes to give this series. I'd love a full 22 episode season, that would thrill me to no end. But with Hallmark shows, I don't know if they do a full 22 episode slot for tv shows? Even a 12 episode Season I'd be okay with since we only got 8 episodes for the first season, right?! And they better have a DVD set that comes out, you know every one of us is going to do an epic rewatch and wear the DVD discs out! I just can't get enough of this show.

Quote:
Exactly. It was a good sign when Trace opened up to her about the car accident and his band-mate. He knows he can trust Abby. But you make a good point about Trace being on his own for a long time. He had a distant relationship with his father and while his relationship with his mother seems better, you can tell they still didn't have an ideal relationship either, not one where he'd confide in her very much.
With you bringing up the strained relationship with Trace and his parents. It got me thinking. With Trace on his own for so long, did he shut people out. I can see communication with his father is ill at best. Then he went on that music tour for who knows how long and if ever kept in touch with his family in Chesapeake Shores. He looks to have a lot of guilt when it comes to a relationship with his father. I find it to be a two way street kind of like with Andy/Ephram. Both were at fault for their relationship but neither was able to really admit it. With Trace's father now being in the hospital, I think, or I hope things might change. I really hope they don't change so much that Trace ends up working for him, but that seems to be the rate that they're going with Trace's father continuously asking him to take over the business.

Quote:
He's finally together romantically with Abby which is what he's always wanted. I guess it's going to take time to naturally go there without having the instinct to run and handle his personal problems on his own. But I have a feeling Abby's going to talk to him about this. She doesn't strike me as someone who will put up with it for long. She was married to Wes! She's been to hell already, lol. Not that she'd ever think Trace would cheat on her but she does have a history of someone deceiving her. She's going to want her relationship with Trace to be honest and trusting from the start.
With Abby and Trace it's not a new relationship. She knows he's a good man and doesn't just go off without good reason. But I think he still needs to be reminded that his actions affect someone else on a daily basis if he wants this relationship to work, which clearly he does since he waited 16 years for them to finally get it right.

With Trace running off like that, I think it might create some reservations that Abby has since she was married to Wes and Wes wasn't exactly what we call a model citizen.

Quote:
He has to see there is conflict. I just don't think he wants to do anything about it. I think he wants to be with Bree and either loves that Jess likes him or he doesn't know how to tell her he wants to be with Bree, especially since she offered him a possible career-changing job opportunity. I don't buy his passiveness though. Not saying anything or trying to make the situation better is even worse than openly trying to deal with the situation and being honest about feelings. If he likes and wants to be with Bree, he should tell Jess that straight up. The right thing to do would be to tell them both he just wants to be friends but he's certainly not going to do that since he wants Bree. He's basically a wimp who wants the sisters to fight it out and Bree to come running to him.
If this guy is waiting for the girls to figure it out and come crawling to him, I wouldn't advise him to hold his breath. These girls, through a lot of circumstances, have figured out how to trust each other and to be sisters first and guys will be second. So this guy has another thing coming if he thinks he's going to win out on this one!

Quote:
Right! I couldn't believe his non-verbal communication. He acted like he was being cheated on almost. It was ridiculous. They are not together, and hardly even know each other! They know they both like to read and that's it. There is nothing between them. He had no right looking like he was jealous. I really hope he goes away soon but since he's working for Jess I guess that's probably not happening. I just hate that any screentime is wasted on this situation. He's pointless. There's so many other things to focus on instead.
I thought the same thing! I was wondering why he was back and is there going to be this storyline in the second season considering he came back in the season finale.

To be honest, I am disappointed in Bree. Her taking Martin back just floored me. She spent so long getting over Martin and now just taking him back. It's going to end badly, I know it is. Then she'll seek emotional support and it's just gonna be really bad.

Quote:
I really wonder if there was an agreement between Mick and Megan about her seeing the children. It might have been on his terms. I wonder if there's more to the situation. She immediately reunited and is closer than ever with Abby and her Grandchildren because they entered her living environment where she had to go because she had help there given friends, etc. I have to wonder if there were conditions about her returning to CS. Mick really did paralyze her. Given how he still doesn't listen to her that much (angrily drove away from her, literally stranding her on the road) I would guess Mick got so angry she decided not to stay and be under his control, he might have told her she couldn't return for visits, or with all his money he'd fight her in court and win. She also probably worried about what he would do with the children around too. She didn't want the children exposed to their failed marriage. Like the showrunner said, she made a heartbreaking decision FOR her children because she was in an impossible situation with Mick.
You do bring up an excellent point! Megan fell back into being around very easily like she hadn't been gone all that long. Then to bond with the children so easily again. I wonder what Mick told the children when Megan left? Did Megan tell the children she was leaving. I can't forgive her for leaving or especially being gone for as long as she did. I guess it was something she had to do the save the family. I do feel that there was like an understanding of why she left with the older kids, but it didn't resonate with Jess because she was so young and didn't have a mom in the formative years like Abby had. So there can be that resentment there.

Quote:
It's a terribly complex situation to be sure. I hope more is revealed because I have a feeling we have only scratched the surface on the broken relationship between Mick and Megan while the children were growing up.
Absolutely! The tension with Mick and Megan when they had their little argument in the road is a clear indication that even though Megan has good terms with the children, she didn't leave on good terms with Mick. Mick is a huge reason on why she left or Megan feel that she had to leave.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-18-2016, 02:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^ Will respond to that later today but wanted to post this which is so cool!

Chesapeake Shores Ends First Season As The Most Successful Series In Hallmark Channel History

Season 2 here we come. We might not have a confirmation yet but that link and content... all but confirms it.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
^^ Will respond to that later today but wanted to post this which is so cool!

Chesapeake Shores Ends First Season As The Most Successful Series In Hallmark Channel History

Season 2 here we come. We might not have a confirmation yet but that link and content... all but confirms it.
Fantastic news!

I will read and respond to all the other thoughts when I return!
Old 10-18-2016, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Fantastic news!

I will read and respond to all the other thoughts when I return!
Take your time.

I am just so happy at how our show is resonating with people. It's refreshing. Usually cheap drama and lower quality shows is the rule on TV these days. It's so nice to know that a great show with Everwood-like qualities can be well received and embraced in this day and age.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm hoping that this is an indication to bring this type of shows back to mainstream television. All the drama and sex that they put into shows on ABC and those networks aren't what people want anymore.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-19-2016, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I agree. It's getting sickening. I did think Everwood-type shows were lost as a result but I think CS proves that's not true, people are willing to find this type of show still. It's refreshing. Hopefully the main networks get a clue this is the case.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I keep thinking they're trying to secure contracts and figure out how many episodes to give this series. I'd love a full 22 episode season, that would thrill me to no end. But with Hallmark shows, I don't know if they do a full 22 episode slot for tv shows? Even a 12 episode Season I'd be okay with since we only got 8 episodes for the first season, right?! And they better have a DVD set that comes out, you know every one of us is going to do an epic rewatch and wear the DVD discs out! I just can't get enough of this show.
I hope the DVD arrives fairly soon. I have the episodes on my DVR but it'd be nice to watch the episodes without commercials and the bonus material the DVR provides. I would love 22 episodes in season 2. Guaranteed that's not going to happen but it sure would be nice.

I think this series was a hit on the network and it received 11-13 episodes a season. Why we received less episodes in season 1 I am not sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedar_Cove_(TV_series)

The scary thing is I think that series went out on top of its game. The network pulled the plug and people were upset about it. So I think Hallmark does have a tendency to keep their series shorter.

Quote:
With you bringing up the strained relationship with Trace and his parents. It got me thinking. With Trace on his own for so long, did he shut people out. I can see communication with his father is ill at best. Then he went on that music tour for who knows how long and if ever kept in touch with his family in Chesapeake Shores. He looks to have a lot of guilt when it comes to a relationship with his father. I find it to be a two way street kind of like with Andy/Ephram. Both were at fault for their relationship but neither was able to really admit it. With Trace's father now being in the hospital, I think, or I hope things might change. I really hope they don't change so much that Trace ends up working for him, but that seems to be the rate that they're going with Trace's father continuously asking him to take over the business.
I totally agree that their relationship is a two way street just like Andy and Ephram. It's very difficult to fully blame one party.

Quote:
With Abby and Trace it's not a new relationship. She knows he's a good man and doesn't just go off without good reason. But I think he still needs to be reminded that his actions affect someone else on a daily basis if he wants this relationship to work, which clearly he does since he waited 16 years for them to finally get it right.

With Trace running off like that, I think it might create some reservations that Abby has since she was married to Wes and Wes wasn't exactly what we call a model citizen.
Right. Abby is too wise now when it comes to relationships. She's not going to put up with sht anymore. She's going to be very careful. Trace is definitely going to have to improve when it comes to communication. They aren't teenagers anymore. He told her about the car accident. If he could open up to her about that (and even break down in her arms) then you'd think general communication should be relatively easy. I do think his being on his own for a while probably plays a part in all of this. He's never had to check in with anyone. He set his own hours being a musician and lived a life that was free flowing where planning things on the fly was the norm. He needs to realize he's not living like that anymore. He's all in with Abby so he should treat her like his better half which means constant communication and trust.

Quote:
If this guy is waiting for the girls to figure it out and come crawling to him, I wouldn't advise him to hold his breath. These girls, through a lot of circumstances, have figured out how to trust each other and to be sisters first and guys will be second. So this guy has another thing coming if he thinks he's going to win out on this one!
Agreed! That's why I hope neither girl ends up with him.

Quote:
I thought the same thing! I was wondering why he was back and is there going to be this storyline in the second season considering he came back in the season finale.

To be honest, I am disappointed in Bree. Her taking Martin back just floored me. She spent so long getting over Martin and now just taking him back. It's going to end badly, I know it is. Then she'll seek emotional support and it's just gonna be really bad.
Definitely. Plus, you can tell Martin is mainly back for business purposes. Bree is definitely flighty and weak when it comes to men, at least right now. She didn't strike me as a woman who would be like this.

Quote:
You do bring up an excellent point! Megan fell back into being around very easily like she hadn't been gone all that long. Then to bond with the children so easily again. I wonder what Mick told the children when Megan left? Did Megan tell the children she was leaving. I can't forgive her for leaving or especially being gone for as long as she did. I guess it was something she had to do the save the family. I do feel that there was like an understanding of why she left with the older kids, but it didn't resonate with Jess because she was so young and didn't have a mom in the formative years like Abby had. So there can be that resentment there.
There has to be way more to this story. I hope we receive all the backstory. I have a feeling we will as the children grow closer to their mother. I am sure they'll ask questions.

Quote:
Absolutely! The tension with Mick and Megan when they had their little argument in the road is a clear indication that even though Megan has good terms with the children, she didn't leave on good terms with Mick. Mick is a huge reason on why she left or Megan feel that she had to leave.
Exactly!
Old 12-20-2016, 05:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I wonder when we'll get word on season 2. I searched and couldn't find anything.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I am putting off the final few episodes till we know if there is a s2.