Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

Yes. Yes, 'Tos. I hate "Home"! And "Goodbye Love"! And so does Betty! BWA-HA-HA! (Kidding, in case it needed to be said. Hee.)

I'll concede that there were good things in theory with showing Andy's development through Eugene's appearance. Something about the man himself (and his enunciation) just annoyed me, though.
Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

Hee, you definitely don't have to add "kidding" when claiming that you and Betty hate "Goodbye, Love". Not possible!

I remember the enunciation issue really bugging Betty too. I just figured it was Charles Durning and old age, but maybe he usually speaks like that, or it was something for the role? I can't remember seeing him in much, although he is very recognizable.

But now I really want to see Ephram and Eugene have a scene or two together with lots of talking and mumbling, just to see you two cringe at how neither talk clearly at all, hee.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I seem to be minority opinion man lately with you two, hee. I'm not used to it. What do I do?
I thought I was in the minority! I remember that Detritus also liked him. Where is she?????????????????

Quote:
Something about the man himself (and his enunciation) just annoyed me, though.

He always sounded like he was drunk.

Quote:
But now I really want to see Ephram and Eugene have a scene or two together with lots of talking and mumbling, just to see you two cringe at how neither talk clearly at all, hee.
Your going to compare Ephram's enunciation with Eugene's?

Conversation:

Eugene: So, I understand you play the piano.
Ephram: Yeah.
Eugene: Wordy fellow aren't you.
Eugene: Maybe I can go to one of your concerts.
Ephram: Yeah. Maybe I should take you to to an AA meeting.
Eugene: What? I don't drink,
Ephram: Oops. That's just you?
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Eugene: So, I understand you play the piano.
Eugene: Wordy fellow aren't you.
Eugene: Maybe I can go to one of your concerts.
Ephram: Yeah. Maybe I should take you to to an AA meeting.
Eugene: What? I don't drink,
Ephram: Oops. That's just you?
Oh, good grief, Betty, I just made the mistake of reading that with a full mouth of water.
Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

Damn you comedic bullies for making me laugh at that.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 08-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No applause you two! Just throw money.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
No applause you two! Just throw money.
Money?? From a graduate student and an unemployed recent graduate? We'd throw some pennies, but that would hurt!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Loyal Fan

I wish they would have showed more of Ephram and Laynie, not as a couple but as friends. Because they were a great team together and could most likely have made some great stories to watch. I also wished they would have shown more of how Madison was dealing with the baby thing and not telling it to Ephram or at least one more scene of them after she had told him. Because he left her being angry on her and I really wished they would have become friends of something. In that way it would be easier to like Madison more, I really think they didnt give her character a goodbye. I like Sarah Lancaster in Chuck, she looks much better with dark than blond hair and she plays a really likeable person =)
You can't take the sky from me
Rolfi Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

SO agreed on wanting to see more Ephram and Laynie, Rolfi. I think we missed out on that in S2. They had a lot of similarities and chemistry before their little failed one episode relationship, and it was too bad that ruined what they had together. I think Laynie could have helped Ephram out with Madison in S2. He needed a girl's point of view sometimes, and he wasn't able to get it from Amy that season.

They gave Laynie an even worse goodbye than Madison. At least Madison got a phonecall. Poor Laynie got abducted by aliens Heh.

I agree with Sarah on Chuck. She's awwwesome. It proves that it wasn't her that made Madison unlikable. It was the writing!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I wish they would have showed more of Ephram and Laynie, not as a couple but as friends
Most definitely. I loved these two together...not in a permanent romance...but in a temporary one. Laynie appreciated Ephram before everyone else did (including Amy). Laynie actually had to remind Amy of Ephram's good qualities at the skating rink. Yes, as 'Tos said...Laynie would have been such a good friend and advice giver season two. It's unfortunate that Laynie was too busy leading Amy astray and then trying to pull her back season 2. She hardly noticed Ephram...except as someone who followed her and Amy around like a puppy dog.

Question: If Laynie was a friend to Ephram....what advice do you think she would have given him in regard to Madison?
Old 08-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Loyal Fan

How did Laynie disappear again? Was it after she told Amy she didnt wanna be her friend if she went with Tommy or? Yeah they really made a bad way for her to leave, because I cant even remember what was her last apperance. I think Laynie treated Ephram rightly in season 2, he didnt really treat her good in season 1. Other than Madison Ephram never treated other girls as he should, because he was always prioritising Amy.

I think she would have told him to go for his feelings and if Madison didnt like him just because of his age then she didnt deserve him. That kind of advices I can picture her giving to Ephram. She would probably mentioned how important in a relationship it is that two people is on the same page, and if they werent they would need to have an conversation about it, speak out about their thoughts.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfi
How did Laynie disappear again? Was it after she told Amy she didnt wanna be her friend if she went with Tommy or? Yeah they really made a bad way for her to leave, because I cant even remember what was her last apperance. I think Laynie treated Ephram rightly in season 2, he didnt really treat her good in season 1. Other than Madison Ephram never treated other girls as he should, because he was always prioritising Amy.
Yes, that was her last appearance. :nod :She just walked out of the house and was never seen again. You think Amy would have called the cops at some point.

That's true about him always focusing on Amy. Too bad for Laynie. She was a great catch. Just for a different guy, I guess. Someone like Ephram, but without Ephram's love/crush/obsession with Amy.

Quote:
Question: If Laynie was a friend to Ephram....what advice do you think she would have given him in regard to Madison?
Great question, Betty. I agree with Rolfi's thoughts about how they both need to be on the same page. I don't think they were at times. Madison was a little embarrassed to be dating Ephram in public. I think Laynie would have told Ephram to have none of that and to stand up for himself and talk to her about it. I think she would have tried to get him to back off when he was leaving the piano recital to go, like, stalk her. That was Creepy Ephram. But I think he still would have done everything, even with her advice. He wasn't willing to listen.

Can you imagine her reaction to the baby? She would NOT have held back at all about her feelings on that one. Or how he tried Amy in S3. She would have probably gotten into a huge argument with him, followed by a lot of insults and jokes, heh.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Yes, that was her last appearance. :nod :She just walked out of the house and was never seen again. You think Amy would have called the cops at some point.
Yeah that was very unlike Amy, she was always so good in taking care of others. Well I guess the way she treated Laynie was one of her few flaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tos
That's true about him always focusing on Amy. Too bad for Laynie. She was a great catch. Just for a different guy, I guess. Someone like Ephram, but without Ephram's love/crush/obsession with Amy.
Well the only problem is that their isnt many guys like Ephram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tos
Can you imagine her reaction to the baby? She would NOT have held back at all about her feelings on that one. Or how he tried Amy in S3. She would have probably gotten into a huge argument with him, followed by a lot of insults and jokes, heh.
Yeah it would be great with some of her jokes, it would definitively take away some of the depressive things about the baby thing
Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

You know what would have been a weird, but interesting, pairing in scenes? Laynie and Delia. Laynie has (or had in S1, at least) that independent streak that Delia had and kept herself going without having to go too far in the popular crowd (again, in S1 at least). If we couldn't have had Amy mentoring Delia, what so many of us wanted to so much, Laynie might have been the best thing.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
You know what would have been a weird, but interesting, pairing in scenes? Laynie and Delia. Laynie has (or had in S1, at least) that independent streak that Delia had and kept herself going without having to go too far in the popular crowd (again, in S1 at least). If we couldn't have had Amy mentoring Delia, what so many of us wanted to so much, Laynie might have been the best thing.
Delia: It’s so hard making friends at school. Ephram gave me a broken yo-yo and told that this would help…but it didn’t.

Laynie: Ephram gave you what? I just want to warn you that Ephram is cute but he's not an authority on making friends…..but I know that he meant well.

Delia: I know he did…but it’s really hard when everyone in my school has been friends forever. They all sit together at lunch and they don’t even notice me.

Okay.....what would Laynie say to Delia next?
Reply   Post New Thread