Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2005, 07:30 AM
Elite Fan

Summer Break Episode Discussion: 115 Snow Job/116 My Funny Valentine

Episode Summaries/Pictures

Quote:

#115 - "Snow Job" (Original Airdate: 02/03/03)
On a church ski trip chaperoned by perpetual party pooper Dr. Abbott (Tom Amandes), Amy (Emily VanCamp) and Colin (Mike Erwin) share their first kiss since the surgery; Ephram (Gregory Smith) finds himself intrigued by Colin's younger sister, Laynie (guest star Nora Zehetner), who has recently returned home from boarding school; and Bright (Chris Pratt) attempts to get to the next base with his girlfriend (guest star Devon Reilly). Meanwhile, Andy (Treat Williams) hesitantly agrees to attend a singles mixer with the recently divorced Reverend Keyes (guest star Tim Dekay).

#116 - "My Funny Valentine" (Original Airdate:02/10/03)
When traveling psychologist Dr. Gretchen Trott (guest star Jane Krakowski) comes back into town, Andy (Treat Williams) is forced to confront his potentially romantic feelings for her. In other romantic entanglements, Edna (Debra Mooney) and Irv (John Beasley) have difficulty adjusting to life after his heart attack scare; Harold (Tom Amandes) and his wife Rose (Merrilyn Gann) have it out after they attend couples therapy and she suggests that he's lost that lovin' feeling; and Ephram (Gregory Smith) asks Laynie (guest star Nora Zehetner) out on their first date, in part to show Amy (Emily VanCamp) that he's moving on with his life.

- taken from TheWB.com
Discuss!

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting... Snow Job was a funny episode. I liked MFV too. I liked that Andy was doing some narration.
I made my icon.
BepperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

I liked that MFV had a storyline for Edna/Irv ... and we got to see some fine acting from both actors.

Tim DeKay was fantastic as Rev. Keys. I mean, he was a great friend to Andy. Too bad they didn't have him on longer. And then the Psychiatrist, I loved how Andy acted on the date. And even though I love E/A, E/L had some great scenes in these two episodes.

kenny | credit
Old 08-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Man, I wish I could comment on these episodes but with my situation at the moment, I simply don't have the time..

I will say that My Funny Valentine is one of my very favorite episodes of this entire show, so far. I love everything about it, from start to finish. Of course, I love the E/A stuff, but I even loved all the other storylines such as Andy struggling with his pain over Julia.. It was all top notch.

One last thing.. Jealous Amy rules.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I gotta agree. Jealous Amy does rock! Very amusing

Snow Job- I liked the idea of them all going on a ski trip. Wish that happened at my school... Since I'm not much a fan of Amy/Colin, I wasn't all that moved by their scenes, but I did LOVE Ephram/Laynie. As I've always said, if for whatever reason Amy and Ephram couldn't be toetherm or if Amy weren't in the picture, Laynie would definately be my next choice for the gal to be with Ephram. (They need to bring her back!!!!!) I love the line Bright says, "If I go to hell, I'm going to be so pissed." I'm surprised Bright chose 'saving' his father over being ah.. close to his gf. And lat but not least, I like how close Andy and Revrend Keyes have gotten. I love Nina/Andy, but it was nice to see Andy with a close male friend.

My Funny Valentine- First off, I just love this episode title for some reason, lol. It was sad to see Andy struggling/missing Julia. It must have been really hard. I'm not sure how I feel about him and the traveling psycologist,even though it showed he was making progress, even if only a little. Moving onto another couple.. it was VERY nice to see more of the Irv/Edna relationship. I just love their dynamic. It was really mean of Irv to joke the way that he did, and it was very sad to see Edna so upset, crying in the bathroom. I did, howver, like how she copes with it: Termanator movies. Yup, that's definately Edna for ya I LOVED Ephram asking Laynie out. I think she really keeps him on his toes, and guessing. They are so cute together! If it weren't for me being a Greenie...

Michelle- How you doin, girl? I'm really glad to see that your online still, taking some time to post on the board.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleBehryGrl23
Since I'm not much a fan of Amy/Colin, I wasn't all that moved by their scenes, but I did LOVE Ephram/Laynie. As I've always said, if for whatever reason Amy and Ephram couldn't be toetherm or if Amy weren't in the picture, Laynie would definately be my next choice for the gal to be with Ephram.
WORD, Ashley. I was bored out of my mind with the C/A stuff.. Not moved by it in the least. I also love Laynie and I'm totally with you that if it wasn't for E/A, I would have been a total E/L fan.

Quote:
Michelle- How you doin, girl? I'm really glad to see that your online still, taking some time to post on the board.
Not too bad, thanks for asking. I'm still in Pittsburgh. Family has been hanging out together over the weekend.. We are actually heading back to Cleveland later on this evening. I'm using my cousin's computer.. Turns out that she also frequents message boards but she mainly goes to Harry Potter sites.. Sites I frequent as well! I was showing her around Fan Forum a bit and she said she might just sign up if for only to post on the Harry Potter board.

Anyway, I will be back in Cleveland tonight, picking up my fixed computer tomorrow after work, and by tomorrow night, everything should be back to normal again.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
Anyway, I will be back in Cleveland tonight, picking up my fixed computer tomorrow after work, and by tomorrow night, everything should be back to normal again.
Good Must me glad to get back home
Old 08-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

- Dr. Abbot with the marching band!
- I liked Gretchen with Harold, as opposed to Andy. If Rose were ever to die/killed off, I would like to see Gretchen return and shake things up. I loved her character. They should have brought her back again in S2-3.

kenny | credit
Old 08-08-2005, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Two of my favourite season 1 episodes!

I loved Snow Job and the Rev. Keys storyline. Some excellent acting there. I also love the scene where Colin tells Ephram how he got mad at her the night before when they kissed and the expression on Ephram's face

I loved everything about My Funny Valentine with maybe the exception of Andy/Gretchen since I'm a A/N fan. Great quotes, beautiful scenes and who could forget Amy being jealous, lol.

Laura|
Lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Ken, I also loved Gretchen.. Totally with you that the dynamic of Gretchen and Harold was OUTSTANDING. Their bantering and bickering was top notch.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen
Ken, I also loved Gretchen.. Totally with you that the dynamic of Gretchen and Harold was OUTSTANDING. Their bantering and bickering was top notch.
Yeah, that's true... I can totally see the chemestry
Old 08-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I loved how Gretchen put Harold in his place.. She psychoanalyzed him to perfection and Harold damn well knew it to be the case.

I also loved how Rose signed up her and Harold for counseling with Gretchen. Priceless.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

114:

I really enjoyed this episode, it was a fun one. The mountains in the shots were so gorgeous this episode!

Amy constantly saying that hanging out with Ephram is weird, IS WHATS MAKING IT WEIRD. I mean, shes the one that clearly cant move on from EPHRAM, not the other way around.

Laynie is cute but a bit pretentious for my taste. Her whole demeanor/attitude could just get annoying but I do appreciate that she got Ephram and his appeal.

Andy/Nina had some cute scenes this episode, I really adore their friendship and it seemed that Nina was slightly jealous about Andy going on dates.

Colin/Amy were fine this episode, sort of sweet I guess even though I dont ship them together. Colin's feelings sort of came out of nowhere for me, and the end when he sort of threatened Ephram than claimed he was joking... that whole thing was so weird.

115:

Valentines episode was alright, didn't care for the adult storylines that were going on really but I never really seem to on shows.

Amy being jealous was veryyyyy cute to see because at first I was annoyed that she was trying to help Ephram out with Laynie so much.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved that Laynie saw the appeal in Ephram and really got Amy thinking, "Hey....this guy is a real prize. Why don't I appreciate that?"

Jealous Amy was so adorable...the best part of this episode!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
114:

I really enjoyed this episode, it was a fun one. The mountains in the shots were so gorgeous this episode!
Loved the scenery. The cast had to have been in heaven filming in Utah with such beauty surrounding them.

Quote:
Amy constantly saying that hanging out with Ephram is weird, IS WHATS MAKING IT WEIRD. I mean, shes the one that clearly cant move on from EPHRAM, not the other way around.
That's so true. Amy created more trouble due to her freaking out.

Quote:
Laynie is cute but a bit pretentious for my taste. Her whole demeanor/attitude could just get annoying but I do appreciate that she got Ephram and his appeal.
A lot of people loved Ephram/Laynie. I never shipped them but appreciated that this pairing was what brought out jealous Amy and we know that's always worth the price of admission, lol.

Quote:
Andy/Nina had some cute scenes this episode, I really adore their friendship and it seemed that Nina was slightly jealous about Andy going on dates.
I love the subtle build up between Andy/Nina. You're right, there was some slight jealousy going on.

Quote:
Colin/Amy were fine this episode, sort of sweet I guess even though I dont ship them together. Colin's feelings sort of came out of nowhere for me, and the end when he sort of threatened Ephram than claimed he was joking... that whole thing was so weird.
Very weird. I think the problem is we have no idea who the real Colin is at this point? Is this the real Colin or the Colin with a brain injury that's altering his behavior? It's really hard to tell at times.

Quote:
115:

Valentines episode was alright, didn't care for the adult storylines that were going on really but I never really seem to on shows.

Amy being jealous was veryyyyy cute to see because at first I was annoyed that she was trying to help Ephram out with Laynie so much.
Amy's jealousy was always the best!
Reply   Post New Thread