Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2017, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I don't know. I kind of like the idea. I believe he'll make better decisions than Gulati did.
Well, anyone can make better decisions than Gulati. That's not hard to do.

Landon retired early, dismissed the game and now wants to be freaken president? It sounds like lunacy. We were just complaining about him calling games and his emotional/too highs, too lows type of style. We didn't even appreciate him behind a mike. Yet he'll be able to make unemotional/unbiased/ purely intellectual decisions as president? He can't even go there as an analyst. It doesn't make any sense. Someone like Brian McBride would be a way better fit.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-19-2017 at 03:44 AM
Old 10-19-2017, 02:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Definitely does, even though some of the V8 guys love it.
Probably due to it being a different kind of challenge?
Old 10-19-2017, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
What you guys are talking about the US Soccer team reminds of what we went through with Aussie Cricket team in 2013 with having international coach who didn't suit our normal style of play and trying to change it made the team worse.
That's precisely what happened when Jurgen Klinsmann was hired and ever since we've been in deep trouble. The after effects of his presence are still haunting us. I was so miserable and upset when he was in charge because I knew it would lead to this. I couldn't even really support the team fully when he was in charge. Finally he was canned but like I said, so much damage has been done it's hard to climb out and see the light consistently right now. So it's literally like starting ALL over which is going to take some time.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
If they are joking like that it means there's no way on earth it's true.
Which is great for us
Old 10-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Probably due to it being a different kind of challenge?
That's probably it.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's precisely what happened when Jurgen Klinsmann was hired and ever since we've been in deep trouble. The after effects of his presence are still haunting us. I was so miserable and upset when he was in charge because I knew it would lead to this. I couldn't even really support the team fully when he was in charge. Finally he was canned but like I said, so much damage has been done it's hard to climb out and see the light consistently right now. So it's literally like starting ALL over which is going to take some time.
Why did you think he was such an bad fit?
Old 10-19-2017, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Which is great for us
Yep.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Why did you think he was such an bad fit?
He basically got rid of key players on the team. He literally took our captain who was still on top of his game and not only stripped him of the captain badge but chucked him from the team for good. He replaced him with a German American player. He shunned Landon Donovan, possibly our greatest player in history and cut him from the World Cup squad for no reason. His son on Twitter laughed about it. He came in with an ego basically stating that he didn't trust our professional league here so never worked with MLS, and he tried to implement a European style of play instead of our American style. We might not have been even close to an elite team with our American style but at least it was a style we embraced using hard work and team chemistry. He took that style and killed it, implementing this different style along with mixing up the players so we never had cohesiveness or chemistry, it felt like try outs during important games.

He was an egotistical tyrant who failed. It took forever to fire him but finally happened. However so much damage was done we still haven't recovered yet.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-19-2017 at 08:10 PM
Old 10-19-2017, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well, anyone can make better decisions than Gulati. That's not hard to do.

Landon retired early, dismissed the game and now wants to be freaken president? It sounds like lunacy. We were just complaining about him calling games and his emotional/too highs, too lows type of style. We didn't even appreciate him behind a mike. Yet he'll be able to make unemotional/unbiased/ purely intellectual decisions as president? He can't even go there as an analyst. It doesn't make any sense. Someone like Brian McBride would be a way better fit.
I would definitely prefer someone like Brian McBride although you may not like what he has to say here....

McBride: U.S. players must go to Europe - ESPN FC
Old 10-19-2017, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I would definitely prefer someone like Brian McBride although you may not like what he has to say here....

McBride: U.S. players must go to Europe - ESPN FC
Well it's deceiving since he commented on Jones and his thoughts. It's also interesting hearing Jones in his thick accent making fun of Morris basically. His German part is noted. He wouldn't know what it's like growing up here and how hard it is to leave.

McBride also mentioned South America too.

Also, it's a known fact that most American players rather be here than Europe. I'm not sure how much more obvious it can be. That's just the way it is. In addition, it's easy for him to say since he had a good situation. Most other Americans do not have that luxury. So if McBride can guarantee every American who goes there is treated with respect and equally AND they play then great.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-19-2017 at 08:22 PM
Old 10-19-2017, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well it's deceiving since he commented on Jones and his thoughts. He also mentioned South America too.

Also, it's a known fact that most American players rather be here then Europe. I'm not sure how much more obvious it can be.
I don't think that was his point. He was responding to Jone's comments but added his own feelings as well. I think he meant that they should play overseas even if they preferred to play here.
I kind of think Morris's comment about wanting to stay because his mom bought him and his girlfriend a dog was a bit much.

Quote:
That's just the way it is. In addition, it's easy for him to say since he had a good situation.
He had to fight for that good situation. He paid his dues.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I added stuff in my last post.

Like I said if our American players are respected and actually play then I'm all for them playing overseas or in South America. I just don't see them getting consistent play which is the worst. So many Americans went to MLS BECAUSE they weren't playing in Europe and they wanted to be on the Nat team.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I added stuff in my last post.

Like I said if our American players are respected and actually play then I'm all for them playing overseas or in South America. I just don't see them getting consistent play which is the worst. So many Americans went to MLS BECAUSE they weren't playing in Europe and they wanted to be on the Nat team.
Yes. He did say that they have to realize that they may not play.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes. He did say that they have to realize that they may not play.
So then how does not playing help our Nat team? That's my concern. It's only a sure thing for someone like CP or someone like Landon who nailed a spot on Everton and would have remained there had the loan not expired or Landon wanted it. But he earned a spot.

I just can't see a great number of our players able to play regularly there.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-19-2017 at 09:42 PM
Old 10-19-2017, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

U.S. women's national team is now sole flagship for U.S. Soccer
Closed Thread   Post New Thread