Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I think Kevin thought Georgia was the girl for him. He had been in Afghanistan for a few years, completely shattered from reality. Georgia had the same military interests as Kevin did, but not the same faily goals. With Kevin being away from his family for all that time, I think he forgot what it felt like to have all of them around. So returning to home and Georgia being unapologetic and the family being stunned by their engagement, I think it gave Kevin a lot to think about. Like how did Abby tell her parents she was engaged, it definitely wasn't "here's my fiance" when no one has laid two eyes on her fiance. I think being at home, even with Georgia taking care of him, really made Kevin realize how important family is. He loved his career in the military, but it's not his life. He wants a family, children, to live at home. Being at home, Kevin realized he would never find that with Georgia. She didn't even close want what Kevin wanted. Too bad they realized that after they left the idealist area of Afghanistan where not much family was felt, so you held close of who you could.

That's how I see it anyway
Me too. Wonderful thoughts, completely agree.

Have you seen the season finale yet? I just got finished. I am so emotional over everything that transpired!

Thoughts up shortly!
Old 10-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm watching it again, so I can tweet along with the west coast.

I can tell, my heart is broken!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-08-2017, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Chesapeake Shores 2.10 FREEFALL

Trace and Abby having the picnic in the park where he serenades her was so full of cheese yet I was eating up every moment. So adorable. I wonder what Trace was going to say to
Abby before the children interrupted. They love Trace so much and he is all in when it comes to being there for them. Love the quick kiss and Trace off having fun with them.

Megan nervous over her speech is hilarious. I can relate. I hate those type of speeches! I'm shocked no one immediately figured out when Bree brought out an old portrait she found in the attic the mystery man in the picture was a past love of Gran's. She made it pretty obvious but no one picked up on it.

The Trace Riley Band... I think John is a prick (Patricia, we still haven't figured out why he's not neurological impaired anymore but he's good as new! ) but I can see why he's wanting to make a living doing music and actually getting paid. I even mentioned up thread Trace is in the perfect situation making money running the club yet the other two are basically doing gigs for free. I get why he wants to make it big and have being away from family mean something. I see why contacting Mark really is a good decision.

Oh man I called the tension between Mick and Connor over Connor working with Uncle Thomas a while ago. Connor really should have told Mick right away. I can see why Mick is a bit hurt. Then again, Mick should understand he doesn't have clear communication with his children and really never has so his expectations should lower a tad.

No, go away Douglas. He's attracted to Abby, you can tell. He basically does whatever she says. He's using the business stuff to get closer by asking her opinion, calling her a straight shooter. Whatever, go away, Douglas.

Awesome, Kevin runs into Sarah! I love how they clearly communicate instantly, with Kevin filling her in on his new apartment and paramedic training. Of course she is proud and asks him to help her with the art booth. They are so reuniting!

More band stuff... going to go to sleep while it's on... boringggggggg... Anyway, Mark gets to even see Abby this time around. So a six-month tour opening for a huge band (with an extension for longer as well) all over the US and even overseas.

Bree and Simon still not totally doing it for me. Initially I liked them but now they're just blah. Glad Jess interrupted, lol, and told them David is quitting... okay so David has millions, or his family does. I figured something was up and mentioned up thread he never got paid, there had to be a reason why he was able to function without getting paid. Now we know! Poor Jess... David reveals this bomb then tells her he has to leave for a while due to family stuff. Sucks to be Jess. She opened her heart which is difficult for her to do and now he's leaving. Kevin joining saying he is not over Sarah and they are in the friends zone now was hilarious, lol.

Mick and Thomas... such tremendous actors but this brother war over business is kind of getting old... Thomas lets Mick know he found out Matt Fox backed out of the deal. Mick doesn't need Matt then Thomas conveniently mentions Connor. Was that slightly devious of Thomas to mention Connor now? Is Thomas working with Connor to get under Mick's skin? I really hope not.

Like the scene with Megan rehearsing her art walk introduction speech to Abby and Gran and accepting feedback while Megan encourages Abby to see the positive.

Oh Trace, you will regret saying no to the tour. He will eventually blame Abby for not going and that is not a good thing. I can see why Trace is scared though... he doesn't want to leave Abby. He says club too but it's ideally about Abby.

Jess and Bree and their quirky moments together are always fun. Interviewing the new chef while David comes clean about having millions. What a both funny and dramatic scene. David not telling Jess who he was does suck. I can see why he wanted to get away from his family though for a while anyway to explore being a chef.

Oh man, more stupid Douglas now meeting with Mick and Abby to discuss the land trust. Douglas is now intimately getting to know Abby's father and uncle. Too much information and knowledge. Go away, Douglas.

Of course the siblings and Gran would tell Abby Trace’s decision to stay in Chesapeake Shores instead of tour is not a good one. Gran, Jess and Bree all express their disapproval of Trace’s decision, and they are right about Trace possibly resenting Abby. He does have to go just like Abby had to go to NYC. They are drawing a huge parallel here showing that Abby had to leave and they found each other again and now Trace has to leave and they will once again find each other because they are meant to be. But Trace has to go on tour.

Bree dumps Simon. I actually can understand why. She got rid of a powerful, controlling jerk in Martin. Simon really did have zero business sending that in without her permission and I can understand why she'd be reminded of being with controlling Martin when Simon pulled that crap. I can understand why she broke up. Maybe it was a bit harsh and drastic but seeing it directly from Bree's point of view, I understand why she cut him loose.

David and Jess are so cute... David is giving cooking lessons to Jess. He tells her the inn is going to be okay, but she tells him that doesn’t mean she will be. The hug was adorable. So heartbreaking that Jess tells David she cannot hear a goodbye. I don't get why they don't just continue to be official but long distance while he's gone? I guess they sort of are but it seems a bit more distant and up in the air than that... I don't get why they just can't be long distance but still totally official in a verbal way. Oh well, they are not over, they can't be!

Abby telling Trace he has to go on tour is so heartbreaking. What a sad scene. She's letting him go because she loves him and she left for NYC, now he has to leave and go on tour. The writers are definitely going with a clear parallel here. As long as they reunite it's fine but this is difficult to watch. Trace says he loves her and says he doesn’t think he can handle losing her, again. She tells him if they were meant to be, it won’t be the end. So sad if even hopeful.

At the art walk, Thomas and Mick have an exchange of words once again. Thomas tells Mick he is heading back to California but Mick bursts his bubble and tells Thomas he is packing to fulfill a childhood dream of visiting Peru and that he brought on a new investor for the land trust, which screws over the California plans, lol. Oh these two.

Jess, Abby and Bree together talking at the art walk, staring at the black and white framed photo that Bree found earlier is such a sweet scene.

Megan gave a great speech at the Art Walk by taking Gran's advice. Trace Riley Band gets going, David kisses Jess then leaves, Kevin gets an email on his phone telling him he has been accepted to Stanford’s School of Medicine while Abby just watches Trace perform with tears in her eyes. Watching those flashbacks and all they've been through is utter sadness... heartbreaking! Now I guess they have to even the score... Abby left for NY now Trace needs to leave on tour. They will find their way back, they will, they have to!

I LOVE that Kevin and Sarah reunited! I wasn't expecting it. The irony is they were in the most distant place yet they reunite while Abby, Jess and Bree are either apart from their romantic interests or broken up.

They absolutely are setting up for a season 3. I hope that means it's official or will soon be official. Way too many storylines were up in the air... definitely felt like a set up for season 3. I hope so!

So sad some couples I love were open ended (Abby/Trace and Jess/David) but I have no doubt they will work things out. Sibling feud still in place and Connor now working for his uncle complicates matters. A bit disappointed we didn't receive a Mick/Megan scene. No sign of Gran's illness either throughout all of season 2. I wonder if it'll come up in season 3.

Really liked this season. I hope there's a season 3!

Last edited by jediwands; 10-08-2017 at 09:56 PM
Old 10-08-2017, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'm watching it again, so I can tweet along with the west coast.

I can tell, my heart is broken!
Definitely had its sad moments.

I need season 3 now!
Old 10-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know! It was like every girl had their sad moment and we won't find out the good moments until (if we get) a Season 3.

I know the network is calling it a season finale, but they did that with Rookie Blue when it was on ABC and we didn't find out until months later after we already kind of figured we woudln't get another season.

Michelle, we're almost at a new thread, did you have any title ideas?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-09-2017, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I know! It was like every girl had their sad moment and we won't find out the good moments until (if we get) a Season 3.
The only happiness they have is the family togetherness which is certainly a huge deal but especially for Jess and Abby, they also found true romantic love and now everything is in limbo right now. Very sad. I actually don't think Bree is really crushed over Simon which is good because she shouldn't be, lol.

Quote:
I know the network is calling it a season finale, but they did that with Rookie Blue when it was on ABC and we didn't find out until months later after we already kind of figured we woudln't get another season.
I will be so pissed if the series doesn't tie up the storylines.

Quote:
Michelle, we're almost at a new thread, did you have any title ideas?
I suck at title ideas... lol.

Do you have one in mind?
Old 10-09-2017, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Chesapeake Shores 2.10 FREEFALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
I wonder what Trace was going to say to
Abby before the children interrupted.
I was wondering that too. But my guess is that he was going to tell her that he loves her considering the end of the episode, he does it with such power and it didn't seem like an in the moment thing.

Quote:
They love Trace so much and he is all in when it comes to being there for them. Love the quick kiss and Trace off having fun with them.
I'm glad the girls are loving Trace around. But did they realize what Trace being around means? They love their father so much, how would they feel about another man stepping in and not trying to fill that role, but be like that role. Have that father figure presence. Right now it's just like he's a friend of mommy's and likes to hang out with. I'm hoping the writers will put something in there that will show some kind of challenging transition from having Trace as just a friend, to having Trace as a father figure.

Quote:
The Trace Riley Band... I think John is a prick (Patricia, we still haven't figured out why he's not neurological impaired anymore but he's good as new! ) but I can see why he's wanting to make a living doing music and actually getting paid. I even mentioned up thread Trace is in the perfect situation making money running the club yet the other two are basically doing gigs for free. I get why he wants to make it big and have being away from family mean something. I see why contacting Mark really is a good decision.
Maybe this is why he seems to have a stick up his ass all the time. He hasn't let go of the past, the past where everything was go, go and go some more. Now that it's go time again, he expects it to be the same. Everybody wants a piece of the action that is the Trace Riley Band. It's different now. It's not just four kids on the road trip of their lives. John has a family, which he only sees as himself making the sacrifices. Then there's Trace who has Abby by his side now and a potential family with it too if things lead to them getting married. I just hate how John acts like he's the only one making sacrifices when he can just simply walk away.

Quote:
No, go away Douglas. He's attracted to Abby, you can tell. He basically does whatever she says. He's using the business stuff to get closer by asking her opinion, calling her a straight shooter. Whatever, go away, Douglas.
I really thought Douglas was going to ask out Abby when he was in that conference, room, I was waiting for it. I really think he's the version of Leigh that is with Trace. They are in the same world, almost cut from the same cloth. You know it's going to lead to Abby needing someone by her side and she's going to be working with Douglas more. What's going to keep Douglas making a move on Abby. He knows she's with Trace, but Trace is going on tour for at least six months and who knows how long after that. I see this as a time to fight for what they want rather then let life pass them by.

Awesome, Kevin runs into Sarah! I love how they clearly communicate instantly, with Kevin filling her in on his new apartment and paramedic training. Of course she is proud and asks him to help her with the art booth. They are so reuniting!

Quote:
More band stuff... going to go to sleep while it's on... boringggggggg... Anyway, Mark gets to even see Abby this time around. So a six-month tour opening for a huge band (with an extension for longer as well) all over the US and even overseas.
I'm bored by all the band stuff too. Trace talked about walking away, not being apart of that life now, and now that they're being thrown a tour, and all this other stuff, he's on board again. Is Trace like John in chasing the money, too? It's kind of like they rewrote history with John now not being in an accident and Trace letting go of Nashville because of John's accident and everything was going too fast. So, is the show rewriting history or telling a new tale?

Quote:
Kevin joining saying he is not over Sarah and they are in the friends zone now was hilarious, lol.
I would never have guessed for Kevin to be this into a girl before. I always seem him as the cool guy, the one that didn't obsess over a girl before. Now Sarah's in the picture and he's going to his sister for advice. It's just a new side of Kevin we've never seen and it's really nice.

Quote:
Mick doesn't need Matt then Thomas conveniently mentions Connor. Was that slightly devious of Thomas to mention Connor now? Is Thomas working with Connor to get under Mick's skin? I really hope not.
I want to think that Thomas will be good to Connor when they really start working together. But I get the feeling that Thomas will get greedy and use Connor against Mick to get the information he wants. I just don't trust Thomas, although I can't entirely trust Mick either. There's just so much bad blood between them that it's hard to know which direction they're truly going.

Quote:
Bree dumps Simon. I actually can understand why. She got rid of a powerful, controlling jerk in Martin. Simon really did have zero business sending that in without her permission and I can understand why she'd be reminded of being with controlling Martin when Simon pulled that crap. I can understand why she broke up. Maybe it was a bit harsh and drastic but seeing it directly from Bree's point of view, I understand why she cut him loose.
I just don't see what Bree saw in Simon. He's really blah as a person to me. She didn't like him when she first met him and hated his book. Then they started dating, or whatever it was. I'm glad she got rid of him. I can honestly see him turning into Simon, really, I can. He submitted her manuscript without an even hint. Sure he may not discourage Bree, on his terms. But he blatantly stole her manuscript. That's something Martin would do. She wasn't ready and not really sure she wanted it published in the first place.

Quote:
I don't get why they just can't be long distance but still totally official in a verbal way. Oh well, they are not over, they can't be!
These two are far from over. I know he's going to return and they are going to pick up right where they left off.

Quote:
Abby telling Trace he has to go on tour is so heartbreaking. What a sad scene. She's letting him go because she loves him and she left for NYC, now he has to leave and go on tour. The writers are definitely going with a clear parallel here. As long as they reunite it's fine but this is difficult to watch. Trace says he loves her and says he doesn’t think he can handle losing her, again. She tells him if they were meant to be, it won’t be the end. So sad if even hopeful.
It is so heartbreaking! Watching it gets me everytime and I've seen it like three times and it still hurts. The look in his eyes, his entire body language, it's just heartbreaking. He finally gets Abby again, they are in a great place, he's building a relationship with Carrie and Caitlin and now this happens. I just don't understand. Well, I do understand. Trace wouldn't go if it meant he didn't have Abby's blessing. Of course he wants to go, he wants a second chance, but not if it meant losing Abby. I know they're gonna find each other again in six months and it'll be a magical reunion. But at what price does it cost for Trace to be on tour? They were offered more tours if this one goes well, which you know it will. Mark Hall saying you can't have it all, of course you can.

It's like Abby broke up with him a second time. The first time she just left and Trace was broken, having to pick up the pieces when he finally realized she wasn't coming back. He found out she was marrying another man and then she had children with this man. Then so many years later, she's breaking up with him again. I'm not trying to make Abby the bad guy here, but she's the one who's breaking up with Trace

Quote:
David kisses Jess then leaves,
Well, she did say not to tell her goodbye. But in a way, I think him kissing her on the cheek and leaving was his goodbye. You could tell that Jess knew it that he was leaving in that moment and he didn't have to say it. I just hate that Jess finally found herself a great man, and then he leaves. For good reason, I'm not saying David is skipping out on her. But he was totally not honest about where he came from. I mean if she didn't order those books and mistakenly ordered as many as she did, would she have found out David was from a wealthy family. When David's father was sick, how would he explain away his absence. I think with Jess and David getting involved, he should have told her, instead of her finding out on her own.

Quote:
Abby just watches Trace perform with tears in her eyes. Watching those flashbacks and all they've been through is utter sadness... heartbreaking! Now I guess they have to even the score... Abby left for NY now Trace needs to leave on tour. They will find their way back, they will, they have to!
The flashbacks hurt, they still do as I type this. At the end of the performance, it was clear that Trace knew Abby made the right decision. He couldn't go on tour and not know how she felt about it. She had his blessing. If Trace had any inclination that it was the wrong move, that he thought it would have worked out differently, he would've run after Abby. He would have tried to change anything he could. Trace just knows how it feels to lose her once and so unsure what will happen when he comes back home, will she be there?

Quote:
They absolutely are setting up for a season 3. I hope that means it's official or will soon be official. Way too many storylines were up in the air... definitely felt like a set up for season 3. I hope so!
this is no way says series finale in every step of these character's stories. I just hope the 3rd season is just as a wonderful tribute as Seasons 1 and 2 were.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-09-2017, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I hate that we're at the end of the thread.

Do you want to chat for the next 8/9 posts then I'll bring over both our posts on the season finale?
Old 10-09-2017, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still need to watch the episode. What's wrong with keeping the thread title we have? It's still appropriate.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Timing! ^^^^
Old 10-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

sometimes, I think, using the same title confuses people, even if you change the number in it...

my suggestion...

With All These Breakups and Shakeups, the O'Brien Family Is Closer Now Than Ever Before.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Timing! ^^^^
Too much of an ongoing coincidence at this point for it not to be true.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think we should close out this thread and bring over your review of the episode and Patricia's responses.

Patricia: Feel free to start the new thread!
Old 10-09-2017, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

and done...may I start the new thread?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-09-2017, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
and done...may I start the new thread?
Go for it!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread