Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That announcer just dissed Clint.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

No. I'm as red as my Ohio State sweatshirt I'm wearing.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I missed it while talking to my mom I assume. What did he say?

I thought Dempsey has had a couple good runs so far but as a whole Fulham is off in pretty much every aspect of their game. It's so frustrating.

ETA: At this point winning this match is a stretch. A tie is all I think they can hope for unless they up their play dramatically. It seems next to impossible to get 1 goal. Then again you have to actually take some shots in order to score.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Such a different style of play from Tuesday's match. Lots of ball control and good passing. Too bad the only team doing that is Tottenham.

Fulham are playing better second half.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 01-01-2011 at 09:33 AM
Old 01-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I know. Fulham is lucky they are not down 0-2 right now. That shot should have gone in. I love how the announcer called that miss "unlucky." If that would have been Clint he would have said Clint handled it improperly.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know that I sound biased...but I really think that Clint has excellent ball control. When he has it..he doesn't often lose it and he always makes good passes. Now...his teamates! That's another story.

Gera should have been put in sooner. I don't know why he's benched.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I know. That bald headed dude is working hard and getting hacking calls against him but he seems to hold onto the ball too long and the momentum seems to be killed as a result. A couple times I noticed that. I also don't understand why they are constantly clogging the middle. Play your outside wings more in order to open things up in the box.

They are putting on the pressure though out of desperation I think.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was not able to see the end...(getting ready for company)....but it looks like the desperation didn't help.

It looks like Liverpool and Manchester United had a better day...both won.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 01-01-2011 at 10:52 AM
Old 01-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

A bad, bad day in soccer for me.

Fulham loses. I don't like Liverpool, they win, and when we needed Manchester United to win for Fulham they don't but win today. Suckage.

I hope the rest of the day/evening in sports is a good one. Looking forward to seeing your OU play tonight, Alan.

ETA: Big Ten is 2/2 so far in Bowl Games. Given I root for Minnesota and Ohio State I do like to support the Big Ten. This is about the only time I attempt to cheer for Wisconsin although it's soooooooo damn hard sometimes I cannot go there no matter how hard I try.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-01-2011 at 11:21 AM
Old 01-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I'm playing for 3rd place in two leagues tomorrow, and in the church league I'm in the championship. My lineup there, as of now, is this:

Joe Flacco QB
Ahmad Bradshaw RB
Steven Jackson RB
Michael Bush RB
Mike Wallace WR
Dwayne Bowe WR
Marcedes Lewis TE
Nick Folk K
Patriots DST

I'm toying with subbing in Josh Freeman in for Flacco, because the Bucs have to win to even have a chance to get in, and the Ravens are just playing for a bye. Also, I'm a bit afraid of Bowe and Wallace not doing much, but the only backup I have is Danny Amendola, or I could pick up James Jones from Green Bay, or pick Jacoby Jones back up or maybe Kenny Britt from Tennessee. Thoughts Michelle? (or anyone else)
Old 01-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I am on AIM with Shelby who is on her phone so here are her thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
I'd say stick with flacco over Freeman because the ravens will play hard for that bye that's big in playoffs and the ravens are playing the bengals who well have been less than impressive this year. Ofcourse those bad teams in the last game of the season can be quite fiesty but I think he will still do his thing
Agreed definitely about Flacco. I think you should keep him for the reasons Shelby said. Hmm, I think I'd also keep Bowe and Wallace. I'm not high on Amendola... Jones from Green Bay could work but I think the game between Green Bay hosting Chicago is one of those typical huge rivalry games where it's a defensive slug-fest for the most part and if Green Bay is even remotely as cold as Minnesota today (it's FREEZING) and I'd imagine they'll get that Lake Effect from Lake Michigan, the weather combined with the typical style of play between Green Bay and Chicago with Chicago's defense would be iffy for Jones to do anything for you.

YAY again for your success in your church league!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Wisconsin/TCU

Wow man it's like I cursed the Big Ten by talking about them today... 0-5 today. Dang. Wisconsin looked moronic just now on their last possession. Man. Okay there's like 7 and change left and you're down by 8... you act like you have all the time in the world without caring about being down by 8, needing a two point conversion that cannot be counted on and with only one time out! You cannot bank on getting that two point conversion... not only that... they were running through TCUs D so for the conversion attempt... you... pass? Nuts. LOL.

Here we go, Oklahoma!

Last edited by jediwands; 01-01-2011 at 06:18 PM
Old 01-02-2011, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Congrats, Alan, on the OU win!

According to ESPN:

Quote:
Jerry Jones is likely to name Jason Garrett the Dallas Cowboys' head coach, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported, citing a high-ranking team source.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A couple of X-Mas gifts my son's friend gave to Lana...the new Rangers Jersey.

and with the bib...

She's probably going to have to wear that during games.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If David goes and not Landon....I'll be so pissed.

Quote:
Make Way For David Beckham
Jan 1, 2011 7:50:00 PM

Tottenham's David Bentley is reportedly going to make a move to Newcastle United to free up space in the squad for the potential arrival of David Beckham.

Only recently manager Harry Redknapp claimed that the LA Galaxy midfielder was interested in making a move to White Hart Lane, which would be a u-turn from his initial stance of wanting to play only for his ex-employers Manchester United.

But with recent reports pointing towards a move for the ageing midfielder, it is thought that the 26-year-old winger would join the Toon.

And The Mirror reports that the manager of the Tyneside club, Alan Pardew, is an admirer of the wide man's qualities, with Spurs ready to make a significant loss on the £15 million that was splashed out on the player in 2008.

It is believed that Bentley will likely leave Tottenham even if Beckham does not join the north London club.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread