Old 05-13-2014, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Is it officially the final season?
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:33 AM
Elite Fan

Yes. Only 13 episodes. It was one of the last shows to get renewed. Must have been a lot of negotiations. They were talking about having each actor in only 9 of the 13 episodes to save money, but I'm not sure if that went through or not.
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
Yes. Only 13 episodes. It was one of the last shows to get renewed. Must have been a lot of negotiations. They were talking about having each actor in only 9 of the 13 episodes to save money, but I'm not sure if that went through or not.
Thanks for the information. I will watch closely and see how it ends because if you are satisfied, then I will certainly tune in. I have been wanting to watch this series ever since it basically got started. I am at the point now where I should just wait and see if there's a satisfying conclusion and then I will check it out.

I love when shows know their end date. I feel they can better prepare and give the fans the best conclusion possible. I really like this. I hate when shows are canned and there's not enough time to tie things up. I am glad Parenthood will have the opportunity to use these last 13 episodes and properly conclude the series for the fans.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, I have a very good feeling that this series will end well. I would suggest you watch seasons 1-5 over the summer and tune into season 6 live.

I'm sooo glad they got the final 13 episodes. It was starting to look like they may not which really would be a shame. This is such a great show that most definitely deserves a proper ending. I don't think the writers will mess it up. They wrap up each family nicely, but I do have a feeling Zeek (the father/grandfather) will die, because a death in the family is the only thing they haven't really done on this series and it would be huge. This show loves to make the audience cry.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Oh, I have a very good feeling that this series will end well. I would suggest you watch seasons 1-5 over the summer and tune into season 6 live.

I'm sooo glad they got the final 13 episodes. It was starting to look like they may not which really would be a shame. This is such a great show that most definitely deserves a proper ending. I don't think the writers will mess it up. They wrap up each family nicely, but I do have a feeling Zeek (the father/grandfather) will die, because a death in the family is the only thing they haven't really done on this series and it would be huge. This show loves to make the audience cry.
So is it like a combination of comedy/drama or just pure drama? How would you describe what the show is about?
Old 07-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

It's a drama! It is just a show about one huge family. Most viewers cry just about every episode. You get so attached to this family, and they deal with all sorts of real issues. It's really great. Again, it's somewhat Everwood-like, so I think you'd enjoy for sure.

I think Tom & Treat are hanging out today. Treat posted a photo.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's a drama! It is just a show about one huge family. Most viewers cry just about every episode. You get so attached to this family, and they deal with all sorts of real issues. It's really great. Again, it's somewhat Everwood-like, so I think you'd enjoy for sure.
Sounds absolutely awesome. I wonder if I'm better off waiting until it's over now so you can tell me the series finale tied everything up nicely. LOL

Quote:
I think Tom & Treat are hanging out today. Treat posted a photo.
Nice! Do you have the picture?
Old 07-14-2014, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

If you want, but I'm confident it will end well. My sister in law just watched season 1-5 within the last month or two, so now she's caught up for the final season. She absoutely loved it. It's really hard not to if you enjoy a good family drama.

It's on Twitter, I would have to go back and find it. I think Treat posted it.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
If you want, but I'm confident it will end well. My sister in law just watched season 1-5 within the last month or two, so now she's caught up for the final season. She absoutely loved it. It's really hard not to if you enjoy a good family drama.

It's on Twitter, I would have to go back and find it. I think Treat posted it.
Nice!

Are there any triangles on the show? Oh, you mentioned that triangle between Lauren's character, someone else, and Ray Romano lol? Or did I just make this up? LOL

As a rule, how do they construct their romantic pairings? Are they in it for the long haul? Stupid break ups here and there or are the meant to be couples kept apart until the very end?
Old 07-16-2014, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, that's about the only love triangle! Lauren, Ray Romano, and Jason Ritter!

As a rule, it's meant to be couples. Two main couples are married throughout the series. Another gets married during the series. And then there's Lauren's character.

There are a couple silly moments when it comes to Dax Shepard's character and his relationship, but it pretty much fits with who he is, so it works okay. It is frustrating here and there, but there is nothing too petty going on at all in this show. It's real drama.

Even when the teenagers date it's not too silly or anything. They really care about the people they date.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, that's about the only love triangle! Lauren, Ray Romano, and Jason Ritter!

As a rule, it's meant to be couples. Two main couples are married throughout the series. Another gets married during the series. And then there's Lauren's character.

There are a couple silly moments when it comes to Dax Shepard's character and his relationship, but it pretty much fits with who he is, so it works okay. It is frustrating here and there, but there is nothing too petty going on at all in this show. It's real drama.

Even when the teenagers date it's not too silly or anything. They really care about the people they date.
Does the final season start in the Fall and go a full year?
Old 07-30-2014, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

It premieres September 25th and goes for 13 episodes, so I'm guessing it'll end in December.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It premieres September 25th and goes for 13 episodes, so I'm guessing it'll end in December.
Ohhhh 13 episodes left. Yeah, that's so sad it's ending. The good new is there's a good chance you are going to love the conclusion. It will be a wonderful series you can watch whenever you want to from time to time, knowing it had a fabulous ending. It's rare to get that. We got that with Everwood, but so many series end pathetically.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

I know, I totally agree. I am sad it is ending but I am so glad they know it beforehand. Also they will make 100 episodes which is a plus. I think Zeek will probably die in the last season. Just my guess.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I know, I totally agree. I am sad it is ending but I am so glad they know it beforehand. Also they will make 100 episodes which is a plus. I think Zeek will probably die in the last season. Just my guess.
Who is Zeek?
Reply   Post New Thread