Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2005, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

Summer Break Episode Discussion: 111 A Thanksgiving Tale/112 Vegetative State

Ken, do your thing. I loved both of these episodes.
I made my icon.
BepperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode Summaries/Pictures
Quote:

#111 - "A Thanksgiving Tale" (Original Airdate: 11/25/02)
In hopes of raising his little sister Delia's (Vivien Cardone) spirits, Ephram (Gregory Smith) does his best to recreate his mother's Thanksgiving traditions as the Brown family spends their first holiday without her. Meanwhile, in order to save a patient's life, Dr. Brown (Treat Williams) must find the man's missing brother, who is believed to live in the woods; and curmudgeonly Dr. Abbott (Tom Amandes) attempts to befriend the entire town when he has a health scare and questions whether anyone would attend his funeral.

#112 - "Vegetative State" (Original Airdate: 01/06/03)
A heartbroken Ephram (Gregory Smith) finds himself the odd man out as Amy (Emily VanCamp) prepares for Colin's (Mike Erwin) homecoming. Meanwhile, Andy (Treat Williams) and Dr. Abbott (Tom Amandes) join the town in a debate over the use of medicinal marijuana after a large quantity is discovered in a deceased woman's greenhouse; and Andy provides medical guidance to Nina (Stephanie Niznik) after her son's teacher suggests she put him on Ritalin.

- taken from TheWB.com

icon
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

"A Thanksgiving Tale"- Such a beautiful episode! From Ephram and Delia working to make dinner like their mom did to the Ephram and Amy kiss to Daniel deciding to give his brother his kidney to Andy saying the best thing that happened to him this year was that he 'met his son'. Beautiful episode. Just the right mix of comedy, bit of angst, heart warming scenes, etc.. Also... how cute were the Ephram/Delia scenes? Absolutely adorable! And Delia's breakdown towards the end, when Nina went to her to comfort her was so sad and wonderful. Made my eyes water! I really liked though, how Nina so easily slipped into the 'mother' role in the Brown house.

"Vegetative State"- Another great episode. Whileas I felt for Ephram for being 'pushed' out of the picture and disreguarded like an old toy when Colin comes home, I can also feel Amy's delemma, being in love with two guys; how she feels the need to be there for Colin and is being fueled by their past, she is also being drawn to Ephram and the feelings they both share. *sigh* The other main storyline, the debate over the use of medicinal marijuana, was very well done. I thought both sides of the argument were very strong. Also, I loved that scene between Andy and Nina, when they were at the mtg for Sam and the woman mistaken Andy for "Mr. Feeney". Sam is so cuuute!!

Okay, I'm done
Old 12-22-2016, 06:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

111: This was a cute homey episode but for some reason it didnt interest me as much as the others.

The whole andy and guy with the bear storyline was really weird.

Harold having nightmares about dying was also a bit strange and random to me....

I loved seeing Ephram trying to cook their old Thanksgiving diner for Delia.

The EA kiss scene was so dang cuteeeee I remember watching that scene the first time and being so obsessed with it. It was just so cute how close they were sitting. And how Amy said she was grateful for some things and Ephram saying he wanted to kiss her. And her "you too" and then SHE INITIATES IT. sfdsfdsfdsf

Amy admitting she has feelings for Ephram to her dad was really cute. Harold telling her not to toy with Ephram was great. I dont think she was intentionally trying to but that's definitely how it appeared.

I felt so sad for Delia when she was upset about Thanksgiving. Not having her mom there had to be really tough!

Andy saying the best thing about this year was meeting his son was so cute!

112:

I felt bad for Ephram having to deal with Colin returning and Amy being all focused on him and obsessing over it.

I agree that throwing Colin a party was way too fast. It reminded me of when Brooke threw Lucas a party after his uncle died. Like, just let the kid breathe and deal with this by himself for a while.

yay for Ephram showing up to the party and Amy asking to leave with him.

Ephram convincing Amy not to give up on Colin was just soooooo selfless and so adorable of him. What a great person Ephram is, and Amy calling him smart... no wonder she fell in love with him, who wouldn't?

Amy introducing herself to Colin again was really sweet.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This was a cute homey episode but for some reason it didnt interest me as much as the others.

The whole andy and guy with the bear storyline was really weird.

Harold having nightmares about dying was also a bit strange and random to me....
I agree that this was not the highlight of the episode. The important theme for me was the Brown family trying to bring Thanksgiving back to Delia. I loved Ephram and Delia season one...he was always there for her and this relationship seemed to diminish in the following seasons.
Quote:
I loved seeing Ephram trying to cook their old Thanksgiving diner for Delia.
This was so sweet of Ephram, and I loved that Amy offered to help.

Quote:
The EA kiss scene was so dang cuteeeee I remember watching that scene the first time and being so obsessed with it. It was just so cute how close they were sitting. And how Amy said she was grateful for some things and Ephram saying he wanted to kiss her. And her "you too" and then SHE INITIATES IT. sfdsfdsfdsf
I think that I was just as obsessed with this scene...this was their first kiss and it was mutual.
Quote:
Amy admitting she has feelings for Ephram to her dad was really cute. Harold telling her not to toy with Ephram was great. I dont think she was intentionally trying to but that's definitely how it appeared.
It broke my heart that Harold had to lie for Amy. Poor Ephram. THat mixed tape was sweet.

Quote:
Andy saying the best thing about this year was meeting his son was so cute!
Loved that!!

112:

Quote:
I felt bad for Ephram having to deal with Colin returning and Amy being all focused on him and obsessing over it.

I agree that throwing Colin a party was way too fast. It reminded me of when Brooke threw Lucas a party after his uncle died. Like, just let the kid breathe and deal with this by himself for a while.
This was Amy's way. She gets all into a relationship and sometimes to the extreme!

Quote:
Ephram convincing Amy not to give up on Colin was just soooooo selfless and so adorable of him. What a great person Ephram is, and Amy calling him smart... no wonder she fell in love with him, who wouldn't?
That's how much he cared about her...willing to give her up.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I loved it so much, too! I've always wondered how long that kiss might have gone on had they not been interrupted too.

Quote:
The Harold/Amy talk was so powerful. Harold knew Amy was falling for Ephram. He absolutely knew it. But he also knew Amy could never abandon Colin. It wasn't in her DNA to go there. He knew it. Yet he also knew she was falling for the cute guy with purple hair.

Quote:
Not a fan of Brooke Davis? If not, I am with you. I had major problems with Brooke, certainly around this time period on One Tree Hill. Early series Brooke was not my favorite to say the least and don't get me started on my dislike for Brooke/Lucas either.

Lucas/Peyton for the win!

Quote:
It is one of my favorite Ephram/Amy scenes of the series. I loved that scene so much. IF Ephram would have told Amy he wanted to be with her romantically right then and there, she would have agreed and they would have been together. In fact, Amy wanted Ephram to say as much. She wanted to desperately be with Ephram romantically and as we know, Ephram wanted to be with her, but Ephram was so selfless and loving, he did the right thing, realizing the timing wasn't right and Amy had to help Colin through his situation. The acting between Greg/Emily was marvelous as always but this scene really is something special. Wow.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Not a fan of Brooke Davis? If not, I am with you. I had major problems with Brooke, certainly around this time period on One Tree Hill. Early series Brooke was not my favorite to say the least and don't get me started on my dislike for Brooke/Lucas either.

Lucas/Peyton for the win!
I do like Brooke at times, but she really tested my patience in the early seasons too. The incident I brought up in particular especially annoyed me. Throwing a party when someone just died is not her smartest move. And I too was not a fan of BL. At the time they were probably my most hated ship, but now I can appreciate them a bit more knowing they don't end up together. I just felt they were very obviously written to be bad for one another.

LP all the way for me too, they are my OTP of all OTPs actually. But.... I will try to refrain from talking about other shows .

And the interesting thing about that E/A scene is that, by telling her to be with Colin and by being as selfless as he was, that just made Amy fall in love with him even more.
Old 12-30-2016, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I do like Brooke at times, but she really tested my patience in the early seasons too. The incident I brought up in particular especially annoyed me. Throwing a party when someone just died is not her smartest move. And I too was not a fan of BL. At the time they were probably my most hated ship, but now I can appreciate them a bit more knowing they don't end up together. I just felt they were very obviously written to be bad for one another.

LP all the way for me too, they are my OTP of all OTPs actually. But.... I will try to refrain from talking about other shows .
I'm with you. I had all kinds of problems with Brooke in the early seasons... manipulating the situation to be with Lucas, treating Peyton like sht, just basically being a horrible person most of the time. I think she got better post season 4 but those first four seasons I just couldn't relate to her.

BL were nothing more than a physical relationship. There was no substance between them. The sad part is Brooke even knew this for the most part. Lucas always ran to Peyton when he had something meaningful on his mind and it didn't matter what was going on between them at the time. He just never confided in Brooke like he should have. They didn't have anything of substance. He never stopped loving Peyton. He even admits as much... it's you, Peyton.

Quote:
And the interesting thing about that E/A scene is that, by telling her to be with Colin and by being as selfless as he was, that just made Amy fall in love with him even more.
So true. The romantic/emotional connection between Ephram/Amy only grew that much more after this.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Agree 100% with everything you said. At least that show was smart and the right couple ended together.

And Everwood too!
Old 01-08-2017, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Agree 100% with everything you said. At least that show was smart and the right couple ended together.

And Everwood too!
Two super smart shows. I don't understand how everyone doesn't see that...especially Brook/Lucas shippers.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

And Everwood too!
Exactly. One Tree Hill and Everwood certainly got it right.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

classic wb shows that had a lot of heart! (ignoring the later seasons of oth lol)
Old 01-23-2017, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
classic wb shows that had a lot of heart! (ignoring the later seasons of oth lol)
Yes, let's ignore.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top