Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2016, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu
I can't watch on the site but I found a place to get it elsewhere. I just finished the pilot today and I adored it.

Quote:
A few thoughts:

I love Jess even though she is overdramatic and a mess. Her mother leaving really seemed to have affected her.

Abby and Trace are of course my favs both together and apart. I really want to know what happened with Trace that made him leave and I am so glad jesse is singing again. He has such a beautiful voice.

The sister who is the playwright (forget her name) seems super interesting and Treat's character reminds me so much of Andy except in many ways he is so much worse in that he thinks putting food on the table is enough. I love the little girls, they are so adorable.
LOVEEEEE your thoughts! I adore Jess. I either want to be her best friend or just hug her for a second. She's fragile but independent and sweet. She's got such a great combination of traits and she's so loyal when it comes to her siblings and family.

I knew you'd like Abby and Trace! YAY!

We are just finding out NOW what happened in Nashville so it's going to be a while before you find out. Beautiful voice, indeed.

Who does Abby and Trace remind you of? Ephram/Amy? Dawson/Joey? Pacey/Joey? Another couple? Or are they just totally different? They definitely are the type of pairing we dig... slow burn, best friends first, emotional connection followed by romantic connection.

I love Bree too. Seriously, I love all the siblings! They're all amazing. So true about Treat's character. You see Andy Brown big time but much, much worse, indeed. Wait until you get into why the mom left and all of that. You'll see Mick's part in it.

The acting is phenomenal. This show is tremendous.

So glad you found a way to watch!

When will you watch 1.2?
Old 09-29-2016, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Shu, you are going to continue to love Jess! She just gets more lovable as the series continues. So glad you love the show!
You're right about Mick. He is Andy..but much worse! But there are times when he is the sweet Andy who we love.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

[QUOTE=The Apt;87656037]

LOVEEEEE your thoughts! I adore Jess. I either want to be her best friend or just hug her for a second. She's fragile but independent and sweet. She's got such a great combination of traits and she's so loyal when it comes to her siblings and family.[quote]

Jess has got spunk and I always love that in a character.

Quote:
I knew you'd like Abby and Trace! YAY!

We are just finding out NOW what happened in Nashville so it's going to be a while before you find out. Beautiful voice, indeed.

Who does Abby and Trace remind you of? Ephram/Amy? Dawson/Joey? Pacey/Joey? Another couple? Or are they just totally different? They definitely are the type of pairing we dig... slow burn, best friends first, emotional connection followed by romantic connection.
I see shades of amy/ephram, but mostly they remind me of Christopher and Elena from the Dallas reboot (before the show got dumb. They grew up together where childhood friends/lovers) but they def have that connection and emotional depth we usually like in our pairings. Plus there chem is off the chart!

Quote:
When will you watch 1.2?
hopefully tomorrow. I just realized that Global TV airs the show so I wanna try and catch up ASAP. Do you guys know how many episodes s1 got?
Old 09-29-2016, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Jess has got spunk and I always love that in a character.
She does and the actress is amazing too.

Quote:
I see shades of amy/ephram, but mostly they remind me of Christopher and Elena from the Dallas reboot (before the show got dumb. They grew up together where childhood friends/lovers) but they def have that connection and emotional depth we usually like in our pairings. Plus there chem is off the chart!
It really is. Yes, definitely that connection with emotional depth we like. You make me want to check out Christopher and Elena now! LOL

Quote:
hopefully tomorrow. I just realized that Global TV airs the show so I wanna try and catch up ASAP. Do you guys know how many episodes s1 got?
Oh sweet! That's awesome!

I believe there will be 10 episodes. I can't get 100% confirmation but from what I've gathered so far it will be 10. For sure 10 at least because I see the dates when the episodes will air and I read on one site 10 episodes were ordered so pretty sure we're talking 10 episodes total.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Second Chances

Really good episode.

Yes, completely understandable that Trace would feel really guilty about the car accident. Thankfully no drinking was involved. It was a legit accident even if he admitted he was probably going faster than he should have been going. But how many people haven't gone a little over the speed limit from time to time? I honestly don't totally blame him even if I understand, given the decent person he is, why he's taking the 100% blame.

I loved that Trace confided in Abby about the situation. I think he felt comfortable the second she dropped off that guitar he stored at her house when they were growing up. She put him in that safe place so he was able to reach out. Love these two. Love how she just listened and held him while he sobbed in her arms. Beautiful.

I might be in the minority still, but after what we found out about why Megan left, I blame Mick 100% more than her. I really do. Not only did he emotionally abuse her (we even saw how he still does it by driving away, he did the same thing to Connor in a prior episode too so the behavior is still there), not listening to her, but he used power and money to keep the children there AND basically held her prisoner to where she had no other choice. As a woman myself who is also a psychologist... sorry, when you are abused, ignored or being taken advantage of, you are courageous finding a way to leave. Sure, she left her children but she didn't want to, she wanted to keep being a mother but he made sure it was all or nothing with her... she either stayed and was forced to work it out for the 303030303030 time or she lost everything. That is gross. To make it even worse, he used the money and power so he kept the kids AND STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL neglects them by working endless hours and never being there for them physically and emotionally. Megan was the victim here.

That said, I still like Mick because another part of him is good and he's trying to make up for things. I just can't believe he hasn't taken ownership and responsibility for the situation. I KNEW given Gran still loved and was welcoming Megan there was way more to the story and I said as much very early on. Now we know why Gran still loves and supports Megan.

If the children truly knew what Mick did to drive a woman in a paralyzed situation away who was their mother, they would be livid. Megan has never called Mick out on this in front of the children either. She has stayed silent taking all the punishment for leaving because she was put in such a pathetic situation. It's so sad.

Betty, I completely agree about Kevin being a prick in this one. He was so rude and disrespectful to Connor. Wow. Now we know why Connor has jabbed back at him in the past too. Kevin was really bullying Connor when they were in the treehouse. Also, going up to the treehouse and climbing was all his idea too. Kevin falling was not on Connor, it was on Kevin. Very true about Georgia taking in the false information Kevin gave her which also puts Georgia in a better light this episode. Kevin did insult and rip his family without giving her true facts which made Georgia come on strongly against his family as a result. It seems as if Kevin has a little bit of his father's DNA. I also wonder about the wedding too. They have lack of communication and even weird trust issues. She doesn't really want to be there but you can tell she's warming up to it just a tad. Kevin is the one that might wreck the marriage actually.

I do not like Bree and Jess liking the same guy. Stupid. I can't even tell which one he likes more which is annoying. I hope Jess doesn't get hurt, that's all I care about. Bree is more mature and can handle things better than Jess. Plus, Bree just got dumped, she has no business dating right now anyway without taking a breath. Jess has felt rejection her entire life so for her sister to cause the next punch in the gut, just no.

Gram is definitely mysterious. I kind of like it but the other part of me wonders if she's truly dying and lied to Mick about being healthy. It seemed like she was giving that ring to Abby so she'd follow her heart (Trace) and almost be the next caregiver of the family. It was a really strange conversation, almost a goodbye. Even her saying she wanted one peaceful meal was very odd and felt final... it reminded me of The Last Supper almost.

I was happy that the property might work out and Trace can run the business overall while Mick owns it. I hope it's not too good to be true but for right now, it seems okay. We'll see how it evolves.

Last edited by The Apt; 09-30-2016 at 10:09 AM
Old 10-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Episode 2

Interesting follow up to the pilot. I liked Kevin a lot. Not so sure about Conor he's really obnoxious imo.
I didn't expect to like or feel sorry for the mom, but I did. I especially love the relationship between Gran and the mom. After all she left her son and grandbabies, so for her to still have soft spot for her was interesting.
Jess is so up and down. She needs to stop running and face her issues with her mom and dad head instead of avoiding them.
I like that Mick is making an effort to be more there for his kids. Also, its nice that he has an amicable relationship with the mom (what's her name again?"

Um what-the-hell trace? What's going on with you and why are you trying to rush Abby into a relationship?

Poor Abby, her husband is such a jerk! I hate him!

Can't wait for the next episode.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Episode 2

Interesting follow up to the pilot. I liked Kevin a lot. Not so sure about Conor he's really obnoxious imo.
I didn't expect to like or feel sorry for the mom, but I did. I especially love the relationship between Gran and the mom. After all she left her son and grandbabies, so for her to still have soft spot for her was interesting.
We think so much alike, Shu. That's precisely what I said way up thread after viewing this episode. We are in the minority on this thread.

It's true... I do feel sorry for the mother, and have a soft spot for her. I also mentioned just like you that I appreciate and love the relationship between Gran and Megan (that's her name) and if Gran still loves and supports Megan, obviously there's way more to the story and trust me, there is... you'll find out later why she left.

Quote:
Jess is so up and down. She needs to stop running and face her issues with her mom and dad head instead of avoiding them.
I like that Mick is making an effort to be more there for his kids. Also, its nice that he has an amicable relationship with the mom (what's her name again?"

Um what-the-hell trace? What's going on with you and why are you trying to rush Abby into a relationship?
He loves her, that much is obvious. He wants to basically do what he wanted to do when he followed her to NYC... not hesitate. But he does get that things need to move slowly overall... even if he has moments of wanting to heat things up like yesterday! LOL

Quote:
Poor Abby, her husband is such a jerk! I hate him!
He's a pig and only gets worse!

Last edited by The Apt; 10-02-2016 at 09:09 AM
Old 10-02-2016, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

All new tonight, guys! I'll be watching football so will have to watch later on tonight/early tomorrow morning.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
All new tonight, guys! I'll be watching football so will have to watch later on tonight/early tomorrow morning.
I don't think I will be able to catch up in time to watch live. But, I am dling ep 3 and 4 today. I am already getting into that mode where I just wanna eat up a bunch of episodes but I don't have that kind of time.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Episode 2

e.
Conor will grow on you and Kevin may not.
It's interesting that you feel sorry for the mom (being a mom yourself) but I have say that she is growing on me as I gain an understanding of why she left.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)

I loved that Trace confided in Abby about the situation. I think he felt comfortable the second she dropped off that guitar he stored at her house when they were growing up. She put him in that safe place so he was able to reach out. Love these two. Love how she just listened and held him while he sobbed in her arms. Beautiful.
Their relationship is becoming so much less strained and awkward and they are becoming very comfortable with each other which is great!

Quote:
If the children truly knew what Mick did to drive a woman in a paralyzed situation away who was their mother, they would be livid. Megan has never called Mick out on this in front of the children either. She has stayed silent taking all the punishment for leaving because she was put in such a pathetic situation. It's so sad.
That does show alot of class that she never bad mouths Mick in front of the children. I don't think Mick bad mouths Megan either.

Quote:
Betty, I completely agree about Kevin being a prick in this one. He was so rude and disrespectful to Connor. Wow. Now we know why Connor has jabbed back at him in the past too. Kevin was really bullying Connor when they were in the treehouse. Also, going up to the treehouse and climbing was all his idea too. Kevin falling was not on Connor, it was on Kevin.
I hope the family does not blame Connor for this. They probably will.
Quote:
Gram is definitely mysterious. I kind of like it but the other part of me wonders if she's truly dying and lied to Mick about being healthy. It seemed like she was giving that ring to Abby so she'd follow her heart (Trace) and almost be the next caregiver of the family. It was a really strange conversation, almost a goodbye. Even her saying she wanted one peaceful meal was very odd and felt final... it reminded me of The Last Supper almost

Wow! I love the way you figure stuff out so symbolically. The last supper...perfect. I hope it's not her last supper, but I do believe she is dying.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Conor will grow on you and Kevin may not.
It's interesting that you feel sorry for the mom (being a mom yourself) but I have say that she is growing on me as I gain an understanding of why she left.
I didn't like that she left the kids like that in the pilot. But, after meeting her I got the sense that there was more to the story and by ep 3 you can see really loves her kids. I just wonder why she left them.

Episode 3

This was definitely and emotional gut-punch. I still find Conor annoying, but you can see there is a lot of pain there with him especially in terms of his parents. Conor is right, the family is fractured and they are all pretending like nothing is wrong.

Bree, oh Bree I love her so much. Maybe its that writer in me that understands her struggle. She is also such a good sister. She tries so hard to be empathetic and diplomatic with everyone despite her own issues.

Wes is a dick and I hope Abby wins full custody.

That painting Abby drew really threw me. I never saw her as an artist type, but its prob what drew her and Trace together. I am loving how they are writing abby/trace. They are taking their time and it really helps that the chemistry is so natural.
Mick really messed up with his kids and you can see that he is finally realizing that. He is trying, but it is going to take a lot to make up for 17 years of pain.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Their relationship is becoming so much less strained and awkward and they are becoming very comfortable with each other which is great!
I'm really loving it. It's like there was endless romantic tension initially. It calmed down some when it was established their romantic future is a strong possibility. Now they're developing their best friendship again. They are sort of starting all over while walking right to that romantic reunion.

Quote:
That does show alot of class that she never bad mouths Mick in front of the children. I don't think Mick bad mouths Megan either.
He knows better, lol. He knows how much trouble he caused with her. He knows if he ever went there the truth would come out about him.

Quote:
I hope the family does not blame Connor for this. They probably will.
It would be really weak if they did. Kevin better say it was all his idea.

Quote:
Wow! I love the way you figure stuff out so symbolically. The last supper...perfect. I hope it's not her last supper, but I do believe she is dying.
Thanks.

Yes, I think she's definitely not going to last much longer physically on earth.

This show is based on a book series and I'm tempted to take a look and see how everything turns out but I keep resisting.
Old 10-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I'm definitely a mother figure to Anna and Sara (Godmother, aunt, and so much more) and I could easily see that there was more to her story with Megan. I think it was obvious from day 1 actually. All you had to do was look at Mick and see as much. Plus, like I mentioned very early on, Gran was the key. Her reaction to Megan proved there was much more to the story. Gran knows Mick basically pushed her into an impossible situation. She knows this.

Last edited by The Apt; 10-03-2016 at 08:39 AM
Old 10-03-2016, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I didn't like that she left the kids like that in the pilot. But, after meeting her I got the sense that there was more to the story and by ep 3 you can see really loves her kids. I just wonder why she left them.
Me too. We are in the minority here apparently. Most wanted her stoned regardless.

Quote:
Bree, oh Bree I love her so much. Maybe its that writer in me that understands her struggle. She is also such a good sister. She tries so hard to be empathetic and diplomatic with everyone despite her own issues.
She's so great. I flirt back and forth between which sister I like more, but have now come to the conclusion that I don't have to choose. They're all great!

Quote:
That painting Abby drew really threw me. I never saw her as an artist type, but its prob what drew her and Trace together. I am loving how they are writing abby/trace. They are taking their time and it really helps that the chemistry is so natural.
Agreed. The story and pairing is special.

Quote:
Mick really messed up with his kids and you can see that he is finally realizing that. He is trying, but it is going to take a lot to make up for 17 years of pain.
Absolutely. Wait until you find out why Megan left and Mick's part in it. There's a lot on his plate he has to make up for, that is for sure.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top