Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2017, 12:47 PM
  #1
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 84,154
Sports #130: 2017/2018 NFL Season Starts Tonight! Also ... Fantasy Football is ON!

SPORTS





















2015 Women's World Cup.....








Jordan Morris


Sokolov & Anderson




Christian Pulisic




2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ - Qualifiers - North, Central America and Caribbean - FIFA.com
https://www.ussoccer.com
The Apt is offline  
Old 09-07-2017, 12:50 PM
  #2
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 84,154
Last page of posts on Last Thread
The Apt is offline  
Old 09-07-2017, 01:11 PM
  #3
Elite Fan

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 43,333
Thanks, Michelle!!!!
My accidental double post helped!
__________________
"The harder you work and the more prepared you are for something, you're going to be able to persevere through anything."—Carli Lloyd
everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 09-07-2017, 01:25 PM
  #4
Fan Forum Hero

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 72,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Got it.

The good news as a Pittsburgh fan is the team is such a storied franchise and so very popular world-wide, there's way more opportunities to watch their games. Even here nationally, they cover them so much it's much easier for me to get the games here in Minnesota too.]
It's definitely not an bad thing to follow an team as popular as the Steelers.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 09-07-2017, 02:12 PM
  #5
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 84,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Thanks, Michelle!!!!
My accidental double post helped!
The Apt is offline  
Old 09-07-2017, 02:19 PM
  #6
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 84,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
It's definitely not an bad thing to follow an team as popular as the Steelers.
Nope. I also have a bit of a unique situation too. I am a Cleveland, Ohio native. Born and raised in Cleveland. My entire dad's side of the family was born and raised in Cleveland. My mom was born in Western Pennsylvania not far from Pittsburgh... about 40 minutes from Pittsburgh. My Maternal Grandparents moved from Western Pennsylvania to Cleveland eventually. Thus, how my parents met. Some extended family stayed in Western Pennsylvania. As a result, I have family in both Cleveland and Pittsburgh area. I have grown up with the rivalry and fighting within the family, lol. As a result, when I was a little girl I said I would support both teams... everyone thought it was cute and never took me seriously. Cleveland and Pittsburgh are probably historically the greatest rivalry in the NFL, along with Chicago/Green Bay. It's unheard of to like both Cleveland and Pittsburgh but I do and have never wavered. Relatives know this. I meant it. I support both teams and have since I was a little girl. The Cleveland Browns before the Super Bowl was available (way before our time) had National Championships like crazy. They were like the Pittsburgh Steelers now, carrying the most championships like Pittsburgh carries the most Super Bowls. Thus, it's easy for me to support both teams because when I grew up Cleveland wasn't and hasn't been all that good, it's been Pittsburgh. So it's not like the teams have competed head and head for playoff spots, etc. I can easily like both teams. My family after all these years laugh at me for being so dedicated and never wavering but I know deep down they are impressed at the same time.

Last edited by The Apt; 09-08-2017 at 04:03 AM
The Apt is offline  
Old 09-07-2017, 04:05 PM
  #7
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 84,154
All American Semis on now!

I have to leave for the soccer game so have the DVR recording!

Then the NFL gets going in a little over an hour and I have two players playing tonight in fantasy so they better get me lots of points!
The Apt is offline  
Old 09-07-2017, 06:51 PM
  #8
Elite Fan

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 43,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
All American Semis on now!

I have to leave for the soccer game so have the DVR recording!

Then the NFL gets going in a little over an hour and I have two players playing tonight in fantasy so they better get me lots of points!
I just got home. I won't tell you who won the first match, and now the second match is about to begin!

How did Your niece do?
__________________
"The harder you work and the more prepared you are for something, you're going to be able to persevere through anything."—Carli Lloyd
everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 09-07-2017, 09:44 PM
  #9
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 84,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I just got home. I won't tell you who won the first match, and now the second match is about to begin!

How did Your niece do?
They won! It was a really tight game, they won 1-0. Sara assisted. The visiting parents were out of control, I almost got into it with a couple of them. I couldn't help myself. They were even ripping some players on our team. As you know, they were lucky it wasn't Anna or Sara they were saying stuff about or else they really would have dealt with me. My dad was annoyed too but basically told me to stay silent, lol. I have my mom's passion, that is for sure, haha.

I saw who won! Wow! I am going to watch now. Madison just took apart CoCo it appears but Venus/Sloane one was tight as a drum! Amazing we will have a brand new American champion in a couple of days. So cool!
The Apt is offline  
Old 09-07-2017, 09:49 PM
  #10
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,741
Thanks for the new game Michelle!
__________________
No siempre los hace felices (a los humanos) obtener lo que quieren, ni siempre lo hace infelices no obtenerlo. Si la felicidad esta hecha de todo aquello que se pueda alcanzar, solo es posible la infelicidad.
secretk is offline  
Old 09-07-2017, 09:51 PM
  #11
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 14,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
They won! It was a really tight game, they won 1-0. Sara assisted. The visiting parents were out of control, I almost got into it with a couple of them. I couldn't help myself. They were even ripping some players on our team. As you know, they were lucky it wasn't Anna or Sara they were saying stuff about or else they really would have dealt with me. My dad was annoyed too but basically told me to stay silent, lol. I have my mom's passion, that is for sure, haha.
Ugh sucks about the family of the visiting team being nasty and annoying. Glad they won and that Sara assisted! You should all be proud with Sara and Anna!
__________________
No siempre los hace felices (a los humanos) obtener lo que quieren, ni siempre lo hace infelices no obtenerlo. Si la felicidad esta hecha de todo aquello que se pueda alcanzar, solo es posible la infelicidad.
secretk is offline  
Old 09-07-2017, 10:47 PM
  #12
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 84,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Ugh sucks about the family of the visiting team being nasty and annoying. Glad they won and that Sara assisted! You should all be proud with Sara and Anna!
Thanks. We definitely are proud of them. The parents were awful. I was sitting right next to them. Only a tiny little fence thingy separated us so I heard every word. It was difficult for me to hold back. In fact, I didn't a couple times, lol, until my dad calmed me down.
The Apt is offline  
Old 09-08-2017, 12:40 AM
  #13
Fan Forum Hero

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 72,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Nope. I also have a bit of a unique situation too. I am a Cleveland, Ohio native. Born and raised in Cleveland. My entire dad's side of the family was born and raised in Cleveland. My mom was born in Western Pennsylvania not far from Pittsburgh... about 40 minutes from Pittsburgh. My Maternal Grandparents moved from Western Pennsylvania to Cleveland eventually. Thus, how my parents met. Some extended family stayed in Western Pennsylvania. As a result, I have family in both Cleveland and Pittsburgh area. I have grown up with the rivalry and fighting within the family, lol. As a result, when I was a little girl I said I would support both teams... everyone thought it was cute and never took me seriously. Cleveland and Pittsburgh are probably historically the greatest rivalry in the NFL, along with Chicago/Green Bay. It's unheard of to like both Cleveland and Pittsburgh but I do and have never wavered. Relatives know this. I meant it. I support both teams and have since I was a little girl. The Cleveland Browns before the Super Bowl was available (way before our time) had National Championships like crazy. They were like the Pittsburgh Steelers now, carrying the most championships like Pittsburgh carries the most Super Bowls. Thus, it's easy for me to support both teams because when I grew up Cleveland wasn't and hasn't been all that good, it's been Pittsburgh. So it's not like the teams have competed head and head for playoffs spots, etc. I can easily like both teams. My family after all these years laugh at me for being so dedicated and never wavering but I know deep they are impressed at the same time.
Growing up in that situation definitely would have been interesting I do find it interesting that Pittsburgh one of the few teams who voted against the Browns becoming the Ravens a few years ago.
stlavin95 is offline  
Old 09-08-2017, 04:00 AM
  #14
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 84,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Growing up in that situation definitely would have been interesting I do find it interesting that Pittsburgh one of the few teams who voted against the Browns becoming the Ravens a few years ago.
It certainly is.

Great point that Pittsburgh went there. Cleveland/Pittsburgh are extreme rivals but oddly they protect each other in this scenario, or try to. It's like we can hate each other but don't let another team mess with either one of us type of deal.

Oh the devastation that transpired when Cleveland lost the team. It was awful. I LOVE how fellow Clevelanders fought to keep the name "Browns" and the colors. That was a phenomenal accomplishment. A few years later the Browns were back.
The Apt is offline  
Old 09-08-2017, 04:30 AM
  #15
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 84,154
I love how ESPN (Mike & Mike) are taking time to honor the American women in tennis at the US Open. This is unheard of because the NFL just got started, New England sucked it up last night and usually the morning ESPN shows cover the NFL with everything coming next. Mike & Mike are showing highlights of last night's matches, interviews, they are also interviewing Chris Evert in a few minutes too. Really cool!
The Apt is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Emily VanCamp France, Emily Vancamp Source, Daily Emily VanCamp, Emily VamCamp Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:54 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.