Old 02-18-2020, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Molly Knight
@molly_knight
I wrote a month ago that I was not in favor of MLB stripping the Astros of their title. I was open minded to Correa saying they didn’t use trash cans in World Series. After hearing Manfred say they absolutely did use it in the playoffs, I’ve changed my mind. Strip the title now.

I was worried about precedent and other teams cheating and the entire sport turning into a dumpster fire. Well, too late! Manfred’s handling of this has been atrocious. He blames Hinch and Luhnow and Beltran and Cora for lack of leadership. But all of this happened on his watch.

All of this happened because MLB failed to anticipate problems that could arise by instituting instant replay. Either they were woefully unprepared to handle the tech revolution or buried their heads in the sand because they didn’t want to know.

I ****ing love baseball and the damage being done to the sport’s integrity is devastating. I don’t know if there is any way at this point to stop the bleeding with the current people in charge.

I’m worried an Astro gets seriously injured by a hit by pitch or in a brawl. I’ve never seen opposing players so angry. MLB did them zero favors by levying zero punishment. “Let the people decide” invites street justice, families being threatened by crazies, etc.
This woman is bang on.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

She’s so right about the let the people decide... The very fact that MLB decided not to punish the players, not take away the title, hardly punished the people higher up in charge… All it has done is invited more anger, verbal threats, and guaranteed these players on other teams will get revenge when the games start happening. Opposing fans are going to be so pissed. It is a recipe for disaster right now. MLB needs to step in and FIX THIS. If they punished properly from the start, none of this would be going on. There would be people not liking the Houston Astros, not wanting to support the team, even wanting the team to get out of the league. But the anger/violent reactions from fans and players wouldn’t be severe/dangerous because justice would have been served. Right now a severe injustice exists. FIX THIS, MLB.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
It’s just so weird because Miles has been known as a gentle guy who writes poetry. It was out of character enough that he snapped. It was also reported yesterday that Miles immediately told John Dorsey Mason said this. Question is why didn’t Dorsey say something right after the incident. Dorsey just admitted Miles told him. All I know is something had to have caused him to get pissed. That and Mason Rudolph looked so damn weird trying to TAKE OFF the helmet. Honestly? That to me looked bizarre. You can actually tell Stephen A. Smith is slightly questioning. That said, Mike Tomlin did the right thing. As usual, Mike Tomlin is outstanding.
Think it's more than fair to say that Myles is a gentle guy act is bull**** now, at least in my opinion.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

He has much credibility as Jussie Smollet to me, lol
Old 02-19-2020, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I’m not entirely sure. Intuitively I’m thinking there’s way more to it. Guys don’t just snap like that when they don’t have a history. Something instigated it. Something caused him to get that angry. I am simply not buying that it was out of the blue. Especially when we see Mason Rudolph acting bizarre trying to take off that helmet. He looked like a complete sociopath. I cringe when I see him try to take off that helmet. He’s trying to take off that helmet which is filthy so how do we know if he did or didn’t use that word? We don’t. Just because others didn’t hear it does not mean he didn’t say it alone with Miles. Also? On a psychological level this is not how someone who is guilty behaves. Someone who is guilty that gets away with it (Miles being reinstated) go silent and shuts up about it. That is not what Garrett has done. He brought it back up for a reason. He cannot get it out of his mind and we know he told John Dorsey immediately the second he came off the field that Mason said this to him. Too much here to completely dismiss it.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-19-2020 at 08:34 AM
Old 02-19-2020, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Astros
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Bills