Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2018, 10:32 AM
  #1
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,841
Sports #178: Berhalter's possession-based philosophy: “We want to use the ball to disorganize the opponent to create goal-scoring opportunities.”

SPORTS














2015 Women's World Cup.....








Jordan Morris



Christian Pulisic


Houston Astros - 2017 World Series Champions!




US WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY TEAM- 2018 OLYMPIC CHAMPIONS...



Wilpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:39 AM
  #2
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,841
Regarding CP hardly playing today...

Two others reasons might be:

1. Being punished for most likely being gone first of the year.
2. Since he's going to be gone first of the year, they don't want him injured in case they can get good value. Though I'm not sure how these signings take place. Is he a free agent? If he's not and it's a trade, then his current club wants him injury-free due to value.
Wilpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:05 PM
  #3
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,841
Some are saying it’s a favorable draw.

United States drawn to face Thailand Chile Sweden in Women's World Cup

Sweden will be tough since they stack the box on D.
Wilpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:06 PM
  #4
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,841
Of course France is far away from the US.
Wilpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:08 PM
  #5
Elite Fan

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 47,711
Thanks, Michelle!! Great title!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:10 PM
  #6
Elite Fan

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 47,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Regarding CP hardly playing today...

Two others reasons might be:

1. Being punished for most likely being gone first of the year.
2. Since he's going to be gone first of the year, they don't want him injured in case they can get good value. Though I'm not sure how these signings take place. Is he a free agent? If he's not and it's a trade, then his current club wants him injury-free due to value.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I think they're trying to solidify a team without him, since they'll most likely lose him.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:12 PM
  #7
Elite Fan

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 47,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Some are saying it’s a favorable draw.

United States drawn to face Thailand Chile Sweden in Women's World Cup

Sweden will be tough since they stack the box on D.
Agree about Sweden. Of course any team can win on any given day. We need to play our best.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:02 PM
  #8
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Thanks, Michelle!! Great title!
Welcome and glad you like the title.
Wilpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:02 PM
  #9
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I was thinking the exact same thing. I think they're trying to solidify a team without him, since they'll most likely lose him.
I just hope he doesn't go to Liverpool.
Wilpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:05 PM
  #10
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Agree about Sweden. Of course any team can win on any given day. We need to play our best.
We definitely do.

I would say Groups B, C, D are the toughest groups with D being the toughest. England got a very challenging Group.
Wilpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:50 PM
  #11
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 247,050
Thanks for the new thread
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 02:51 PM
  #12
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,841
Welcome!
Wilpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:56 PM
  #13
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 247,050
Did the link about test cricket from the last thread help you understand it a bit more?
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:29 PM
  #14
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,841
Sort of.

I still think I need to SEE the sport to actually put it all together, you know?

How are things going against India?
Wilpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:12 PM
  #15
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 247,050
Okay haha

Not well lol
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST