Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

And add another 40 yard TD pass this game is back and forth who knew these two would be so flashy. Granted both defenses suck so it makes the offenses look that much better. Fun fact that reciever for the Orange had 1 TD catch ALL year and in this game alone he has 3.....

ETA:Good Gravy as soon as I posted this KSTATE came back with a flee flicker of their own for 40 yards...big play after big play!
ETA2: Holly bigeez! KSTATE fake field goal fails then Syracuse has a 61 yard run! This game is insane!!!
ETA2: Crazy sauce Syracuse goes down gets a field goal to go up 8 then KSTATE drives down and scores but needs the two point conversion to tie it. However the refs called a RIDICULOUS excessive celebration penalty and they had to try the 2 point conversion from the 15 yard line. They didnt get it and now the Orange will be able to run the clock out.....Wow crazy game

PS I'll answer other comments in a bit.

Last edited by cowgirl08; 12-30-2010 at 04:37 PM
Old 12-30-2010, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
'Ever since I came here the famous Anfield support hasn't really been there. There was the problem with the owners and Kenny being so popular and the job going to me. I have had to live with that.'
When Roy says crap like this, no wonder the wild version of Philly fans go nuts with that. He just feed a lion red meat. He's almost making excuses for why he failed. Not good, that's only going to get him more hate thrown his way even if he is probably speaking some truth in his words.

Yes, it looks like he's a goner. The irony is the current Fulham coach might be as well. :-/

Bowl Games

I watched zero today. I suck. Happy hour consumed me with friends and before that I was with my sister and nieces. I am ready to watch some ball tonight though!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Favre fined $50000, but not suspended by NFL

I forgot to mention what Favre got fined? They said how this affects him is like this:

Take a person making $50,000 a year... getting fined... one dollar, twenty cents.

That's it.

Yes. A complete joke.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Yeah the fine is low but they couldn't find substancial evidence(ridiculous i know) and as for suspending him...whats the point he is donezo anyway. Plus if he does somehow manage to play in their last game its an NFL historical moment because he said he is done and i actually believe him this time so it will be his last game and we all know they wont miss a chance at making money off of that.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

CRAZIEST ENDING TO A GAME
Craziest ending to regulation I have ever seen Tennesee drove down to go ahead but missed extra point so they were only up 3. Then UNC drives down but fails on 4th down and give ball bac kto Tennsee who ran the clock down to 25 seconds before UNC got it back. Then UNC drove down to the 25 with no timeouts and tried to spike it but the field goal team was running onto field and it was chaos. The refs said game over but went back to review it and decided they had 1 second left and the field goal kicker went out and made it to tie it. Its no going into OT this is crazy! What a night of games so far and still one to go!!

ETA: Sorry about double just couldn't contain myself I had to post about this game.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Oh of course. You hit it... it's all about the green if he plays in the last game.

I just feel like if you are going to fine, please fine an amount that he actually feels and not a dollar! It's really insane. It's like why fine at all? It's such a joke. People get slapped with over a hundred bucks for going 5 miles over the speed limit and most people feel that fine whereas it's like a dollar to him, 50 grand. It seems so weird.

But yes, this is all about money. Even if they could find substantial evidence they probably would have shoved it aside or delayed it miraculously until the season ended so he could have the opportunity to play that historical final game for... another money making opportunity.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

I'll get to Farve in a second I cant even think right now this bowl game is crazyness!

Crazy Bowl
All that that I said below and now both scored in OT and its onto Double OT! I dont want it to end!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah what a game that turned out being!

UCONN women might go down tonight too! Lots of craziness in tons of sports tonight. I love our USA, yes I do.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

AND the streak is over....COngrats to UCONN for the amazing feat of getting it that far but tonight is all about Stanford go them!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Some End of the Year Soccer potpourri:

Top 10 Quotes That Sum Up 2010 - Goal.com

Top Ten Moments For USA Squad In 2010 - Goal.com

Top Five Things To Look Out For In The Premier League This Weekend - Goal.com

Picture worth 1000 words:

Quote:

Roy Hodgson rules out resignation

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has apologised for his perceived criticism of fans but has told supporters he will not resign over poor performances.

The 63-year-old also appealed to owners New England Sports Ventures for patience as he tries to bring long-term success to the club.

Hodgson heard the Anfield crowd turn on him after Wednesday's defeat to Wolves, which increased speculation about the 63-year-old's future.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 12-31-2010 at 10:54 AM
Old 12-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Elite Fan

K-State/Syracuse

It might be a bit excessive, but I think the refs that called that excessive celebration penalty need to have some sort of disciplinary action taken against them. That was one of the most ridiculous calls I've ever seen, especially if what the K-State receiver said is right (the part about the ref saying "Wrong choice, buddy" to him before throwing the flag). The kid saluted the crowd, and action that took maybe 1 second, and he gets a 15 yard flag, but Blackmon from Oklahoma State turns and runs parallel to the goal line all the way across the field, clearly showing up the defense, and nothing is called? Besides that, I saw several salutes and various other moves from both sides during the UNC/Tennessee game an the refs there (also a Big 10 crew) didn't see fit to throw the flag on any of them, so why did the refs in the K-State game find that salute so egregious that they had to affect the outcome of the game? Sure a two point conversion is no sure thing, but it's a lot easier to try it from the 3 yard line than the 18.

UConn

Ding dong, the streak is dead! Thank God! Now I can stop hearing about it. Hopefully this will be the start of UConn coming back down to earth instead of being put up on a pedestal by everyone in the college basketball world.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
UConn

Ding dong, the streak is dead! Thank God! Now I can stop hearing about it. Hopefully this will be the start of UConn coming back down to earth instead of being put up on a pedestal by everyone in the college basketball world.
Yes, that was some streak. Now their winning streak is "0".

Mixed emotions as UConn's streak ends - espnW

Soccer:

For anyone interested: Fulham's match is televised tomorrow at 2:20 PM ET on FSC (tape delay)
Old 01-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

UConn Women's Streak is Over

I was very glad Stanford won but I can't say enough about the streak and how amazing it truly was. It's absolutely incredible. Yes, I know they are stacked with recruits and all of that but still, you have to get it done on the court and they did. Phenomenal. Stanford also goes down in history for stopping the streak. They deserved it. What a game they collectively played. That was called team chemistry and a passion that wills you to victory.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I'm watching the Fulham match (second half) online now. I won't discuss the match here in case anyone is watching it on tape delay.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm watching, Michelle. It doesn't look good.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread