Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Well to be fair Tebow won two National Championships and a Heisman none of which Luck won....sooooo I think the people who believed in Tebow(myself including) believed in more than his heart. He had talent and he showed that he just wasnt a conventional pro style QB like Luck is which is why he gets all the pub. But yes Tebow is an example that pro scouts sometimes get to caught up on the measurables and when a kid like Luck comes out with A+ scores in all areas they get overly excited. And before people lose it on me YES Luck has better QB skills than Tebow he is more accurate and seems to have a stronger arm but as we have seen in the past Talent isnt all you need to suceed. I wish Luck the best but I am not anointing him the next great one just yet.
Yeah for the media and analysts Tebow was considered to be a future flop in the NFL due to his inaccurate passing and the prediction was he didn't have the right tools for the NFL whereas Luck has all the tools and polished Elway-like traits so he is already considered to be a huge success. The predictions were/are the exact opposite for both guys.

Soccer Day

You ready, Betty? I'm so excited!
Old 02-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, I'm ready!
Old 02-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Yes, I'm ready!
Me too!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I want to record as well!

*runs down to record*

Back! LOL.

So predictions for the match results as well as how Landon and Clint will play? Throw Timmy in there too!
Old 02-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well to be fair Tebow won two National Championships and a Heisman none of which Luck won....sooooo I think the people who believed in Tebow(myself including) believed in more than his heart. He had talent and he showed that he just wasnt a conventional pro style QB like Luck is which is why he gets all the pub. But yes Tebow is an example that pro scouts sometimes get to caught up on the measurables and when a kid like Luck comes out with A+ scores in all areas they get overly excited. And before people lose it on me YES Luck has better QB skills than Tebow he is more accurate and seems to have a stronger arm but as we have seen in the past Talent isnt all you need to suceed. I wish Luck the best but I am not anointing him the next great one just yet.
Well, to be fair, Tebow had a lot more talent around him than Luck does, so throwing out the two national championships is like comparing apples to oranges. You put Tebow on the last three Stanford teams, and I don't think they'd have been nearly as competitive. After Gerhardt left, Luck didn't have a 5 star running back to count on, and his receivers have been sub-par at best. He had a couple good tight ends this year to help, but I really think that Stanford won a lot of close games simply because of Luck.

That being said, lots of can't miss prospects have come out of the draft and done nothing. Jeff George, Matt Leinart, to some extent Alex Smith, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Todd Marinovich, Tim Couch, Heath Shuler, Akili Smith, and Jamarcus Russell to name a few have been high draft picks that didn't perform up to snuff.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Well, to be fair, Tebow had a lot more talent around him than Luck does, so throwing out the two national championships is like comparing apples to oranges. You put Tebow on the last three Stanford teams, and I don't think they'd have been nearly as competitive. After Gerhardt left, Luck didn't have a 5 star running back to count on, and his receivers have been sub-par at best. He had a couple good tight ends this year to help, but I really think that Stanford won a lot of close games simply because of Luck.
You're right about that. Great points.

Quote:
That being said, lots of can't miss prospects have come out of the draft and done nothing. Jeff George, Matt Leinart, to some extent Alex Smith, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Todd Marinovich, Tim Couch, Heath Shuler, Akili Smith, and Jamarcus Russell to name a few have been high draft picks that didn't perform up to snuff.
Who would you compare Luck to, skill-wise? Sort of like a Drew Brees?

True about Couch! As a Browns fan, I felt that flop deeply. We're still paying for it now.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

He's similar to Brees in that he's pretty accurate but doesn't have a cannon arm, but he's more mobile.

BTW, the Lingerie Bowl starts at 3:00 Central tomorrow according to Directv Michelle.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)

I have acknowledged in past posts the talent around Luck and that's a big reason why I believe he can succeed in the NFL because he did it in college without big name players. All I was saying was that Tebow's believers didnt only believe in his heart. He won state titles in high school, he won national championships in college, I dont care what talent you have around you that still takes skill. I realize I'm the only Tebow fan in here but its not only because the guy has heart he can play too....yes its unorthodoxed and he can look like a lost puppy on some throws but give him a chance an he will win. Speaking of talent....lets pray the Broncos get some actual receivers for him to throw to this year.

Now like I said in my last post I am not saying Tebow is better than Luck talent wise heck no I wasnt the one who brought Tebow up I was merely saying he has more than just heart. Luck to me has a chance to be great because he is humble, by all accounts a great leader, and he has a great football IQ to go along with all his football skills. Its left to be seen how that translates to the NFL, he could flop but I really hope he doesnt it would be nice to have another grinder at the QB position to cheer for.

Lingerie Bowl
Ha I wonder if that chick that was on Survivor will be playing.....

Sports Survivor
Speaking of Survivor I figured I would wait until the Superbowl was over to release the survivor game so it gives us something to do in that dead period after football.

Last edited by cowgirl08; 02-04-2012 at 12:04 PM
Old 02-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
He's similar to Brees in that he's pretty accurate but doesn't have a cannon arm, but he's more mobile.
Makes sense.

Quote:
BTW, the Lingerie Bowl starts at 3:00 Central tomorrow according to Directv Michelle.
I will be checking it out!
Old 02-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sports Survivor
Speaking of Survivor I figured I would wait until the Superbowl was over to release the survivor game so it gives us something to do in that dead period after football.
Good idea, Shelby.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Ditto. Sounds good about the Survivor game!

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers wins MVP in landslide
Too bad the Giants ate his team for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I had to go there.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

If you had told me before the season Drew Brees would break Dan Marinos record and still not win the MVP I would have slapped you upside the head. Still kinda befuddling to me but I get it Rodgers had an amazing season too and had the Packers not blown a lot of people out causing him to not even finish most games he probably would have gotten the record as well. Still an INSANE year for the QBs though.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I know it. I would have picked Brees but then again I'm biased and dislike the Pack. LOL.

Definitely though, it was a memorable year for QBs.

Super Bowl today! I am so psyched. Thing is, the commercials rock, halftime is fun, good food, good company and all of that. However, I am primarily just looking forward to kick off because this game is going to be something else!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Extreme Fan

I might actually watch some of the SuperBowl this year. Go Giants!!
HAROLD: I don't know what you mean.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonyPie (View Post)
I might actually watch some of the SuperBowl this year. Go Giants!!
Good for you, Lemony! And you picked the right team.

Quote:
Super Bowl today! I am so psyched. Thing is, the commercials rock, halftime is fun, good food, good company and all of that. However, I am primarily just looking forward to kick off because this game is going to be something else!
I am actually looking forward to this game as well...and I usually am not.
I do also look forward to the commercials, food, and I can't wait to see what Madonna has in store for us!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 02-05-2012 at 11:22 AM
Old 02-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

Super Bowl Sunday!!!! Haven't been all that excited but as a sports fan now that the day is here I'm pumped. Got the 7 layer dip ready and pizzas will be ordered for the game hopefully it lives up to the bill.