Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Poor Greg! I wonder how aware he was over how much talk and hostility (hee) there was over his hair?
And that's from people who love him!!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Master Fan

Since I think his pilot did not get picked up, I'm wondering what role do you think he'd be great in on a show right now? Do you think he should stick with trying to get on a comedy, or do you want to see him do another drama?

I really miss Tom on TV. His brief Eli Stone stint was torture. I mean, he was great in what little he got to do, but it obviously wasn't enough. Shows need to stop teasing us with Everwoodians!

I want him so desperately to have a leading role, he deserves that so much, but I'm wondering how many writers are creating characters for people like Tom.

Yeah, so basically what I'm saying is I miss Tom Amandes. Hopefully he gets something substantial, because although I'm sure he's fantastic on theater, I have no chance of seeing him there anytime soon.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 09-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Master Fan

As funny as he can be, I'd like to see Tom in another drama, though nothing super-heavy because, again, those comedic chops need to be put to good use. But he's too brilliant with serious material not to have the opportunity to put that skill to regular use.

He's just so great as an Everyman type, yet very memorable. I first saw him three years before Everwood started, in a TV Christmas movie in which he played a novelist (and the movie's romantic lead), and, though it was just that one movie and role, when I saw that he was going to be in Everwood I was predisposed to like Harold simply because of that one earlier role. That's pretty special.

Come back to TV, Tom! ... and bring Greg with you! Then everyone I love will have something to do!
Old 09-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

News!

I've actually taken to reading Private Practice spoilers to determine when it is that Sarah Drew's supposed to show up (no clue yet), and was quite pleasantly surprised to find this about their October 8 episode:

Quote:
Guest starring Tom Amandes as Charlie
ABC Private Practice Press Release

Now, yes, TA probably has a deal with ABC anyway, given that that was the network that failed to pick up his show, but...yeah. This seals it. That Private Practice casting director is a big-time Everwood lover.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

You got your wish (that I think we all share completely), other than him bringing back Greg. Now if he came to Private Practice as well, I think we'd have to start sending gifts to the casting director!

I can't say I'm excited to watch the show, but man, Tom Amandes and Sarah Drew, they'll get me to watch anything. Awesome news! Any chance their episodes will coincide?

They've got to get Tom on Pushing Daisies if he's got a deal at ABC. Preferably when Debra Mooney is on it. Those two are so fun together!

Thanks for the news!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 10-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

Did anyone, um, catch Tom Amandes tonight? Because I kind of didn't. I heard that he still has the longer hair, though, which is just weird. You're not early S3 Ephram, dude.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Master Fan

Aw, crap! I completely forgot he was going to be on tonight. I'm sure any American fans with a good internet connection that really want to see him can watch on abc.com, though. And, wow, just looking it looks like I can watch it on ctv.ca. Which I will definitely do! Now I'm less "aw, crap!" about it.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:17 AM
Loyal Fan

He was on Eli Stone again last night (the season premiere) sporting a new do.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad he's back at least on a recurring role, even a small one. I hope he doesn't just disappear again like he did last season.

Unless it's for a bigger role actually happening this time. I'm glad he's interested in television, at least, where Greg and Treat (well, TV movies, but still..) don't seem to be. It makes it easier for us all to see him.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

I just watched Tom Amandes' episode of Private Practice. He's in one of the two subplots, but it's a good sized role for what it is and Tom blew me away, as he always does. I would greatly recommend this to any Tom fans. We've seen everything he did in that episode better and much longer of course in Everwood, but it's some very powerful, emotional acting here.

It's a depressing storyline all over, but it's so far the best guest role I've seen him in because he gets something really great to do. I mean, the story itself is pretty by the numbers, but Tom's acting is what I was watching for and it was worth it. The final scene with Tom is just incredible, where he's looking at his son dying and smiling at him, and then breaking down afterward.

If you ever get a chance, I would definitely say seek this out. Even if it's only about six minutes of screen time overall, it's incredible what he squeezes into that six minutes.

Tom and his new hair.

Last edited by 'Tos; 10-18-2008 at 04:24 PM
Old 04-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Addicted Fan

What's Tom doing on page 5? Has it been so quiet around him?
Old 04-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Master Fan

Unfortunately there's not much going on with him. I imagine he'll pop up a few more times in the new season, and hopefully he'll get more than just a guest role on an episode and instead can get a regular spot on TV. Unlike some Everwoodians (*cough* Greg *cough*), he does seem to be actually trying to get on a TV show (he did have a pilot for last season that didn't get picked up, and he was on Eli Stone, Boston Legal and Private Practice this season), so hopefully he can get on one and we can all talk about him soon because I miss watching Tom every week!

I would even go as far to say that I would, personally, like to see him on TV regularly more than I would Greg at this point, because at least some of Greg's weird indie movies do eventually come out on DVD. Other than the rare guest appearance, there's no way to see Tom!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
What's Tom doing on page 5? Has it been so quiet around him?

Tom doesn't need a thread. He has been monopolizing our Tournament thread!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I like that answer much better!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Sorry, I completely forgot to answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Unfortunately there's not much going on with him. I imagine he'll pop up a few more times in the new season, and hopefully he'll get more than just a guest role on an episode and instead can get a regular spot on TV. Unlike some Everwoodians (*cough* Greg *cough*), he does seem to be actually trying to get on a TV show (he did have a pilot for last season that didn't get picked up, and he was on Eli Stone, Boston Legal and Private Practice this season), so hopefully he can get on one and we can all talk about him soon because I miss watching Tom every week!
Right, I saw him on Private Practice the other day (there's nothing on TV that day and when I want to watch TV I have to take what I get...) that was a nice surprise. I had to learn so I didn't pay as much attention as he deserves, but at least I noticed.
I hope he will get into TV somehow, he's such a terrific actor (as far as I can tell ), he just deserves it.

Quote:
I would even go as far to say that I would, personally, like to see him on TV regularly more than I would Greg at this point, because at least some of Greg's weird indie movies do eventually come out on DVD. Other than the rare guest appearance, there's no way to see Tom!
Hmm... what did he do before Everwood, by the way? I once saw him in an older movie, but other than that I've never seen him...

Quote:
Oh! I see.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread